PDA

View Full Version : the Drop system for pvp

Thundra
16-10-03, 14:25
ok lots of people dont liek the drop system fo rwhen u die and as a player since beta i agree its turned from dangerous to carebare.

there needs to be a system inbetween where pk'ers will prosper if there good and people will still fight back or have a chance to defend them selves.

the origional system where u drop an item form ya quickbelt was silly because most people who got attacked put there weapon away and stood there. but now and then they got a good reward or summin they could sell but they had no real fight so i dont see how thats fun at all. the plus side however was u always were worried but what u could drop.

the new system where u drop a quick belt that has to be hacked is also flawed as why should u have to hack in the middle of a battle to get ya item? its silly as by time u hacked it u prob get killed by other people and its just not worth it half the time. also one of the members u pk'ed may have fan around and grabed everyones stuff so u get naught anyway.

ok now there needs to be summin inbetween these 2.
im not a pk'er but in the old days i had fun fighting the pk'ers and it was a nice fealing if u took em down and got ya self one of there tiems and the same was vice verser. its part of the game and how it should be. only problem with droping items is it discourages OP battles.

Here is my idea and plz add to it or give your opinions..

When u die u drop a quick belt.
this quick belt does need to be hacked.
But it doest need to be hacked where it falls. You can pick up the quick belt as an item and take them back to ya apt for u to hack later on. People could then scoop up there prize and found out what it is later on. so You and ya PK crew go of on a days killing and can sit at ya clan apt later on diggin out ya loot and gloating at ya earnings.

there still needs to be the safe slot idea as it just needs to be there or people wont use rares and get owned in pvp allowing no fn battles.

Warzones need to stay as they are except all rare item droping mobs need to be taken out of them. This way people are encouraged to hutn out side of warzones.

when u die you should have a high chance of droping such items as techs and rare implants u have found and not summin crap like a medi pack or summin.

when ui die in ya quick belt will be 2 things.
1 - an item such as it is now except hoigher odds for higher tec lvl things like tech parts.
2 - a cash cube containing bettween about 2 - 10k all depending on ya soul light mauybe.

this will give pk'ers the cash they need as i know it costs em loads to do what they do and will mean they can get the quick belts they earned. they will just have to be hacked at some point to oen em.

As i said im not a pker but i did prefere the atmosphere that a pker might turn up at anymoment wherea s right now i couldnt give a shit as im not gonna loose anything i care about.\

ok well time to hear ya views. plz try be civil and add ya opinions.
be good to hear some fellow beta players views such as my old rivals form HATE as i always had fun fighting u guys.

i just feal the cyber punk always be on ya toes feal has gone.

SorkZmok
16-10-03, 14:41
Originally posted by Thundra
When u die u drop a quick belt.
this quick belt does need to be hacked.
But it doest need to be hacked where it falls. You can pick up the quick belt as an item and take them back to ya apt for u to hack later on. People could then scoop up there prize and found out what it is later on. so You and ya PK crew go of on a days killing and can sit at ya clan apt later on diggin out ya loot and gloating at ya earnings.

Warzones need to stay as they are except all rare item droping mobs need to be taken out of them. This way people are encouraged to hutn out side of warzones.

Rewards the pkers, fucks everyone else.

I don`t like it.

athon
16-10-03, 14:47
I quite agree that the drop system is very carebear likein Neocron. ONOZ!! Got PKd!!! Oh well - have fun with my battlehelmet 2!! <goes to armor cab to grab one of his 3 spares>.

I'm not sure on the picknig up belts thing. If it was done you wouldn't be allwoed to pick one up while stealth'd. I can easiyl imagine, once a week, re-imping myself for tech combat to get stealth 3 or maybe even oblit. (rare stealth) and running around areas, particularly the desert ones populated by DoY units, picking up all the belts and taking them to my apt.

Another thing that could be done is that the belt weighs as much as the item(s) inside it.

