PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been 3 Months since the GenReps have been Locked Down....

Spoon
17-10-03, 20:52
Where the hell are the new public GenReps??!?!?!?!?111

Apparently, KK is unconcerned over losing customers to their cheap-ass timesinks.....:rolleyes:

The Final Straw for Some People (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=353)

I find it ridiculous, to have to spend an hour or so, running to a place to hunt, when I may only have a couple of hours to play per night......:rolleyes:

Zanathos
17-10-03, 20:54
If you take that long to run from 1 point to another in the neocron world, maybe you should boost your run speed.

My tank can run from Neocron to MB in about 10-15 minutes.

Jest
17-10-03, 20:56
I personally was really pushing for the GeneRep rules currently in place, but I was pushing for them under the assumption that new GenReps would be added (and that CRP didn't count as an op GR). Hard to believe that was 3 months ago. Making public genereps seriously needs to become priority number one now I think. (As far as content is concerned).

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 20:56
Originally posted by Spoon
Where the hell are the new public GenReps??!?!?!?!?111

Apparently, KK is unconcerned over losing customers to their cheap-ass timesinks.....:rolleyes:

The Final Straw for Some People (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=353)

I find it ridiculous, to have to spend an hour or so, running to a place to hunt, when I may only have a couple of hours to play per night......:rolleyes:

yea...while that patch did have some good things in it, it is probably the most hated patch for me...

that locked GR thing is bullshit, and doesnt change a mother fucking thing about OP wars.

if a clan wants an OP, they are going to take it...its as simple as that. whether or not they would GR straight there, run from 5 zones away, or wait untill the onwing clan has 2 people online and ninja hack it.

its a pointless feature.

Shadow Dancer
17-10-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Jest
I personally was really pushing for the GeneRep rules currently in place, but I was pushing for them under the assumption that new GenReps would be added (and that CRP didn't count as an op GR). Hard to believe that was 3 months ago. Making public genereps seriously needs to become priority number one now I think. (As far as content is concerned).

EXACTLY. I was only in favor of it because they promised new ASGS and new genreps.

I'm so tired of this "locked down" bullshit, 99% of the selfish bastards in this game lock the damn op down.

Zanathos
17-10-03, 21:01
I will admit, i keep my leveling around MB Neocron and El Farid. I dont venture out anywhere else as any other good place is close to a usually locked GR.

Barar
17-10-03, 21:22
The Generep rule is awful

Change it to ban certain clans or somet jeez

StrongSad
17-10-03, 21:33
The lockdown thing is terrible. If a clan wants to take an op they arent going to directly GR there....so whats the point of having this is the first place??

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 21:37
Originally posted by StrongSad
The lockdown thing is terrible. If a clan wants to take an op they arent going to directly GR there....so whats the point of having this is the first place??

OMG0RZ HAX.

this is what im trying to say...its really pointless...

Ikon
17-10-03, 21:39
you people are fucking lazy. it takes like 10 minutes to run across half of the map. OMG TEN MINUTES!

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 21:43
Originally posted by Ikon
you people are fucking lazy. it takes like 10 minutes to run across half of the map. OMG TEN MINUTES!

yea...10 mins id rather spend having fun, not trying to dodge the NPC's/mobs.

half the time when the GR to where i wanna go i locked i insta-log..and im not alone on that.

Shadow Dancer
17-10-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Barar
The Generep rule is awful

Change it to ban certain clans or somet jeez

yes why can't they just do that?

Judge
17-10-03, 21:50
lol shadow...

Anyway I was neutral towards the change so long as they added in new ASGs (which I was in favour of, as a biker) and new genreps.

Thing is that neither have been implemented in the two patches (I think) since that decision has been made. I mean there was that new ASG next to the neocron gates ffs... so I don't see what would be so hard about adding in some new ASGs and Genreps around the world, so it must be that KK want it this way.

Spoon
17-10-03, 21:51

10 minutes?, heh, it takes me around 20 seconds to sync into a zone sometimes, you do the math.....
Besides not all characters have uber ATH/AGL or Resists for that matter.....

When it comes to playing Neocron, I'm far from being fucking lazy.....

kthx..

