PDA

View Full Version : PPU xx/ ranks... wtf o_O

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 13:46
okies, lommed my APU over to PPU, he's base 83 PSI and 71 INT, cant remember specific stats... but im in PA2 and have DS/Core/def 2&3 in...

Agl/Str is gimped low atm, couldnt be arsed to level those yet, working on em tho, anyways...

With my PA 2 on, im at rank /50

Im using anti poison sanct for leveling in swamp caves with a decent team, also have 4 slot holy heal plus some lvl 3 buffs that i have for the team...

well anyways, my PPU's rank is crazy, I was at 79/50 at one point, how the fuck does it work that out, it seems to be holy heal or anti poison sanct thats triggering it to go that high...

PSI pool's at 333... is it this ? meh... feck knows, I hate monks anyways lol, just neocrons turned to the stage the my tank is next to fucking useless, my PE rocks solo, but at OP wars is next to fucking useless, I wont even start on droners or spy's for OP wars... ho0wever it ALL boils down to the ammount of monks each side has now, onoz they got 5 PPUs and 5 APUs... we dont have that but we have 10000 tanks and 10000 spy's..... fuck... were shafted... let em just take the OP our imp's arent worth damaging for that...

O_o !!

MayhemMike
21-10-03, 13:48
put in a exp psi controller 3 then loook at it ^^ , Its because you have a DS at low lvl ?

Clownst0pper
21-10-03, 13:49
Not sure, my PPU is only 95 psi and 78 int and he has 85/60***

I expect on cap his rank will be around 91/## I also use a DS setup with a pool of like 380 or 350 cant remember exactly.

Only thing that pisses me off is trying to find a group who i can xp with!!!

Other than that, you look nice with a high combat rank :cool:

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 13:51
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Not sure, my PPU is only 95 psi and 78 int and he has 85/60***

I expect on cap his rank will be around 91/## I also use a DS setup with a pool of like 380 or 350 cant remember exactly.

Only thing that pisses me off is trying to find a group who i can xp with!!!

Other than that, you look nice with a high combat rank :cool:

thats my point exactly, who the fuck do i level with at that insane rank...

im at 102 psi with PA 2 on (shush :p) anyways...

MayhemMike
21-10-03, 13:52
I think this is high , My ppu on saturn is 89 base psi and i drug to use holy cath sactum , maybe cause its artifact , but i get a rank of 75/55 with it O_o . And my psi pool is bigger than urs fenix .

GurTjaN
21-10-03, 13:56
the high rank is all cuz of the amount of ppw u have my monk is an capped apu and has rank 60/60 i only use 80 ppw but still cap fire apoc hl and my rares i kept low ppw cuz i didnt want the 70/.. rank it would make me harder to lvl ill lom some ppw now but for lvling its better to have little put more in ppu or psu...

( FUCK u for havind a DS my monk is capped and doest even has a ds part :( ) lol

GreetZ GurT

Clownst0pper
21-10-03, 13:56
i drug to use holy cath sactum , maybe cause its artifact

Tiz a known fact that the quality of spells increases your combat rank.

I did an experiment once.

Took my 4 slot HH (capped) and a bought one, The capped one gave me a rank of 68/60

I ported to reset my combat rank, casted the shop bought one and it only gave me like 24/60 now whether thats just bugged or what I dont know.

After using my TSS and HCS my rank shoots straight to 85, gaurenteed.

I wouldnt worry too much about it. Hopefully you will be leveling with people who remotely know how to get a decent combat rank.

I hunt with ethereal hes 79/65*** something like that. Makes for nice xp :p

Q`alooaith
21-10-03, 13:57
hey with 20,000 player's you could lag out and crash the server, so it's win win in an op war..:p

Might be because you lomed, and it's still thinking you'd got APU skill's, but it's still not nice..

J. Folsom
21-10-03, 14:00
Assuming all the psi related ranking stuff still works the same, it's probably the amount of psi power you have, since that's the skill which influences your ranking the most.

