PDA

View Full Version : The color of money in Neocron

sparrowtm
19-10-03, 10:47
Aloha,

in the German forum, threads are opened about how worthless money has become in NC. On Jupiter, unresearched rare parts are traded for 170k to 1 million credits per part - Marine CPU's are sold for 15 million, etc.
As a result, people start refusing money as offers for items, and search for alternative currencies.

How is the situation on the other servers ? As far progressed as on Jupiter ? Or still somewhere in between ?

/edit: switched from "color" to "colour" :p

Lethys
19-10-03, 10:55
15 million for a Marine? o_O

On Pluto you'd probably be lucky to get 1 million for one (perhaps something to do with the fact that hardly anyone wants to play a tank anymore, but that's another matter)

Money is still useful on Pluto. The only time when money isn't usually accepted is when MC5s are being traded.

Breschau
19-10-03, 11:02
I dunno if it's still the case with drop rates being improved a bit (and cos I'm not currently playing ;p), but there was certainly a time where you'd almost never get cash for a (useful) rare part on Pluto as people were only willing to trade it for another (useful) rare part.

People could always make more money, but making another Cursed Soul Add. Tech was another matter (or finding one to spend their new-found money on, as the case may be).

Q`alooaith
19-10-03, 11:04
Saturn, it's just as bad if not worse, CS part's reaching 750K or more, HL and HP being very expensive..

Saturn's been this bad for a long time though, Kami chip's are goldmine's..

FirestarXL
19-10-03, 11:05
I would say the the value of cash is depreciating fast on Pluto also, though not as bad as saturn or jupiter yet. I myself will rarely accept cash for rare parts, knowing full well that when I need to obtain one, the person with the part I need will probably only accept trade or obscene amounts of cash (and sometimes not even that). It's a vicious circle.

wolfwood
19-10-03, 11:07
lol, talk about desprite people

Currencys really are quit different from server to server lol.

MayhemMike
19-10-03, 11:13
I think we know where must of the GMs play.

sparrowtm
19-10-03, 11:25
Originally posted by MayhemMike
I think we know where must of the GMs play.

Let me guess, you're from Saturn ? :p

Q`alooaith
19-10-03, 11:42
I'm pretty sure GM's play on all sever's..

well maybe they don't play normal NC anymore. I heard that from somwhere, can't rember.. ahh well..

You should see how bad it's getting on saturn.. but then we've had this problem a long time, poor saturn..

I'd suggest a item whipe, but then people would scream at me again..

Archeus
19-10-03, 12:50
Just move the currency to items that are hard to get.

For example make TP the most basic. Say unresearched TP 50k always. After that you have a stable currency.

Put prices on researched TPs as welll.

Rizzy
19-10-03, 12:58
They should make unresearched techparts buyable for a limited time. Say 50k for lowtech, 75 and 100 for normal and expensive. This would be a good money sink and would help the whole rare situation in neocron.

Jaggeh
19-10-03, 13:01
my regular customers need not fret, the most i will ever charge for a tech part is 300k (cursed soul, holy lightning, paineaser) i sell nearly all techs at 150k and rare weapons start at 200k and the most i have sold one for (4 slot near artifact PE) was 1.5 million.

i hate spiraling costs, when things are less rare but people are charging more it sucks.

El Barto
19-10-03, 13:08
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Aloha,

in the German forum, threads are opened about how worthless money has become in NC. On Jupiter, unresearched rare parts are traded for 170k to 1 million credits per part - Marine CPU's are sold for 15 million, etc.
As a result, people start refusing money as offers for items, and search for alternative currencies.

How is the situation on the other servers ? As far progressed as on Jupiter ? Or still somewhere in between ?

/edit: switched from "color" to "colour" :p

lolololol, 15mill for a marine CPU, LMAO, on pluto u wouldn't even get a mill for that. Unresearched rares 750k-1mill each, LMAO on PLuto u would be licky imo to get 500k

X452
19-10-03, 13:10
tell me about it lol

this dude i was talking to wanted 4 mill for a single gech of the CST glove, i just laffed at him and called him a f***wit

prices in nc are stupid

athon
19-10-03, 13:20
Uranus is fine atm. I usually offer about 200k for most rare parts.

The thing is us the players can influence the economy. If you're on one of these servers just offer your items for less than expected. If people keep doing that for a few months then prices will lower.

The problem with that of course is that everyone wants as much money as they can get, so it doesn't happen o_O

Athon Solo

Archeus
19-10-03, 13:35
Originally posted by Jaggeh
my regular customers need not fret, the most i will ever charge for a tech part is 300k (cursed soul, holy lightning, paineaser) i sell nearly all techs at 150k and rare weapons start at 200k and the most i have sold one for (4 slot near artifact PE) was 1.5 million.

i hate spiraling costs, when things are less rare but people are charging more it sucks.

I remember when unresearched TP were 50k each, and researched most you would get for one is 100k

sparrowtm
19-10-03, 13:36
Originally posted by El Barto
lolololol, 15mill for a marine CPU, LMAO, on pluto u wouldn't even get a mill for that. Unresearched rares 750k-1mill each, LMAO on PLuto u would be licky imo to get 500k

Hey Barto, Kriphiob misses you ;)

And yes, I was LMAO too when I read that. And then I was crying.

Ryuben
19-10-03, 13:51
maybe cos 4 players server = reseacher, barterer, cster and we all know with thses 3 chars u can make 18mill in a day so...what do u expect.

