PDA

View Full Version : The latest SWG disaster - You just have to love NC

NeoChick
19-10-03, 13:39
Whatever KK does, they would never come up with such a terrible, illogical idea as has been happening in SWG:

Everybody has been grinding away to level and become Master.
Now to get more points towards your "Jedidom"the road is that you get a holocron which tells you that you can 'open' these powers by learning another profession like for instance 'Master Entertainer'

Since points are limited, it means you have to give up, and loose, all the points of xp you have struggled and worked to get for your chosen profession, i.e. throw it all away and work away at becoming a master in a profession you simply do not want, like dancing in the canteena for weeks on end. Once you are master in that and 'opened up your powers' or whatever, then you can throw all those points away and start from scratch towards your chosen profession.

Can you believe this? No it is not a joke, it is the horrible truth from what I understand it, I do hope I am wrong

sparrowtm
19-10-03, 13:43
And I hope you're right. Burn, SWG ! Burn ! :cool:

juvestar15
19-10-03, 15:30
Originally posted by NeoChick
Whatever KK does, they would never come up with such a terrible, illogical idea as has been happening in SWG:

Now to get more points towards your "Jedidom"the road is that you get a holocron which tells you that you can 'open' these powers by learning another profession like for instance 'Master Entertainer'

Since points are limited, it means you have to give up, and loose, all the points of xp you have struggled and worked to get for your chosen profession, i.e. throw it all away and work away at becoming a master in a profession you simply do not want, like dancing in the canteena for weeks on end. Once you are master in that and 'opened up your powers' or whatever, then you can throw all those points away and start from scratch towards your chosen profession.

Can you believe this? No it is not a joke, it is the horrible truth from what I understand it, I do hope I am wrong

That is correct. I believe Holocrons are selling for around 4 million if you don't feel like looting one off a Dark Jedi. It's just another obsticle to get you to Jedi.

BTW: Even if you do as the Holocron says(make a Master Chef like my mate), you still dont get a force sensitive slot. I think it's a great idea. It really throws people off. They never said being a Jedi was easy. You sound like you wanted it handed to you on a plate. Do you realise that every second character isn't going to be a Jedi??

Every step of the way to becoming a jedi there are obsticles. It's not only a matter of lvling flat stick to become one. There are certain things you must sacrafice, like losing skills. At every obstilce people will drop off and give up. That is the whole idea of it.

ezza
19-10-03, 15:35
Originally posted by juvestar15
That is correct. I believe Holocrons are selling for around 4 million if you don't feel like looting one off a Dark Jedi. It's just another obsticle to get you to Jedi.

BTW: Even if you do as the Holocron says(make a Master Chef like my mate), you still dont get a force sensitive slot. I think it's a great idea. It really throws people off. They never said being a Jedi was easy. You sound like you wanted it handed to you on a plate. Do you realise that every second character isn't going to be a Jedi??

Every step of the way to becoming a jedi there are obsticles. It's not only a matter of lvling flat stick to become one. There are certain things you must sacrafice, like losing skills. At every obstilce people will drop off and give up. That is the whole idea of it.

didnt they also say casual players can be Jedi to, judging from the above that aint gonna be the case

anyway the classic neocron era hybrid monk would own jedis from here to tatooine

so fuck da jedi and fuck SWG

juvestar15
19-10-03, 15:40
Originally posted by ezza
didnt they also say casual players can be Jedi to, judging from the above that aint gonna be the case

anyway the classic neocron era hybrid monk would own jedis from here to tatooine

A casual gamer can become a Jedi. It will take alot longer than a full timer naturally.

1 Jedi takes out a high lvl hunting group of 20 with force push. :D

ezza
19-10-03, 15:41
A casual gamer can become a Jedi. It will take alot longer than a full timer naturally.

1 Jedi takes out a high lvl hunting group of 20 with force push. :D

best not give KK ideas with that one, its bad enough as it is

KRIMINAL99
19-10-03, 15:46
how long does it take to master one of these professions?

LTA
19-10-03, 15:47

Causal Gamers aren't normally part of the mmo equation... :p

ezza
19-10-03, 15:49
Originally posted by LTA
Causal Gamers aren't normally part of the mmo equation... :p

maybe so, but they did say it would be possible, guess they were just talking out there ass, though nothing supprising about that

LTA
19-10-03, 15:51
maybe so, but they did say it would be possible, guess they were just talking out there ass, though nothing supprising about that

Well it's possible... just not err realistically possible in a casual gamers time space :p

Cyphor
19-10-03, 18:06
They never said being a Jedi was easy. You sound like you wanted it handed to you on a plate. Do you realise that every second character isn't going to be a Jedi??

Exactly :)

From what i know about the game its more like everquest. There isnt as much focus on pvp, its more to do with rp and lvling. Being a Jedi is ment to be one of the rarest things that can happen very few players will achieve it, at least not without months of playing and so months of paying their subscription :p
Imo i like the idea it gives the hardcore players something to aim for and the casual gamer can just ignore as its not one of the main aims of the game and you dont NEED it to have fun...the difficulty with jedi's can also be seen as they have perma death up untill their a master when they can do the life after death ghosty trick :p

Keiron
19-10-03, 18:28
Right on! Would be kinda funny to see somone make a fake duel between em thou.

KidWithStick
19-10-03, 19:55

LOL so true...

they would try there jedi mind tricks, but there uber leet holy shelter would block it, then they would HL them to death while they were paraspammed to the floor:D

LTA
19-10-03, 20:45
Light sabers, Force Lightning... energy.... jedi would be kinda hopeless

Pill
19-10-03, 21:21
imo that is kinda bastardized, to make you start over twice to get to a certain point in a game.

Archeus
19-10-03, 21:53
It is an excuse to keep you in game. Sony games tend to be just a form of crack with 0 fun involved.

Of course the true jedis will just buy thier account on eBay.

Darth Slayer
19-10-03, 21:58
There are no Jedi's yet in SWG and u know theres going to be peeps on 24/7 just trying to be the first Jedi. Heh and look at at it this way, there u are a fresh newly minted padawan after say a year of hardcore gaming and you are perma deathed in the first 10 mins, it's a classic I love it. Sony heres a gun OOOPS u shot your self in the foot how silly.....:lol:

Lathuc
19-10-03, 22:51
they have permadeath? that is just stupid

Vid Gamer
19-10-03, 23:10
Originally posted by Lathuc
they have permadeath? that is just stupid

No, not exactly.

Once you become a Padawan, you can die a few times, but after that you "permadie." This doesn't mean your character is erased, it just means say you reach Jedi Knight and die too many times, you will have to start back at Padawan and "level up" again. Once you reach Jedi Master and you die too many times (Devs said dying as a Jedi Master is almost impossible, you can tackle any mob in-game and kill dozens of people with no effort really) you turn into a "blue glowie," like how Darth Vader, Yoda, and Obi-Wan were like at the end of Episode VI.

I knew getting the holocrons from the Dark Jedi Masters would be part of the FS slot, but I didn't know how the Devs would use them. IMO it's a crappy way of going about things. Say you are a Master Bounty Hunter, now you have to sacrifice those hard earned points and learn Master Chef :confused:? I've read on the boards too people have already mastered the professions on the holocrons and nothing happens. It appears you need to collect a lot and certain ones in order to achieve FS, and I'm sure there's more to it.

