PDA

View Full Version : Constructing

enigma_b17
17-10-03, 19:51
rite i have a constructor whos almost capped withabout 210 cst skill. I have made about 30 rare weapons, and max slots i ave is 4. Dex and intell are both high 90s. I have a m8 who built a 5 slot antipoison sanctum, and a 3 slot holy catharsis sanctum and he has 30 or so intell and aboutr 70 dex with drugs. He gets a total of about 130 cst and he can build rares like that. Its stupid. How in gods name does lower stats = more slots

Rizzy
17-10-03, 19:57
It is random.

enigma_b17
17-10-03, 19:58
i know that rizzy, but surely the higher the cst skill the better the chance of slots and the better the stats no?

Zanathos
17-10-03, 20:00
Slots are random..........

And BTW, You dont need more than 150 Construction. As at that Level and with high dex and int, you'll get 94 on stats for all non rare weapons all the time and awsome stats on rare weapons.

All you get at higher levels is faster constructing speed... I think.

As well, my clanmates constructor has 149 Construction and he makes all non rares at 94% and rares at around 105% to 120% on their stats. He has less int and dex than you probably.

WithSlitWrists
17-10-03, 20:12
Originally posted by enigma_b17
i know that rizzy, but surely the higher the cst skill the better the chance of slots and the better the stats no?

exactly what he told you and what you just said...yes you will have a better chance, but what it all boils down to is that yes it is a chance.

Sorin
17-10-03, 20:30
Higher construction skill also means less of a chance of failure. It may not sound all that important at first, but when you constantly build very high TL items day in and day out, failures in construction, which can destroy blueprints, are frustrating because of the high resource cost of researching things at TLs that high.

Zanathos
17-10-03, 20:40
Alright.........

Quality of tool doesnt matter. At max int and dex, you dont need more than 150 const skill.

SLOTS ARE RANDOM, once you cap construction skill on your char, slot skill chance does not increase, meaning if you make outstanding or cool quality items (Depending on TL of item, or if its rare or not) you will have the same chance to get slots on an item no matter how many points you pour into construction.

Making more than 1 of an item at a constructor DOES NOT INCREASE SLOT CHANCE. Some people think that is possible, but its not. Example, I gave my friend 10 Mendicant SMG's to build. 3 were no slots, 4 were 1 slot, 2 were 2 slot, and 1 was 3 slot.

TL of the item does not matter as well. A tl 150 constructor will not have a better chance on slots for a TL 5 item then a TL 175 Constructor.

Going to outposts or buffing yourself will not increase slot chance.

The only incentive to raising your construction skill above 150 (The cap is lower than that though) is you construct faster and have a less chance of failing or breaking any items.

Anything else I didnt clarify?

Spoon
18-10-03, 00:37
Yeah, it's frickin stupid about the random slot crap.......

KK introduces specialization to skills, but what's the point if slots are random.....

It's fucking ignorant as hell.........