PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Spys

Oath
16-10-03, 16:13
Q1) Do pistol spys suck THAT badly?
Q2) Is the blacksun still THE best Non Rare pistol?
Q3) What are YOUR tips for playing as or leveling as a pistol Spy.

Cheers guys.

For Poll.

Do pistol spys suck?

Tazo
16-10-03, 16:16
id say no, they dont suck, but rifles are better, so why cut yourself short? :p

Oath
16-10-03, 16:17
Originally posted by Tazo
id say no, they dont suck, but rifles are better, so why cut yourself short? :p

Heh, tbh im sick of the OMFG 1337 SNIPOR !!!!11111111neon

if i wanna sniper ill have a HL monk :p lmao

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 16:19
Originally posted by Oath
Q1) Do pistol spys suck THAT badly?
Q2) Is the blacksun still THE best Non Rare pistol?
Q3) What are YOUR tips for playing as or leveling as a pistol Spy.

Cheers guys.

For Poll.

Do pistol spys suck?

See if you can talk to k4f/peeping tom on these boards, hes a pistol spy (drug lord o_O) and he's pretty hard, but he pumps very known drug known to man... or used to anyway

Blacksun's a lethal pistol, RoLH is absolutely devestating, minced a PPU with my RoLH lastnight 8|

Tips would be to level as a droner again... then lom...

Oath
16-10-03, 16:21
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
See if you can talk to k4f/peeping tom on these boards, hes a pistol spy (drug lord o_O) and he's pretty hard, but he pumps very known drug known to man... or used to anyway

Blacksun's a lethal pistol, RoLH is absolutely devestating, minced a PPU with my RoLH lastnight 8|

I started druggin my Pe up now i only got con to cap, but strangely when i take more than 3 drugs i get permanent flash and cant move/shoot/rightclick..........have to be killed and then rezzed to fix it :wtf: not very handy heh.

Tazo
16-10-03, 17:07
Heh, tbh im sick of the OMFG 1337 SNIPOR !!!!11111111neon

not every rifler = sniper. *hint*Disruptor*hint*ROG*hint*First Love*hint*.
unless you plan on tradeskilling, i do not see the advantage.

as a pistoler you can:
- do heavy damage on close range
- stealth
- drive vehicles
- hack
- have a tradeskill

as a rifler you can:
- all of the above except tradeskilling
- do heavy damage on distance, too

Oath
16-10-03, 17:08
unless you plan on tradeskilling, i do not see the advantage.

as a pistoler you can:
- do heavy damage on close range
- stealth
- drive vehicles
- hack
- have a tradeskill

as a rifler you can:

Thats true, i was considering a tradeskill, most likely construction or research though.

Tazo
16-10-03, 17:12
Thats true, i was considering a tradeskill, most likely construction or research though.
well ok, in that case, pistol is really your choice. :)

WithSlitWrists
16-10-03, 17:53

nerf nerf nerf!

haha:p

Peeping Tom
16-10-03, 18:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//

lol
pistols spies can be good.. all depends on the player and how hard you want to gimp your char
and with the pa is very nice.. means you can loose some +pc imps for str imps insted etc
RoLh pwns :P

SorkZmok
16-10-03, 18:32

as a rifler you can:

When i cap my spy's int, he caps aiming on all his rifles, got enough psu to cast shelter with the help of desostrol forte and can hack ops/ belts.
And hacking is a tradeskill in my opinion ;)

Magnazan
16-10-03, 19:47
Proper spys use cannons.

Crashtec
16-10-03, 20:40
as a rifler you can:

What makes a rifle spy not able to do tradskilling as well as pistol spy?

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 20:41
Originally posted by Crashtec
What makes a rifle spy not able to do tradskilling as well as pistol spy?