Sharkey
20-10-03, 01:39
From what I see, ok it is not supposed to be 'easy' to be a Jedi
So give some hard things to do

deleting all your hard earned points and starting in a profession you dont want and being forced to master that only to delete it again to once again start from scratch in the profession of your choice does not sound very HARD to me,
it sounds simply and plain very very boring and extremely repetitive and most of all

Sony is saving so much money, they can sit back and do nothing and the stupids sit there playing the same stuff over and over again because some people just love being on a treadmill

perhaps, if you are living on an island with not other games around and nothing else to do..... but the competition is out there, look at NC, if you spent all that time you spend perhaps on SWG becoming a dumb Jedi that has permadeath, if you spent that on NC wow you could have fun and you would have great chars that nobody expects you to wipe out

Marx
20-10-03, 02:06
In my opinion, the people in Sony are laughing their asses off and seeing how far they can push their subscribers before they see a visable reduction in subscriptions. At which time they announce an addon, which makes all those that left come back.

*sigh*

gostly
20-10-03, 03:36
nc>swg=false ... swg>nc=true ... swg has too much to offer and too much depth, somethin that neocron will always lack...dunno why you people stay in a dieing game...you'll wake up one day tho...

the new jedi holocrons were changed becuz retail has been going for 4-5 months now, and no one has become a jedi on any server...people are close but no one has become one...and SOE never thought it would take this long to see a jedi...you gotta think about this...it isnt NC...SWG has hundreds of thousands subscribers, between casual players and powergamers...swg keeps more people on one server then nc can on 5...lol, and you guys continue to talk shit on it...

unfortunately for me, i could careless about becoming a jedi, so unless you REALLY care about becoming a jedi, then why are you complaining?...everyone has known from the start becoming a jedi was gunna be hard, and different for every person...so why complain now when you realize what you have to do?...

Tazo
20-10-03, 04:10
Originally posted by gostly
swg keeps more people on one server then nc can on 5...
yes, and know why? because of the "SW" on its name. without the star wars franchise, it would be boring as heck. which it is, i was never a big fan of star wars*, so i decided to still check out SWG to see if its a decent MMOG... it isnt, its cheap, frustrating and boring.

*allright, im lying. SO WHAT?! it *could* be!

gostly
20-10-03, 04:14
ive never watched star wars, it's even in my bio in swg...and it seems to be a big shock to everyone...i play it cuz it's fun...obviously not for the star wars name...and lots of people play it cuz it's star wars...but i dont think anyone who is smart would stay in a game solely based on somethin like that...what the game offers usually plays a big factor...

edit: btw, nc is definately boring, and has become very frustrating, which is why i quit 3 months ago...also they delay shit over and over again...swg has a monthly storyline implemented into the game, just to keep you interested, and that also comes with a big patch every month that adds tons of new things/changes which is always somethin to look forward to...as a master creature handler, their's always somethin you can do if you get 'bored' (besides JUST pvp like in nc)...ill stick up for swg, as i have much more trust in SOE then i do in KK...

Tazo
20-10-03, 04:24
no but there are a few simple facts:

1) mmogs are addictive, nothing to chuckle about, thats just the way it is.
2) many people never heard of anything called mmogs, ultima online or everquest, but they heard of swg. and why? because its star wars.
3) star wars has an army of fans which could only be topped by star trek.

now take these facts, add a few quaints of logic, shake well, and this comes out:
swg had everyone psyched up about it years before anyone knew any fact about it. swg can rely on a huge army of possible subscribers due to it being "star wars". what game will the newbie who never played any mmog join? the one with the "star wars" logo on it or the one of which he never heard of? the answer rests.

dont get me wrong. if you like swg, enjoy it, i mean that. i dont like it but tastes are different. but PLEASE dont take "HAH we have more customers, ONOZ!" as a reason why swg would rock and NC would stink. i highly doubt the game known as swg would have more customers than NC if the starwars universe would never have been made.

KidWithStick
20-10-03, 04:41
i remember when i first played SWG...i was pretty confused...especially since i didnt know it was turn base PvP...WHICH SUCKS

that game would be so much better IMO if you can PvP atleast like neocron...if not just a regular FPS system like CS...although i understand that alot of the people who play the game have little if none at all FPS skills...and alot of them will openly admit to it too.

when i first tryed to duel someone i had no clue it was turn base, i kept pressing attack and it would take forever to start shooting...i thought it was just horible lag...

not to mention when your new you gotta group up to kill fucking frogs and rabits...

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 04:41
Originally posted by Sharkey
From what I see, ok it is not supposed to be 'easy' to be a Jedi
So give some hard things to do

deleting all your hard earned points and starting in a profession you dont want and being forced to master that only to delete it again to once again start from scratch in the profession of your choice does not sound very HARD to me,
it sounds simply and plain very very boring and extremely repetitive and most of all

You're right, it's not hard to "level" in SWG really. It's just very long and very boring. Grouping up can be fun sometimes to tackle big mobs, but you can't do that 24/7. Take me for instance, becoming a Novice Bounty Hunter means you have to master the beginning Marksman and Scout trees, and then doing a whole Bounty Hunter tree (which is hard as fuck because two branches are near impossible - LLC and Investigation). Now if I powergamed for months to reach Master Bounty Hunter and then I also want to become a Jedi, I have to get a Holocron off an insanely hard mob (a Dark Jedi Master) and then it says to become a Master Chef or Image Designer :confused:? I then have to take back the points I earned for Master Bounty Hunter and learn a whole entire profession in order to obtain one step to becoming FS? I know obtaining a FS slot was supposed to be hard, but I don't remember in the movies or books to become a Jedi you need to make a mean chocolate cake.

Basically, all it is is a HUGE timesink and moneysink and the Devs should really rethink there approach to this.

PS: Not to mention, if you obtain a Jedi, it's not even with your exisitng character, it's an entire new slot, so why do the Devs make you fuck up your main character? :confused:

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 04:45
nc>swg=false ... swg>nc=true ... swg has too much to offer and too much depth, somethin that neocron will always lack...dunno why you people stay in a dieing game...you'll wake up one day tho...

the new jedi holocrons were changed becuz retail has been going for 4-5 months now, and no one has become a jedi on any server...people are close but no one has become one...and SOE never thought it would take this long to see a jedi...you gotta think about this...it isnt NC...SWG has hundreds of thousands subscribers, between casual players and powergamers...swg keeps more people on one server then nc can on 5...lol, and you guys continue to talk shit on it...

It's also made by Sony and Verant, who have millions more in dough and 100x the workforce of KK.

And like Tazo said, it wouldn't be nearly as popular if it didn't have the Star Wars name in it.

Marx
20-10-03, 04:45
Originally posted by Marx
In my opinion, the people in Sony are laughing their asses off and seeing how far they can push their subscribers before they see a visable reduction in subscriptions. At which time they announce an addon, which makes all those that left come back.

*sigh*

;)

Whitestuff
20-10-03, 04:54
Sorry ghostly, I have to disagree.

SWG is too big to be entertaining. There is TOO MUCH to do. Then you add in the "fun" things like becoming a Jedi that take a really long ass time to do and you get one really boring game. I played it for 3 months and I mastered 2 characters and it was still extremely boring. It is way to open-ended. And they still add more content..... bah. And now, if you try to start a new character, there is no one around to help you out which means you just get killed repeatedly by yourself trying to level because everyone else is on their mastered character running around trying to become a Jedi on an advanced planet. And that leads me to believe SOE isn't pulling in any new ppl. They may have thousands of players running around while NC has a thousand or so, but it doesn't matter. KK is really small with a crap promotion company that did pourly advertising this game. Sony is well known and huge, why wouldn't their game be successful?

Neocron is fun cause it doesn't take forever to do anything, you play with people you know, and there are new things every few weeks which throws a bit of variety at ya.