Barak
19-10-03, 14:07
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Hey Barto, Kriphiob misses you ;)

Ahh! sorry to go OT but could you pls Pm me her name on Jupi just so i know :)

Candaman
19-10-03, 14:46
Originally posted by El Barto
on PLuto u would be licky imo to get 500k

I can get Licky for 500k bring it sounds like a stable economy to me

Originally posted by Barak
Ahh! sorry to go OT but could you pls Pm me her name on Jupi just so i know :)

Keep it in ur pants dude

Barak
19-10-03, 15:24
What? it stays in there until they ask, or untill their sleeping :D

dr.fish
19-10-03, 15:59
i have resser, cster barterer but u need to tell me how u make 18 mil in one day :)
i can build 50 troop carriers (with a friend that resses) in 4 hours going from the chems and i make 4 mil with that (considering the initial investment for chems and all ).
so tell me ur secret to get 18 mil in a days, and in 3 days i have 60 mil :)

Leebzie
19-10-03, 16:12
Definate variation per server. Kinda irritating when u change server because u sell things for a price you're used to being acceptable/profitable and find u cant buy anything with that money.

Over the past 24 hours I built a HL...
http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/5slotHolylightning.jpg
*sorry the urge to show this was immense

And easily the most frustrating thing was the fact no matter how much cash I was offering for some parts people just werent interested. Still, It got built in the end to a satisfactory result, but im dreading buying my next set of rares.

KRIMINAL99
19-10-03, 17:43
The game economy has an infinite money input which can easily cause hyperinflation. A resser, constructor, and barter together can easily make a ton of money in a really short time.

Progenitor
19-10-03, 20:08
The problem with money is that at the start, the new character needs lots of it.

As you progress, you need less and less of it.

You can make 100,000's a cave run - any cave run. They need to tone down the cash received for those.

Heck, they probably should tone down all cash received for MoB kills in the wasteland. It's easy for me to make 100k an hour out there.

But definately in the caves/dungeons, they ought to illiminate it all together - make the xp gain the only benefit to them. It would help balance out the economy.

If you toned down the reward given for MoB kills, people would still make money off of the loot from MoBs - but they would have to actually sell the loot, instead of just leaving it behind. It would slow down the killing.

I'd go so far as to say that no money should be given for mob kills outside of the city areas and increase the money rewards for the mob kills inside of the city areas (including MB, TH, TG). That way newbies get extra cash, but the higher level players, who won't want to kill rats and roachs, won't increase cash as quickly.

-p

ericdraven
20-10-03, 09:07
Progenitor, i don't think your solution will help at all.. i doubt the main part of the money comes from hunting..

With a high-level combo of barter/resser/constructor you can make 2-3 millions per HOUR. So no hunting needed at all. Yes, this is easier on four char servers, but even on single-char servers it should be no problem if 1) you have multiple accounts or 2) there are three players who just - play together.

They should just put in more money sinks.. i would gladly pay 10 million for each additional cab in an appartment, for example. And i am sure there are many more possibilities how we could spend our money..

shockr
20-10-03, 09:22
Hmmm.. the econemy on pluto is quite stable in comparison.

Sure, you get the odd person paying millions for parts, and MC5 parts are a huge comodity that is only tradable for other MC5 parts. But on the whole, prices haven't wavered to much.

Phoenix Ltd still retails a Gat 3 turret for 50k, 25k if you have a contract.

And our vehicles are 270k for an APC, and as low as 25k for a speedbike.

But then I guess these prices will never get higher as it's grounded with store based prices.

Shujin
20-10-03, 09:26
i know for a fact one of the causes of the money problem on saturn and jupiter are from the stock x exploit ( which has been fixed now thank god )

when i got the mod forum opened i got about 3940294023 pms from people stating they hate the idea because itll open up a door of exploits, and 3940294022 of the 3940294023 gave examples of the exploits ;|.. and i mean examples as in they fuckin sent me screen shots of shit they knew how to do. ( btw seems they are all banned now :rolleyes: ) one of them -=Smoker=- i actually talked to for about 6 hrs, he showed me so fuckin much its not even funny, he told me every single person he knew on saturn knew the stock-x exploit, and i dont mean inflating stocks, there was a stock-x exploit that doubled ur money every time u went into neofrag ;|

jernau
20-10-03, 18:32
Originally posted by Shujin
i know for a fact one of the causes of the money problem on saturn and jupiter are from the stock x exploit ( which has been fixed now thank god )

when i got the mod forum opened i got about 3940294023 pms from people stating they hate the idea because itll open up a door of exploits, and 3940294022 of the 3940294023 gave examples of the exploits ;|.. and i mean examples as in they fuckin sent me screen shots of shit they knew how to do. ( btw seems they are all banned now :rolleyes: ) one of them -=Smoker=- i actually talked to for about 6 hrs, he showed me so fuckin much its not even funny, he told me every single person he knew on saturn knew the stock-x exploit, and i dont mean inflating stocks, there was a stock-x exploit that doubled ur money every time u went into neofrag ;|

I didn't know that one. Then again NF is not much use to a droner.

Shujin
21-10-03, 01:07
Originally posted by jernau
I didn't know that one. Then again NF is not much use to a droner. yea i turned it in long ass time ago ( like 8 months ago ) but no one did shit about it till last patch

but they prolly didnt figure out a way to fix it till now

Whiety Bulger
21-10-03, 01:45
Add charity for sole light.