LTA
17-10-03, 21:51

Takes my chars about 2/3 mins a zone.....Considering my main leveling spot is roughly 5 zones away from a public gr thats like15 mins of game gone just getting to a leveling spot... 15 mins!! Everytime i die or bug out and end up elsewhere i have to re run it all adds to wasted time doing feck all bar running :/

___T-X____
17-10-03, 21:56
I play a MMORPG to maximise the interactivity that my personally and character takes. The GR rule takes away from this. I use to make many a friend exploring unpopulated Zones like Regants Swamp caves etc.

if the GR rule was changed back i would re-subsribe my prior main account.

Rieper
17-10-03, 22:08
To run across the map may take only 10 minutes... but its 10 minutes spent holding down forward, or pressing the autorun button and then maybe dodging a couple of mobs...

wtf? why is KK trying to bore me?

ronaz
17-10-03, 22:11
Hear Hear all of you ('cept the few calling us lazy gits of course).

The darn GR's need to be fixed or new public ones need to be added.

(considering how long it takes to fix up non functional ones, El Farid for instance, I'm not counting on that happening anytime soon.)

Ikon
17-10-03, 22:13
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KK YOU ARE NO FUN! IT MINIMIZES MY INTERACTIVITY AND MY FUN METER IS LOW!!

I have never seen bigger cry-babies in my entire life.

ronaz
17-10-03, 22:18
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH KK YOU ARE NO FUN! IT MINIMIZES MY INTERACTIVITY AND MY FUN METER IS LOW!!

I have never seen bigger cry-babies in my entire life.

I like you Ikon, you are adding to this thread in such a constructive manner :rolleyes:

:angel:

___T-X____
17-10-03, 22:19

and I pay my Dole money for what ? to show u my 4 slot CS, 5 slot shiney Moonraper...go cap and come back son

Spoon
17-10-03, 22:20
Has anyone ever noticed that there are 5 GR's in the Outzone alone, but in the whole Wastelands there's only 5 public GR's(not including MB,TH and TG).....
Two of those GR's are within a couple of zones of NC(ie; they're almost worthless), two of them are in the northern part of the world, and one is controlled by an OP(CRP)....WTF?

I would love to hear a official responce from KK, about the status of the promised "new" GR's....

Ikon
17-10-03, 22:29
haha :D

Seven
18-10-03, 00:50

It's impossible to be a lazy person and play Neocron. o_O

Nexxy
18-10-03, 00:55
its would only take 2 or 3 new GRs to sort all the problems out.

Need em at -

Battledome
Race track
and maybe somewhere near tescom...

Whiety Bulger
18-10-03, 00:55
get a hovertek

DarkPhoenix
18-10-03, 01:28
Not many people can spare the points to put in more ath/agi or vhc. Not many people want to spend time lomming. Not many poeple want to spend 100k odd nc just to get across the map when they have a gr near where they want to go.

We are not lazy becuase we want to get some place fast nor do we want to waste time walking somewhere across the map. It is boring as hell because we have seen it SO many times.

Stop calling us lazy and contribute something constructive to the point at hand please.

Keiron
18-10-03, 01:37
The promised GR's are up there with Hacknet and Mechs. :rolleyes:

StrongSad
18-10-03, 03:51
I still dont get something. KK is going to add public GRs to fill in the huge gaps that exist.....therefore making it easy to run to any point in Neocron/Wastelands no matter where you are. So wont that defeat the purpose of being able to lock GRs so people CANT easily access a certain area?

That could be a reason for not adding in more public GRs......and if that is the reason, then KK needs a brain doctor badly.

Birkoff
18-10-03, 04:09
Where exactly can't you get to??

If there is a certain zone u want to get to then put the ffort in, other than that i cant see a problem :/

Id i want to go MC5 there is escador oasis... WBs MB or TH :/ Fire mobs theres TG or el faid..... All with lots of good zones. If your that concered get in a clan that owns OPS. Dark own about.. on average and only 1 i go to is Dev and thats to get to CRP to res usually .

Maybe just me....

kthx

SypH
18-10-03, 04:53
The only time I will willingly run across the entire map is when I am taking a nub character from either NC to MB or the other way around. An extra public GR or two wouldnt hurt. I mean, the only public GR (not counting TH base) between the 2 locations is Crest Village and its right on NC's doorstep anyways!

Lareolan
18-10-03, 08:58
Originally posted by Birkoff
Where exactly can't you get to??