IMO all of Sony's MMOG's are boring. I didn't even try everquest cause everyone said it was boring (I know some ppl play it for hours, but it wasn't my type of game). Planetside was REALLY boring. "Hey lets go take this base!" "OK!" *war* "Woohoo we won the base!!" *5 minutes later* *attack* "Damn the base is gone!!" Worse than OP wars in NC by far. And SWG was cool for a while b/c I had guys I hung out with that made me stuff and I hunted for them and we moved well through 2 servers, but it was boring as crap when they quit, so I start a new character and there is no one in any of the starting planets. Like 3 ppl. Seriously, on Tattoine there were 3 ppl.

And last point: NC is supposed to be easier to play. Hell it says so on the homepage. It isn't supposed to be really hard, it is supposed to convey a first person shooter type game and I think it succeeds very well. What KK needs to do tho is fix the bugs. There again small companies can't work huge miracles in no time at all.

Man I hope some of my points make sense cause I am really tired and I won't even bother to proofread this . . .

gostly
20-10-03, 04:56
i remember when i first played SWG...i was pretty confused...especially since i didnt know it was turn base PvP...WHICH SUCKS

that game would be so much better IMO if you can PvP atleast like neocron...if not just a regular FPS system like CS...although i understand that alot of the people who play the game have little if none at all FPS skills...and alot of them will openly admit to it too.

when i first tryed to duel someone i had no clue it was turn base, i kept pressing attack and it would take forever to start shooting...i thought it was just horible lag...

not to mention when your new you gotta group up to kill fucking frogs and rabits...

this is exactly what ive been trying to tell people all along...you just proved it...you people that played the game for 5 minutes and decided it sucked solely based on that...

i hunt solo...always have from the beginning, so you dont have to group to do anything...also in pvp...you dont always have to 'duel' people...everyzone is a pvp zone, you have to be on a side (rebel or imperial...not neutral)...and overt to openly attack...if you're on a side and want to hunt without worrying about getting attacked, then you go covert, also, just hitting attack over and over again isnt what you're supposed to do...that actually does nuthin but initiate combat, using specials for your weapons is what you're supposed to do, also, different made weapons have different attack speeds...the starter shit is always gunna suck, look at every mmog...also if you get a smuggler to slice your weapon, he can cut down the attack speed or increase the dmg...

honestly, you guys in NC all have the same perspective on swg...and it's mostly becuz you believe what you hear from the people that didnt take the time to truly play it and learn the system...instead gave up and said 'fuck this, it sucks'...

NS_CHROME54
20-10-03, 04:58
it's kind of like an infommercial really. telling you that you can do or have something really great, but you really have to read the fineprint.

well, u certainly get what you pay for. and in sw:g, u pay with your soul, because that's the only thing standing between SOE and your wallet.

Birkoff
20-10-03, 05:04
Originally posted by Marx

*sigh*
Sounds dead on.. lets all point and laugh at all those MMORPG players... i mean SWG players.... ahem...

gostly
20-10-03, 05:12
Sorry ghostly, I have to disagree.

SWG is too big to be entertaining. There is TOO MUCH to do. Then you add in the "fun" things like becoming a Jedi that take a really long ass time to do and you get one really boring game. I played it for 3 months and I mastered 2 characters and it was still extremely boring. It is way to open-ended. And they still add more content..... bah. And now, if you try to start a new character, there is no one around to help you out which means you just get killed repeatedly by yourself trying to level because everyone else is on their mastered character running around trying to become a Jedi on an advanced planet. And that leads me to believe SOE isn't pulling in any new ppl. They may have thousands of players running around while NC has a thousand or so, but it doesn't matter. KK is really small with a crap promotion company that did pourly advertising this game. Sony is well known and huge, why wouldn't their game be successful?

Neocron is fun cause it doesn't take forever to do anything, you play with people you know, and there are new things every few weeks which throws a bit of variety at ya.

IMO all of Sony's MMOG's are boring. I didn't even try everquest cause everyone said it was boring (I know some ppl play it for hours, but it wasn't my type of game). Planetside was REALLY boring. "Hey lets go take this base!" "OK!" *war* "Woohoo we won the base!!" *5 minutes later* *attack* "Damn the base is gone!!" Worse than OP wars in NC by far. And SWG was cool for a while b/c I had guys I hung out with that made me stuff and I hunted for them and we moved well through 2 servers, but it was boring as crap when they quit, so I start a new character and there is no one in any of the starting planets. Like 3 ppl. Seriously, on Tattoine there were 3 ppl.

And last point: NC is supposed to be easier to play. Hell it says so on the homepage. It isn't supposed to be really hard, it is supposed to convey a first person shooter type game and I think it succeeds very well. What KK needs to do tho is fix the bugs. There again small companies can't work huge miracles in no time at all.

Man I hope some of my points make sense cause I am really tired and I won't even bother to proofread this . . .

it always took me longer to level in NC for one thing...and ok...NC might as well be just a FPS...once you cap, that's all it has to offer is pvp...

and omg...did you just say too much to do in swg?...wtf is wrong with you?...as i always thought, more things to do is what makes mmog's interesting and keeps people ingame...

also NC doesnt add new things every few weeks, you're lucky to get somethin new every few months...i played on the same patch for literally 2-3 months...so i ask again, what are you talkin about...it must be the shit they added lately...which i heard people search for mobs for 5-6 hours without finding them, which just sounds frustrating as hell...

but whatever...you guys can continue to argue with me...i really dont care...i'll stick up for swg over nc...becuz i know what each has to offer....it's all vs. none...which i know might piss most of you off...but jesus, i know it keeps going on and on...but doy was supposed to be out back in april...i quit 3 months ago...hoping doy wouldve been out by now...i also read more delays on other new things in the game...lol, but whatever, i always found neocron to be repeative...which i can get if i buy a regular FPS that i dont have to pay monthly for

Marx
20-10-03, 05:13
Yeah, tossed in the *sigh* to make people think about teh' current situation here.

lol

:D

Gostly, UO offered alot of shit to do too.

Yet I know I wouldn't be caught dead with a skiller that wasn't directly tied with combat.

Yes, if you want to make clothes - Great!

Yes, if you want to be a cook - Great!

Yes, if you want to be a miner - Great!

continue this line ad nauseum.

So technically there's tons of stuff to do, but how much of it is wholly entertaining?

KidWithStick
20-10-03, 05:23
this is exactly what ive been trying to tell people all along...you just proved it...you people that played the game for 5 minutes and decided it sucked solely based on that...

i hunt solo...always have from the beginning, so you dont have to group to do anything...also in pvp...you dont always have to 'duel' people...everyzone is a pvp zone, you have to be on a side (rebel or imperial...not neutral)...and overt to openly attack...if you're on a side and want to hunt without worrying about getting attacked, then you go covert, also, just hitting attack over and over again isnt what you're supposed to do...that actually does nuthin but initiate combat, using specials for your weapons is what you're supposed to do, also, different made weapons have different attack speeds...the starter shit is always gunna suck, look at every mmog...also if you get a smuggler to slice your weapon, he can cut down the attack speed or increase the dmg...

honestly, you guys in NC all have the same perspective on swg...and it's mostly becuz you believe what you hear from the people that didnt take the time to truly play it and learn the system...instead gave up and said 'fuck this, it sucks'...

i gave that game 15 days. so dont give me that 5 minute bullshit.

i know all about the side's and everything, if it wasnt so much of a pain in the ass to do it woulda been better.

and yes. THE PVP SYSTEM BLOWS in SWG

gostly
20-10-03, 05:32
i gave that game 15 days. so dont give me that 5 minute bullshit.

i know all about the side's and everything, if it wasnt so much of a pain in the ass to do it woulda been better.

