PDA

View Full Version : Who would like more Biotech Implant choices? How about you Sir?

Duder
18-10-03, 02:26
The Move-On is really just a Mini-Marine...why not have different "mini" versions of the Rigger Interface, Special Forces, Special Science and PSI Core?

"Mini" Rigger Interface

RCL+8 WPW+8 DEX+3 INT+3

"Mini" Special Science

REP+6 REC+6 CST+8 RES+8 IMP+6 DEX+3 INT+3

"Mini" Special Forces

P-C+6 R-C+6 T-C+6 HCK+8 WEP+8 DEX+3 INT+3

(OK, i understand a few dont like the idea of a Monk Imp being made by Biotech, so maybe the Crahn Epic should have a choice between a "mini" Psi-Core and the crahn glove? You could call the "mini" PSI-Core for "Crahn Auxillary PSI-Core CPU" or something...)

"Mini" Crahn PSI-Core CPU

PSU+8 PPU+6 APU+6 MST+6 PPW+8 INT+3 PSI+3

Well you get the idea, it would be like the Tangent epic, you have a choice between different variants of the Prototype laser, why not different implants in the Biotech epic?

Also vote this thread, the more http://neocron2.jafc.de/images/5stars.gif, the higher chance someone will look at this thread...

Original Thread - Im gonna be posting this idea every 2 weeks till someone notices. (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75089&highlight=More+biotech+implant)

Tazo
18-10-03, 02:32
*starts a poll*
"Do you want your weapon to do more damage?"
Yes 100% (6953465)
No 0% (0)

OMG KK, BOOST OUR WEAPONS LOLOLOL

seriously, why post a poll when you already know the answer?

Kasumi
18-10-03, 02:34
Duder how many times are you going to post this? its not going to happen no matter how many times you make this thread.. its a stupid idea anyways.. would make basically any implants for most classes worthless... and the MOVE ON isnt a mini marine.. its gives better stats in some spots and worse in others.. 1 Star..for asking for stars.. and its as stupid idea..

Marx
18-10-03, 02:35
If the pro-idea people seriously outnumber the contra-number then things might change.

This poll has been done many a time by duder, and I'm glad it continues to be remade after the last one dies.

5 stars.

@ Kasumi

:rolleyes:

KramerTheWeird
18-10-03, 11:51
I vote no for this. MoveOn was built for it's own purposes, not to replace or mimick a marine cpu. Monks for instance see an advantage of using it because of it's high health and considerable force resist. Having mini everything of some implant will totally screw up balance. It would allow players to reach setups without being forced to sacrifice anything to achieve them. I think kk has always tried to put consequences into their setups for you to choose. Not only that, this would allow some ways to make setups that can overbalance certain classes.

Oath
18-10-03, 12:01
No,

Bad idea.

Oath smash.

Dazist
18-10-03, 12:05
Non rare/epic H-C brain implant set for tanks. Every other class got their attack brain implant set.

Kasumi
18-10-03, 12:20
LOL The thing is the tank has probably the least amount of implants so they deserve a MOVEON.. no other class deserves themm.. expecially PSIs and PEs.. PEs are the second best class in the game.. they DONT need anything..

Omnituens
18-10-03, 14:06
Still spamming this idea Duder?

callash has told me epics rewards will be looked into, he just as alot on his plate atm.

icarium
18-10-03, 14:15
anything for a bit of variety

Neo LoneWolf
18-10-03, 15:42
Personally, Inever understood why the MOVEON was implemented as the mutant cousin of the Marine. I don't see the need for M-C or H-C on it (though it should be said, I am an advocate for H-C combat eyes and a range of H-C boosting brain chips).

Replace the M-C and H-C with +End and/or +Ath of some value, and make *all* the bonii of use to *everyone*.

Leebzie
18-10-03, 16:27
I think its a good point that the epic run reward should be good for all players.

Every factions reward should be adjustable to suit the players class.

QuantumDelta
18-10-03, 17:58
I'm still going to back this idea :p

it doesn't unbalance anything really, as for IMPs based on class?

PEs have about 5 VIABLE USEABLE Implants, the rest of the DEX/Non-requirement range (talking head chips here), gimps them when they use them.

Tanks have 5.

PSI Monks have 3? Depending on their class? .....3 whole implants.

PSI Core, DS, PPU3 / APU 3 and no one ever really knows what to put in the last slot. PPU2 / APU 2 normally gets the spot.

Almost every other PSI implant, is useless to the PPU and the APU. Hybrids are all but dead, and EXP PSI Controller Series is not for pure monks, at all....

To spies, this idea would help a little bit too, for a couple of reasons, I have a kick ass implant setup for a spy with this chip as well, sadly it doesn't work without it because of the EXP Bal STR Malus (unless you have SA.....).

Heh, there's absolutely no reason this should not be done...

Kasumi ~ Duder and a few others agreed this post would be made as many times every month or two until it's done :p

KramerTheWeird
18-10-03, 19:42
How many times have repeat ppu grievance posts been made? How many repeat ideas have you seen? Does reakktor listen to them all? Why would they want to implement such a thing like this that can have the potential to throw classes out of balance? Should it be that every weapon is obtainable without a sacrifice?

StryfeX
18-10-03, 19:43
Two words: hell yes.

Variety is good. Variety is VERY good. See the link in my sig, "I don't want to be a fuckin' cookie."

@Kasumi - Are you on crack or something? :wtf: Don't you remember when the M.O.V.E.O.N first came out it had monstrously good stats? Like +5 (or was it +6?) in both STR *and* CON? Don't tell me it isn't a mini-Marine, cause you're wrong.

--Stryfe

Omnituens
18-10-03, 19:54
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Hybrids are all but dead
I'm not dead yet.

I'm feeling better!

I FEEL HAPPY! I FEEL....

*SMACK*

:D

KramerTheWeird
18-10-03, 20:00
Moveon adds more health than marine can and adds one more in h-c, m-c and tra. It's not a minituarized version, it's a variant. Aside from DRE and PP, every faction has a variant based epic. Do we really need something like this? Why can't it be unique and give multiple functions, allow people to utilize other skills in their routine? Sure you coudl say adding more combat chips lets you use more combat weapons and such.. but you can already in the game, you have to sacrifice, which is good. Having a completely unique chip that could add a range of tradeskill bonuses, such as a dex specialized one (rec, rep, vhc) that could also add + main skills would help reduce the cookie cutter situation much more than just one additional combat chip amongst the dozens that are availble.

StryfeX, please don't say that about kasumi, she's arguing her point, no need to resort to calling her that.

Opar
18-10-03, 23:05
I love it. I do i do, i do! We all want to be mroe uberer, and KK gotta keep their customers happy, right?

5 stars

Omnituens
18-10-03, 23:34
Also check out this thread, I sent a link to this thread to Callash to help it get noticed:

LOOKIE HERE OR I'LL BEAT YOU WITH A BROOM! (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77478)

please dont post there, old topic.

since i was the thread starter, i'd like the old thread (the one i just linked to) closed so people cant bump it.

Like i said before, Callash said he'll look into it, but he's got alot on his plate atm.