PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from Pistol Spies

Hippieman
19-10-03, 03:26
Alright I finally started a pistol spy and hes lvling pretty good with his Colt Budget. Now Im wondering how should I go for my INT? Im going to be a hacker that can hack anything without any imps. Since that would take up a good ammount of points, I was wondering whats the least ammount of wep lore do I need and still get great aiming in pvp. Ill be using combat implants, no hacking implants.

\\Fényx//
19-10-03, 04:23
Originally posted by Hippieman
Alright I finally started a pistol spy and hes lvling pretty good with his Colt Budget. Now Im wondering how should I go for my INT? Im going to be a hacker that can hack anything without any imps. Since that would take up a good ammount of points, I was wondering whats the least ammount of wep lore do I need and still get great aiming in pvp. Ill be using combat implants, no hacking implants.

probably the same as a PE, like base 60-75 lore, my PE has base 75 lore, with imps goes upto something like 106, capping aiming on a slasher he cant even use lol...

sultana
19-10-03, 07:54
You can even have less than that if you have enough pc, my pistol spy cster, only has 54 weapon lore, and im not planning on increaing it :P

KRIMINAL99
19-10-03, 08:03
I strongly disagree with them but I guess it depends what your definition of great in pvp is. A spy gets killed easily up close so if you want to have an advantage I would go for as much Lore as you can get and then slow them some how and keep as much distance as you can from them while constantly moving perpendicular to them and shooting them to death. (Where as a PE pistol user would be running circles around them up close trying to kill them)

Few people have seen the advantages of the slasher yet... With really high weapon lore you can run around like a chicken with its head cut off at like twice the distance of a libby user pelting them to death when many people wont even be able to hit you.

trigger hurt
19-10-03, 08:52
My pistol spy has 35 base wep. 70+ after imps. I cap aiming on every pistol. Tech or no tech.

But enjoy the leveling after you start to outgrow cyclops. Without a ppu, killing firemobs will be near impossible...and the new, 'great' armor helps very little against warbots, even with 75 nrg/medium nrg belt.

Torteth
19-10-03, 08:57
My poor pistol spy is gimped... I jacked Wep Lore up to base 100, even in the days when it didnt do anything.... I've been meaning to LOM some of it out, but if memory serves me correctly, anything less than base 100 and I dont seem to cap my Liberator.... Could just be me though.
I've played Pistol using spies since the start of Beta 4 and pour all my points into combat skills... (trade skills are for suckers) Well, I have 50 BRT, but thats just so I can get more LEWT. :D :D :D
So yeah, what IS the cuttoff for Weapon Lore for a Liberator using Pistol Spy. I use my LE too, so I cant use 4 implants to jack it up. :P

Morris
19-10-03, 09:02
I just lommed from rifles to pistols, and taking out my Exp Ballistic 3 for a MOVEON (bringing me down to about 165 WEP from about 180) cost me several dmg% on RoLH and Slasher. This is with a PC of 174, although to be honest my RoLH isn't so hot as far as stats go.

Torteth
19-10-03, 09:05
*Low whistle*
well my INT isnt capped anyway... Perhaps I should jack it UP... Mines around the 120 mark I think (with Imps and buffs) so I'll aim for 150...
Thanks for that Morris :D

Oath
19-10-03, 09:52
Pistol spys arent that bad, im not amazing with my pe in pvp, but im better than with my tank 8| o_O NEEERRRRFFF.

Now,
a mate of mine has had a pistol spy for a while, he wasnt very good, but recently he's improved a great deal, now, if he's lucky, then one day he'll kill my pe, and no doubt he'll kill my tank, he's too damned bloody fast heh. when he gets a rolh then im kinda worried.

Then again, when i get one he should also be worried mauhauhuhah.

Oh yeah, both my pe and his spy have 100 weapon lore base, it contributes a little to handling and a little more to rof, wich given my lowish pistol skill balances a little more for me.

mdares
19-10-03, 11:19
on the skills anouncment weaplore doesnt give to rof; just dmg nad hand.. and range too ...

its all dependent on how u spec ur resists on yur spy... i spec towards fire tho balanced in pvp; so i can solo firemobs easily and take very little dmg.

spies are fun... u can kill most classes except apus cuz they can rape u quick... hc tanks are ok but u need to be fast... mc tanks are a pain cuz they too fast.