and yes. THE PVP SYSTEM BLOWS in SWG

oh shut up...i know others from nc that would also exagerate in the same way you just did...their's no way you played every day for those 15 days...you wouldve learned more about the game...especially since 'grouping to kill frogs' i mean comeon, that's a huge exageration, and bunnies, jesus christ, you can kill the hardest bunny in swg with the most health just starting out in the game...if you knew anything, you wouldve known that bunnies are prolly the easiest thing to kill since they're extremly slow...but whatever...

im done posting in this thread, gunna goto sleep...since all of you are one-sided and it would be dumb to continue any further on, at explaining anything

KidWithStick
20-10-03, 05:34
oh shut up...i know others from nc that would also exagerate in the same way you just did...their's no way you played every day for those 15 days...you wouldve learned more about the game...especially since 'grouping to kill frogs' i mean comeon, that's a huge exageration, and bunnies, jesus christ, you can kill the hardest bunny in swg with the most health just starting out in the game...if you knew anything, you wouldve known that bunnies are prolly the easiest thing to kill since they're extremly slow...but whatever...

im done posting in this thread, gunna goto sleep...since all of you are one-sided and it would be dumb to continue any further on, at explaining anything

ok...10 days...but still i gave it a fair chance. theres no way i would pay for that crap

NS_CHROME54
20-10-03, 05:35
i'm biased. so sue me.

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 06:59
My opinion:

SWG will be a hell of a good MMORPG in a year when the game fleshes out and the Space Expansion comes out.

Lanigav
20-10-03, 07:21
I played SWG for about a month and I really wanted to like it, but I simply couldn't because the game played like a giant, incredibly boring timesink, ESPECIALLY if you're a tradeskiller.

The whole point of games are to be fun. SWG lacks that big time.

Sharkey
20-10-03, 07:21
What really makes me wonder is why GHOSTLY who is so incredibly wrapped in SWG that it can kick him in the teeth and he will say thank you,
anyway,
what is he doing on NC?
He says NC sucks and SWG is so great, so in order to come on this NC forum he still has to be subscribed

I for one played SWG from the minute it came out and am a Master Bounty Hunter and I still say NC is a hundred times better and more entertaining than SWG. Needless to say, I am back on NC.

Also what he is saying about the Devs wondering why nobody is a Jedi yet after the game has been going for so longetc. or some convoluted stuff ghostly is talking about, ghostly do you know what you are talking about? or just waffling on]
If the devs did not know how to become a jedi how were the players supposed to know...........doh

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 07:26
I for one played SWG from the minute it came out and am a Master Bounty Hunter and I still say NC is a hundred times better and more entertaining than SWG. Needless to say, I am back on NC.

Same here.

Edit: Although it was funny seeing people whine when you just do Bleeding Shot/Eye Shot or Confusion Shot/Fire KD and just spam it with Master Doctor buffs and an AT-ST out. :D

Sharkey
20-10-03, 07:36
hey Vid
:D

they had to nerf it, didn't they

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 07:44
I know they nerfed KD attacks by putting a timer. Did they nerf the Bleeding Shot/Eye Shot combo, too?

I hear Commando's are now God-like. lmao

Sharkey
20-10-03, 07:49
Commandos are the gods now. They need about half of the xp that BH do but can wipe out the AT ST so nobody wants to use them any more, viz they are basically useless

CerealKiller
20-10-03, 07:50
There's another problem I have with this game..... there are 2 classes that can insta kill in a duel. The Jedi can withstand that blast but every other class can't. How's that for PvP?

juvestar15
20-10-03, 07:56
I saw one Commando do 6000dmg to an AT-ST with an Acid Rifle.

The funniest thing i saw was these 2 guys dueling. One guy was so cocky, and initially he won. But he didn't know the type of the gun the enemy used on him. About 20 seconds after winning the duel, he exploded into flames. :lol:
Uber gun. :cool:

20-10-03, 08:42
I have to laugh at threads like these, most days of the week you guys are slamming KK for one thing or another yet you all rally round like a bunch or rabid fanboys to slam the Microsoft of the MMORPG world - SWG.

Just goes to prove dont expect a rational thread on a MMORPG on a different MMORPGs boards

Jedis were not/are not supposed to be common in the games timeframe - this aint Jedi Galaxies, if Jedi is where youre at you should be playing KOTOR or Jedi Academy

It was only a matter of time before someone slammed SWG PvP system, which is....on yeah pretty much like every MMORPG _except_ Neocron - please try and remember that there are lots of people who dont do PvP (not many left in NC though thanks to the PKs) and lots of people that do who prefer the so-called 'Turn Based' system - opinions vary, youre entitled to yours but that doesnt make anyone elses less valid.

Its interesting to read Kids story about first playing SWG - I can hear the same story coming from any Neocron newbie especially while in MC5. To be fair though if you want to like the game you'll stick though the learning curve, and if youre not fussed you'll use it as an excuse to quit and bitch - which camp did you fall into?

You want SWG to fail because you want to feel better about not playing it/playing NC instead. Bear in mind that SWG has been out what 4 months now while NC is at the year point IIRC, bear this in mind when comparing the 2 games, but either way you'll find that this either reflects well on SOE or badly on KK

Sharkey
20-10-03, 08:49
I gave SWG a very fair chance, I WANTED to like that game. I love the graphics. I am not really very PvP minded either. I even took annual leave to concentrate on that game.

Fact is that after four months there really is nothing to do.

Back to NCand after one year there are still things to do. OK I'll bitch about NC at times, nothing is perfect. But I have both games, have played both games and I believe NC is the better game

So where else do we Neocronians go to to express that. We are back here and are of the same 'club'. What would be the point to go on SWG forum and saying we love NC more. PPl would just say 'then go back to NC, what are you doing on this forum'

Just like I am saying to you, if you like SWG so much what are you doing on NC forum?

20-10-03, 09:10
I gave SWG a very fair chance, I WANTED to like that game. I love the graphics. I am not really very PvP minded either. I even took annual leave to concentrate on that game.

Back to NCand after one year there are still things to do. OK I'll bitch about NC at times, nothing is perfect. But I have both games, have played both games and I believe NC is the better game

So where else do we Neocronians go to to express that. We are back here and are of the same 'club'. What would be the point to go on SWG forum and saying we love NC more. PPl would just say 'then go back to NC, what are you doing on this forum'

Just like I am saying to you, if you like SWG so much what are you doing on NC forum?

Well I'm here because I still play NC

I guess the point I was trying to make was that it is pointless to discuss a MMORPG on a different games boards, pretty much all the people there are going to dislike it (and therefore agree with you if you are slamming it) you wont be able to have a reasoned discussion so I guess you only do it if you want to have a post where lots of people agree with you (and you can feel good about yourself)

OTIS
20-10-03, 09:33

This is so true because i was the same way when SWG came out...i swore to myself that i would never touch the fuckin game because it looked dumb the pvp seemed dumb and everything else...i played on my friends account for 4 hrs one night and now i'm as addicted as i was when i first started NC. Why you ask? Because its actually worthwhile...i almost shat myself when i started my own account and i patched completely up to date in a few mins...then getting several patches within a few days to fix random things...now that right there is worth the $15 a month...not to mention the fact taht a pwn expansion is going to come out...did you notice i said ITS GOING TO COME OUT. Yes thats right think about it SOE(keyword being Sony) seems alot more promising than KK does with there expansion. DOY...where the fuck is it? But i'm glad i dont give a shit anymore. And another thing pvp is the ONLY thing you can do in NC once your capped...sure u can lom your spy down and res or cst but thats no fun. And i'm even bored with my uncapped ppu...its like i'm invincible. There is alot more to do in SWG and you dont like that yet you want more for NC...that seems fucked up to me. But think about DOY for a sec...its not coming out...why cant you all realize that...i mean if it were dont u think they would release screen shots or something? If you dont think i make sense then fuck you cuz its 2:20 am and i'm just up getting a drink of water...and prolly to cancel my NC account. I think you all just need to think outside this NC box cuz i did it for so long and i'm so glad i got out of it. And btw i'm not trying to get NC people to go SWG it can survive w/o you.