If there is a certain zone u want to get to then put the ffort in, other than that i cant see a problem :/

Id i want to go MC5 there is escador oasis... WBs MB or TH :/ Fire mobs theres TG or el faid..... All with lots of good zones. If your that concered get in a clan that owns OPS. Dark own about.. on average and only 1 i go to is Dev and thats to get to CRP to res usually .

Maybe just me....

kthx

Oh how wonderfully uninformed of a suggestion. Maybe everyone shouldn't be an idiot and just join the big clans? Then we won't need to waste all this time with clans, we'll just have the CA clan, the TG clan and the TT clan... Maybe an FA clan, but not all that many people play FA... Crahn is popular, but not on all servers so make sure you know what are the big factions on your server. Anyone playing BD or BT should just find themselves 300k and switch to a more popular faction... Gee! A great idea to totally kill the game there. (All the stuff above was very sarcastic by the way.)

Also, when I was playing, I was in Tangent an I enjoyed running my own little one-man tradeskill clan. I like it for the RP it provided even if no one else cared about it. I liked running "Apple Technologies inc."! So just because I wanted to find some RP in this mmoRPg, I should be penalized by:

A) Being TT not being able to GR to TH

B) Being a pure tradeskiller not being able to hunt at MB (WBs aren't all that difficult to kill, but what's the point of killing them if I can't waste the int on hacking skill?)

C) I can't go to El Farid due to being unable to use AoE weapons or take a lot of fire damage from multiple sources at once. (Spies aren't good in closed quarters).

D) The only place that IS close-quarters but still playable by decent spies, the CRP cave (simply due to there always being teams there) is locked to me now not only due to rampant TG/FA PK'ers but now also due to GR rules.

E) All other GRs anywhere being locked down (at least on Uranus) for all CA-allied factions due to a single big conglomerate of German players and their allies controlling 60-70% of the OPs on the server.

So what was the point of that? Since the new GR rules I have not gone hunting once and when my account expired, I canceled my account. The GRs weren't the only reason, there were plenty of others, but along the many others the fact that I was permanently stuck in NC didn't help things at all.

Or am I wrong here?

Edit: Oh yeah. And we were promised additional GRs and ASGs BY KK when the new GR rules were announced. So where are those GRs and ASGs?

Leebzie
18-10-03, 10:14
Ive made a lot of neutral posts trying not to start arguing with anybody...

ARHGHGGGH CHANGE THE GR'S BACK !!!! THE CHANGE SUCKS !!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
-This never really was as bad as it is now. I havent has as stronger feelings on this until I made my new char on another server. Its just so irritating. I couldnt really appreciate how annoying this was on my capped PE.

I feel this change is extrmely unfreindly for n00b's, and every day the server numbers seem to lower.

A good timesink is a good thing. a good timesink you can play for an hour and feel...'wow ! that was really an hour ?? that felt like ten minutes !!!' not ':wtf: Only one hour !! arhghg I feel like ive been doing this forever' Good timesinks I would encourage. This is an apalling one.

*the GR change i did agree with was clans respawning underground.

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 10:59
GR solution

they just like watching us stand in front of the GRs in plaza1 for 20 mins, whiles we look at the new pretty coloured map desperately trying to find an open GR

you can decide to LOM a few points into VHC and spend 80k or more on a car, then drive all the way to CRP thinking, fwe i made it all the way without a doy bot killing me, then you realize you have to park your brand new car out front someware and some Bi*ch is going to dent it
then you die somehow and have the choice of waiting 30 mins dead on the ground for a PPU to find you, or GR back to NC, get imped, BUY A NEW CAR cuz your old one is still parked outside CRP or has probly been distroyed (nice park job), then drive all the way back

or you can run, this is only a good option for high lvl characters.
running to the MB from NC is easy, but for a spys (even a caped spy) its hard to run to somewhere like tescom, stealth didnt work for me, you still get shot by stuff

or you can try and chang factions, ive changed to BioTec and Chran thinking they are frendly or neutral with the major OP holders, but all the GRs are set on "no pimps allowed", that cost me 600k and 3+ hours to do missions

the only way around this "For me", is to use public GRs like TG/TH/MB

maby the GR rules should only apply to Clans, cuz from my point of view the rules were implemented to make it harder to take OPs,
and not to make it harder to play the game ?

the promised GR's are as real as HackNet or DOY

Magnazan
18-10-03, 11:00
Whine whine whine - Get some skills and hack the ops. Or listen to what Ste-X has to say below

Pi-Oh-Pah
18-10-03, 12:00
The truth of it is - we were not given what we were promised.

