View Full Version : off topic about kids reviewing those oldies

CarniFlex
20-10-03, 14:11
egm magazine (http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338730,00.asp) made a few kids try out old games like pong, space invaders and donkey kong. The kid are between ages of 9-13 and its hilarious.

guywithnoears
20-10-03, 14:25
:lol:

Dribble Joy
20-10-03, 14:34
I imagine the same will be said by our kids in 20 years time about all the cool things we play with atm.

I still play Duke Nukem 3D though :D

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 14:43
*LOL*
Kid's are EVIL!
Not the first comment about their editing
hehe

Original monk
20-10-03, 14:43
Daamn this kids give pretty smart comments, we should get some of em to come post here :P

(and i still play tiberian sun, spoken about superior graphics :P)

RuButt
20-10-03, 16:14
i still play WarCraft 1 :D

nonamebrandeggs
20-10-03, 16:37
No fair those kids are retarded and have email address like "CoOlSk83rfReAk6969@aol.com"

Omnituens
20-10-03, 16:53
i still have a mega drive. and an atari 2600

ah those where the days, DigDug, Jr PacMan, Sonic, General Chaos, Golden Axe.....

the list of uber games long gone is endless.

Void Dildano
20-10-03, 17:04
I still play Neocron.

Judge
20-10-03, 17:14
Oh man.... some of them are only two years younger than me, yet I was exceited by playing some games (like super mario) that they were dissing.

KILL THE LITTLE SHITS.

Anyway.... err... where was I? Oh yeah, I had up until recently a mastersystem, with all the old sonic and prince of persia games... I loved Sonic.

Rizzy
20-10-03, 17:14
Golden axe and streets of rage were uber

Omnituens
20-10-03, 17:18
omg, how did i forget streets of rage?!?!?!

2 was better though

=Chojin=
20-10-03, 18:18
Tim: Which button do I press to make the blocks explode?

EGM: Sorry, they don't explode.

Becky: This is boring. Maybe if it had characters and stuff and different levels, it would be OK. If things blew up or something or—

Sheldon: If there were bombs.

Becky: Yeah, or special bricks. Like, if a yellow brick touched a red brick it would blow up and you'd have to start over.

John: Why haven't I won yet? I've paired up so many of the same color.

EGM: Don't worry about colors.

John: I just lined up six of the same color. Why didn't they blow up?

EGM: Nothing blows up.

LMAO lol:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tetris pwnz 0j0 RWAr

Ch0

Dribble Joy
20-10-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Judge
Oh man.... some of them are only two years younger than me

Cocking hell!! How old are you?

nonamebrandeggs
20-10-03, 18:35
Omfg!!! Anyone remember Jet Set Willy?

DJ: Probobly 14... 14 > you

Dribble Joy
20-10-03, 18:36
poo off, I am 21

damn I feel old.

Judge
20-10-03, 18:41
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Cocking hell!! How old are you?

I'm 15.... one of them at least was 13. :(

Tratos
20-10-03, 18:44
Me 15

these kids have no respect for classic games! that twats i mean come on

Becky: What color is he supposed to be? Green? And why can't we get past this first level?

how stupid can you get LUIGI IS THE GREEN ONE pfft kids

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS FOR THE NES -cries with joy- i love that game, why did my NES die from age :( :( -cries more- i miss my NES :(

space invaders also pwns im making my own version on VB at school, lol

(and i still play tiberian sun, spoken about superior graphics :P)

heh i still play tib sun also, its mint

Brotherhood of NOD > GDI

~T

Leebzie
20-10-03, 19:22
Sonic Megadrive games have gotta be my fav of all time

:D :D :D

Played soooo many brilliant games in my life... Would take a long time to list them all... :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
20-10-03, 23:30
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
No fair those kids are retarded and have email address like "CoOlSk83rfReAk6969@aol.com"

Indeed.
I'd also like to see what these kids would do if they actually came across a hard game.

Or a Multi-player game where someone who's fully mastered it is still leagues better than someone who's been playing it for months on end.

"OMG OMG OMG I R TEH LEET I CAN DO SEENGUL PLAYAR ON INSANE!!!HAWRHAWR NOW YOU DIE!!!"

15 deaths and 0 kills later.
"CHEATOR!!!!"
"...Get some skills kid..."

DarkPhoenix
20-10-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Omnituens
omg, how did i forget streets of rage?!?!?!

2 was better though

I liked 3...

General Chaos was awsome too.

Omnituens
21-10-03, 00:39
i pwn with the flamethrower dude

MrBane
21-10-03, 01:05
ah those where the days, DigDug, Jr PacMan, Sonic, General Chaos, Golden Axe.....

DIG DUG!

That game kept me busy for hours on my Atari! I finally managed to get a hold of a MAME ROM copy and I always play it when I want to burn a spare 5 minutes.