Morris
19-10-03, 11:32
Oops, forgot to mention that at the same time I took out the Exp Ballistic 3 I also lommed some TC, which equated to a net gain of 1 PC. So even with WEP that high, it still does make a difference :)

Jesterthegreat
19-10-03, 13:58
Originally posted by trigger hurt
My pistol spy has 35 base wep. 70+ after imps. I cap aiming on every pistol. Tech or no tech.

But enjoy the leveling after you start to outgrow cyclops. Without a ppu, killing firemobs will be near impossible...and the new, 'great' armor helps very little against warbots, even with 75 nrg/medium nrg belt.

what are you talking about? i can solo 3 WB's at a time as a pistol spy... Med Deflecter belt, 0 base NRG resist (i have pistol kami in... so NRG is a waste for me haha) 0 base xray, all gamma bones, Pistol PA 2 and a Judge (fully capped - damage / aiming / prolly RoF too)

i rinse WB's! i get them to 1/3 health if i can empty a clip at them and not miss once... pistols have decievingly long range too...

NC Junkie

edit:

oh i am running MOVEON, STR booster 2 (for 46 str /w imps)

SF / mind ctrl 3 / Pistol kami

Smart Cyber eye 4 (puts me closer to stealth... damn the -30 int on kami chip)

i am on 103 dex atm and i cap aiming + damage on all pistols (including 113 slasher / executioner - both are unmodded and 1 slot)

oh and slightly off topic... i get 493 RoF on a tangent Pulse Laser Pistol with my own boost and no fortress hahaha

Neo LoneWolf
19-10-03, 16:40
Assuming you're going to be putting virtually everything you can into P-C, then Wep doesn't need to be above 75, as said.

Given you will only need Hacking at 100 (even for Ops - SF and Spy boost 3 . . . ), you will still have more than half your INT points left to spend.

Dont Mess
19-10-03, 16:48
my spy had 28 base weaponlore now has 0 but with 28 base and the rite imps 2 get it to round 40 he capped the aiming on an artifact wyatt earp and thats tl 88 but wen u get up to the hi tech yr gonna need a SHIT load more i mean the slasher is a bitch so u should have around 80-100 base and still have alot of points 2 hack i mean hackin most u'll need is 120base then rest u can do with buff hell even fit in space 2 poke if u want

Jesterthegreat
19-10-03, 17:09
Originally posted by Neo LoneWolf
Assuming you're going to be putting virtually everything you can into P-C, then Wep doesn't need to be above 75, as said.

a low tech pistol spy? what a waste... lib = highest low tech iirc so you would be a weak pistol PE

pistol psies need TC, prob enough for stealth 2

they also need run speed. with 40 CON at cap you need both ath and agi 90+ (you will need speed as a pistol spy... you really dont wanna get hit)

iirc i have 100/100 ath/agi on my pistol spy, and i intend to improve that when i hit the dex cap.

plus as a spy with loadsa dex points recycle is a skill worth investing in...

this means you will be wanting 85 (or 95? i forget) TC, 80 ath (or agi? haha which ones in dex?) minimum and i think its 48 recycle to recycle any ammo?

oh and for the record i have 68 hack with spy boost 1, and about 180 weapon lore (with kamikaze chip in) and i get 493 RoF on a NON-RARE tl92 pulse laser pistol. i cap any and all pistols, before modding. i run like shit off a shovel. i aim in seconds. oh i have 60 PSU so i can run + crouch cast a heal in 2 secs (5 slot 120,120,120,94 tl3 heal)

with 1 int / psi drug you can heal, heal sact, shelter, deflecter, pistol boost1, spy boost1.

with the right imp setup you can wear a full inq 1 set with 1 str drug.

there is nothing weak about a fully capped spy if its setup right / played right :D

NC Junkie