PDA

View Full Version : Any Neocroners playing Shadowbane?

Rade
18-10-03, 23:17
I just dled the free shadowbane trial for kicks and Im liking it.
Dont think it will stop me from playing neocron but its a nice
change during the european daytime when theres no one to kill
in pepper park :(

So, are there any neocron people that plays shadowbane that I
could hook up with?

Vid Gamer
18-10-03, 23:28
Didn't Kobra moved on to Shadowbane? Not sure if he still plays it though.

Konrad McKenzie
19-10-03, 01:58
Yup, Kobra moved off to play SB, and he stuck with for quite some time, even managed to get myself to play it for a while :D

I really enjoyed the game personaly, at least I enjoyed the noob isle where you start off. The character development in the game is fantastic, so many choises and different branches of class to explore, its top stuff in that department. Before I tried the game I thought that the graphics looked to be very poor, as did alot of other people, but once I was in there I was pleasently suprised. They may not be ground breaking but there far better that I imagined.

I stopped playing it after getting to level 20 (at which point you automaticly get moved off the noob isle and onto the main continent) because whilst the noob isle was rich with mobs and the leveling was fun, the main isle was just too empty and barren. As it happeneds I was infact level 38 when I left the noob isle (I bent the rules a little) and even then the only mobs I could find near the starting town all conned as red and totaly out of my league. Suffice to say the main part of the game let me down, although having said that I belive they are/have released an update that totaly changes the maps around and as such may have made the main isle a little more friendly.

Overall I'd say that the game at its core is pretty damn good, all it needed when I was playing it was more 'stuff' to do on the main isle after first getting there.

p.s Kobra doesnt play it anymore, Wolfpack (the devs) did a server merge and borked it all up so that many players had all their clan cities removed etc. He's now playing SWG of all things :D

Style
19-10-03, 02:05
i tried it for about 6 days, i found it actually really fun up to this point where i was lvl 30. i joined one the biggest guilds so i could be helped to cap quickly, but each time i logged on there would be about 3 hunting partys, and no one would summon me to their party, so i had to sand aound in the town for fo 30 minutes like a idiot

then i got fed up and found it stupid how no one in the clan would even summon me plaices, and running plaices was just not fun. speichally with no transport

i then tried a friends account one of his lvl 60 charecers to try the pvp part of the hame, i found it ok considering you got gold of people

but the game just took no skill what so ever, so it got boring quick. i then began to kill my guild members in our town, that got boring to

so i stoped playing :)

Alex Mars
19-10-03, 06:34
I tried it for a few weeks but didn't stick with it. The magic system was deeply boring, all I had was one zap spell (although it was undeniably effective). Playing a melee character sort of reminded me of playing NWN.

I never got off the newbie island, the game just failed to hook me and I never went beyond my free month. I think that was the time that I started playing NC if I'm not mistaken.

nonamebrandeggs
19-10-03, 06:36
Welcome back.

Oh, it's a little to early...

Lathuc
20-10-03, 03:53
@konrad you should have gone too the desert ubar lvling there alteast that is what it was when i was in beta didnt get it though cause of no cc or any other way of paying i was in red dawn in beta and way before that even hehe

8ball(saturn)
20-10-03, 05:30
yes i did for free trial. it was absolutely amazing. everything about it and stuff. especially the pvp aspect. I saw armies battling it out at once lol it was nuts. s I was a 2 handed ass kickin human warrior and i got to like level 40 somethin i believe before my trial ran out, i might go back tho if i can remember my name on there

its not better than neocron tho (partly because of my nc addiction), unless it had guns.

pix
20-10-03, 09:39
I was in the beta and I liked it alot. The pvp system is so totally different from other games. I would probably have bought it if they hadn't messed up the european distribution.

Shadowbane is pretty much EQ without the lameness.

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 09:45
Rade. you're Swedish, me too, and I tell you
being a Swede in that game isn't much fun
First of all you're actually not even allowed there
and you CAN be removed because of that
Second, you got lagg. Trust me. It's there and it will always be
since everyone else (almost) is in the states
Third, the game isn't THAT good when u get into it a bit
Just same old trolling all the way
Fourth, the unlocked chars own all other chars
So when you've played 3 months with your elf or dwarf or whatever
you gotta redo all the shit to get an Acroix up..

But hey it's your desicion

to get into the topic again
Yes, I've been playing it, but I just went back to same old Neo
Which we all love to hate.
[Edit]And hate to love, even tho we do it.