PDA

View Full Version : Tank PA4

R.S.Savage
19-10-03, 04:05
It should be possible for a tank and any other class to wear his power armour lvl 4 without using drugs to wear it...after having equipted it it is on and wont go off again..unless u gr or die or whatsoever...but u need drugs to put it on thats kinda..hmm stupid.

\\Fényx//
19-10-03, 04:08
Originally posted by R.S.Savage
It should be possible for a tank and any other class to wear his power armour lvl 4 without using drugs to wear it...after having equipted it it is on and wont go off again..unless u gr or die or whatsoever...but u need drugs to put it on thats kinda..hmm stupid.

check your imps again sav :p

Moveon/Marine/Herc/Zerk/HBB is a total of plus 24, then theres the plus 8? from the PA, that keeps it on...

wolfwood
19-10-03, 04:11
same with spy pa 4...........

R.S.Savage
19-10-03, 04:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
check your imps again sav :p

Moveon/Marine/Herc/Zerk/HBB is a total of plus 24, then theres the plus 8? from the PA, that keeps it on...

i said u need drugs to put it on..not wear it...read closely

\\Fényx//
19-10-03, 04:21
well thats what the lvl 4 is there for, a fully imped, drugged char, callash said that (somewhere)

The lvl 1 is for a 'mid' range char
lvl 2 is for a 'cookie' setup capped char
lvl 3 is for a capped and imped up char
lvl 4 is for a gimped, capped, fully imped up char

my PE has the imps to get PA4 pistol on without drugs, but is gimped as i have to 'waste' a brain imp space on a moto 3 instead of taking a resistor or moveon...

Ryuben
19-10-03, 04:35
so PE's can use there lvl 4 armour but no one else can with out drugs .....why thats kinda fucked up if u ask me !

\\Fényx//
19-10-03, 06:08
Originally posted by Ryuben
so PE's can use there lvl 4 armour but no one else can with out drugs .....why thats kinda fucked up if u ask me !

I agree with that to an extent, the PE PA has made a rolh setup too easy... however its now the ROLH PE's that seem to hit the ground faster because it weakens their defensive setup, the BS/Lib/Rifle PE's that dont got OTT on their setups are the tougher ones to kill in my experience sofar, this is the same for my PE now im using rolh, i _know_ that im gonna die that bit faster, because ive lost my moveon/resistor and the use of blessed deflector and heat/haz while I have my PA on, but I do a shit load more damage with the rolh, I can even take down a PPU at times o_O

TBH the PE PA lvl4 should be around 110 DEX... but I never said that :p

Candaman
19-10-03, 11:56
At least Tanks can keep it on without drugs once its on. Monks can't keep it on with full +5 imps and Pa bonus always fall one psi lvl too short

R.S.Savage
19-10-03, 16:34

thats exactly why i started this thread

R.S.Savage
19-10-03, 16:36
Originally posted by Candaman
At least Tanks can keep it on without drugs once its on. Monks can't keep it on with full +5 imps and Pa bonus always fall one psi lvl too short

ask someone that knows

Dribble Joy
19-10-03, 17:20
The lvl 1 is for a 'mid' range char
lvl 2 is for a 'cookie' setup capped char
lvl 3 is for a capped and imped up char
lvl 4 is for a gimped, capped, fully imped up char

Actually, it's more like.

lvl 1: high lvl char
lvl 2: capped char
lvl 3: capped imp useing char
lvl 4: capped imp useing drug chugging char

Anyone who is using the PEPA4 is on drugs anyway, RoLH needs it (technically you can use RoLH without drugs but the gimpage is extreme)
Judge setup, is quite feasable without any drug use with the lvl 4 but I prefer the insane resists I now have and use redflash (which is god-like for the AGL/ATL)

Omnituens
19-10-03, 21:54
TBH the PE PA lvl4 should be around 110 DEX... but I never said that :p

yes you did! :D

and i happen to agree.

VetteroX
19-10-03, 23:16
pe pa gives less benafits then other pas, therfore its lower req... its fair.

Vid Gamer
19-10-03, 23:23
IMO PA4 is more of a burden then a help.

The resists aren't drastically better, the bonus to H-C and STR is very little, the -30 ATL and -8 CON would gimp you pretty bad and then the fact in order to wear it you need to have a Zerk 3 and you need to take out the PPR, which is almost essential for a Tank, and then you would still need to drug everytime you GR and die.

Sorry, I'll stick with the PA3.

Rade
19-10-03, 23:26
Before you start whining about the unfairnes in the PE PA take a
look at the bonuses it gives.

Tazo
20-10-03, 00:16
good thing nobody asks

Void Dildano
20-10-03, 02:05
I think the problem lies not within the requirments of PA4s or other "must drug" items

The problem is that the drug system isn't very rewarding for those who use drugs.

My sugestion is : quadruple(or more) the time a drug lasts.(so anyone would think they are worthwhile besides the occasional getting armour on or duel). Make it so that everytime you take the drug you remove the flashback , yes even the flashback that occurs after prolonged use. And to balance this you tenfold the flashback time and keep flashback on even after death.

Then people would continue to use drugs but they would NEED to do it all the time and probably had to chose a drug or two they want to use. (since few people can be bothered to have 10 different drugs in inventory)
Adding proper Drug addiction to give real flavour of gritty future rpg.

