PDA

View Full Version : new implants for tanks

ezza
18-10-03, 23:09
looking at the implants for tanks, theres not much for the heavy tank.

in fact it seems the imps are more geared for melee tanks than heavy ones.

look at beserks atm they have +str +melee -int - barter

+ str =nice
-intel and barter are nothing major

then the plus to melee is well pointless, as melee tanks can pretty much cap there weapons with out the imps, but ok im sure they would like to keep them.

so why not have a similar implant that gives + to heavy combat

and then the same with eyes tank have to wear a melee combat eye.

why not have a eye that gives heavy combat.

a tank has to put all or near all his points into H-C to cap damage and to get a decent aiming %

and read that decent cos we cant cap the aiming on the cursed soul, which sucks imho.

so give more tank implants.

oh and dont bring up monks not having psi eyes in this thread plz, make your own if you want to talk about that

Vid Gamer
18-10-03, 23:30
Agreed again.

A Heavy Combat eye is all I want.

PS: To sympathize with the Monks I also think Monks should get something for there eye and backbone. :)

ezza
18-10-03, 23:32
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Agreed again.

A Heavy Combat eye is all I want.

PS: To sympathize with the Monks I also think Monks should get something for there eye and backbone. :)

i do agree that monks should get them also, but i dont want them talking about it in this thread:)

Vid Gamer
18-10-03, 23:34
I admit though the WEP is good.

With the setup of a Marine/M.O.V.E.-ON/PPR/Herc you get no WEP from that, then if you add in a H-C eye hopefully it has some WEP in it, if not our aiming and reticle speed would suck ass, unless KK lowered the % and H-C required to cap aiming.

mdares
18-10-03, 23:35
ALL WEAPONS/COMBAT SPECIALTIES SHOULD GET EYEs AND BACKBONEs!!!

currently only melee pc rc and drone have em... well ok no drone backbone but eh...

but only other combat specialties left out are the hc tanks and the apu monkies... (no ppu doesnt get any cuz they not combat :D)

so give combat boosting eyes and backbones to apus and tanks and we're set on the balancing of imps...

Vid Gamer
18-10-03, 23:42
The Harden Backbones give you H-C?

mdares
18-10-03, 23:43
well ok forgot about harden... so tanks need HC eyes and monks need apu eyes/backbones :D

Benjie
19-10-03, 01:04
Monk Eye: Sight Enhancer 3 (monks are nearly blind)
+15 Weapon Lore (blessed are the pistol monks)
+5 APU (because then they can see what there aiming at) :p
-5 PPU (or visa versa with the apu one)

Monk Backbone: Pelvis to Spine Enhancement
-15 Agility
+5 Slots in the Belt (for boosters)
+Sex speed. (sexe)

ezza
19-10-03, 01:45
Originally posted by Benjie
Monk Eye: Sight Enhancer 3 (monks are nearly blind)
+15 Weapon Lore (blessed are the pistol monks)
+5 APU (because then they can see what there aiming at) :p
-5 PPU (or visa versa with the apu one)

Monk Backbone: Pelvis to Spine Enhancement
-15 Agility
+5 Slots in the Belt (for boosters)
+Sex speed. (sexe)

nice idea, but how about keeping it in a monkey thread, this is a tanky implant thread;)

Ascension
19-10-03, 02:04
Give monks psi eyes..

And also i agree wit the need for H-C eyes

Birkoff
19-10-03, 02:35
HC eyes and imps i agree with.. more -agil to monks i dont :P

enablerbr
19-10-03, 19:38
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
The Harden Backbones give you H-C?

well i think the harden backbone should give more H-C like the advance nerves do to research. so harden backbone 3 would give +15 H-C.

not sure about if an alternative to beserks for H-C though. yet i think a H-C eye would be in order.

Eddie
19-10-03, 21:52
Likewise as someone mentioned, tanks have plentiful (200+) HC as it is.. whilst spies/PEs (usually) have to invest in TC and RC/PC under the same main stat.

Tanks don't *really* need *that* much HC - they cap enough of their weapons as it is: and their rank doesn't go up further.

This is coming from a non-tank, as you might have guessed and will flame.