CryptoChronic
21-10-03, 14:06
ppw effects rank - higher the ppw the higher the rank... the higher the slottage of spells the higher your rank....

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 14:07
ive got 171 of whatever the skill is under INT (PSI newb here :D )

I have 104 ppw(?) Under psi and 88 mst with imps

my anti poison sanct isnt arti allround, it has 120 freq/range with 116 damage and 110 handling, only 1 slot and I dont cap it, my holy rez is like 8/min and holy heal is not capped, but is 4 slot modded for damage/freq and uhm range i think...

it seems to be the holy heal that slaps it upto that rank tho but i dont cap freq or damage on it yet o_O also this is waaayyy higher than what my rank was as a APU, I had 5 slot tox beam, 4 slot E beam 4 slot fire beam and APU PA2...

MayhemMike
21-10-03, 14:11
I have a 4 slot holy shelter D=

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 14:22
Originally posted by MayhemMike
I have a 4 slot holy shelter D=

ive got a 5 slot holy shelter and 4 slot holy def, but they dont seem to do jack all to my rank compared to the holy heal O_o its the second i arm the holy heal, dont even need to cast it...

Garet
21-10-03, 14:36
slightly of topic I guess but the prob with NC isnt that any one class rules the game (this used to be said of PPU's but u will notice now that PPU's die a LOT since APU's got debuffs).

The problem is that NC is all about teamwork and balance, and there are NOWHERE NEAR enough people playing neocron for it to work properly at any given time. Especially on pluto where the majority of people are limited to one character.

If NC had a lot more active players then op wars would be more balanced. As it is sometimes the op wars can get a little one-sided (Notice I said SOMETIMES not all the time), due to the fact that there just arnt enough players in NC to go around.

CryptoChronic
21-10-03, 14:39
well i got 5 slot holy shelter 5 slot holy heal 5 slot holy def 5 slot holy para and a 5 slot bat so w00t mofos :D

Original monk
21-10-03, 14:40
yeah youre rank gets boosted like hell with multislotted regular spells, try holding/using a 4 or 5 slot holy heal sanctum, youre rank pops up, also the more psipower in psi, the higher youre rank, but you have a littlebit less healingpower cause you need all the PPU you can get to cap youre spells, and thats alot. About the antipoisonsanctum: when i use a holy catharsis sanctum i get rank 75 overall, when i use a antipoisonsanctum it pops up to 78 sometimes even to 85 (my char is full capped except int, and has almost everything in ppu, a littlebit psipower, the same chipset as you are wearing ,ds-core-def2-3) so normally i am 2 stars 75 combatrank but as soon as i hold the antipoisonsanctum it pops up like crazy and i get 3 stars for like the rest of the day, then after a while it pops back down to 75 ... I have the same with a healing light with my spy, when i use my 4 slot full artifact healing light my rank yumps up to 85 sumthing and when i use a 3 slot ultimated full artifact disruptor it goes back down to 75, very weird ... but indeed a pain in the ass when you wonna level that last level you need :/

gl with youre new ppuchar, you will be bitched at, yelled at, farted on you, called exploiter and pissed at on the forum, yust because people cant kill ya, that is witouth using them dirty techniques like lowlevel deflector/heal casted on you ...
I also hope for you that they aint gonna nerf the PPu's like everybody is yelling or ya can lom back all them levels in a short while :) have fun holy healer

Kenjuten
21-10-03, 14:57
This is also slightly off topic, but I'm kinda curious...

If you got a 5-slot spell, and it's 120% all around, what mods would you put in it? O_o;

sira
21-10-03, 15:14
how much luck does one need
to get a rare spell all artifact and 5 slotted?

i'd not put mods in - just the normal psi mod when it's used to get the quality back up...

and on topic not much to say... ranks r a mystery to me
but i've heared it depends on the ppw/psu
and the slots of the spells u use -
as somebody mentioned already

ericdraven
21-10-03, 15:15
Originally posted by Kenjuten
This is also slightly off topic, but I'm kinda curious...

