PDA

View Full Version : New way of genereping around

Ryleck
18-10-03, 19:10
Okay here it goes. It will work very similar to a generep. Its a teleporter that you would set up to fight in op wars, or some other things as well... Heres how it works, person A with a clan army will stand in say techhaven. Person B scouts out the op zone. When he decides the time is right he wil open up this teleporher (will take 30 seconds to open up completely, and ve very flashy lights [such as rare swirlies] so it can be spotted). You hop through there and opo up without synap ^^. The portal will remain open for 10 min and will be destroied by enemy forces if the battle is not won.

Your opinions please (please dont hurt me)

Sefran
18-10-03, 19:18
The idea is nice but its to easy to exploit something like that imo.

FuzzyDuck
18-10-03, 19:20
Yeah, sorry but I can't see this working. It'd just be exploit-o-cron again. (such as a PPU running though a cave to the boss spawn, everyone runs in kapwns the boss and then goes out in seconds with loot).

Perhaps with more limitations it could work.

enablerbr
18-10-03, 19:23
i see that being used to throw newb chars into hostile mob areas. just like RO. lol

StryfeX
18-10-03, 19:24
I'd say make it a 3 minute setup time and give it a recharge time between teleports of...say 15 or 30 seconds.

And yes, make it highly visible.

Also make it fairly expensive, one-time use per linked pair.

--Stryfe

Scikar
18-10-03, 20:04
As I understand it, he means to go from one portal to the other requires you to use a portal. So you couldn't force someone through, so I don't see how it could be exploited. :confused:

Shadow Dancer
18-10-03, 20:06
Could be exploited if you could place portals anywhere.

Scikar
18-10-03, 20:22
But if they take time to set up and wear out after a period of time then you can't exactly spam them everywhere.

Seezur001
18-10-03, 20:23
I like the idea but i dont see it happening.

I would make it so it was very expensive and that 2 portals had to be made (one in the area you want to go, one in the area you are) and if one of the portals gets destoyed, and you try to hop through the other portal you get insta-death(seems fair).

That way if someone wanted to use it in the caves, they would first have to put one at the entrance, then at the end of the cave, then if the portal at the end of the cave is destoyed and they try to go through, they die.

The time limit would be removed (it would suck if the first portal you put down dissapeared before you put down the second one) and they would be highly visible so that they could be seen from a distance. Lots of health so your team would have time to get through in a OP war.

They should be able to be put up while in stealth.

[EDIT] Owners of OPs could use them to travel quickly between their OPs (Research somthing at a lab, then use the portal to get to a factory and build it)

Mangus
18-10-03, 20:28
Just put it on a vehicle, so it can't be used indoors and can be destroyed. As if that would ever be implemented. :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
21-10-03, 18:17
I'm just plain offended at this idea... I don't like it very much, aside from the obvious exploitiveness of the idea, is that because if you look at GRs, they're massive, heavy, complex pinnacles of technology that requires enormous energy and established channels of megabandwidth.

I'm sorry, but NExT would never sign off at the idea.

Cypher_Psy
21-10-03, 18:33
Originally posted by Mangus
Just put it on a vehicle, so it can't be used indoors and can be destroyed. As if that would ever be implemented. :rolleyes:

That sounds like a better idea ;)
Porta GR atop a tank or something. :)

der Ed
21-10-03, 18:40
Hopefully you can lure mobs through the portal, just like in UO a longa time ago.

Should be a nice present to bring some Grim Reapers to the next fight :D

Lathuc
21-10-03, 18:44
the porta teleport on a special vehicle sounds cool but you would need somekind of facility or another vehicle to connect it to

Leebzie
21-10-03, 18:50
Like ... a transport craft with a working GR ?? ud have to tag it first of course, by taking a trip out to the vech or entering the vechicles code into a GR (automatically untags if vechicle destroyed)

Then the driver gets "Player X is attempting to GenRep through your vehicle , do you accept ?"

Man that vehicle would be so incredibly popular... Could give ops mounted anti-vehicle devices to stop them being driven right up to the op gate , but a mobile spawn point would increase the rather nerfed pace...

Maybe even help to fix the GR situation...

Btw this machine would have to be hellishly slow and its ability to bring troops in means it should be reliant on troops to defend it.

If I talk about vehicles for too long again like this ill want to make that big command crawler thingy. A mobile clanbase...

Archeus
21-10-03, 18:59
I like the insta death thingy, and only 1 per zone at any time ever. Otherwise people will be dropping them all over the place and using them to return

stalked monkey
21-10-03, 20:20
Hrmm, Me likes this idea...
Have on it a gun about equilivant to the scorp bike so its not too uber.
Make it taggable kinda like an apt, so you cant have hundreds of vehicles that you can port to or whatever.
Make the port to vehicle message.
NO recharge time, recharge would simply make it odd
If vehicle is destroyed then you are teleported to your apartment with the standard message "link denied" that you get when you try to go to a closed op when your dead.
Make it about as fast as a tank.
Make a big glowy circle thingy on it (STARGATE!!!)
Make it have lots of HP though, around the APC range.
Make it take the scorp. trike amount of VHC skill to drive.
Not too uber, but still useful.. And would give me a good reason to have so much VHC skill on my spy :)