:mad:

Anyone who played JG on US can see where this game seems to be going

o_O

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 12:47
Originally posted by Magnazan
Whine whine whine - Get some skills and hack the ops. Or listen to what Ste-X has to say below

are you suggesting i start my own clan and hack all the OPs on the map ?
or even better, lets ALL join one big clan or faction ?

i dont see why the rules should effect clanless runners, they dont hack OPs ?

anyone know if HackNet is still comeing ?

Lethys
18-10-03, 12:57
HackNet will be 3 new hackable boxes in NC sewers containing computer junk :rolleyes:

You heard it here first
:D

Genty
18-10-03, 13:18
hmm, here is a thought, why not remove the current GR rules however when someone GR's into your OP the clan gets a message of "XX has just GR'ed Into XX" so that the clan are notified for that persons presence, if they are a known enemy they can go and kill them, if not, they can let them go.

Also, if you think that the messages may be annoying for popular areas then maybe you can use the current settings to say which faction's you want this broadcasted for. So only enemy factions that GR in get reported.

Birkoff
18-10-03, 13:28
You can get n e where on the map is 5-10 minutes from neutral GRs as it is... ok maybe 1 or 2 maybe needed and it was promised but hell i dont see a problem.

And Lareolan i don't think u read my post *heh*

kthx :D

Magnazan
18-10-03, 13:33
Originally posted by Devils Thrill
are you suggesting i start my own clan and hack all the OPs on the map ?
or even better, lets ALL join one big clan or faction ?

i dont see why the rules should effect clanless runners, they dont hack OPs ?

Tough your loss in my opinion. If you don't want to help fight for the right then you should stay in Plaza and trade.

icarium
18-10-03, 14:12
Tough your loss in my opinion. If you don't want to help fight for the right then you should stay in Plaza and trade.

your such a ruff tuff man ste =)

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 14:18

now your suggesting that the game is only for Clans who do OP fights ?
are clanless runners not part of the game anymore
if so then why dont KK force you to choose a Clan in the same way you choose your Faction, or do away with clans and just have Faction VS Faction, or even better just have 2 factions
this is similar to your first suggestion !, which i explained was dum
there is more than one aspect to the game, not just OPs and Clans
and there is a trillion clans, 99% of them are weak with only 10-15 members
also the GR rules still has'nt prevented Ninja hacking

its ok for some ppl like TG, who can go almost everywhere on the map, the only place they are not welcomed is at the MB, but they can still use the MBs GR
pluss the main reason to go to the MB is for WBs, or to do a PK run

eventually everyone will become TG, because its the only way to travle

Edit: almost forgot bout Venture Warp, thats a nice way to travel

Ren
18-10-03, 14:31
ONOZ... i loose 15 mins of playing time to reach my hunting zone!...... woopy fucking dooo...... Lets call the President, we have an International emergency

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 14:39
ONOZ... i loose 15 mins of playing time to reach my hunting zone!...... woopy fucking dooo...... Lets call the President, we have an International emergency

as i explained earlier, 10 or 15 mins is ok
but 10 to 15 mins everytime you die, pluss the car you used to get there, and your belt?

running to Tescome once is ok, but 4 or 5 times a night ?

plz read my earlier message
you must be TG

Doc Holliday
18-10-03, 15:00
jesus christ theres some pricks on these forums of late. the gr rules suck they need to make new ones in game to allow better access to aid op fights. what happens if at an op fight u die and your force is beaten ( ppu inc so no rez ) and u all have to rally. u gonna do it in plaza 1? If there arent any grs public or other wise u are fucked. so make some constructive suggestions on here people. Lets not all try and roleplay morons on the boards like we do in game shall we..............

;)

El Barto
18-10-03, 15:05
I like it better with GR lock down, every where I hun any way I can get to (and no my clan does not hold nearly all of the OPs on the map). It is alot better this way giving clans the choise to leave it open for runners, or lock them down so it will be more secure.

