PDA

View Full Version : Psi / Stam boosters IDEA

Ryuben
21-10-03, 16:18
Ok i play a monk a tank a PE and i think this idea would benfit all 3 classes

the idea is that when u use up one of the 2 boosters it automatically snaps another one to ur Quick Belt the ammount of
times i have been on my PE and my psi shield has used up all
my psi and i need to put another booster in or my STA goes and
i need another booster, also same for my tank the ammout of STA
the TSG sucks up is a disgrace.

Sooooo whats the comunitys ideas?

Jesterthegreat
21-10-03, 16:22
would be good... but i imagine not that easy to implement

ps Ryuben mate - im on pluto quite a bit nowdays :D

Sorontar
21-10-03, 16:23
Well I voted yes because it would save hassle , same would go for Medikits and anti-shoch/toxin etc would it not ?

=SSC=Gandalf
21-10-03, 16:25
it wouldnt be to tough, just add a new tool/wep that's called say... injector or whatever and have the boosters be the ammo, then you just reload the thing.

ezza
21-10-03, 16:26
interesting idea, though i decided to put a vote in each one cos i couldnt make my mind up:D

Ozambabbaz
21-10-03, 16:37
gay idea...a landslide actually. i want logistics and little irritating things. APU with endless boosters? PE with endless boosters? stacking 15 medkits?

As has been discussed before, a seperate drug belt could be a good idea, 3 slots for 3 different drugs/boosters, drops as a seperate quickbelt on death, warzone or not.

Heavyporker
21-10-03, 16:53
I rather like the idea, and I find what ozam said to be offensive. Why in the world would anyone pop 15 medikits or boosters in a row in 3 seconds? You clearly haven't paid any attention to how those things work.

Ozambabbaz
21-10-03, 16:59
as for the boosters, i didnt mean they should be eaten in a row, alltho a Psi Shielded PE would do this in some instances, as for the Medkits, yes, they do stack, u can stack as many as u like, as long as u don't hit ur max HP, they'll keep on working.

i repeat, IMO, it's a bad idea to implement it like Ryuben suggested. It's happily excited (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~hallgren/wget.cgi?gay) nonsense

Heavyporker
21-10-03, 17:09
omfg, do you know how slowly psi boosters reload? and they "remember" the max mana, so you can't stack them.

Ozambabbaz
21-10-03, 17:12
did u ever try psi shield?

Cruzbroker
21-10-03, 19:00
GRENADES! :eek:

Omnituens
21-10-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
GRENADES! :eek:
i little random, but a genuine point.

love the idea. also if you have low FPS, the mouse jumps about like mad in RPOS mode, i nightmare for relocating boosters.

and fix that fucking but where items wont move in you inventory.

Birkoff
21-10-03, 19:17
Great idea, i know the feeling of boosters running out and it would make PEs a lot harder in a way as well.

as for Ozambabbaz, i thought u were a PE but i guess ur not.

=SSC=Gandalf
21-10-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Birkoff
Great idea, i know the feeling of boosters running out and it would make PEs a lot harder in a way as well.

:lol: why not?? O_o

mdares
21-10-03, 22:54
i posted somethin like this a long ass time ago and it was promptly ignored by kk tho the community was responsive.. so i try again:

]YESYESYESYEYEYS...

make a seperate consumables 3 slots to replace the stenograph thingy next to the HLT/STA/PSI bars. then whenever something runs out it just "reloads" from ur inv. All RPGs have a system like this (diablo, NWN, BG, ID, MU, etc.); why dunt NC?

Ozambabbaz
22-10-03, 14:47
Originally posted by Birkoff

i still am a PE, it's just all these little things makes the game more "point'n'click", to the point of boredom. it's a little change, that would change alot, actually.

CryptoChronic
22-10-03, 15:32
in any other game this would have been implimented from the start... its common sence

Ozambabbaz
22-10-03, 17:04
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
in any other game this would have been implimented from the start... its common sence

why?

If we're looking at the Stam boosters, they're auto injectors, containers that u ram into any given part of the body to administer the drug itself. Kinda makes sense that they come stacked, since injectors r quite small.

U got these in a quickbelt slot, meaning they're located on some part of ur body, lets say they're strapped onto ur chest, or in ur belt. When u've used the 4 auto-injectors, then, magickally, a new set of 4 auto-injectors pops outta ur backpack, which is on ur back, as the name implies, and removes the container holding the previous 4 containers, now empty.

So much for reasoning, this just doesn't mean shit in a game, since if everything was to be "just like real life" one might find out, that the game itself would be incredibly boring.

On the other hand, the other extreme, implies u should go and play some bi-sexual dragon in a point and click MMO.

How about those fancy movies, with Chow ur Phat Momma, they would be ass boring if it was just 2 nines, 200 enemies and 9000 rounds of 9x19mm, kinda what makes it exciting, is those nick of time dodges, jump behind the trashbin, reload the gun and replenish the grenades formerly strapped to his belt.

Does this make any sense, or is "warp speed Mr Zulu" a Variety Play on the far steppes of Leng?

StryfeX
23-10-03, 01:04
*Ignores Ozam's ramblings* What have you been smokin' today? o_O

I'd like this idea very much and I'll agree with Crypto in that something like this should have been in from the start.

--Stryfe