I also think that the SL system for hunting zones needs to be changed (this is mainly relevent to the city) so that if you kill 1 person your SL goes to 1 above where copbots kill you. Kill another and you're gonna get fried when you come out of the sewer.

Athon Solo

Stigmata
16-10-03, 14:58
im not keen on the idea of belts being pickup-able but something needs to be changed.

I also think that the SL system for hunting zones needs to be changed (this is mainly relevent to the city) so that if you kill 1 person your SL goes to 1 above where copbots kill you. Kill another and you're gonna get fried when you come out of the sewer.

fuck that, if i had say 50 SL i should be able to kill atleast 10 people before i go below -16.

Andy

Thundra
16-10-03, 14:59
not jsut rewards the pkers as if u fight back u get summin of them

goin round pickin up the belts is same as jsut droping an item as it was in old days.

this is a dog eat dog world and if some sneaky gits wanna go rounds scavenging belts then they should be able to

the games way to restriked at the mo

KRIMINAL99
16-10-03, 15:29
I think its an ok idea, at least that allows the person who makes a kill to ensure he gets his reward as opposed to some hacker monkey whose not involved in the battle while still having it so he has to hack it.

But then if the person doesnt have a hacker in his pocket atm (self clan etc) then a hacker could switch the item just like researchers switch your techparts for crap ones.

@ Athon there wouldnt be belts laying around everywhere anymore if they could be picked up lol... as soon as the person died the killer would pick up the belt.

@ Snorkzork.. uhh yeah how does that reward pkers any more than anyone else or screw anyone over?

Btw I dont understand why everyone says people would put their weapon away before. I mean that almost NEVER happened, and even if it did, who cares because its a free kill anyway?

s0apy
16-10-03, 15:37
lag, random crashes, lag, FREs, bugs, lag, more bugs and did i mention lag?

these are some of the main reasons why people die, and dropping items that others can pick up because of a bug is well sukky.

also, with the new GR rules it can take an eternity to get back to the place you died at, so your PK has the time to hack. if not, well, it's a tough cyberpunk world as the PKs like to continually remind us, so why shouldn't they have to watch their backs too? or even take a risk every now and then?

ezza
16-10-03, 15:40
Originally posted by s0apy
lag, random crashes, lag, FREs, bugs, lag, more bugs and did i mention lag?

these are some of the main reasons why people die, and dropping items that others can pick up because of a bug is well sukky.

also, with the new GR rules it can take an eternity to get back to the place you died at, so your PK has the time to hack. if not, well, it's a tough cyberpunk world as the PKs like to continually remind us, so why shouldn't they have to watch their backs too? or even take a risk every now and then?

pkers do have to watch there back, once people know a pers on is a pker people will want to take them down, plenty of times large groups would head out to hunt the pkers at the Mb or wherever.

if the old tech part drop was brought back id welcome the old drop rule again

s0apy
16-10-03, 15:44
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
Btw I dont understand why everyone says people would put their weapon away before. I mean that almost NEVER happened, and even if it did, who cares because its a free kill anyway?

it DID almost always happen. it probably only ever DIDN'T happen when the killee was carrying a non-rare. no one in their right mind ever got to 1 quarter health, realised it was hopeless, and thought "oh well, i'll just stand here for show and give this nice PK a chance to take my 4 slotted [insert nice rare weapon name here]". you stowed your weapon. why'd you think we all ran around with our quickslots stuffed full of medikits for the first few months of retail?

KRIMINAL99
16-10-03, 15:53
Everyone did the medkit thing to reduce the chances of weapons dropping. But what I am saying is noone had time to shelf their weapons. Unless you are dieing to a melee user or something...
Basically the time from being shot the first time and death if you lose is like pratically nothing. Maybe its just cause I was a tank and this only happened to PEs or something. But anyways I only ever heard it complained about once or twice.

Besides which you have to have a weapon in your quickbelt to use it so any time a persons weapon is not there they arent a threat anymore.