Lenard
20-10-03, 09:43
What ever happened to Jedi school

Lareolan
20-10-03, 09:57
I'm not even going to bother reading all the replies to this thread but I read the initial couple of posts and my god, you guys are just unifnormed spammers. You compare NC to SWG and you think SWG is bad because it GIVES players who want something very very very rare something to do? Hell, in NC what exactly do you have to do? The game is stagnant, practically dead. SWG has a lot of promise, great graphics and system. A LOT less bugs than NC already and the game has only been out for a few months. (I have a bunch of friends who play SWG now and they never even heard of anyone getting an FRE. Compare that to 1 every time you try to use the terminal or at random every 30 minutes at times in Neocron. Yeah, Neocron is better.) Man you fanboys get on my nerves! I never even played SWG, I only read the BAD things people say about it and it still seems to be the better game all around. Now, you don't HAVE to get rid of all your skills and pick a new profession to master. But if you want to become a Jedi, you might chose to. You hear that? CHOICE! When did NC give you that?! The tradeskill system is solid. You can play the game, be rich, cap skills and abilities, own (yes OWN) actual buildings, factories whatever. (Soon even whole cities!) And you can do all that without ever killing a single beastie if you chose to! Or you can only go out and hunt beasties if you chose to. Or you can just do missions (Which don't ALL suck and aren't ALL totally worthless once you're above level 10 like in Neocron, not to mention that no one even does any missions that aren't "kill 5 of beasties" in Neocron.) how is that a bad thing? GOD! I know this is flaming, and it breaks forum rules and all, but when people post total and utter BS like this for no fucking reason what-so-ever it gets me fucking pissed off!

Going away now hoping I'll just get edited, not banned....

* Lareolan goes off to take a cool shower and to calm down

OTIS
20-10-03, 10:03
I'm not even going to bother reading all the replies to this thread but I read the initial couple of posts and my god, you guys are just unifnormed spammers. You compare NC to SWG and you think SWG is bad because it GIVES players who want something very very very rare something to do? Hell, in NC what exactly do you have to do? The game is stagnant, practically dead. SWG has a lot of promise, great graphics and system. A LOT less bugs than NC already and the game has only been out for a few months. (I have a bunch of friends who play SWG now and they never even heard of anyone getting an FRE. Compare that to 1 every time you try to use the terminal or at random every 30 minutes at times in Neocron. Yeah, Neocron is better.) Man you fanboys get on my nerves! I never even played SWG, I only read the BAD things people say about it and it still seems to be the better game all around. Now, you don't HAVE to get rid of all your skills and pick a new profession to master. But if you want to become a Jedi, you might chose to. You hear that? CHOICE! When did NC give you that?! The tradeskill system is solid. You can play the game, be rich, cap skills and abilities, own (yes OWN) actual buildings, factories whatever. (Soon even whole cities!) And you can do all that without ever killing a single beastie if you chose to! Or you can only go out and hunt beasties if you chose to. Or you can just do missions (Which don't ALL suck and aren't ALL totally worthless once you're above level 10 like in Neocron, not to mention that no one even does any missions that aren't "kill 5 of beasties" in Neocron.) how is that a bad thing? GOD! I know this is flaming, and it breaks forum rules and all, but when people post total and utter BS like this for no fucking reason what-so-ever it gets me fucking pissed off!

Preach on brutha!!:lol: These people dont know what they are missing:D

OTIS
20-10-03, 10:14
Go cream your pants!! (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/player_mounts.jsp)

watch the vid at the bottom and yes its actual gameplay graphics:D

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:35

I think Sony just released like 100 new badges people can obtain. I'm not sure if you're into collecting badges, but that's definetly something you can strive for.

My guild (TIO on StarSider) actually had custom awards we could put in our sig on the OOG forums, made it kinda fun actually. :)

Clothing_Option
20-10-03, 21:10
Hey on Gamespy they did a 3months after launch review of progress of the game (last week) of SWG and basically said the game sucked. The review was so negative they took it down and replaced it with player reviews. LOL

Lareolan
20-10-03, 21:18
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
Hey on Gamespy they did a 3months after launch review of progress of the game (last week) of SWG and basically said the game sucked. The review was so negative they took it down and replaced it with player reviews. LOL

And you want to know something funny? Reading that "bad" review I still wanted to play the "horrible" game that was described there. I mean, god, the guy was like upset that patches weren't coming very frequently because the last patch was a whole 4 days ago! (He obviously never heard of Neocron). Hehe.

Clothing_Option
20-10-03, 22:45
Originally posted by Lareolan
And you want to know something funny? Reading that "bad" review I still wanted to play the "horrible" game that was described there. I mean, god, the guy was like upset that patches weren't coming very frequently because the last patch was a whole 4 days ago! (He obviously never heard of Neocron). Hehe.

The point is they took it down. If they (SONY $$$$$) didnt have anything to hide the publisher wouldnt have done it

Lareolan
21-10-03, 00:30
Originally posted by Clothing_Option
The point is they took it down. If they (SONY $$$$$) didnt have anything to hide the publisher wouldnt have done it

That's probably because SONY doesn't know that they have competitors that are so much worse that all the bad things with their game look like a godsend :p

Clothing_Option
21-10-03, 00:33
That's probably because SONY doesn't know that they have competitors that are so much worse that all the bad things with their game look like a godsend :p

PRE EDITED IN ADVANCE FOR SPAMING AND FLAMING
" ROFL "
Go live then in a galaxie far far away.

Lanigav
21-10-03, 00:55

Well, just in case you play it and end up not liking it, I recommend using a friend's copy/account first before you blow $65 on the software and the first month's fee.

My friend kicked himself in the ass for buying not one, but two copies of the game so he could have multiple accounts and have a friend (me or another friend of ours) play with him, only to find out the game just horribly boring, imbalanced, and tedious to the extreme. And he plays and enjoys EQ too, so that says something as to just how bad SWG is when it comes to timesinks, balance, and fun.

I do honestly hope that the game will get better with time, and it probably will since its only been out 3 months. As it is now....blech.

Kl0wn
21-10-03, 01:08
all here bragging how nice NC is ... NC is dead , server continu and patch come once per year ... no publicity, no light coming on us with DOY or HACKNET ... all good idea .. nothing has made it yet. And the lag is going down has the player.

If they was so good , why does nobody bought them

Another thing , SWG has just push something nice in front of people. Get a friend or a guild to hunt for you part , once you jump into the game you could unlock you jedi after 2-3 month of casual play. The cube make it fast. For now its shitty , everyone run for it and complain cause they don't want to start from scratch and for once they don't have everything given right in their mouth.

SWG disaster , give it some time , soon those holocron gonna go for less than 20$ on ebay (like those NC player who bought the 1million dollar deal)

SWG has the most screaming and complaining community cause their all Fanboy hoping to become there hero , 275000 of them hope just that and can't get it fast enough!!!

SWG has the money to run the machine, for once ill follow who got the cash cause they got my cash !!!

Whiety Bulger
21-10-03, 01:12
SWG doesn't have appeal to hardcore gamer types. It is attractive as a glorified chat room for star wars fans who have never played a MMORPG.

Lanigav
21-10-03, 01:19
Patches come roughly once a month now and they add worthwhile content and bug fixes (which isn't to say there isn't a giant buttload of content and bug fixes that we really need ASAP, but I digress), so it isn't so much about the frequency as it is the quality of the patches.