Rifle spies require alot more weaponlore.

oh and, NERF PISTOL SPIES!!!!11111111111111ONEONEONENOE

Oath
16-10-03, 20:57
Nerf? i never said that:lol: :lol: :lol: ........

so far im dex 20, gonna begin t3h gimping to level now............the drugs have begun flowing through my system, cant wait for that first flash heheg

mdares
16-10-03, 22:21
pistol spies pwn... slasher = teh pwn... 440/min on slasher = w00t...

you get neato toys like RoLH(buffed up bs) and Slasher(energy libby; massive range too tho it only claims to be 90m)

for resists mine is a well rounded one so i can get protected at roughly 50%+ reduction in everything w/o belt switching or boosts... with a heat 3 boost i can get 70% dmg reduction in evertyhing... the reason i do this is because as an ex-rifler, wehre i could get resists in 125+ for everthing without a boost, i HAD to switch belts... or it wont be effective. but as a close range fighter i dunt have the time to switch belts midfight... my resists are also slanted towards fire when i dunt have a heat 3 boost...

lvling: i run caves when i can or firemobs. And since i have a fire-slanted resist setup i can pretty much tank a chaser and still stay alive.

i saw a pistol spy (kamied too) take down a buffed capped apu once... scary shit...

but yeah when u cap i recommend 3 pistols: RoLH, Slasher, Lib (or any other pure prc weap)

and tradeskill: i'm a tl 195 cst with no cst imps other than ss... at cap will be 200 :D; if resser is your thing u can go resser to tl 170 then rest into weaplore to get a more dmg boost and just use labs to resser techs. Bartering works well too. However i dunt recommend a dex tradeskill cuz if u wanna use and cap the high end rare pistols u will NEED all the pc u can get... AND never forget TC and agil...

o and stealth 2 is a pistol spy's best friend.

Oath
17-10-03, 02:09
OK now im interested.

to the people that said pistol spy suck all forms of malformed *insert item here* do you actually have (or have played) pistol Spy?

And at the people that said oif played correctly, do you also play (or have) played a pistol spy?

K4F is excluded cos i know he does.

Kaden
17-10-03, 02:15
Hiya Oathy

You KNOW pistol spys pwn, it just some TLC to get em great (btw thanks for your help tonight)

Oath
17-10-03, 02:26
Originally posted by Chief O'Brien
Hiya Oathy

You KNOW pistol spys pwn, it just some TLC to get em great (btw thanks for your help tonight)

:) :) :)

Well, you kept me entertained for a few hours, so tis no problem.

Fyi Chief is a Pistol Spy, and he's improving quickly, so i have faith in pistol spys now, and im definately going to level mine to cap.

mdares
17-10-03, 02:38
i have a pistol spy (lommed him after 2 days from hax rifler to constr pistoller) curently 190 cst, 110 int 123 dex... i also play/lvl with a few pistol spies...

Calabim
17-10-03, 03:05
Well I hate my self for saying this,
But i think pistol spies are the greatest.
(please dont nerf em KK).

With the right setup and some skill youre deadly with a Libby.
And just looking that sexy in the Pistol spy PA and waving your Gun in their face already have won you half the fight.

Jesterthegreat
17-10-03, 11:49
coming from a 71/54 pistol spy with every rare pistl in the game (all aquired by hunting)....

nah they dont suck... i have a kami in and i can still kill people without being hit once ^.^

pistol 4 t3h w1n!!11!11!!1oneoneone

Jaggeh
17-10-03, 12:39
one of the great combos i have ever seen is PE/libby combo on a spy, he was killing people at range and when a pe with a ryker moved tin close to take him out, he whipped out a libby and pwned the pe :D

now with the terminator the lowtech pistol/rifler is possible even more :P

capped spy = 575 skill points in dex
gives 125 in one and 120 in the other, you can then enhance with chips/eyes/pa.

not uber damage but funny as fuck when a spy using a rare rifle whips out a rare pistol :D

Jesterthegreat
17-10-03, 13:29
with a frenzy and a blood lust CPU in... teh pwnage