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 15:10
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
jesus christ theres some pricks on these forums of late. the gr rules suck they need to make new ones in game to allow better access to aid op fights. what happens if at an op fight u die and your force is beaten ( ppu inc so no rez ) and u all have to rally. u gonna do it in plaza 1? If there arent any grs public or other wise u are fucked. so make some constructive suggestions on here people. Lets not all try and roleplay morons on the boards like we do in game shall we..............
;)

i think the GR rules is ment to slow down OP fights ?
to stop ppl from hacking an OP every 5 mins, and ninja hacking
there was alot of Nerf threads on the fourm bout that

my "constructive suggestion" is to make it so that clanless runners can travel

Leebzie
18-10-03, 16:20
To use the wastelands GR's you pretty much must be in a Superclan (those clans with very large numbers of runners, with the ability to hack and hold multiple op's, and a colossal budget)

It sounds a start but being able to use GR's as you like if you are unclanned is just going to kill off clans, especially small ones.

I have a lot of neocron playing time, but I still think its a useless waste of time just running here there and everywhere.

Though it might have been nicer if it had , these new GR settings have not improved the useage of vehicles.

Public GR's just arent going to come soon enough. and how could they possibly give the coverage op GR's do ???

The 100% 'Easiest' Solution : Bring them back to how they were

I know that some people didnt feel it was quite right either, but at least it wasn't as incredibly annoying as it is now for such a majority of peole. We could concentrate more on how they should be once they are reset, but it is very important these GR changes are undone for now, because they just arent working, and they are putting many people off the game.

Shakari
18-10-03, 16:28
Originally posted by Zanathos
If you take that long to run from 1 point to another in the neocron world, maybe you should boost your run speed.

My tank can run from Neocron to MB in about 10-15 minutes.

maybe if you thought about it before opening your mouth you'd realise he is right, and has nothing to do with run speed

KRIMINAL99
18-10-03, 16:38
There is a public gr at cycrow. That has the highest level mobs in it... You run there once, activate it and wallaa. There you can hunt the fire mobs and the cave mobs, and in the cave ppl lose sl for killing you. There are mid level hunting grouds for ever faction except TG. There is also a genrep in one of the two oasis'es where mid to high level mobs are. You can run to any of these places and hunt. If you want to hunt anywhere else, maybe you should join a clan that has some OP's. What is the problem with the locked genreps?

Devils Thrill
18-10-03, 16:50
It sounds a start but being able to use GR's as you like if you are unclanned is just going to kill off clans, especially small ones.

i agree that alowing Clanless runners more access might kill off small clans
but the way things are now, its killing of factions, and Players

and the new GR rules has inproved the use of vehicles
there is 3 or 4 cars parked outside CRP sometimes
of course they get distroyed or dented unless its an epic car
and when i was out searching for Kamiz, i see lots of other reckless drivers

i think the ppl who disagree with me, are the ppl who dont have to run/drive to tescome or CRP 4 or 5 times in one night !

Spex
18-10-03, 17:18
I wonder why KK introduced the synaptic impairment for GRing ...

Leebzie
18-10-03, 17:19
8| wow. I havent seen an increase at all of vehicles. then again since the nerf , I havent been visiting the wastelands as much.

About joining clans for thier OP's... that isnt right, that gives one/two clans per server all the pulling power from GR's...

It just isnt any fun this change...

good changes wouldnt get a forum thread like this. Everyone just ends up getting really pissed with each other, and we'll still have the fecked GR's...

Pi-Oh-Pah
18-10-03, 17:53
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
There is a public gr at cycrow.

No there is not - the CRP one is goverened by the Clan in possesion of Cycrow.

Any GR in a warzone is linked with the controlling OP.

Matthew.v.smith
18-10-03, 19:08
TBH this Genrepping stuff doesent bother me in the slightest.

If i die i just Drive or Run back to my stuff (takes about 5 mins) or i GR to a GR that is Closest to the place im running to.

At least it allows clans to protect their OPs to some extent

(and if it bothers u that much "info" "outposts" "DM" etc etc)

Matty.:angel:

enablerbr
18-10-03, 19:18
well i agree that KK should keep to the promise of more public GRs. though the lock changes haven't bothered me, even with newb chars. i happen to like runing in the wastelands between spots fighting or avoiding mobs on the way.
an alternative could be to make the current venture warp different. perhaps KK could make it not a random device but give it a list of non OP zones for you to choose from instead. doesn't have to be a big list but a varied loccations.

ichinin
18-10-03, 19:47
Driving around wouldnt be a problem if vehicles would dismiss when you pressed the "dismiss" button, AND would not randomly crash when you leave/enter a new zone OR not dissapear leaving you sitting in the air in the new zone OR not making you watch nothing because you, the vehicle and the world disapeared.