Anyways the points irrelevant cause there is no reason to ever change back from the top 10 valuable items in inventory. Its just the same thing but better.

japata
16-10-03, 16:01
How'bout this: A place where you can pick up PK missions (epic style) and get big rewards? Such as some underground bountyhunters' abode. Like 20k per kill of a specific faction runner. Or the more OP's a faction holds, the more money you get from killing runners from that faction. It would make good PvP'ers change factions and keep the politics twisting and turning around keeping the world interesting.

s0apy
16-10-03, 16:02
Originally posted by ezza
pkers do have to watch there back, once people know a pers on is a pker people will want to take them down, plenty of times large groups would head out to hunt the pkers at the Mb or wherever.

if the old tech part drop was brought back id welcome the old drop rule again

lol - here we go again.

in the end, it's pretty much six of one and half a dozen of the other. either you have a low drop rate, but peeps can't nick your weapon, or a high drop rate and everyone nicking each others weapons but no one caring since we all have 10 of everything.

the only problem with the latter is that the low drop rate was not instigated to offset the drop rules, it came in because KK wanted to try and fix the economy and the proliferation of rares. i doubt the drop rate will ever be changed significantly.

also, i genuinely believe the latter system is fine for vets and high level or capped players, but is seriously bad for low level players and newbies. for inexperienced players, it doesn't matter how good the drop rate is, they'll never recover their stuff at the same rate the rest of us would.

the game doesn't need a change in the drop rules, it needs new players.

ezza
16-10-03, 16:11
Originally posted by s0apy
lol - here we go again.

in the end, it's pretty much six of one and half a dozen of the other. either you have a low drop rate, but peeps can't nick your weapon, or a high drop rate and everyone nicking each others weapons but no one caring since we all have 10 of everything.

the only problem with the latter is that the low drop rate was not instigated to offset the drop rules, it came in because KK wanted to try and fix the economy and the proliferation of rares. i doubt the drop rate will ever be changed significantly.

also, i genuinely believe the latter system is fine for vets and high level or capped players, but is seriously bad for low level players and newbies. for inexperienced players, it doesn't matter how good the drop rate is, they'll never recover their stuff at the same rate the rest of us would.

the game doesn't need a change in the drop rules, it needs new players.

having 10 sparesO_o you must of played on pluto during the eon duping episode or somthing cos back then i never had backup rares.

ok say the vet does have 10 rares and noob kills him OMG he gets a nice shiny rare what so wrong with that.

any way like in styles thread where someone argued despite people disagreeing its only gonna end up the same thing here, so its gonnabe you like the no drop no risk rule, where id like a return to the high tech part dropping mobs with the risky battles of old.

as people pointed out in styles thread the population was higher back before they done the anti pk patches

Edit: i dont like having to spend months getting the parts togeather for a rare the game used to be more high octane, ffs its turning into a gentalmans sport let go Duel crap like that , gimme danger thats what i want

s0apy
16-10-03, 16:16
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
Everyone did the medkit thing to reduce the chances of weapons dropping. But what I am saying is noone had time to shelf their weapons. Unless you are dieing to a melee user or something...
Basically the time from being shot the first time and death if you lose is like pratically nothing. Maybe its just cause I was a tank and this only happened to PEs or something. But anyways I only ever heard it complained about once or twice.

i'm so mystifyed by this statement. it should take a lot longer than "basically nothing" to kill another player. even as a noobish PE, with full inq armour and low health (i used to get PKed a lot at cycrow, hehe) i had plenty of time to stow my weapon when starkes et al showed up. and unless you had a piece missing from your brain, you never used a GR with a weapon in your QB.

but yes, it IS a moot point, particularly given this particular discussion.

Marx
16-10-03, 16:16
Up the drop rate again so losing a rare weapon doesn't force you to spend weeks trying to get another to replace it.

