PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion on monks

Zanathos
16-10-03, 20:27
APU monks.

Attack way too fast and have way too much range for the damage they do. (Reffering to those that spend EVERY point possible into psi use and aggresive psi use)

I mean, come on, APU's can kill any class in seconds at extreme ranges comparable to sniper spies.

EDIT - Sure they can die quick but come on! They CAN kill quicker :)

EDIT - Attack speed when capped (on HL) should go from 105 to 80 casts a minute.

PPU monks, have too many defences. 1 Character of equal level of any class except ppu monk should be able to kill a ppu monk. Not quickly mind you.

The holy heal spell heals too quickly. Reduce the amount it heals or the amount of times that it recovers health.

EDIT - Just stating my opinion rather than post in the thousands of other threads related to this.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 20:31
read my sig, :p.

Anyways I don't agree about apus attacking too fast, however I do think they have way too much range and it should be cut roughly in half.

Also, my spy can attack from 500 meters away and the max range for HL is 264m. I think saying "comparable to sniper spies" is exaggerating a bit. ;)

Archeus
16-10-03, 20:33
Oh here we go again. :rolleyes:

Like OmG WTF?!!! MY APU HAS NO DEFENSSE!!!! He Kan be killed by anyone if they hit me!!!oneone

and my PPU CANT KILL ANYTHANG!!!1oneone.

Nice troll post though.

Zanathos
16-10-03, 20:33
Theres very few people that can keep a lock on someone at those ranges :) 500 meters +

(LETS NOT FORGET CLIPPING DISTANCE!)

But yeah, 150 meters for casting spells should be the max

And they should cast slower. I believe a capped spell casts at a rate of 90 times a minute. Maybe down it to 60.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 20:36
Originally posted by Zanathos

And they should cast slower. I believe a capped spell casts at a rate of 90 times a minute. Maybe down it to 60.

That's just a big fat nerf now. :rolleyes: Our cap rof is 105, 60 would be a HORRIBLE nerf for apus. How selfish.

.Cyl0n
16-10-03, 20:37

rof cap on HL is 105 per min...

and yes.. pure monks suck

.cy

Spoon
16-10-03, 20:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Anyways I don't agree about apus attacking too fast, however I do think they have way too much range and it should be cut roughly in half.

Yer, give PSI Use a flip point or a lower one if a flip point for PSI Use exists......

ronaz
16-10-03, 20:38
Did this really have to become a new thread? There are already 100000000000 pro- and con- monk threads and to be honest this one is not contributing to either cause.

My 2c

Zanathos
16-10-03, 20:38
I didnt know it was 105 times a minute.

Maybe down to 80 then.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 20:47

EDIT - Sure they can die quick but come on! They CAN kill quicker :)

BS. The only class they can kill quicker is spy. And their outrageous range is a problem with that, the spy can't fully utilize his strongpoint against the apu.

Personally as a spy myself now, I find the idea of pistol spies ludicurous.

petek480
16-10-03, 20:51
nvm read it wrong

ghandisfury
16-10-03, 22:15
PPU monks, have too many defences. 1 Character of equal level of any class except ppu monk should be able to kill a ppu monk. Not quickly mind you.

The holy heal spell heals too quickly. Reduce the amount it heals or the amount of times that it recovers health.

EDIT - Just stating my opinion rather than post in the thousands of other threads related to this.

Not that your whole post isn't bullshit, but I wanted to highlight this. If you want to be able to kill a PPU 1vs1 (which is totally fine by me) then you need to give PPUs a way to kill you 1vs1.

kreal
16-10-03, 22:55
nerf nerf nerf! don't wanna say anymore

Whiety Bulger
16-10-03, 22:58
OMG this thread idea is recyled over and over Monks are unbalanced WE GET IT!!!!!! So so dont create new posts sayen the same thing over and over again.

MjukisDjur
16-10-03, 23:16
ROF might sound high but what difference does it make if you have all your points in apu and got like 220 mana pool... Some whiners seem to forget that booster dont insta replenish the mana pool anymore.

This can be a bit hard to understand for some but not all of us pvp. Lower damage from the the spells to runners instead if necessary. Damage to mobs are fine as it is.

fatwreck
16-10-03, 23:25
ok... apus can hurt like hell... but drop fast. its a trade off. you get a lock on the apu, and 3-4 bursts of almost any gun and you have yourself a dead apu

and ppus cant kill you. they wont die, but neither will you.

a team is a team. people working together to compliment each others skills.

so look at individual monks, not teams. because a ppu/tank can own just as much... hell 2 of any class if played right, and setup to compliment each other will own too. its just the apu/ppu combo is the easiest to do.

a rifle and pistol PE make a great team... same with 2 tanks... etc

just my 2 cents

Zanathos
16-10-03, 23:26
If all you have is 220 mana, then thats just silly.

And a maxed out ROF on HL is 105 a minute, almost 2 spell casts a second. Thats too much.

And why should PPU's be able to kill someone 1v1? They arent for combat, their for support.

Besides, paraspam, damage boost, damage boost, paraspam, Parashock bolt them to death. I've had a few PPU's do that to me and it worked, each parashock was doing about like 20 dmg or something to my tank.

And when i went toe to toe with 1 ppu, my 3 slot TPC couldnt even scratch him with his shelter and deflector and heal spell going.

I know that its not the CS, but come on! the TPC is one of the highest none rare weapons and it cant dent a PPU at all. Id hate to see how slowly a 5 slot artifact CS (capped) does to a PPU. I guess in that case you could kill em but it would take at least a few clips probably.

As well, this thread is just stating my opinion. I dont want to post and post and post in the numerous other threads so I made this.

And why should I always have to work in a team to get anywhere? I shouldnt need a PPU with me to go PvPing, but you almost have to cause you know that the other person will probably have one. (Unless its out in the wastelands, less chance of a PPU supporter, but usually people have them to hunt for rares)

Anyways, my opinion

greendonkeyuk
16-10-03, 23:34
lol

a tank player started the thread. dude do you have a monk char?
if not please go play one before commenting, and yes I FULLY agree with fatwreck, i have a pistol pe and my bro has a rifle pe and weve cleaned up countless times in fights against others. weve also lost countless times too but heh dyin is all part of the fun.

Zanathos
16-10-03, 23:35
I do have a monk actually, a PPU and APU, LOOK AT SIG

Havent worked on them much though as being a PPU is generally boring.

My APU is in the garage waiting while I finish with Hawatt and Ryel.

greendonkeyuk
16-10-03, 23:41
I do have a monk actually, a PPU and APU, LOOK AT SIG

Havent worked on them much though as being a PPU is generally boring.

My APU is in the garage waiting while I finish with Hawatt and Ryel.

ROLLS ON THE FLOOR LAUGHIN MY FUCKIN ASS OFF.

let me rephrase, get a capped apu/ppu...............

Zanathos
16-10-03, 23:45
I dont need monk chars to know how they work.

I'm in a very small clan and I know how they are because of the people I work with. 1 clan mate has an almost capped apu monk, another has a high level ppu. I work with them alot, I know how they work.

To fully understand how something works, I dont HAVE to be one of them.

I bet you simply dont wanna admit that monks are owerpowered.

Gee... I wonder why many people refer to Neocron as Monkcron.

As well... why is it that at about half the people I see in Plaza 1 are usually monks..... Not all the time mind you. (Unless the PE bug is at work )8|

I realize that even if monks are nerfed, I bet there will be another class that needs nerfing.

Nerf teh tanks! Nerf the PE's! Nerf teh Spy!

But either way, I see little problem with Tanks, PE's would be my next concern, Spies are fine if not need a tiny boost.