Lareolan
19-10-03, 04:51
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
The truth of it is - we were not given what we were promised.

:mad:

Anyone who played JG on US can see where this game seems to be going

o_O

Sorry to ask, but what's JG?

Spoon
19-10-03, 06:32
OK kids, here's the deal...

This all started a couple of days ago when I went back to Uranus to level an APU I have there...

Went out into the Wastes tagging GR's, only to find out I couldn't use any of them..
You see, if your a Tangent on Uranus, the entire wastelands is locked down for you, 3 or 4 clans control the map(TG, TS and Crahn, I think).
I don't play on Uranus enough to try to rally TT to take some OP's, obiviously, they aren't strong enough to, or they would have already done so...
So I'm either going to have to fork over 300k to switch factions or spec for vehicles, neither idea I'm crazy about....

I like enablerbrs' idea about changing Venture Warp...

***Note to KK/GM's/Mods***
I would like to apologize for the thread I started last night after I found out about El Farid's GR not working.
I thought it was fixed, I didn't realize that I had read that on the Test Server patch notes, not a retail hotfix.
So, sorry, I was way out of line....

Alex Mars
19-10-03, 06:37
I joined the game after the GR changes went in, what motivated them and what were they supposed to accomplish? Please spare me illiterate idiot-venom-spew on the topic and just give me the facts, please.

Shadow Dancer
19-10-03, 10:16
Originally posted by Alex Mars
I joined the game after the GR changes went in, what motivated them and what were they supposed to accomplish? Please spare me illiterate idiot-venom-spew on the topic and just give me the facts, please.

Previously you could GR anywhere at anytime. I think some people complained also about ops not being useful or something like that. Let me rephrase, there wasn't enough meaning in holding an op.

THen KK made a test server patch. It said that Op owners will not control GR access, and that several new GRs and ASGs would be added.

Well we're still waiting for the new grs and asgs. :rolleyes: That's the only reason I was in favor of the idea. I specifically remember alot of people saying "as long as new grs and asgs are added" etc...

bah

Ascension
19-10-03, 11:07
Gr lock downs like this?

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/53398shot0062.JPG

Yeah They just ninja'd em all:mad:

al to use now is the public GR's Least some Ops where Open:rolleyes:

Devils Thrill
19-10-03, 11:14
perfect

lets all go join TG !

Edit: nice map, did you add all the red dots yourself, or can i download it from a websit somewhare

Pi-Oh-Pah
19-10-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Lareolan
Sorry to ask, but what's JG?

Jumpgate is a MMORPG sort of like Elite that made people wait FAR too long for a massive patch similar in expectation to DOY.

I cant remember how long we waited but it as in excess of 9 months and then about half the things that should have been it it were not.

Ascension
19-10-03, 11:42
http://neocron.ems.ru/b1.gifhttp://neocron.ems.ru/b2.gif

If You want to have nice world map in game, then make the next steps:

Create path ./language/eng/gfx/maps in your neocron directory (or ./language/ger/gfx/maps for german version)
Download this file (http://neocron.ems.ru/pak_terrain_1024.bmp) (~300Kb) into created directory. Don't click this link, use menu "save target as..." instead!
Start neocron and press F9 / "World map"
If the map is not pleasant, simply remove this file and old map will be automatically restored.

Attention: this map works only with 1024x768 game screen resolution.

Alex Mars
19-10-03, 12:02
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Previously you could GR anywhere at anytime. I think some people complained also about ops not being useful or something like that. Let me rephrase, there wasn't enough meaning in holding an op.

THen KK made a test server patch. It said that Op owners will not control GR access, and that several new GRs and ASGs would be added.

Well we're still waiting for the new grs and asgs. :rolleyes: That's the only reason I was in favor of the idea. I specifically remember alot of people saying "as long as new grs and asgs are added" etc...

bah

Where would they put the new GRs? In those empty buildings and towers I've seen?

It should have been obvious that the GRs would be controlled by a few outfits. Hell, I just drive everywhere, it doesn't take that long to cross the world.

