PDA

View Full Version : Question

Syntax-Error
20-10-03, 12:18
Having never used it.. i wana know..

how affective is the tangent gatling rifle against monks?

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 12:19
You mean the speed gat?
Effective
Very Effective
MOSTLY
More effective than any other weapon atleast.

Syntax-Error
20-10-03, 12:22
No the gatling rifle . you know the tangent one.

Tangent Gatlin Rifle DEX=79 R-C=104 Dmg = 4 x 101 prc/frc

that one

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 12:28
Oh that one..
well it's fair enough
All high end weapons with pierce are good
VERY good
Piercing > Monkeys u know.

LTA
20-10-03, 13:03
dunno tho if they have a deflect and well specced STR then it is probably worse than using your cs O_o

Mangus
20-10-03, 13:08
It might be effective if used as a club. :rolleyes: Other than that, it does low damage and has an inferior range.

Candaman
20-10-03, 13:11
no offence richard but is ur Enter key warn out cus it seems to get a lot of over use in all ur post's

Rade
20-10-03, 13:21
Piercing weapons are overrated against monks. They used to be
the monk killer back when there was no deflector spells but
nowadays youre best of just using your highest damage weapon
disregarding what damage type it is. Boring really, its fun to have
to use different damage types against different classes.

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 14:19
Originally posted by Candaman
no offence richard but is ur Enter key warn out cus it seems to get a lot of over use in all ur post's

Ya, kinda get's warm after some posts yes,
but only for the reason that if prefer making posts
that are easy to use instead of something like:
"If you get low FPS it's simply because Neocron is using an old engine and relies heavily on processor power. If you have a decent graphics card you won't lose any FPS at all, since anything newer than a GeForce 3 handles Neocron's graphics with no problem. The difficulty comes when there are lots of people in the immediate area, the combination of netcode to process and the bias of the engine towards processor usage means your processor has a lot of work to do."

I hate those posts
That's the reason. happy?

Original monk
20-10-03, 14:30
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Ya, kinda get's warm after some posts yes,
but only for the reason that if prefer making posts
that are easy to use instead of something like:
"If you get low FPS it's simply because Neocron is using an old engine and relies heavily on processor power. If you have a decent graphics card you won't lose any FPS at all, since anything newer than a GeForce 3 handles Neocron's graphics with no problem. The difficulty comes when there are lots of people in the immediate area, the combination of netcode to process and the bias of the engine towards processor usage means your processor has a lot of work to do."

I hate those posts
That's the reason. happy?

this also answers my question :)

regarding to the gatlingrifle: yeah its a good weapon, altough a pain easer will be better, but still not good enough to kill any decent ppumonk, an apumonk yeah, they will be in pain by youre gun, but a ppu monk laughs at ya, parashocks ya, damageboosts ya and starts hitting you with a 5 slot phopshor assaultrifle :P
I suggest to KK that they make that terminator a monkbuster, that it does extremely crazy damage to ppu's but only be used by spy's :) so there both in danger when they attack eachother, the ppu cause the spy has a dangerous weapon and the spy cause he has to get up close, risking damageboost/freeze and kill from any other person around or the ppu's souly-rifle-pistol...

(altough making it spy only havent got much use, i dont know alot of spy's that fight close combat, and most of the PE's are pistolers so... well anyway, i did my best)

CryptoChronic
20-10-03, 14:46
cs does more against monks than speed gat....

Birkoff
20-10-03, 14:48
Depends a lot on the setup but as a whole a CS hurts monks more..

/edit OK cc beat me to it

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 14:49
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
cs does more against monks than speed gat....

I wanna see some stats on that
Since AFAIK monkeys tend to have both shelt and resist vs
nrgy+[insert whatever]

Syntax-Error
20-10-03, 15:32
But i cant use a CS im a rifle PE :P

(well i could use one if i lommed to HC, but i hate drugs so i never use them)

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:28
I don't understand how a CS can do more damage then a Gatlin.

Monks have like 200 energy resists with armor alone and then spec X-ray mostly, while piercing and force they have hardly any protection.

I still think a Tangent Speed Gun off the CM ER is the best weapon with it's capped stats and uranium or phosphor ammo mod.

Rade
20-10-03, 20:35
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I don't understand how a CS can do more damage then a Gatlin.

Monks have like 200 energy resists with armor alone and then spec X-ray mostly, while piercing and force they have hardly any protection.

I still think a Tangent Speed Gun off the CM ER is the best weapon with it's capped stats and uranium or phosphor ammo mod.

Resist force works against piercing as well, and the monk armor
does have some resist force and resist piercing in it. Once you
get over 100 the increase in armor/resist doesnt give you that
much more resistance, so the higher damage energy weapons
will do more damage than the lower damage piercing weapons.
Also monks rarely have more xray or fire than force resist/armor
so a force mod is a waste.

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:37
Meh, I guess I'll just have to test it in-game with a clan Monk or something..

Shadow Dancer
20-10-03, 23:37
Against a well setup monk CS will always come out on top, unless of course KK makes a rare gat that is like TL 103 or something. :D

Vid Gamer
21-10-03, 00:10
Fuck.

Looks like I did that CM ER for nothing then since a capped CS will do more damage anyway. :mad:

I want a rare Gatlin Cannon now!

Shadow Dancer
21-10-03, 00:11
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Fuck.

Looks like I did that CM ER for nothing then since a capped CS will do more damage anyway. :mad:

I want a rare Gatlin Cannon now!

To me Speed gat is like Fire apocalypse. You can't risk using it as your main, because if someone is set up well against it you're fucked.