Eddie

Vid Gamer
19-10-03, 23:31
Originally posted by Eddie
Likewise as someone mentioned, tanks have plentiful (200+) HC as it is.. whilst spies/PEs (usually) have to invest in TC and RC/PC under the same main stat.

Tanks don't *really* need *that* much HC - they cap enough of their weapons as it is: and their rank doesn't go up further.

Eddie

I agree to an extent, but every class should have a specialized implant for there class in every category. Tanks are missing the H-C eye, and Monks are missing the eye and the backbone for example.

they cap enough of their weapons as it is: and their rank doesn't go up further.

This is ezza's other point. P.E.'s, Spies, and Monks (especially Monks) can get *** with a wicked combat rank when capped and a good setup. Tanks can't. Hell, they don't even come close. Like someone said, the most combat rank a Tank can get is 66, and even then that's not close to ***. I believe a capped Tank with 200+ H-C (specialization) and a good setup should be able to achieve *** like everyone else.

ezza
20-10-03, 00:03
Originally posted by Eddie

Eddie

tanks cap damage NOT aiming though

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 00:08
Tank's aiming cap is 267%, right?

I can fully cap the TSC and the TT ER lasergun and come close to the CS, but with the Mal, MS, and DB I don't come close (this is with 220 H-C).

Dru Blood
20-10-03, 00:13
tanks need serious loving as to come near cap a cs without an mc5 imp u need pure hc.

now i agree with a imp which shud be sold at MB which wud require str 105 for eg and gives like +15 HC

monks shouldnt get anything, im sick of monkocron ffs give the tank his role back, the tank should be the killing machine not a skinny little faggot monk.

and b4 sum 1 flames me i have both a gentank and an apu and both are uber tough, my monk is just overpowerd.

El Barto
20-10-03, 10:12
We need them, and now! Or atleast some time soon.

pix
20-10-03, 10:24
Originally posted by Benjie
+Sex speed. (sexe)

YES YES YES! GIVE ME!!!!!1111111oneoneone

edit: stupid vbcode

Jesterthegreat
20-10-03, 11:58
Originally posted by Dru Blood
tanks need serious loving as to come near cap a cs without an mc5 imp u need pure hc.

now i agree with a imp which shud be sold at MB which wud require str 105 for eg and gives like +15 HC

monks shouldnt get anything, im sick of monkocron ffs give the tank his role back, the tank should be the killing machine not a skinny little faggot monk.

and b4 sum 1 flames me i have both a gentank and an apu and both are uber tough, my monk is just overpowerd.

Tanks should be able to kill anything in combat!!!1!1!1oneoneone

i agree that monkOcron must go though... but that doesnt mean make monks the only one without eye / BBones

oh and i am a fully capped Tank, near capped Spy and a leveling Psi :p

how much Wep do you tanks that are complaining have? iirc i have 100 or a bit more on my tank

Dru Blood
20-10-03, 12:32
every point in my inteligence is in weapon lore,

my imp are targeting 3 moveon marine and zer 3 and mellee eye 3 and hard back 3. imo thats the best setup i can find until i get my herc.

Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
Tanks should be able to kill anything in combat!!!1!1!1oneoneone

i agree that monkOcron must go though... but that doesnt mean make monks the only one without eye / BBones

oh and i am a fully capped Tank, near capped Spy and a leveling Psi :p

how much Wep do you tanks that are complaining have? iirc i have 100 or a bit more on my tank

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:24
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat

When I had the setup of Marine/MoveOn/PPR/Targeting 3 I had 101+25 WEP. Now I got a Herc so it's Marine/MoveOn/PPR/Herc and I have like 85-somethin WEP (that's still ALL my INT points into WEP and the 2 extra points into PSU).

Funny thing is, I actually get better stats on all my guns now, except I get a bit less range, but only things like 5-10m less. :D

Vid Gamer
20-10-03, 20:25
Originally posted by Dru Blood
every point in my inteligence is in weapon lore,

my imp are targeting 3 moveon marine and zer 3 and mellee eye 3 and hard back 3. imo thats the best setup i can find until i get my herc.

I'd get a PPR instead of a Zerc 3, then replace the Targeting 3 with the Herc when you get it.

Dru Blood
20-10-03, 22:40
yeah think ur right there, ill pop it back in, will make me die slower :D