PDA

View Full Version : The Terminator....(I mean the NC gun not the movie :) )

StrongSad
17-10-03, 03:57
I knew pretty much nothing about this gun except for the fact that I will need a strange book to get it.

Anyone have any other info on it?

Keiron
17-10-03, 04:03
Rare shotgun, does stacks and the special book run ends with you getting parts (all parts, but not assembled) Not a pre-build gun.

ZoneVortex
17-10-03, 06:00
Should add: I can't see how books could possibly be dropping....

I did like, 10 chaos cave runs today, got queen loot, no books...

Killed atleast 5 chasers, no books...

Killed atleast 10-15 doomreapers....no books....

killed about 5 terror leapers....no books....

killed 3-5 grim persies....no books....

I do that about every day, and I haven't seen a book...

Keiron
17-10-03, 06:04
I havn't heard of a single perosn getting a special book either. I think their drop may be bugged atm, I mean I would expect someone would have gotten one by now. Maybe I'm wrong thou and its just been people who don't have a fourm account and keep quiet about it.

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 06:20
since they were suppose to be "added" i havnt seen/heard of ANYONE getting one.

i have personally gopt loot on the queen, since the patch, atleast 20 times, ive done the run with friends who wouldnt lie to me about not getting it atleast 50.

ive killed probably 70 or so *** mobs since it was suppose to be "put in"

all the GM's and shit say its in....and its suppose to be able to drop from any 3 star mob...but shit, i think its broke...either that or they are WAYYYYY WAYYY WAYYYY to rare.

and1guy
17-10-03, 07:16
One of my clan m8's danlee said he saw the book in a fire mob, but a grim killed him b4 he could take loot..

Kenjuten
17-10-03, 07:18
If the droprates are really what they said they are...be prepared to be lookin' for a long, long time.

Callash said they were very very low, I saw some statistics that were posted some time ago...yeah...that shit's dead rare.

I remember doing another game with similar droprates...be LUCKY if one QUARTER of the population there (4k people, about) had the items in question. And that's with the community killing stuff 48/7 (yes, I meant that. And no, it ain't Diablo II I'm talking about, although it's almost the same thing.)

Seriously, though, Neocron doesn't seem to be the game suited to low droprates such as what I've known in said earlier game.

And I damn hope this Terminator is worth all the trouble to get it (currently), I know the droprate'll be upped later, but...

It'll definately suck if:

1.) The first Terminators come out with no slots
2.) The Terminators won't be worth their rarity

Lanigav
17-10-03, 07:26
Yeah, Callash said the drop rate was ridiculously low, and that they'll be upping it quite a lot in a future patch (probably the next one).

Velvet
17-10-03, 09:53
But for once a really RARE weapon.
Cool way of implementing a new toy..

ericdraven
17-10-03, 09:56
But i don't understand why such a 0815 TL93 weapon will be the most rare item in the game... :lol:

I am not even eager to find it.. what for.. my spy can use weapons which are more than 20 TLs above. o_O

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-10-03, 10:02
Dont u want to look into a runners eyes from 10 feet away as you blow his mutha fuckin head off

*sorry got a little exited then :P *

ericdraven
17-10-03, 10:07
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Dont u want to look into a runners eyes from 10 feet away as you blow his mutha fuckin head off

The damage and especially the RoF will be probably so low that your own head will be blown off earlier... :p

Load_HeavyLoad
17-10-03, 10:23
So TL93 = Dex 93 Riight so that means a PE will be able to use it, So Pes Will want them spies will jsut go pfffh and kil lthem with SH before they can draw theyre lil pump :)

Pi-Oh-Pah
17-10-03, 10:31
Originally posted by ericdraven
The damage and especially the RoF will be probably so low that your own head will be blown off earlier... :p

ya but think of the few weeks of fun factor with it :)

If your close then thats 4 hits per shot - damage could rack up especially with phosphor mod

CrazyMan
17-10-03, 11:55
During last 4-5 days of play, was trying to get the book, no success so far, killed:

about 50 Grim Chasers
20-30 Grim persecs,
5 runs into chaos caves, all queen drops mine

and yes yes yes - not a single strane book, pffff.

this is getting annoying now, haven't seen anybody finding it, so I believe it's not in the game yet, or the drop rate is actually equalls to 0 :mad:

Jesterthegreat
17-10-03, 11:57
my RL friend has one....

HBK on Uranus has one (In DEATHROW)

:p

i dont care... i have no riflers lol

KramerTheWeird
17-10-03, 11:58
There is no Terminator. It was a California government conspiracy to make you think of arnold schwarzeneggar so you would vote for him at the elections. Just like TBS and TNT running total recall and terminator and every other damn arnold movie I can think of.

hajoan
17-10-03, 12:14
TL: DEX 89
Name:Terminator
R-C: 109
Mods: fl,sl,lp
Ammo: Shotgun Riot Rounds

Has the TL been changed?

Oath
17-10-03, 12:21
A vision of callash's home/office.