Seeing as this is simply going the way of Styles thread, I'm just going to reiterate:

originally posted by teh marxeh
The world was better without rules because of the element of risk, and lets face it, people enjoyed getting killed; it was exciting running from some dude in Pepper Park. It was funny as people tried to con you to kill you (I can't open trade with you, lets zone into the sewer and try there.) Anyway, most of the pk's back in the day killed peeps occasionally, because it does get old real quick, it wasn't this anarchistic world which people who weren't even here like to hark back on.

I say, remove those rules, let the PKAR come back. Up the tech-drop rate, and get rid of belts.

Bring back the game I fell in love with, and ditch the two-bit carebear haven.

s0apy
16-10-03, 16:33
having 10 sparesO_o you must of played on pluto during the eon duping episode or somthing cos back then i never had backup rares.

i have, i think, 3 pain easers each of which took around a week to obtain under the old drop rules, on saturn. no duping.

my 2 most recently acquired easers took about 3 months each to get hold of (one was 2 slots the other was 0 - woot). but in that time i also put together a marine, cs, silent hunter, 2 or 3 DGs and a few other bits of old crap.

however, under a heavier PvP penalty system i could easily go out today and lose every easer i've ever had before i log tonight. whether it took me 3 weeks or 9 months to get them, i think i'd wake up the next day with an epiphany about how to better spend my time.

ok say the vet does have 10 rares and noob kills him OMG he gets a nice shiny rare what so wrong with that.

nowt. except there's no way on gods earth that a noob can kill a vet :).

ezza
16-10-03, 16:37
then the top end non rares need to be closer to the rares in damage etc so that they have that chance, maybe that would even the odds out perhaps

Edit: under a heavier PvP system you might lose em, but you may also gain some;)

Thundra
16-10-03, 16:45
btw just to remind u all this is about dro system not tech drop rate.

my idea still ahd a safe slot.

lets try think up some more ideas involving a safe slotn so that rares can stay as they are

ezza
16-10-03, 16:49
the only other thing was the cash drop on death, but again thats just going to annoy noobs, eg xx ranking 65 killed xy rank 2 and got all his cash.

but if your gonna keep the first slot secure then i see no point in wanting to change the system

Thundra
16-10-03, 17:07
yes there is it gives u at least some form of reward for pking or killin a pker

Judge
16-10-03, 17:30
If you are going to get an amount of money from killing a runner then i would say that:

If you kill a member of your own faction you get nothing

If you kill a member of an allied or neutral faction you get 5% of his cash

If you kill a memeber of an enemy faction then you get 5% of his cash plus another 5%, which comes from your faction and isn't deducted from the person you killed.

Say you killed an enemy faction noob with 10K then he would lose 500cr and you would gain 1000cr, 500cr from him and 500cr from your faction.

This would drop as a cash cube in the belt which is instantly absorbed when someone opens up the belt.

ezza
16-10-03, 17:32
if its gonna be a cash drop id rather it just drop on the floor as acube, not in a belt cos its exculdes the non hacker type people umm like my tank for instance:D

Peeping Tom
16-10-03, 18:18
Originally posted by stigmata
im not keen on the idea of belts being pickup-able but something needs to be changed.
fuck that, if i had say 50 SL i should be able to kill atleast 10 people before i go below -16.
Andy
so fucking true.. atleast 10 ppl, im tired of killing 1-3 ppls, ops.. now i need to go afk folks.. sry later
K4F

Magnazan
16-10-03, 19:45
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

Barar
16-10-03, 20:04
Up the drop rate
Sort out gr kills
Drop everything ( no need to hack)

or

Keep drop rate
Sort out gr kills
Drop everything but slot1

or

everywheres a warzone so u dont have any reason to care if u win or lose

Theres no feeling of being worried atm you should be scared to go out to wastelands etc .. Damn its a game atm I lose my psi booster or a bit of armour woopie

U know its nice i didnt lose my stuff and id be PISSED if i did but jeez I might actually get a 5 slotted CS or a 5 slotted HL

It works both ways..

