PDA

View Full Version : Rezkill solution

Leebzie
20-10-03, 19:16
Probably been posted aggesss ago but i was just thinking about this. When someone invites you to a team, you have to accept... so how about for example...

"MaSTerRezz0r is trying to ressurect you , do you accept ?"

If u decline/are afk (when rezkilling often happens) then u dont get rezzed and lose more items.

BlackPrince
20-10-03, 19:21
Old idea, but KK seems to be content with the Status Quo now.

Candaman
20-10-03, 19:32
if u don't wanna be rezzed gr out

Xaru
20-10-03, 19:33
Well, there is a simple solution to avoid getting reskilled while afk. Log out. Its simple as that. KK wont deliver us a different method.

I personally think reskilling can be quite usefull, if a person doesnt leave and works as eyes for other people. So thats good. That doesnt mean i like to see it abused, like when someone stands around, gets killed, never moves, and gets killed over and over again, but thats life.

The "would you like to be resurrected?" question would also be a very not RPG one, cause its not in your hand to get resurrected. Its the PPUs choice to do that.

I would rather see a different solution. Like you have 3 SI when you get resurrected. If you die and have more than 9% SI, you cant be resurrected and your screen goes blank. That would help with dead people still seeing, and you have a chance in killing people for sure in OP fights where many PPUs are around, and you cant reskill that easily.

Idea needs a bit work, but thats the basic direction i would like it to go.

Xaru

Leebzie
20-10-03, 21:31
I can certainly see where rp value being lost in that a dead person can choose if he wants to come back to life. Of course a dead person can choose which GR he wants to come back to life in...

Quite like that SI idea...

Mr Friendly
20-10-03, 22:37
iz got an idea also

its called GenRepping :D

StryfeX
20-10-03, 22:50
Might I suggest looking at this thread: Official Statement on Rezzkill (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65250).

This was supposed to be implemented, but I still haven't seen it yet.

--Stryfe

FuzzyDuck
20-10-03, 22:54
Originally posted by Leebzie
"MaSTerRezz0r is trying to ressurect you , do you accept ?" [/B]

KK are already trying to implement this I believe, so patience dear fellow, patience.

der Ed
20-10-03, 22:54
- rezzing should only be able when someone accepts it
- a kind of deathblow is needed to send "dead spys" back to their app

ghandisfury
20-10-03, 23:40
nope, rezzkilling is fine....don't stay idle in anarchy zones, and you'll be just fine.

Drake6k
20-10-03, 23:47
Good idea but it wouldnt work because it would be to complicated for kk to code.

El Barto
21-10-03, 12:16
Gen-Rep out.

Richard Slade
21-10-03, 12:18
FFS
U guys need to learn to have a ISWDA option damnit
Nowadays I just take the last option in the thread no matter what.

Candaman
21-10-03, 12:58
i see no problem with rez killing + it means more goodies for me :D:D:D

FBI
21-10-03, 14:08
Should only bring up a confirmation dialog after X minutes being
dead so it's not abused.

FBI

FlyingAngel
21-10-03, 14:50
Originally posted by Xaru

I personally think reskilling can be quite usefull, if a person doesnt leave and works as eyes for other people. So thats good.

If they realy WANT an eye .. they will start lahming and use LE runner .. u cant do anything against this eyes ...

L0KI
21-10-03, 14:58
If you dont want to get rezz killed, dont lie around after being killed. GR, THEN go AFK.

KK dont need to waste time implementing any harsh, bullshit changes because people dont possess the common sense to avoid rezz killing.

Rade
21-10-03, 15:03
Its not needed, if you dont want to be rezzkilled, GR out. There
are tools to avoid it so use them. However I like the idea about
being rezzed adding SI and having SI over a few % will make you
unable to see anything while dead.

Xaru
21-10-03, 15:06
Originally posted by FlyingAngel
If they realy WANT an eye .. they will start lahming and use LE runner .. u cant do anything against this eyes ...

But thats a different story. Dead spies are spies of opportunity. LE users are sent. Which i personally feel is exploiting. But what the heck. Cant stop them, can you :)

Originally posted by Rade

However I like the idea about
being rezzed adding SI and having SI over a few % will make you
unable to see anything while dead.

Me too. Makes death more real.

Xaru

enablerbr
21-10-03, 15:11
i have an easy soloution. REMOVE RESURECTION from the game completely. problem solved. NEXT PROB PLZ.

Xaru
21-10-03, 15:29
Originally posted by enablerbr
i have an easy soloution. REMOVE RESURECTION from the game completely. problem solved. NEXT PROB PLZ.

Thats a quite unthoughtful remark. Alot of people depend on resurrection, especially now, with the new GR rules. Just think of leveling in the caves. How would you like to GR out of there everytime you die??? :confused: Hmm, you are capped, and dont need that assistance anymore? Well, lucky you. But otherwise, you basically say. "Hmm, complaining about resurrection, just take it out. Oh, GR settings are stupid. Take them out. Oh, that guy has a CS, it hurts me. Take it out." Maybe you are right, maybe we should take all the junk out. Just let NC be a meetingpoint in a virtual reality. Oh, maybe that improves the RPG aspects of the game. Now that i think ybout it. Jee, you are right. And while your at it KK, please remove all monks, and stealthing spies, and tanks, and theese PEs suck too.

Hmm, i got carried away, sorry. Basically, i think its that i like resurrection. Just give it some downsides like the small SI penalty and if you die with too much SI, you cant be resurrected and your screen goes blank.

Sorry enablerbr, i just dont share your oppinion :D

Xaru

ezza
21-10-03, 15:35
how about when you die you right mouse click and select a GR, its a simple solutiono_O

Rade
21-10-03, 15:36
During the best times of neocron rezz was extremely rare, I dont
think I was rezzed more than once or twice before the PPUs
came into play. Not having rezz then wasnt a problem then,
however the new GR settings might make the lack of rezz a
problem.

Imo rezz should give SI, also there should be several levels of
rezz, not just two as it is now, and the higher TL they are the
more health should the target have after rezz and the lesser SI,
altho even the rare level rezz should give a little SI. The fact that
you can bounce right back up and fight is rediculous.

Xaru
21-10-03, 15:39
Originally posted by Rade
Imo rezz should give SI, also there should be several levels of
rezz, not just two as it is now, and the higher TL they are the
more health should the target have after rezz and the lesser SI,
altho even the rare level rezz should give a little SI. The fact that
you can bounce right back up and fight is rediculous.

I play a PPU. And i second that. :)

Leebzie
21-10-03, 15:49
Originally posted by Richard Slade
FFS
U guys need to learn to have a ISWDA option damnit

Yes , sorry bout that...

Tho it seems theres a bit of split *from poll* on the opinions of this idea , about the SI one however, thats pretty cool...

Rezzing is pretty damn essential for things like chaos caves.

If you are concerned about RP value Rezkilling is pretty damn against RP anyway , because "Killing someone , and bringing them back to life so they will drop another item" is pretty unrealistic.

One of the problems is the balance of how a rez is to keep leveling in dangerous areas good and fun , and not to ruin pvp/op fights.

enablerbr
21-10-03, 16:06
Xaru i'm not capped on any server. i'm a spy on 2 so don't bother with caves. oh dear so you die and have to get back. i'm used to dieing alone and walking back to places.

never posted about PPU moans. infact i laugh at the remove parashock. why because people moaned about it before. so KK made freezer weapons work. then people moaned and kk nerfed them again.

as for being killed by other players. hmmm... only ever happened when i wanted it to happen or i broke a rule of mine.

and to my orginal remark i was just taking the P!ss. :p