PDA

View Full Version : WEP bonus on SF and SA CPUs... A Little Low?

StryfeX
17-10-03, 00:14
Is it just me, or is the weapon lore bonus on these two CPUs a little...low?

Personally, I'd like to see an increase on the WEP bonus to either +15 for the SF and SA, or +20 for the SF and SA.

What's your opinion on it?

--Stryfe

QuantumDelta
17-10-03, 00:35
TBH, being a pistoler, I don't care, however it might give rifles a helping hand, +15 is "standard" I think :p

Barak
17-10-03, 00:51
+20 whould be nice but id be happy with +15 whould make having a lil tradeskillin' for a RCPE

StryfeX
17-10-03, 01:08
Now that I think about it, I'd really like to have the CPUs give +20 simply because they're supposed to be really good imps, not to mention fairly hard to come by, esp. the SA. It would be a nice bonus for finally managing to get one or the other.

--Stryfe

lullysing
17-10-03, 01:14
Most imps that have absolutly no side effect and nothing but bonuses are VERY good imps in my good.

Spy<VS>Spy
17-10-03, 01:17
hey you can NEVER have to much weapons lore, jack those bitches up.

BombShell
17-10-03, 04:57
nah i think it needs more r-c or p-c :)

hose187
17-10-03, 05:17
Although I certainly wouldn't bitch if it was raised, that's the right amount of WEP. Maybe SA should give 15, but not SF. I think distance and targeting 3 are the only 15 WEP imps, and SF/SA are still far better than those 2.

Going pure combat, you should have plenty of WEP to cap aim and range on rifles (maybe not PE's). A pure combat spy would have over 200 WEP with imps. The only ones that would need it are tradeskillers, and KK's doing different things to help tradeskillers (machinas, OP bonuses to all).

SorkZmok
17-10-03, 06:56
Originally posted by StryfeX
Now that I think about it, I'd really like to have the CPUs give +20 simply because they're supposed to be really good imps, not to mention fairly hard to come by, esp. the SA. It would be a nice bonus for finally managing to get one or the other.

--Stryfe

They already have no downsides, so i think the +10 are fine.
i've got no problems capping aiming with my rifle spy and he can also hack and got 75+ psu. And that after i lommed away about 120 RES way too late and now got about 60 million less xp in int than i got in dex. bah o_O

Also if that would happen tanks would start screaming "GIVE TEH MARIEN CPU +WEP TOO!!11111" :D :D

Rizzy
17-10-03, 09:34
I think there should be a bigger difference between SA and SF. Maybe up the subskills on SA, or just the weaponlore.

ericdraven
17-10-03, 09:37
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Also if that would happen tanks would start screaming "GIVE TEH MARIEN CPU +WEP TOO!!11111" :D :D
And monks would like to have more PSU then...
And tradeskillers more CST/RES maybe?

and so on... :)

StryfeX
17-10-03, 16:00
Originally posted by ericdraven
And monks would like to have more PSU then...
And tradeskillers more CST/RES maybe?

and so on... :) Monks already get more PSU. They (correct me if I'm wrong) already have a +15 bonus to PSU on the PSI Core and DS already, don't they?

Or was it PPW that they get more of.....? Ah well.

--Stryfe

SorkZmok
17-10-03, 16:04
Originally posted by StryfeX
Monks already get more PSU. They (correct me if I'm wrong) already have a +15 bonus to PSU on the PSI Core and DS already, don't they?

Or was it PPW that they get more of.....? Ah well.

--Stryfe
Afaik its more ppw and its to negate the effects of the chip giving both apu and ppu.

ericdraven
17-10-03, 17:23
Originally posted by SorkZmok
Afaik its more ppw and its to negate the effects of the chip giving both apu and ppu.
Correct. That's the only reason.
The core gives PSU+10.

Lecko
17-10-03, 17:30
Originally posted by BombShell
nah i think it needs more r-c or p-c :)

with you on that one. +5 p-c and r-c??? should be +10. At least on the SA. The only difference seems to be +1 dex.

Sokaris
17-10-03, 17:45
if anything just 15 wpl... i think 20 is getting into a bit much..

if there was a lil more pc or rc would be nice.. but then how much power do we really need more than what we have..

Prodigious
17-10-03, 20:25
i dont know if someone came up with this idea already but i didnt have time to read full thread, how about the weapon lore stays as it is but it adds +8 to PC and RC from what i remember its only +5 am i right?

make it more like a distance wep chip?i think its that,

sorry if im wrong i been away for a week aint seen the stats on imps in a while

prod

StryfeX
17-10-03, 22:32
It would be cool if they made ALL of the "rare" implants like this. E.g. - +8 in the main combat stats and +15 in a secondary stat. I'd love to see a Marine CPU with +8 H-C, +8 M-C, and the same stats otherwise. SF could be +15 WEP, and +8 R-C and P-C.

--Stryfe

Rade
17-10-03, 22:36
I think the WEP is fine butr the T-C could be increased from +5 to
+10.

Jest
17-10-03, 23:26
Originally posted by Rade
I think the WEP is fine butr the T-C could be increased from +5 to
+10. Agreed. Not many implants give tech and those that do give small amounts. I can get 30-50 weapon lore easy from imps but the most tech I've ever had from implants was 13. :(