NC is not dead. If it were, KK wouldn't be actively trying to find a new publisher, and server population would be at an all-time low (its not what it used to be back in the day, but there's still plenty of people and the player count on servers is fairly stable).

Get a friend or a guild to hunt for you part , once you jump into the game you could unlock you jedi after 2-3 month of casual play.

Do you honestly think casual players are going to drudge around doing boring combat and tradeskilling for 2-3 months solely based on the hope of getting to play a Jedi? Only the most hardcore of the hardcore are going to do that. Smart people will just cancel their accounts until someone finally figures out how to do it, and judging from what Sony and the fanbase has said, becoming a Jedi will be a long and arduious process that only hardcore players will bother with.

And if you actually pay real money for fake game items, then you have some serious issues.

Lareolan
21-10-03, 01:23
Originally posted by Lanigav
Well, just in case you play it and end up not liking it, I recommend using a friend's copy/account first before you blow $65 on the software and the first month's fee.

My friend kicked himself in the ass for buying not one, but two copies of the game so he could have multiple accounts and have a friend (me or another friend of ours) play with him, only to find out the game just horribly boring, imbalanced, and tedious to the extreme. And he plays and enjoys EQ too, so that says something as to just how bad SWG is when it comes to timesinks, balance, and fun.

I do honestly hope that the game will get better with time, and it probably will since its only been out 3 months. As it is now....blech.

Valid point. However I do have plenty of friends who play MMORPGs and they really enjoy it. They told me a whole lot of cool stuff that I would find quite fun. I'm not saying it's perfect, but you have to remember that SOE actually has funding to fix bugs and they are fixing them, not ignoring them. They also keep adding new content all the time. Unfortunately until I upgrade my system, I won't be able to play the game :(
You also have to remember that Neocron has a core of maybe 2000 players left now. Star Wars has millions of fans world-wide and at least 1/2 a million of those fans are playing the game. Therefore it is under a lot more scrutiny than any other product out there, so I'm actually surprised that the opinions on the game are not even more radically negative. I mean, no one can ever match public expectations, it's simply impossible. :)

Lanigav
21-10-03, 01:32
It was kind of similar for me. I had two friends who were in beta and were telling me how great it was, and then I played it and puked a little.

The core problem with the game is something that you really can't fix with a patch. The fundamentals of gameplay are just boring and tedious, even for a turn-based system. Constructing items is practically a roller coaster of excitement in NC compared to constructing stuff in SWG. Unless they somehow revamp it to make it more fun and exciting in a future expansion, I don't see many players who didn't enjoy it returning for another go around.

And yeah, they are under a lot of scrutiny, moreso than NC probably ever will be, but I still think they should've taken another month of beta or two and at least made all the classes playable and somewhat balanced before launching it. I've also been keeping up on the patchnotes and they haven't really done so much in the time they've had that's all that extraordinary either.

Lareolan
21-10-03, 01:36

Do you honestly think casual players are going to drudge around doing boring combat and tradeskilling for 2-3 months solely based on the hope of getting to play a Jedi? Only the most hardcore of the hardcore are going to do that. Smart people will just cancel their accounts until someone finally figures out how to do it, and judging from what Sony and the fanbase has said, becoming a Jedi will be a long and arduious process that only hardcore players will bother with.

Well, you forget the whole point... SWG is an MMORPG. Being a Jedi is a nice perk, but it's not the sole purpose of the game. That's just another, albeit important, goal for some people to strive for. And casual players can still become Jedis as the rule to unlock the force sensitive slot is random, hence you can strive for it and work hard for it and you probably will be rewarded with it eventually (After much hardship), but that doesn't mean someone who just happened to, by pure chance, be in the right place at the right time with the right skills and abilities. And if I do play it, I wouldn't really care about being a Jedi, all I want is to be a business owner or more.... Heck, with the introduction of player cities you could run your own city! And later once space expansion comes out, who knows what you could own if you can afford it and work hard for it. :P

Whiety Bulger
21-10-03, 01:37
Release SWG in Korea you will have a army of jedi in 3 hours flat.

Kl0wn
21-10-03, 01:41
And if you actually pay real money for fake game items, then you have some serious issues.

great, did you realise you paid for Fake game items, you pays for neocron , you don't own it , you need to pay to play it.

What the difference between a game with a month subscription and 20 bucks spend to lvl you char faster ???

And for your information, if i pays 20bucks for a holocron cube and unlock a jedi , do you know how much this char gonna be on sale for ???

Right now cube are 150$ bucks , that would be a case of "serious issues". 20$ isnt one , your doing it each month to play NC to get what ... i guess we could call it pleasure , well if that cube give me pleasure then my money would be well spent.

Patch every month ... hehe ... ive didnt play for one week , i had 3 patch to download. New story each month (with badge to prove you followed it). Battle field to fight on it.

Many rebel defend Starport on the planet they own ,there war to stop imp/rebel to travel , like in NC. Game has content, you just need to make your way toward it in SWG, nobody force you to PVP or to RP , you decide (And no stupid chip)

@lanigav : well , i have my part of fun building stuff ,sometime even happen and i know im gonna make something incredible, not always the same stats, hunt for GOOD ressources are always good!. You may have the skill, but if you don't how the best ressources , you can't build the best gun .. not a random system !!

Lanigav
21-10-03, 01:42
Well, regarding the Jedi, a lot of people got the game just so they could become Jedi and dispense the whoop arse, even if it took a good amount of work to do.

The thing is, there's no way to even figure out how to do it. That's assuming they're even implimented, so it may very well be that people are just doing a wild goose chase for nothing. They need to offer some sort of proof that they are in fact implimented and waiting to be unlocked.

Release SWG in Korea you will have a army of jedi in 3 hours flat

:lol:

great, did you realise you paid for Fake game items, you pays for neocron , you don't own it , you need to pay to play it.

What the difference between a game with a month subscription and 20 bucks spend to lvl you char faster ???

We pay a monthly fee to help support KK and keep this game up and running, while making sure they can feed themselves at least once a day. Not to line the pockets of some pasty faced geek who has way too much time on his hands.

And its bad enough to blow $20 on a fake item, but $150?!! Sorry, but that's an extreme waste of money. Sure it may give you "pleasure", but a few months from now that cube will likely be worth jack squat, effectivelly wasting your money even moreso than before. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I'd much rather spend $150 on a nice night out with a girl, or hell, 3 more video games than the "Cube of Somewhat Jedi Findingness."

Kl0wn
21-10-03, 01:43

its an hint ,once you char is created , you already have that path preset. The cube just tell you what next is to do

Sharkey
21-10-03, 08:31
What has not been mentioned is that players in Japan for instance and Australia etc have their prime gaming time interrupted

every single day

when the servers go offline at 9.00p.m. our time and stay out for about 2 or more hours. LOL

Just because Sony have money is not a motivator for me, I take my hat off to NC Devs for creating NC on their budget in comparison to SWG on their huge budget

And player number, the problem has simply been that the game NC was not promoted well enough, once an expansion comes out with a new promoter THIS GAME WILL OWN

In the long run, I do believe that NC would win hands down

(I think Sony are too busy preparing EQ to be ready on time than to worry about a game where they have to share, just my opinion so I hope I don't get sued)

21-10-03, 08:39
For starters until the holocron thing is proved to be accurate I'll treat it as another player theory (albeit the one that holds the most water to date)

SWG is great for casual players....

Why?

Because they game doesnt force anything on you

If you want to do nothing for 2 hours but hang in a cantina you can do that and do it safe in the knowledge that your not holding your character back by doing it.

Your not forced to mission, or PvP, or even PvM you can do as much or as little as you like.

