PDA

View Full Version : Closer to solving FRE's?

Ehyuko
18-10-03, 23:56
3 questions:

I've gone from having 1-2 fatal errors every hour or two to over 10 an hour in the past day [not including system lockups, which while rare before are common now]... something change server side?

Is the NC coding team any closer to solving the fatal runtime errors many of us still experience or is this a 'spare time' project?

I WAS sending in my error, dxdiag, callstack and d3ddriv logs on every crash... until support asked me to stop [O_o], so, should we all start sending them in again?

Omnituens
19-10-03, 00:25
whats the point of error logs if the dev team never sees them?

RayBob
19-10-03, 03:26
The frequency of FREs has increased for me as well.

When the recent nameless PE bug surfaced, KK poured their energy into the problem and within less than 2 weeks the issue was solved. They even said that is was very tough to find and yet they did it.

No computer bug is impossible to find; it simply takes effort. I would be embarrassed if my programs crashed this often.

What makes matters worse, is that they don't even acknowledge the problem. I have been gaming on the PC for about 11 years, and this is by far the most unstable game I have ever encountered.

Ray

trigger hurt
19-10-03, 03:43
-I crash everytime I zone into plaza 1.
-I crash everytime I zone out of plaza 1.
-Sometimes I crash when I am standing still in the middle of nowhere in a zone I doubt anyone goes to.
-If I have to relog, I have to shut down neocron all the way then reopen it, otherwise I get a 'cannot join proxy session error'. This just started happening. No software changes, no hardware changes. Reinstall of Neocron, Reinstall of Windows.

The majority of these bugs has been around for ages. My favorite is getting stuck in sync between anarchy and safe/warzones where I havent got a chance to defend myself at all.

Benjie
19-10-03, 03:50
Although ignorance is no way to solve a problem, I don't think that is reakktors tecknique. Due to the fact that the Neocron engine is a Hybrid (and a heavily hacked one at that) I excpect that the answer is that it's harder than we all think. Also you have to take into consideration that reakktor are not sony. They are a lot smaller company who I belive are trying there best to fix things. One other thing to point out is they are focusing on getting a better publishing deal. This is somthing they will only get a single shot at, so they need to get it right first time around. I expect that after this has passed things will begin to change radiclly. (Although not neccesarily for the better. I am very worried that the DOY stunt is going to go wrong. There is far too much anticipation for it considering it's only a few changes and a few new sectors.)

BJB
19-10-03, 08:25
-Sometimes I crash when I am standing still in the middle of nowhere in a zone I doubt anyone goes to.
-If I have to relog, I have to shut down neocron all the way then reopen it, otherwise I get a 'cannot join proxy session error'. This just started happening. No software changes, no hardware changes. Reinstall of Neocron, Reinstall of Windows.

Same thing happens here...with those things, except I dont crash when standing in one place, more like...hmmm "synch out" I would call it that hehe

Celt
19-10-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Benjie
Although ignorance is no way to solve a problem, I don't think that is reakktors tecknique. Due to the fact that the Neocron engine is a Hybrid (and a heavily hacked one at that) I excpect that the answer is that it's harder than we all think. Also you have to take into consideration that reakktor are not sony. They are a lot smaller company who I belive are trying there best to fix things. One other thing to point out is they are focusing on getting a better publishing deal. This is somthing they will only get a single shot at, so they need to get it right first time around. I expect that after this has passed things will begin to change radiclly. (Although not neccesarily for the better. I am very worried that the DOY stunt is going to go wrong. There is far too much anticipation for it considering it's only a few changes and a few new sectors.)
The bug's been there since I started playing in December.
11 months at least, and still not even an acknowledgment.

Lanigav
19-10-03, 19:37
There's no denying that these nasty bugs exist and that fixing them will be extremely hard. However, its KK's obligation to find a way to fix these errors because they're frustrating a lot of people, no matter how hard or time consuming it is.

ericdraven
20-10-03, 10:26
The game is starting to piss me off..

FREs all the time, even when i do nothing and just idle in the appartment.
SYNC bugs - in the last two days i was moving appartments, therefore zoning often and had not less than 10 unwanted guests in my appartment. Once a monk with drawn FA was standing behind me.. luckily an alllied faction and no RPK.
Money-transfer from char to Clan. Money disappeared on Char, never appeared on the Clan account. This never happened before.
Money-transfer from Clan to Char. Not listed in the account overview. At least the money did not disappear this time. Never happened before.
Transfer Research Substance from a Cabinet to Char. Disappears in Cabinet, does not appear on Char. Relog, Substance is back in the Cabinet. Never happened before.
Researcher Glove and TL150 Research tool disappeared. Two days later they magically appear again in the cabinet. Never happened before.

This game is getting more and more unplayable. And i am wondering why i see myself logging in less.. o_O

pix
20-10-03, 10:31
Aside from zoning, I get FRE mostly when I move items around inventory/cabs/corpse/etc too fast, often because of lag.

After I discovered that and started moving items slower I get way less FRE's.

ericdraven
20-10-03, 10:32
Originally posted by pix
Aside from zoning, I get FRE mostly when I move items around inventory/cabs/corpse/etc too fast, often because of lag.

After I discovered that and started moving items slower I get way less FRE's.
Ah yes.. how could i forget about this one!

I gave up looting the mobs i kill, i take out the rare parts and the implants and leave the rest...

Lanigav
20-10-03, 10:40
The bulk of my FRE's occur right after I join a team and do anything in the interface. I usually have to wait around 5 minutes or so before its safe to do anything in my inventory. I also now get FRE's from doing absolutely nothing, which never happened before the 188 patch.

MjukisDjur
20-10-03, 10:51
I have no change in FRE for the last 3 months. The dual synch when logging in for the first time is anoying though...

Rezod
20-10-03, 11:06
I can't say i can set the FRE's to a sertain action except the looting to fast fre. sometimes i can play for days without almost no fre at all and another time i can get like one fre per 5min doing the same things.

P4mp3rk3
20-10-03, 11:11
I haven't seen an increase in FRE's either, which means I hardly crash...maybe once every night, hehe