Leebzie
16-10-03, 23:29
How about rank having a part to play in the item value you drop ? Its just useless to the game if a big hard PKer comes along , owns someone 20 ranks down from him, Low level player loses something valuable to him but the high level player gains something useless to him.

I remember being in the beggar cellars with my brand new grenade launcher... I got pked (back when you dropped items from your belt)

I saw it fall to the floor. my n00bie launcher. Big gentank picked it up. Absolutely useless to him. Now absolutely useless to me too. well, that was a nice evening spent wasting my time getting that launcher wasnt it...:wtf:

Not that im totally with this carebear thing right now. When I kill someone I want to get rewarded for it. This would also encourage lower levels to take on higher people because of the boosted chance of a valuable drop.

Just so long as it doesnt end up as totally irritating as the scenario above, I think it could benefit the game.

Lanigav
17-10-03, 08:13
Call me a carebear, but I think the current drop system is just fine. If you have a high level hacker around, then getting the items isn't much of a problem.

Being able to pick up belts and stuff will make cave hunting a pain in the ass as it will make item theft even worse, and we've all been killed beyond our control because of bugs or sync errors, and I'm not to keen on having some fuckhead steal my belt because of it.

KidWithStick
17-10-03, 08:44
ill be honost, i didnt read all ur shit....but i read the first few sentances

im guessing your wanting to go back to droping somthing in ur belt on the ground instantly

well if it did go back, they better dame well make rares un fuckin rare again, because if i was ever running around trying to level, or anything, and some asshole comes up behind me while im soloing a chaser and PK's me and i drop a CS, that costed me 4 mill, i would litterially go insane.

Leebzie
17-10-03, 09:44
Originally posted by KidWithStick
well if it did go back, they better dame well make rares un fuckin rare again, because if i was ever running around trying to level, or anything, and some asshole comes up behind me while im soloing a chaser and PK's me and i drop a CS, that costed me 4 mill, i would litterially go insane.

Thinking more about it...

That would SUCK.

Hell... even if it only took a day to get a rare weapon together, then it would still be stupid that for a screw up/sync you lose an entire days work in 30 seconds.

That just doesnt make sense...

*looks at his rares*
Maybe the belt system aint so bad.

Gohei
17-10-03, 10:04
Jusst to quote another guy on the forum (forgot his name)

He said that the belt drop should be removed an raredrop should be as they were about 31 patches ago. Like at least one rare /WB or other raredroping mob. Then more peeps would try out PvP without being scared of droping anything valuable.. And maybe lead to players going out PK'ing WITHOUT a PPU. Cus honestly, who PvP jusst get hold of the opponents belt ?

Spex
17-10-03, 10:37
Regardless which drop-system you have, monks are always at the bad end because they have not only one weapon with them. In fact, more than 50% of the items in the quickbelt are spells, or, so to say, weapons (especially PPUs). To be effective the spells need multiple slots, best if 3 slot or more. Just to mention it, because it seems to me the people in this thread only think about one or maybe two weapons in their quickbelt ...

Gohei
17-10-03, 10:41
Yeah well thats why they should remove the quickbelt drop... I did write it in my last post, didnt i ?

Thundra
17-10-03, 11:11
Originally posted by KidWithStick
ill be honost, i didnt read all ur shit....but i read the first few sentances

im guessing your wanting to go back to droping somthing in ur belt on the ground instantly

dont post unless ya gonna read at least the starting post on thread as i dont want the origional system a all.

and to Gohie
if u put the origional system bac in u can drop anything. with he system now i never drop anything i dont care about or cant be replaced so theres no reason to fear pvp. even wih system i suggest there wont be as u still get ya safe slot.

if people do start runnin round stealing people belts when they die then just kill em for it as its menna be a cruel world and if u wanna play a thief then play a damn thief.

at the mo ist not the harsh world of neocron its the happy world of a post apocalyptic petting zoo.

i kileld a TG monk yesterday and all he did was bitch and moan. geez sorry but he was red so then he became dead. These people shouldnt be playing a game liek this or if they do then wear an le if ya dont wanna be hurt by the big nasty tank and hes friends.

berty
17-10-03, 16:15
thundra - the quickbelt drop is fine as it is, at the moment you can drop anything highly valued in your inventory apart from slot one. Just cause as a PKr your not getting enough"reward" why force your need to get everyones rares onto us - oh and PKing "red your dead" isnt an RP thing its just lame.

