PDA

View Full Version : Rare parts drop rate

ericdraven
16-10-03, 22:29
After a few days without hunting (yes, i actually got bored) and just doing some epic runs i went on a quicky today..

The result:

http://members.aon.at/eric.draven/hunt.jpg

And for all those smartasses out there who call me "camper" - this was done in 102 minutes.

To make it easy - this are 29 rare parts. Average rate - 17 PARTS PER HOUR.

Now my question - is this not enough? o_O

/EDIT: I voted for the dromes btw.

mdares
16-10-03, 22:33
ur on uranus... they give u good rate drops cuz your db sux :D

try doing that on saturn... a group of 3 of us got 18 parts in 2+ hours hunting last night...

o wut where u hunting btw?

Jolt
16-10-03, 22:36
Wow, a hour and a half of hunting usally only nets me like 5-6 parts and like 10 lv3 imps. =/

If i could get the kind of drops you do i wouldnt have any problem with the drop rate.

//edit
Pluto

Richard Adregen
16-10-03, 22:37
I agree, a week ago or so me and my clan mate (I'm a mid-level kami-chip APU with hacking and he's a PPU) went hunting WBs and we got 26 parts in approximately 90 minutes. If that isn't enough I don't know what is... I don't know how much it was in the earlier days, but this drop rate is to me, satisfactory. Even though some rares are harder to get, with 26 parts in 90 minutes, a couple of days of hunting is enough to get most rares...

[EDIT] Pluto, by the way.

Regards,
RA.

ericdraven
16-10-03, 22:41
Hmm.... i never checked out from which server the people are who complain the most.. maybe it's a certain server which sucks?

But it's definitely NOT Uranus. o_O

mdares
16-10-03, 22:44
i think its just saturn... maybe because our economy is so fucked the rare drops are nuked too... just to balance things out?

dunno but all i know is that a lower drop rate doesnt help the econ at all...

Marx
16-10-03, 22:45
On Pluto, I can say I haven't gotten a K part in at least a month.

For the past several days I've gotten an abundance of implants, while hardly getting rares.

The last time I got 'a bunch' of rares, I got 14 after spending most of a saturday hunting.

Perhaps player population has something to do with it, perhaps not.

Perhaps as mdares said, its because uranus is screwy, perhaps not.

The simple fact is this, Leo Frankowski started hunting warbots as soon as he could use an assault rifle, and hunted only warbots until he was about 10 points away from cap in int and dex.

He had a grand total of 60 parts.

Right now, my other dude Marx is running on a similarly crap rare rate.

edit - and most people who complain play on pluto.

:D

Jaenus
16-10-03, 22:46
On my near capped Pistol PE on Saturn I usually hunt Decays out at blackmist, simply because no-one bothers me about being in Black Dragon with an LE in.

Typically I spend 2 hours hunting and come home with 2-4 parts which are either all very good or all complete crap. I also typically get about 5-6 level 3 imps per night too, which is why I was giving away Motoric 3's at the weekend...

I've managed to fill 2 1/2 cabs full of imps now, compared to 1/2 a cab of rare parts, and thats after throwing away the rubbish ones like Psi-Resist 3 :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 22:48
Originally posted by Marx
On Pluto, I can say I haven't gotten a K part in at least a month.

For the past several days I've gotten an abundance of implants, while hardly getting rares.

The last time I got 'a bunch' of rares, I got 14 after spending most of a saturday hunting.

Perhaps player population has something to do with it, perhaps not.

Perhaps as mdares said, its because uranus is screwy, perhaps not.

The simple fact is this, Leo Frankowski started hunting warbots as soon as he could use an assault rifle, and hunted only warbots until he was about 10 points away from cap in int and dex.

He had a grand total of 60 parts.

Right now, my other dude Marx is running on a similarly crap rare rate.

edit - and most people who complain play on pluto.

they just dont like you cause your.... you....

I got 91 part's on pluto on sunday, about 4-5 hours of warbot hunting around I_6 to rockshore...
Thats with a solo pistol PE.

mdares
16-10-03, 22:48
Originally posted by Jaenus
I've managed to fill 2 1/2 cabs full of imps now, and thats after throwing away the rubbish ones like Psi-Resist 3 :rolleyes:

OMG PSI RESISTOR 3!!!!!1111oneoneone

UB3R R4R3!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe they should get rid of some of the junk imp3s in their place just up the tech part drops some more?