If you got a 5-slot spell, and it's 120% all around, what mods would you put in it? O_o;
None. What for?

Or you can try to get a flashlight on it. :p

Originally posted by sira
i'd not put mods in - just the normal psi mod when it's used to get the quailty back up...
Yep, exactly.

Dont Mess
21-10-03, 15:17
ok look at it this way no mater how many slots yr spells are if u wanna lower yr rank do tyhis pop yr DS out its gonna hurt yes if not then take out defence 2 put in exp 3 thats y u have a mad rank it should lower it alot BUT coz u have a DS yr screwed good luck leveling its not gonna be easy but best place 2 cap a ppu is with an apu at gaya mine but seen as u aint TG gonna be a bit hard

WebShock
21-10-03, 16:20
yea pop your ds out and use a store bought heal and sanctum. they are still great for PvM.

it will gimp your rank but you can level with midlevel characters.

use the uber shit for OP wars and pepper park.

mdares
21-10-03, 22:31
maybe its just meh but i've lvled rank 91 ppus with my rank 61 tank up to my rank 80 apu... they get exp from me regardless...

Scikar
21-10-03, 22:39
The within 10 ranks rule only applies up to 50/xx, after that you have to be within 15 ranks, and I think it increases again further up.

mdares
21-10-03, 22:44
ah ic... that makes more sence y it works as it does...

o and y dunt i see u anymore scikar :D

Scikar
21-10-03, 22:47
I just don't feel like coming back to Saturn just yet. I'm sick of playing a monk, and since everyone on Saturn has a ppu alt if I'm not on a monk I have nothing to do, so I'm playing on Pluto for a bit where at least there are less ppus.

mdares
21-10-03, 22:50
ah come be melee with me! i lommed my tank to melee as another protest to too many monkies :D i rarely bring my monk out unless i need to kill ppus... i use MC tank -> pistol spy -> Pistol PE

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 23:36
Originally posted by Scikar
so I'm playing on Pluto for a bit where at least there are less ppus.

omg hahaha thats the funniest thing ive heard aaaaalllllllllllllllllllll day !!!!!

mdares
21-10-03, 23:37
u knoiw wut? pluto needs more tradeskillers... i need a decent cst for my n00b :(

\\Fényx//
21-10-03, 23:40
Originally posted by mdares
u knoiw wut? pluto needs more tradeskillers... i need a decent cst for my n00b :(

Use Kweef, full repair/research/cst gimp, caps all non rares aswell :) and can ID E's with a cst3 easily, however if your TG well, you can feck orf :p

Scikar
22-10-03, 10:30
I already have a melee tank on Saturn actually. I'm staying at a friends house for the weekend, maybe I'll make my Saturn return on Monday. Though I still have to get my chars' factions sorted since most of them lost their faction in the last patch.

EDIT: Fen I'm serious, if you think Pluto is bad go try an OP fight on Saturn.

\\Fényx//
22-10-03, 11:00
Originally posted by Scikar
I already have a melee tank on Saturn actually. I'm staying at a friends house for the weekend, maybe I'll make my Saturn return on Monday. Though I still have to get my chars' factions sorted since most of them lost their faction in the last patch.

EDIT: Fen I'm serious, if you think Pluto is bad go try an OP fight on Saturn.

it's come down to who had the most monks, and that clan who is biggest, has the most monks, and eveyone (nearly anyway) has a monk alt, because its got that bad, all otehr classes are useless other than maybe a sniper spy...

Tanks are near to as usefull as a fucking wet paper bag, and PE's are ok for solo playing, untill you run into someone with a PPU... then you have no chance...

Anyway took my DS out, put exp controller 3 in and like, gone 74/51 o_O :confused: :confused: :confused: o_O