The reason people have a problem with SWG (saying its either too big or too boreing) is they are of the single player game mentality and require the game to spoon feed them content (or at least give them very clearly defined goals). If you find it hard to define your own destiny/goals you will have problems playing SWG.

MMORPG devs will _never_ be able to put in enough unique content to keep the players happy - some people will always have soo much time to throw at a game they will do everything in short order (if thats how they play) and be back asking for more before some people have even patched.

These people really should go back to playing offline games or seriously re-evaluate why they are playing an online game (and if PvP is the answer your better catered to by an FPS)

This would give the devs time to add more world enhancing features (such as the up coming player cities) that give people loads to do - you just have to look under the lid rather than for the big arrow that says 'content this way'

People complain about SWG balance, and their right. But I'll just offer this. A year down the line and people are still bitching about NC balance (mainly PPU right now) and NC only has 4 classes, SWG have a far greater number of classes and of course you can be combinations of multiple classes - of course its going to have balance issues (news flash - only been out 4 months!).

Sharkey
21-10-03, 08:49
Neocron has 'only' four classes (actually five if you count PPU and APU which are different) BUT each class is so distinctly different that when you start another char it is a whole new experience

In SWG you can play whatever char you want, it is basically the same thing, you start out as a scout or marksman every time, all classes basically do the same old thing from the beginning with the same techniques, it is like playing the same char

as for being served things on a 'platter'
NC is not serving anything on a platter either, so why is NC not boring after a year and SWG is after three months?

All this talk about 'you make your own story' is such crap. You pay a fee not for getting pretty pictures and then try to find something to do!

21-10-03, 09:07
Neocron has 'only' four classes (actually five if you count PPU and APU which are different) BUT each class is so distinctly different that when you start another char it is a whole new experience

In SWG you can play whatever char you want, it is basically the same thing, you start out as a scout or marksman every time, all classes basically do the same old thing from the beginning with the same techniques, it is like playing the same char

as for being served things on a 'platter'
NC is not serving anything on a platter either, so why is NC not boring after a year and SWG is after three months?

All this talk about 'you make your own story' is such crap. You pay a fee not for getting pretty pictures and then try to find something to do!

Have you ever gone beyond brawler or marksman? It would appear not because the skills radically change the character after than mark (go ask how hard comandoes are)

Serious if I wanted content I'd save my money and pay a one off fee for a single player game that catered just for me and constantly gave me something to do (even if it was a free form game like Elite).

You pay a fee for server upkeep, bandwidth, support, bug fixes AND new content (and thats game world content as well as spoon fed content). If you expect your monthly fee to provide you with the electronic equivalent of your own GM there to set you tasks dish out rewards and tell you where to go next then yes you are guaranteed to be disapointed!

NeoChick
21-10-03, 09:46
I did not write this thread to have a great big argument.

All I am doing is informing NC population of something that happened in SWG because as I know, we do get dissatisfied with what we 've got and bitch about NC a lot, but most of us stay.
Now just to remind ppl of how good we've really got it with NC, I wrote the thread.

It is for ppl on Nc, not SWG fans who visit here (apparently unable to tear themselves away from the very game they criticise) to pick apart threads and flame

21-10-03, 15:30
I did not write this thread to have a great big argument.

All I am doing is informing NC population of something that happened in SWG because as I know, we do get dissatisfied with what we 've got and bitch about NC a lot, but most of us stay.
Now just to remind ppl of how good we've really got it with NC, I wrote the thread.

It is for ppl on Nc, not SWG fans who visit here (apparently unable to tear themselves away from the very game they criticise) to pick apart threads and flame

Hmm if players are playing both games (i.e. are still here) like myself for example then your benevolent permission still allows them to pick apart the info (even if it turns in SWG's favour) so thats a moot point

To be honest I can only really see your original thread as a troll. You posted some controvertial info and stepped back to watch the fireworks.

NC diehards will always love to hate SWG because its so many things that NC isnt (and these things dont even have to have anything to do with the game) and people will always be quick to point out when info is inaccurate. Peoples opinion varies and on a subject like this theres going to be very common ground - bottom line no good was really ever going to come of this thread.

Personally if NC players are bothered about whats going on in SWG then there are plenty of ways for them to find out themselves (and I'd suggest if they are that inclined then they probably arent an NC diehard), the only people who were going to agree/like your post were such that you could have just said that you thought SWG sucked and waited for the posts of agreement to flood in.

I doubt your true intention was to ever discuss your info and I'm sorry youre not happy that this happened

Scikar
21-10-03, 15:34
Or maybe NC diehards will love to hate SW:G because they don't like it?

Kl0wn
21-10-03, 16:02
What people love about NC, you can run , see a someone and kill him. WOOHOO you had your fun on someone else back (happened to me alot when lvling in NC. Damn i hated that)

in SWG its more respectful, you can't run around and shoot everything that you like. Some childish player will always cry for that has a lack of content ... the Duel thing please me , until i chose a faction or enter a battlefield , im safe. Once i get a faction , i can stay covert to walk around without problem.

@laniglav, Read a bit more my post , 150$ is totaly crazy , 20$ is near nothing to me, so instead of some restaurant fast food , ill put effort to cook myself and i will pay a cube. In 2month its gonna worth near nothing and people will stop the camping so i may be able to get one.

The cube thing has been confirmed by the DEV. Its just a hint. You don't need it , if you find your right combinaison of master then you become a jedi. People didnt realise that and now their piss off that SWG dev give them a way to get a hint.

Shakari
21-10-03, 16:33

As far as i can find out this is just a Hint from a dev, it MAY help towards Having a Force Sensitive slot but it far from certain from the SWG comunity forum posts...

And does having this extra slot mean so much....? if it does yeah u should have to sacrifice a lot for it and hey once u have it u can go back to what you were doing, it ain't that hard and onlt takes time :D

Shakari
21-10-03, 16:37
Originally posted by 5150
Hmm if players are playing both games (i.e. are still here) like myself for example then your benevolent permission still allows them to pick apart the info (even if it turns in SWG's favour) so thats a moot point

To be honest I can only really see your original thread as a troll. You posted some controvertial info and stepped back to watch the fireworks.

NC diehards will always love to hate SWG because its so many things that NC isnt (and these things dont even have to have anything to do with the game) and people will always be quick to point out when info is inaccurate. Peoples opinion varies and on a subject like this theres going to be very common ground - bottom line no good was really ever going to come of this thread.

Personally if NC players are bothered about whats going on in SWG then there are plenty of ways for them to find out themselves (and I'd suggest if they are that inclined then they probably arent an NC diehard), the only people who were going to agree/like your post were such that you could have just said that you thought SWG sucked and waited for the posts of agreement to flood in.

I doubt your true intention was to ever discuss your info and I'm sorry youre not happy that this happened

yeah i kinda agree I play both NC ans SWG and am addicted to both, they both have the good side but the do both have there problems

ezza
21-10-03, 16:57
Originally posted by Scikar
Or maybe NC diehards will love to hate SW:G because they don't like it?

lol dont talk rubbish:p

Lareolan
22-10-03, 06:47

That was only half the problem. The other half is that the thread starter did nothing but present heavily biased half truths and outright lies further reinforced by the sad NC fanboy community. Misinformation and lies are never a good thing. If you don't like a game, fine, not everyone has to like every game. But don't be so pathetic as to lie about facts and twist facts so as to sway public opinion in your favor. That is just pathetic! (Talk about a fragile ego.)

Sharkey
22-10-03, 08:03

The above last few replies sound so benevolent and poisonous and agressive that the whole thread must have hit a really really sore spot, why is that?

As for me, I am truly not misinformed and believe the threadstarted was not exactly telling lies at all. Most of the replies agreed that it is truly the state of affairs at SWG.