Also, continous druguse could become a real moneysink again.

(adding a few drugs that add maybe cst, imp at a costly price could also be interesting)

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 04:51
Eh, since all HC Tank PA's are grey, I can always say I am wearing the PA4. :p

Birkoff
20-10-03, 05:11
OMG moks are the only class that cant use there 4th PA without staying constantly drugged.. NERF TEH MONK!

Drexel
20-10-03, 05:34
Now, lets not confuse Taking one drug to put on the PA, with constantly having to take drugs to keep the armour on.

Taking a single drug to put on Armour after GR'ing or death is NOT an issue, the drugs are easily recycled & do not cost a cent, and it really is NOT an issue. Try it first before you knock it, its a non-event.

Constantly having to take drugs to use something is a choice made by the runner not yet ready for the item, this is their choice and not really up for open discussion, you dont wanna do it, then Dont ! Simple.

All level 4 armour does not need constant drugging to use (when fully capped & imped) and the use of a single drug to get it on is such an insignifiant issue that it should not be requarded as a problem at all, but a runners choice.

*Go on, try it, i know you want too. ;)

KidWithStick
20-10-03, 05:35
how much neg agility does tank pa4 give?

and why is PE PA not give a neg to ath/agl....ALL other PA's do dont they?

i mean...it is a fuckin metal/tin can all over your body...

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 06:56
Originally posted by Drexel
Now, lets not confuse Taking one drug to put on the PA, with constantly having to take drugs to keep the armour on.

Taking a single drug to put on Armour after GR'ing or death is NOT an issue, the drugs are easily recycled & do not cost a cent, and it really is NOT an issue. Try it first before you knock it, its a non-event.

Constantly having to take drugs to use something is a choice made by the runner not yet ready for the item, this is their choice and not really up for open discussion, you dont wanna do it, then Dont ! Simple.

All level 4 armour does not need constant drugging to use (when fully capped & imped) and the use of a single drug to get it on is such an insignifiant issue that it should not be requarded as a problem at all, but a runners choice.

*Go on, try it, i know you want too. ;)

I would wear PA4 if I could wear it with a single drug with the Imp setup of Marine/PPR/MoveON/Herc but I have to sacrifice one of those Imps for a Zerc 3, if not I have to stack 2 drugs everytime I die and GR, plus the bonuses aren't that much better, so what's the point?

PS: This is for Tank PA4.

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 06:57
Originally posted by KidWithStick
how much neg agility does tank pa4 give?

and why is PE PA not give a neg to ath/agl....ALL other PA's do dont they?

The PA4 gimps you with -30 ATL and -8 CON. I have 70 base ATL, with PA3 I have 60-10, with PA4 it would be 55, making me have to overspec some ATL, and then the -8 CON with a FH2 would make you have -13 CON off the bat. o_O

R.S.Savage
20-10-03, 14:26
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Eh, since all HC Tank PA's are grey, I can always say I am wearing the PA4. :p

tehy aint...PA 1 grey PA 2 blue PA3 grey PA4 black

CryptoChronic
20-10-03, 14:43
NERF THE MONKEHS !!!111!onE!!11oneone!!1

R.S.Savage
20-10-03, 14:48
Originally posted by CryptoChronic
NERF THE MONKEHS !!!111!onE!!11oneone!!1

erm....ok

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 14:54
Originally posted by KidWithStick
why is PE PA not give a neg to ath/agl....ALL other PA's do dont they?

i mean...it is a fuckin metal/tin can all over your body...

Nonono, the back of the head is leather
There u go simple solution
Or that a Lobster/Vader combo = Incredible speed?
Fuck do I know!
Just dunn like the -INT on spy pa DAMNIT!

KidWithStick
20-10-03, 16:50
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Nonono, the back of the head is leather
There u go simple solution
Or that a Lobster/Vader combo = Incredible speed?
Fuck do I know!
Just dunn like the -INT on spy pa DAMNIT!

i asked a PE why and he said because no one would wear it...as if its tom uch of a dissadvantage...look at fucking tank PA...its the most disadvantaged POS there is...MAYBE if they upped the goods on it a little more to make it so if you wore it you would actually be dangerous...then ok...

and wouldnt it make more since that the PA adds to con instead of takes away from it?

Duder
20-10-03, 16:53
a tank can overspec their agility, and make up for their pa and heavy weapons out slowdown, a PE cant.

A tank with a cs out can run just as fast as a agile PE with a Pistol.

•Super|\|ova•
20-10-03, 18:32
Hehe :lol: who the hell wants to use tank PA 4? Tank PAs suck!

Dribble Joy
20-10-03, 18:35
Originally posted by R.S.Savage
tehy aint...PA 1 grey PA 2 blue PA3 grey PA4 black

PA 2 is grey, melee PAs is blue.

R.S.Savage
20-10-03, 18:40
Originally posted by Duder
a tank can overspec their agility, and make up for their pa and heavy weapons out slowdown, a PE cant.

A tank with a cs out can run just as fast as a agile PE with a Pistol.

thats right i can run faster then u with or without pistol but in combat im slow due to heavy weapons and ur not...tank pa stats are ok...i just want to be able to wear it without using a drug to put it on

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:18
Well, bottom line is, I would wear the PA4 if I only had to drug once and I don't have to sacrifice my PPR for a Zerc 3.

PS: I don't think the PA4 is black.o_O