'Hehh pathetic mortals MUAHAHAHHA, Youll Never find a rare book, Gwagagagaghahah, they drop from ROACHES at a 1 : 1 billion ration MUGAGAGAGHAHHA'

Either that or somethings stopping them dropping, error in coding, human error? ir mebbe theyre simply NOT dropping.

Probably the later.

But nm,

PISTO SPYS PWN JOO!

WithSlitWrists
17-10-03, 12:27
nah i heard of a couple of people that have them...i don't see why it really matters all that much though...as i have said before. no one is going to use them for anything, but MAYBE hunting...so why is everyone so worried about finding one?

s0apy
17-10-03, 12:51
ya but think of the few weeks of fun factor with it :)

If your close then thats 4 hits per shot - damage could rack up especially with phosphor mod

not if you have it built with 0 slots. imagine the horror. the rarest silly-ass thing in the game (with the possible exception of FH2 - there are like, what, 5 of em on all servers combined after a year of retail) and when you get it made it comes out with 0 slots. oh well, you think, off to kill another 5000 doom harbingers.

aaaaaaaaargggggggggg.

also it occured to me that if you do this run, and the NPC gives you the parts, and before you can get safe you get ganked and drop one of the parts, what then? since they only come in complete sets, and if the gankee won't give it back, you've got 4 useless parts right there. and rarest useless parts in the game to boot. woot.

ericdraven
17-10-03, 13:21
Originally posted by s0apy
also it occured to me that if you do this run, and the NPC gives you the parts, and before you can get safe you get ganked and drop one of the parts, what then? since they only come in complete sets, and if the gankee won't give it back, you've got 4 useless parts right there. and rarest useless parts in the game to boot. woot.
You have to do the run with 4 friends, and after you got the 5 parts everyone gets one part and puts it into the safe-slot. :lol:

:p

Jesterthegreat
17-10-03, 13:38
it IS (or was?) dropping on uranus... ill tell you that for certain

and yes... pistol spies rule ^.^

cpl101
17-10-03, 18:25
Surely its out on the test server, can ne one who plays it on there enlighten us?

VVerevvolf
17-10-03, 19:29
I killed about 500 warbots in the last week.
No fucking book.
About 100 cave runs. No fucking book.

StrongSad
17-10-03, 21:23
Well so far it sounds like only 3 book have appeared and all on uranus.

Whoever has one on uranus and is reading this I would like to see it just to make sure I am not doing cave run after cave run for no reason.

My name is MorderFaust in game.... :)

Progenitor
17-10-03, 21:27
Originally posted by StrongSad
Well so far it sounds like only 3 book have appeared and all on uranus.

Whoever has one on uranus and is reading this I would like to see it just to make sure I am not doing cave run after cave run for no reason.

My name is MorderFaust in game.... :)

Heck - I just want to see a picture of what it looks like.

-p

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 21:41

LOL nice one:D

Nvidia
18-10-03, 01:47
Actually, the RoF on the shotguns is extremely high, go get one built by a constructor... I've seen a pic on a website of the Terminator (Not kidding, and the website was taken down by KK) and I think the RoF was above 200...

For any of you who may be wondering, it was the same website that had pics of the Kami chips, gamma bones, and the spy/pe PA before they were released on the live servers.

If the RoF is true... I think this could actually become too powerful for it's TL. We'll have to wait and see though.

KramerTheWeird
18-10-03, 01:58
RoF cap is 227/min.

That is 56.75 shots a minute. Almost unoticeably faster than a raygun rifle like Ray of God, or a capped Pain Easer.

Duder
18-10-03, 02:19
Originally posted by Velvet
But for once a really RARE weapon.
Cool way of implementing a new toy..

...keep on camping, theres finally a "rare" weapon that people will sit ours on hours and camp just to get a book to do a run that has probably not been implemented into the static world of Neocron. :rolleyes:

phat loooooot.

If i wanted to sit and camp for rare items id be playing Everquest, Diablo II or that MU Online game, guess what, they arnt fun! Maybe a few people who like to waste their time doing nothing but clicking a button mindlessly might enjoy it..

StrongSad
18-10-03, 03:39
A picture of it? Wont it look like all the other shotgun models? Or has KK actualy taken the effort to make a rare gun its own unique model.

*gasp*

Thats right folks. KK may have made a new model exclusively for a rare.

cpl101
18-10-03, 03:42
Hooray!

A thread with a bitchy comment!!! My god that a refreshing sight!!! AND its SO constuctive :D

StrongSad
18-10-03, 03:52
look whos talking!!!! ;) :o

Velvet
23-10-03, 09:59
Originally posted by Duder
...keep on camping, theres finally a "rare" weapon that people will sit ours on hours and camp just to get a book to do a run that has probably not been implemented into the static world of Neocron. :rolleyes:
phat loooooot.
If i wanted to sit and camp for rare items id be playing Everquest, Diablo II or that MU Online game, guess what, they arnt fun! Maybe a few people who like to waste their time doing nothing but clicking a button mindlessly might enjoy it..

Ahh...
Yes and no...
In my opinion not everyone should be able to lay his or her hands on every rare item available. There should be items in a limited quantity or for a short time.
But you`re right. Camping is a boring sport.