I played SWG day and night at least for as long as you have, and maxed out BH which requires a lot more xp than commando. So I know what I am talking about.

So you play both games, how is that for lukewarm. If I really love a game I want to play it all the time because it is my favourite game of the moment. I may play others in between but they are second choice, the first choice is always the main game.

But then, there are people who claim to be 'in love' with two people at the same time as well, and it always turns out that they really were only in love with themselves.

OK so you think SWG is so phantastic. You made your point.
Neochick stated her point. So what are you on about, have you got nothing better to do? Go play your two games.........heck

deac
22-10-03, 08:58
I moved with my clan to swg(neochick came with us)... we started out lvling... we even had an old 3 year enemy clan there to fight...

I really wanted swg to be a game we could play for a long time...

It looked good, I had my friends there, We had our enemy.... We lvled and recruited a lot of ppl.

We where rdy for the mother of all battles....

Now things started to go wrong...

Enemy clans just bitched to us, didnt declear war with us, couldnt fight em. Soo we lvled some more....(slow and boring)

Then the commado and BH patch came.... one shot kills (weee i would have loved a ppu ;P)

Swg pvp = bullshit....

and lets face it... pvp is the end game in a mmog :\

22-10-03, 10:17

The above last few replies sound so benevolent and poisonous and agressive that the whole thread must have hit a really really sore spot, why is that?

As for me, I am truly not misinformed and believe the threadstarted was not exactly telling lies at all. Most of the replies agreed that it is truly the state of affairs at SWG.

I played SWG day and night at least for as long as you have, and maxed out BH which requires a lot more xp than commando. So I know what I am talking about.

So you play both games, how is that for lukewarm. If I really love a game I want to play it all the time because it is my favourite game of the moment. I may play others in between but they are second choice, the first choice is always the main game.

But then, there are people who claim to be 'in love' with two people at the same time as well, and it always turns out that they really were only in love with themselves.

OK so you think SWG is so phantastic. You made your point.
Neochick stated her point. So what are you on about, have you got nothing better to do? Go play your two games.........heck

The sore point (as you put it) is that people around here seem only interested in posting stuff that they hope/know will get aload of 'me too' replies. There isnt any point discussing a different game here (or on any other game forum) because youre never going to get a rational reasoned debate - what irks me is that NeoChick then tried to calmly walk back in and say it wasnt here intention - sorry dont buy that for a second that just trying to avoid the responsibility for the thread (which she then goes on to imply you need permission (i.e. be a NC diehard) to participate in)

Neochick posted info, others corrected it. Everyone gave their opinion, nuff said job done. Dont make out shes the victim here because she started the ball rolling.

If personally you cant see how you can play 2 games then I cant help that, its possible, I do it so you'll just have to take my word for it

Deac - if PvP is always the end game, then SWG _will_ leave you dispointed, in case you werent paying attention PvP doenst have to even be part of the game at all (depending on how you chose to play it) - but I'll just refer you back to my comments about NC not be balanced after a year and SWG being out 4 months and having lots more combinations of combat capable players (i.e. much harder to balance)

deac
22-10-03, 10:51
what point is there to max a combat class if not for pvp? to get to do even more hunting? yay such fun...

and about balance... ffs one hit kills, even KK understands that this is a nono

Nasher
22-10-03, 16:54
Actually there are some 1 shot kills in NC, like if you manage to catch a low to mid level spy off guard, sneek up behind him with a CS and shoot about 2 inches from his head :p

ezza
22-10-03, 17:04
technically as thats a burst weapon it dont count as one shot;)

Kl0wn
22-10-03, 17:51
@deac: in swg my fun are to go into the deepest place of the planet to find the weirdest pet possible

or try to find the right combinaison to take a pack of fambaa down

PVP in swg isnt is strong point , better weapon with simple knockdown tech will do the jobs .. that why most use pet or AT-ST

ServeX
22-10-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I think Sony just released like 100 new badges people can obtain. I'm not sure if you're into collecting badges, but that's definetly something you can strive for.

My guild (TIO on StarSider) actually had custom awards we could put in our sig on the OOG forums, made it kinda fun actually. :)
thats cool dude, I play on Starsider also - name is Aaryn Core in SWG b/c Serve was taken. message me sometime and we can play...I'm also imperial btw, but I think I'm going to be joining Sturmgrenadier in SWG.

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:28
SERVE U BITCH COME BAK ON SATURN AND GIVE MY MOVEON BAK

Dont Mess
22-10-03, 21:30
ehh shit sorry bout that went me was some1 else

Sharkey
23-10-03, 00:55
Neocron is unique of ANY game in that it has GREAT PvP as well as plenty of opportunities for roleplaying.

SWG is a carebear game. People can do dress up, sit around the canteena, play with their pets
They can also abuse and harrass anybody safe in the knowledge that nobody can 'hurt' them unless they accept to duel
Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to blast the person that puts crap or windmills at the front door of your house and then sits there and says 'so what are you going to do about it'
In NC you have to be responsible for your actions

Kl0wn
23-10-03, 03:10
Neocron is unique of ANY game in that it has GREAT PvP as well as plenty of opportunities for roleplaying.

SWG is a carebear game. People can do dress up, sit around the canteena, play with their pets
They can also abuse and harrass anybody safe in the knowledge that nobody can 'hurt' them unless they accept to duel
Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to blast the person that puts crap or windmills at the front door of your house and then sits there and says 'so what are you going to do about it'

violence, violence , violence ...

SWG helped me learn that you better not care of someone insulting you, most are wimp and once the duel is send you can laugh at him not answering it.

Everybody like to slap (/me slaps ) my Giant Veermok (King kong like gorrila), once i duel them .. they just run away. So im the one laughing at them , and if they can beat me with their word and with their fist , then ill respect them more.

in NC .. yeah revenge ... people just trash other in Neocron, not in the outzone... big revenge .. woohoo

Whiety Bulger
23-10-03, 04:50
Old skool UP is more harcore then NC

23-10-03, 10:57

I bet you hated it when all the kids called you names at School as well didnt you?

SWG has an ignore command you know.......

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people get rilled up and need some kind of revenge function. While I'll admit that smack talking is a problem in NC (mainly because there is no ignore fucntion) you are going to get idiots in every game and your not going to be able to always extract some kind of bloodthirsty vengence for it (if they have their LE chip in for example).

SWG gives the player a way to deal with this problem regardless (ignore function) but both games have the problem, this doesnt make SWG any more 'carebear' as you put it.

deac
23-10-03, 15:26
(mainly because there is no ignore fucntion)

Rawr there is a ingnore function in nc atleast it used to be N00B :P

ps. wish they would remove the safe zones in nc :D then you could come blast me

23-10-03, 17:25
Originally posted by deac
Rawr there is a ingnore function in nc atleast it used to be N00B :P

ps. wish they would remove the safe zones in nc :D then you could come blast me

We'll since I have a pretty thick skin I've never needed to go looking for it (and since others complain so bitterly about this its easy to assume NC doesnt have one)

Thanks for pointing it out though, it only goes further to undermine the position of those who get irked by ascii characters on a screen (i.e. they cant just ignore the children and they are too stupid to find/use the ignore function)

Whiety Bulger
23-10-03, 23:34
Hehe i ment UO

Shockwave
23-10-03, 23:38
Good god, why does everyone assume that all MMORPGs are purely large-scale PvP arenas? SWG was designed as a roleplaying game, with an option to allow PvP if people really wanted. It is NOT a PvP-centric game! If you want that sort of thing go play one of the hundreds of multi-player online shooters, like CS or PS!
Sheesh! :rolleyes: ;)