PDA

View Full Version : Twighlight Guardian.... the death of Saturn?

Opar
20-10-03, 18:44
Im sure many of you will agree. Im sure many of you will not, but im sorry, but this is ridiculous:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/101296/NewDawn2.JPG

Something needs to be done, not by other factions, but by KK, everyone is going to TG for SL issues, its kind of like...

TG 10000 members
CA 3000

Something has to be done, this is just wrong. Balance out the factions, split TG into 3 factions (theres enough of em)

Just do something, this is just plain dumb.

[EDIT: I used your pics Max, hope you dont mind :)]

Hell-demon
20-10-03, 18:50
Those TG need to move to Pluto their becoming extinct like DRE or Crahno_O

Marx
20-10-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Hell-demon
Those TG need to move to Pluto their becoming extinct like DRE or Crahno_O

Um Crahn is strong on pluto, and so is TG.

Alpha-Omega
Splitting TG into several factionbs would be good. Divided by ideaology and methods.

The Extremists (kills anyone with a red faction tag on sight types)
The "True Believers" (fights for the cause rather than the bodycount)
The Neutrals (a mixture of the two above)

Eledhbrant
Not that I'm defending TG or anything but i THINK last time I checked, Tangent had more people than TG, then again that isnt accurate as TG has very few noob non fighters and Tangent has a LOT. Plus the people who start a char in tangent and quit still leave a trace...

Basically a whole lot of the strong PvP'ers went to TG and now this kind of thing (above) can tend to happen now and again when they all get on at once and overrun everyone else.

Cyphor
20-10-03, 18:57
if anything it might pump some life back into saturn, now all the city factions have something to fight for. Also CA isnt a big faction but TT and CM are big and they are fighting for the city, so your numbers dont paint a very good picture. TG are prob more than out numbered if you count all their enemies. If the city folks would just fight together and try and get organised they could reverse the map.

Thundra
20-10-03, 18:57
ok it maybe rediculas but its pretty funny

im TT by the way no TG

Opar
20-10-03, 19:03
Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
Splitting TG into several factionbs would be good. Divided by ideaology and methods.

The Extremists (kills anyone with a red faction tag on sight types)
The "True Believers" (fights for the cause rather than the bodycount)
The Neutrals (a mixture of the two above)

I like dat ^^

Also, the factions are also messed up. Just a few days ago, one of Crahns biggest clans moved to TT, then TG moved in and raped TT, so now Crahn suxx0rs even more, CityAdmin are dead now that -protectors- have gone, and come back as TG, Saturn is probably the shitest server.

full stop.

Xaru
20-10-03, 19:06
It is funny really. All yellow on the map. Well, the major problem is the SL system. You shouldnt have allies, that are enemies to each other. The SL system should be reworked. Make the faction sympathy more important than SL. copbots shoot you, when you have bad fac symp to city factions. Guards shoot you, when you have bad fac symp to them. Screw the SL.
Depending on your fac symp and your location of death, you loose different amount of items when dieing.

By the way. It would be great if KK could make the Member counters count only those characters, that have been used within the last 30 days. Then we would know real numbers.

Xaru

J. Folsom
20-10-03, 19:06
Eh, soon enough there'll be a split in whatever the largest TG clan is, and one part of said clan will move to some new faction hostile to TG, then that faction either becomes the new super popular faction, with tons of members, a bunch of smaller clans, and one big clan which owns all the ops, after which the process repeats, except with a different faction then TG. Or, that faction never becomes popular, TG has a split later, and it repeats.

Spoon
20-10-03, 19:08
I'm surprised KK didn't have the foresight to see something like that happening...

But then again, it could be all the best players went to TG, still a minority, but the best PvP'ers and tactitions....

Just think if the mythical Balance of Power engine was in place....

StockX quotes:
TG 100000000nc
TT 2nc
CA 3nc
BT 1nc
FA 1000nc
CS 1000nc
PP 10nc
TS 1000nc
DRE 5nc

:lol:

Marx
20-10-03, 19:08
Doesn't the TG folk get bored of winning all the time?

:confused:

Opar
20-10-03, 19:09
Originally posted by Marx

Its nice to dream :)

Scikar
20-10-03, 19:11
Originally posted by Marx

How do you think the other factions had OPs before? Winning isn't boring, facing 27902340983098 ninja hackers/single turret destroyers is.

enablerbr
20-10-03, 19:27
think of it like this. some have flocked to TG like sheep to hunt without fear of death. so what happens when the OG Tgers have no one to kill they'll change faction and leave the sheep behind for a while. in fact CA would make a great faction for them. lets face it CA is more Rezzas bully boys than a human rights police force.:D . so they ex-TGers could go killing again.

Original monk
20-10-03, 19:38
I think that a faction /clan can never bring dead to a server, its what you make of it yourself, i bet that alot of TG people have pro-city chars also, and the other way around. I bet that if the biggest clans of TG (read the popular commercial clans, and i dont mean by commercial its a tradeskillerclan NOO) would all move to for example city-admin that alot of clans will yust follow and then we would have an overload on the pro-cityadmin side and everyone would be whining there isnt enough TG (hypotetical cause there will always be TG PKers ffcourse). Why do i say this ? cause it happend to this server before and it will happen again and the way around again after that :P yust like it has always been. (not to mention that there are alot of "sheep" on saturn that will yust follow around the most popular faction or clan, whatever that may be at the moment). So i think that automatically a new balance will be found. Its like they said before in this thread, where a bit forced into the Tg direction as soon if you wonna PK, for SL reasons for example... The thing that frightens me is that as soon doy comes (if it ever comes) i think everyone will hang out in doy (or like 97%) so then there wont be alot pro-cityadmin chars left, except the traders in plaza 1 that wouldnt leave a safezone in her or he's life (like my spy) :)

good luck, cu online, fo the good or the bad :P

superfresh
20-10-03, 19:40
Was pretty funny when I saw the map...

One of the interesting things to me about NC is that a lot of what goes on is up to the players. Some like to PvP, some don't. Some like tradeskilling, some like shooting stuff. Some like small clans, some like big.

It's the players that decide how the society develops. Some players choose their faction for its storyline character, and a lot of runners choose TG because of its rebelliousness. Some players also prefer a "safety in numbers" choice of faction, while others like the challenge of being the underdog. I know this is the case as a lot of FA are moving to both TG and TT out of frustration with the current population and politics. Can't speak for other factions, but I know CA wasn't always as small as it is now. I'm betting a lot of TT/CM absorbed them.

It is a shame though that the majority of players are in three of the factions. A lot of players have been around awhile and are probably close to capped. They're ready for some high scale PvP action, but would probably go to waste in DRE or most other city factions.

Anyway, the way the society develops is unpredictable. Maybe eventually some veterans will decide they want to take DRE to the top. Maybe some other veterans will decide they want to stop them. Who knows...

hajoan
20-10-03, 19:42
grrrrr.......

Opar you got PM

Selendor
20-10-03, 19:43
Originally posted by enablerbr
think of it like this. some have flocked to TG like sheep to hunt without fear of death. so what happens when the OG Tgers have no one to kill they'll change faction and leave the sheep behind for a while. in fact CA would make a great faction for them. lets face it CA is more Rezzas bully boys than a human rights police force.:D . so they ex-TGers could go killing again.

Terrorists are not welcome in the City Admin, I don't know any griefers or idiots in my faction, and I'd like to keep it that way. We may be up against it at the moment with the scourge of TG seeping through the wastelands, but we've been threatened before, and Reza is still here.

OTIS
20-10-03, 20:09
haha thats funny and TT has a lil spot in the bottom left corner:lol: :lol: