PDA

View Full Version : a break and some comments

greploco
19-10-03, 08:08
hey all, before a couple weeks ago I hadn't played much at all for a long time. I had some extra time so I came on and explored all over. completed a couple epics, etc. It was great running into people again and seeing lots of new people too. the changes have been very very interesting as well. Last time I played a lot epics were not installed, it's been a while.

I have to visit RL again but I'll be back - here are some thoughts and comments from my recent visit.

-I think things on the whole have improved in terms of game play, variety, things to do, things going on, storyline, etc.

-the crashy-ness of nc is a little worse though, hard to tell exactly what that's from as my video card is different, but I have heard this from a couple other people who have taken breaks and come back too. maybe it's the same, but it seems a little worse. it does crash a bit mroe niccely though, doestn't flockerd up my system as much.

-the game is still kind of fun, and I'm going to come back again when I have more time

-the game planners have finally gotten their desire of people choosing apu or ppu and not both so much, the thiing is - specilization makes those guys sooo powerful, was this intended? I see a lot of people throuwing around the word "monkocron" hmm

-speed gimped twink pistol PEs are freaking tough, you know, they only have points for speed killing - and the armor seemed to make them reeeaaallly tough

-spys are also doing some serious damage with those silent hunters

-compared to these otheres, tanks are suffering a little, pretty much all of the other classes have gotten some good love from the devs, tanks are lagging. other people obviously are not playing their tanks --- but I still played my tank quite a bit, I like the variety in wepons, lots of fun.

-despite all the complaints, the games still ok, I think the fact that I play on saturn biases me a bit. saturn and jupiter seem to be thriving quite a bit more than the others. take a page from EVE's book - they just stuck everyone in one freaking huge galaxy. more players more traffic more fun. technically I don't think NC can do that, but it's a good idea.

-I had some comments on Tech Haven in brainport, won't restate them here.

-devs, if you read this, I hope you take the forume seriously, lots of good stuff in here from a lot of dedicated players

ok that's it, see ya all soon hopefully

and yes, I will out myself

Jom
Lefty

playing on Saturn and playing NC since _early_ beta