As to the delay, I know that 3 months is annoying but in a MMOG time frame it's not unreasonable. You see delays worse than this in MMOGs that have more staff and better funding.

I don't particularly like the state that NC is in but given the realities of Reakktors current situation I am pleasantly surprised when they manage to get a patch out at all.

Rizzy
19-10-03, 12:24
Yeah They just ninja'd em all

Not quite, I spent all of last night fighting tangents to get their outposts. That left us with just the citymerc ones to get and I logged off leaving it at that. So what hapened with them ops I have no idea about.

Stigmata
19-10-03, 12:43
wow map looks nice today :D

gotta love the ability to get around when TG hold the OP's

Andy

Ascension
19-10-03, 15:28
Looks nice:lol: Piss yellow:confused: well if ya say so..

Anyone like ma new sig?;)

Leebzie
19-10-03, 15:37
Its not so much the fact i have to spend time doing somethnig to get back to where I died/want to go. Its the fact running anywhere is monotonous , even with the autorun.

*todays crazy sleep deprived idea*

Allow your char to autorun to a location/sector...:D

StrongSad
20-10-03, 05:02
I dont know about some people.....but I love spending half of 1/4 of my NC play time just running from here to there. Its just so damn exciting. If I had my way...I would make an MMO game where all you do is run, and nothing else.

Oh wait, I forgot......there already is a game like that. Its called Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. Happy day!!!

PS- IF you didnt sense my obvious sarcasim, your a moron. ;)

Richard Slade
20-10-03, 11:21
Originally posted by Ascention
Anyone like ma new sig?;)

Yeah it's lovely. Now it really show's ur just another monkey among
so many. Great :p

Anyways I kinda like that TG keep taking the GRs
They're terrorists damnit
And Saturn really got some bad ass fighting going nowadays
geez.

20-10-03, 12:13
While I agree that the lock down is a pain in lieu of not having more public GR's but I will point out that alot of people wanted vehicles to be made more important (i.e. given a 'use' or 'point')

Personally I'd have preferred that KK had made Venture Warp work as advertised. That way the GRs could have been left locked down (hell move the whole thing underground) and Venture warp stations placed where a public access point was justifed. So you'd be looking at 1 in every zone with an outpost (but not in the outpost) plus places like the racetrack and battledome etc.

I will say though that I personally agree that vehicles needed to be made more used, but this may not have been the best way to achieve it

Lareolan
20-10-03, 12:24
Originally posted by 5150
While I agree that the lock down is a pain in lieu of not having more public GR's but I will point out that alot of people wanted vehicles to be made more important (i.e. given a 'use' or 'point')

Personally I'd have preferred that KK had made Venture Warp work as advertised. That way the GRs could have been left locked down (hell move the whole thing underground) and Venture warp stations placed where a public access point was justifed. So you'd be looking at 1 in every zone with an outpost (but not in the outpost) plus places like the racetrack and battledome etc.

I will say though that I personally agree that vehicles needed to be made more used, but this may not have been the best way to achieve it

Might have been good if they had also bothered to fix their code that makes vehicles useless as you hardly ever reach your destination in your vehicle (Having your vehicle stuck in synch for 30 mins outside any particular zone is my favorite. Because you HAVE to go on foot or wait for 30 mins for it to get back to ASG).
There's plenty of other synch/crash related bugs that make multi-zoning modes of transportation totally unreliable and plainly a pain in the ass.

Spoon
20-10-03, 18:35
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Where would they put the new GRs? In those empty buildings and towers I've seen?

Most likely they'll put one in I_16 there they put the new ASG, there's a concrete bunker in the cliffline near it....
To me, it's in the middle of nowhere...
The nearest public GR to it, is at Escador Oasis.

They'll probably put one at the Desert racetrack too...

And I'm also thinking I read on the Test Server forum that the Battle dome was going to get one along with venders, ASG and a gogo.
The Battledome got a makeover, but never got any venders or a gogo, I'm not 100% positive about it, tho...

Personally, I'd like to see a public GR and a gogo in F_08(at the abandoned house) or at Blackmist Garbage dump, it's in the middle of the map....

Marx
20-10-03, 18:57
I say put a GR in each village in the wastes, put vendors and stuff there to give the sensation of it being alive.

Grants people access to pretty much everywhere, and adds to the atmosphere.