Marx
16-10-03, 22:49
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
they just dont like you cause your.... you....

I got 91 part's on pluto on sunday, about 4-5 hours of warbot hunting around I_6 to rockshore...

WTF!?

/set kill_self 1

Tazo
16-10-03, 22:49
wheres the "the rarepart drop is far too high"-option?

ericdraven
16-10-03, 22:51
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

That's an even better quote than mine, because i kill mobs faster as APU... there you go..

Originally posted by Tazo
wheres the "the rarepart drop is far too high"-option?
I want to relax a little bit. If i would put this option to the poll i would get "eric you bloody camper!!!11" and stuff like this again. ;)

Tazo
16-10-03, 22:53
Originally posted by ericdraven
I want to relax a little bit. If i would put this option to the poll i would get "eric you bloody camper!!!11" and stuff like this again. ;)
hmm ok... well no vote from me then :p

Jolt
16-10-03, 23:00
How about:
"I got 25 part's on pluto on saturday, in about 4-5 hours of Warbot/Decayed hunting in the zones around Gab mine...
Thats with a solo rifle spy."

I seem to be getting more lv3 imps then parts which is really annoying since i already got 2-3 apts filled with the damn things.

Ikon
16-10-03, 23:01
the last time I went killing warbots around gaba (which was about two weeks ago) I got about 20 parts in like an hour and a half. this is on saturn btw..

although i have hunted for an hour and got one L.. i think the best thing to do is if you hunt for 15-30 minutes without a single part, move to a different zone.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 23:03
Has anyone noticed an increased drop rate? Or is it just me?

Anyways the drop rate is fine now, although I still think useless or underpowered rares should be removed or improved.

Lethys
16-10-03, 23:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Has anyone noticed an increased drop rate? Or is it just me?

Anyways the drop rate is fine now, although I still think useless or underpowered rares should be removed or improved.

Agreed. Rather than increasing the drop rate, KK should remove all the shitty rares that no-one wants.

I made a Brainport thread a while back where I suggested that some of the crappier rares should be used as boss drops for mid-level dungeons.

ericdraven
16-10-03, 23:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Agreed. Remove the crap.

OR make it useful.

Jaenus
16-10-03, 23:16
It sounds like WBs are giving a better average drop rate (better than Decays anyway). I know 50-60 is the real minimum for hacking them, so as a question how much WL does a libby pistol PE need to keep a good aim?

Lethys
16-10-03, 23:17
Found it :)

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71266

Progenitor
16-10-03, 23:20
I still say you sold your soul to get that kind of drop rate!

I get such weird drop rates - it is too random!

Last night: got on my hovertech one zone over a Terror Raptor.
1 tech part.

An hour later countless Doomreapers, Chasrs, Persecutors and Terror leapers still 1 tech part in my inventory

35 minutes later I have 14 tech parts in my inventory.

Then next 30 minutes I got 2 more, for a grand total of 16. Still not bad for 2 hours, but if I could just repeat that 35 minutes over and over again, it would be great.

-p

Zanathos
16-10-03, 23:32
What I think.

Increase drop rate so that any mob that drops rare parts drops 1 rare each time no matter what, but also has a chance to drop 2 or 3.

BUT

Decrease dmg gap between rares and non rares (as they are easier to come by with this rare part drop rate). Not extremly, but a little.

Lanigav
17-10-03, 07:36
My rare drop curse has finally ended, so the drop rate was definetely increased. I'm incredibly happy about it, so keep it as it is! :D

The economy on Saturn may finally recover now, at least a little.

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 07:40
it seems better...but honostly, i wouldnt mind it being more.

but all in all, it seems better...if they did change it im glad they did, alot more people seem to be alot happier..

but...eh whatever..atleast they seemed to of changed it, even though i think it was undocumented.

Lecko
17-10-03, 14:01
I think it's the fact that the drop rate can be so variable. I don't expect the drop rate to be higher as more rares would flood the market - and they are supposed to be rare afterall!

A quick hunt (careful...;) ) can sometimes yield loads of rares, but sometimes you walk away with an awsome set of psi resistors. So some people feel happy and others cheated.