Seriously though, the attitude of those kids annoys the hell out of me. I can't believe they don't recognise and respect the start of the gaming entertainment industry for what it was.

Sure, Space Invaders, Tetris, Mario, Pong, all suck by todays standards, but back then, it was equivalent to Neil Armstrong walking on the moon - One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

Goddamn unappreciative little brats.

Richard Slade
21-10-03, 09:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Indeed.
I'd also like to see what these kids would do if they actually came across a hard game.

Or a Multi-player game where someone who's fully mastered it is still leagues better than someone who's been playing it for months on end.

"OMG OMG OMG I R TEH LEET I CAN DO SEENGUL PLAYAR ON INSANE!!!HAWRHAWR NOW YOU DIE!!!"

15 deaths and 0 kills later.
"CHEATOR!!!!"
"...Get some skills kid..."

Now what game is that??
I only have my good ol' Tekken 3 memories
So many kiddos going like that
"OMG OMG OMG I R TEH LEET I CAN DO XIAOU ON INSANE!!!HAWRHAWR NOW YOU DIE!!!"

Yeah yeah whatever..
Grab 2nd control, bring Paul in
play 2min
Kick the nosey kiddo for being a loser as he goes
"HEY WTF?! SUMTHINS WRONG WITH MUH CONTROLLA!"
Yeah yeah whatever...

Anyone got some kewl multi-play hotseat games out there?

Q`alooaith
21-10-03, 13:11
They chose some real not bright kid's in for that, probably think they are good gamer's... I'd probably beat em all at the same time on UT..

I rember playing pong at the arcade, that was fun..

NES was good, liked my SNES and MD more though..

Jaggeh
21-10-03, 13:40
manic miner>jet set willy

EGM: Yeah, we use them to end our articles. They do kinda look like they're from Space Invaders, don't they?

Tim: They're going to sue you.

lolz

FBI
21-10-03, 15:05
nintendo...ninja turtles...stupid level where u swim and need to
goto those contraptions for air every X minutes.

grrr ;p

FBI

Omnituens
21-10-03, 18:54
ffs. i forgot Alex the Kidd.

ino
21-10-03, 19:38
hehe.. that article is hilarious :)..

Old games owns. Not a stoneage game but I still play Quake, you know the first one.. sometimes for hours a day. I will probably never get bored of that game ever, been playing for like 8 years now and still not bored. Wonder if there are alot of games like that arround now. Except Neocron maby or mmorpgs. CS has some years on it's neck now, But I absolutly hate cs slow ass, you need too much (actually pretty often) luck at times to win kinda game. But Im sure cs will die before quake dies :)

Tazo
21-10-03, 19:56
My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis. [Misses ball] Whoops.
:lol: that soooo reminds me of certain nc players....

Ogre
22-10-03, 08:20
Yah I read that and laughed my ass off at the snotty little kids, *smirk* I still have a TRS-80 underneath my bed even, my NES with the top ripped off so i can make the cartridge hit the contacts properly, and i spent the other day huntin fer my copy of System Shock(Man that game rocked in its day. way better then doom2, cause you could interact with an inv .. look up and down, lean around corners etc) Not to mention system shock two, almost gave me a coronary a few times as someone walks by me playin and says somethin ... man i still dream bout them monsters creepin up on me in hallways (or hop into an elevator and whistle girl from epeneba (spellin's wrong there))

But mario was damn fun then, and ill put out a name that everyone will remember and groan at how hard the damn thing was ... Battletoads

ichinin
22-10-03, 12:16
Love the comments about E.T.:

Tim: [Points to lava lamp on TV stand] That thing's more interesting.

John: Yeah, let's watch the lamp. It's more fun and less predictable.

Nico: Didn't they bury this game in Mexico or something?

Overall: E.T. was the last game on Atari 2600, it sank the Atari 2600 quicker than the Titanic.. The game was so crappy, free copies were being given away, but now, most are in a New Mexico landfill. E.T. is the worst game of all time compared to any game in history, stick that in your head.. GameFaqs needs fractions for this game.. Overall, I say it deserves
0/10

However, as low as GameFaqs can go, it is forced to be a 1/10.. At least the game booted up properly, so I guess that's some sort of credit..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/a2600/review/R53457.html

ezza
22-10-03, 13:08
i remember playing stuff like nite Lore and Sabre Wolf and jet set willy, classic spectrum games:)

ex-machina
22-10-03, 17:21
Those kids are the scourge of human kind.

Nathan
22-10-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Rizzy
Golden axe and streets of rage were uber

yeah streets of rage were pUre ownage :)

John.nl
22-10-03, 23:31
Hilarious... I was, like, so hoping to see a review of Williams 1981 Defender. Man I was playing that coin-up game for, like, hours on just one DFL.

Omnituens
23-10-03, 00:45
*goes and plays Streets of Rage 2 over the t'internet*