PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 21:36
OK, since no-one cared to answer in the other post (OK, it wasn't my thread but nm)

I have downloaded planeshift, but when I go to the dir with the files in to run the installer, the 5 components are about 10-200K, not the 20 MB they are meant to be.

WTF?

They dl as normal, says xxMBs dled in xyy mins zz secs
Same has happened with at least 2 of g0d's movies.

Krll
19-10-03, 21:48
Are you using any third party download programs? You know, these "download accelerator!!11!!!1" or "pause your download!111" type deals?

If not, then what web browser are you using to download them?

-Krll

Oath
19-10-03, 21:52
Originally posted by Krll
Are you using any third party download programs? You know, these "download accelerator!!11!!!1" or "pause your download!111" type deals?

If not, then what web browser are you using to download them?

-Krll

Yeah they suxx the maxx.

Darth Slayer
19-10-03, 21:53
DAP works ok but everynow and then you do have to reinstall as it throws a fit and all your files get downloaded ready corrupted.

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 21:56
No, dl progs. just plain ol' IE.6

Great, PvP movie 4 hasn't worked AGAIN.

Krll
19-10-03, 22:02
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
No, dl progs. just plain ol' IE.6

Hmm... ok... next idea:
Got any viruses (or virii, or whatever)? :)

-Krll

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 22:03
*runs Norton.

Krll
19-10-03, 22:05
*runs Norton.

Ok... I'm stumped then. Sorry. :(

Got any internet programs that might interfere?

-Krll

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 22:56
ARGGGG wtf and MOEP MOEP.

My comp is fuxx0r3d.
All the links in the forums are blue, the font is fucked.
And now whenever I run Norton, it comes up with 'Could not scan file xxxx.xxx becuase the disk is full.' Never happened before, happens to about 1% of the files. ARGGG. I have 2 seperate fire walls on 2 separate machines, What is going on?!?!?!?!?

Lathuc
19-10-03, 23:00
format is the only thing i can think of that will help you

Oath
19-10-03, 23:07
ARGGGG wtf and MOEP MOEP.

My comp is fuxx0r3d.
All the links in the forums are blue, the font is fucked.
And now whenever I run Norton, it comes up with 'Could not scan file xxxx.xxx becuase the disk is full.' Never happened before, happens to about 1% of the files. ARGGG. I have 2 seperate fire walls on 2 separate machines, What is going on?!?!?!?!?

Either a corrupted file, virus or windows.

Run scandisk from dos, make sure its not just 'windows reports your free HDD space incorrectly, this may cause your computer to piss you off more often than not' error.

dunno though.

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 23:08
How do you run scandisk from dos again? I have wundoze2k which seems to lack one.

NS_CHROME54
19-10-03, 23:30
the version of dos that comes with win2k is practically non-functional. i would know. i run win2k, and it's totally useless for anything other then tracing the connection to the neocron server to see where the lines have gone down.