PDA

View Full Version : Npc Bugs

Leebzie
20-10-03, 23:01
Monk PA bloke at tawkeen village wont speak to me or about 7-8 other people ive brought in. its Really annoying , and non of us can get our pa !!!

All we see are the black chat borders :mad:

(Server : Uranus)

Had this bug with gammabone and PEPA vendors. (on pluto)

Could someone plzzzzz come fix this ??

QuantumDelta
20-10-03, 23:17
They're not really "broke" it's a case of your scripts not downloading afaik...it just takes a lot of time since the scripts are large...

Neo LoneWolf
20-10-03, 23:31
Not necessarily - AFAIAA half the npc problems seem to be the script not downloading (or rather, the download of the script timing out). The other half are another problem - where you can't get *any* reaction to the npc.

IIRC, Callash is working on the problem(s), such as adding the npc scripts to the next client-patch

WebShock
21-10-03, 00:07
take it easy dudes... there is a post in the forum about kk putting the scripts in the next patch. so this problem will be fixed :)

Leebzie
22-10-03, 18:49
Good...

Went back again tonight. Another NPC was there but he didnt talk at all.

Scikar
22-10-03, 19:17
The best thing you can do for now, is:

Press Alt-F to display FPS, ping, and bandwidth usage. Check the bandwidth (varies a lot on mine, but I think it's about 250 usually). Now click the NPC, and then press Esc to cancel. Check bandwidth again, if you're on 56k it should be between 5000 and 6000. Wait for it to drop back to 250 again. Now click the NPC, wait about 10 secs, and see if anything shows up. If you still get no response, quit to desktop, relaunch, and repeat. After 3 restarts like this I could talk to the PE PA NPC.

Kain
22-10-03, 19:20
Evening all,

Problem for me has been after last patch (well 2 since there is always a hotfix :P)

For example turned up day before patch, no blokey, must have been a zone reset. Got a Trouble Ticket raised in internal Helpdesk (no 16 / 16) waited 1 1/2 hours (now 16 / 17 w00t). Did what the GM's hoped and buggered off.

Came back next morning (hours before patch), bloke was there ( double w00t) but wouldnt talk to me.

So turned down all my display setting in F11 (I run with everything but veggy at max) and "triple w00t" he talked.

Go my PA and ran off into the sunset looking for a Drom to calm down with.

Tried again for a mate two days ago, no luck, no matter what I did no text appeared.

Got another mate, who also got his PA no problem before patches, and no Joy from him either.

So either the script got bigger so my poor "little" 3ghz / 1gb mem / whoop ass (nvidea) card can't cope, or it's fubar'd.

So now I is worried as my APU drops the PA (2) about 1/4 time I die. Since I die about 4 times a day.... so far I've got it back, mainly cos I tend to hunt the perimeter of a zone rather than where most others are.

Kain

Archeus
22-10-03, 20:35
do this... (1 or more works).

1. Open window to black screen. Leave it open for about 1 minute
2. Open HUD and close every window open (skills, inventory, etc)
3. Try again. If it is still black relog.
4. If it is still black when you try again, leave open for about 1 minute then zone and come back.
5 Try clicking in black area where a response would be. over and over for a while (rarely helps but have seen it trapped mid conversation)

failing that, page a GM in game. Most can fix it and if you aren't smarmy to them they will sometimes get the armor for you (once you supply the goods).