In the past 3 months Ive droped a UPS PA and a 2 slot CS because of PKrs - you dont hear me bitch on the forums about it, if you want to play a PKr then live with the low drop rate, bad SL, and before you bitch and moan telling me to put my LE in N00b - theres plenty of forum threads about that - so STFU before you start.

Some people dont want to PK - shock I know - its part of the game but you cant force them into the situation where the only decent way to get a "guranteed" rare is to group PK higher ups because their belt drop will gurantee a rare weapon because nothing is safe or it has to drop something high.

Leave it as it is and moan about something more important like the FREs LAG errors etc - something that effects the community - or go tell it to the Germans - im sure the minute they start moaning about it KK will implement it.

Birkoff
17-10-03, 16:32
WTF is everyone on about INCREASE the drop rate?!!

Its to fast as it is atm lolol u kill like 10 WBs and get 11 rares as it is.... Might as well go and call them commons. Don't care what happenens :/ i carry about 4 ultimated 4/5 slot items as it is + the rest of my BP is 50k+ do what u like to it (except in OP zones, no drop there has made OP wars so much more fun).

About the inicial idea, i can so see a spu or monk picking up 2 QB then thinking "FUCK CANT MOVE" as hes picked up real heavy shit in the belts and died due to that,. hrrhrr. Funny shit...:D

SL sucks :)

[TgR]KILLER
17-10-03, 17:05
i'm dropping my PA every time in my QB now.. din't drop anything else since i got the PA.. so i don't think it needs to be changed its worth to much already :p

ezza
17-10-03, 17:14
your dropping your PA cos its ugly and the game is saying down wear it.

oh and as for the tech drop, atm warbots seem to drop a decent rate, but as a BD tank im limited cant hack so no warbys, cant hunt at canyon so i hunt decayed mobs, hmm they have a lower tech drop rate than the book for the terminator run

Thundra
17-10-03, 17:40
Originally posted by berty
thundra - the quickbelt drop is fine as it is, at the moment you can drop anything highly valued in your inventory apart from slot one. Just cause as a PKr your not getting enough"reward" why force your need to get everyones rares onto us - oh and PKing "red your dead" isnt an RP thing its just lame.

In the past 3 months Ive droped a UPS PA and a 2 slot CS because of PKrs - you dont hear me bitch on the forums about it, if you want to play a PKr then live with the low drop rate, bad SL, and before you bitch and moan telling me to put my LE in N00b - theres plenty of forum threads about that - so STFU before you start.

Some people dont want to PK - shock I know - its part of the game but you cant force them into the situation where the only decent way to get a "guranteed" rare is to group PK higher ups because their belt drop will gurantee a rare weapon because nothing is safe or it has to drop something high.

Leave it as it is and moan about something more important like the FREs LAG errors etc - something that effects the community - or go tell it to the Germans - im sure the minute they start moaning about it KK will implement it.

shut up u idiot.
accusing me of this and that and obviuosly liek this.

read what i said int he first place and u will notice

A) im not a pker

and

B) i dont want it changed that much just so that when we do drop out pointless crap that the pk'ers have a chance to get somethingfrom it not our rares.

i wish more people would read this damn thing

as for the me pking a red person its just a saying and i did it as it was a TG runnin in my directiona dn that normally leads to my death. and me as a TT attackin a TG is perfectly rp as there rebels against the city and my faction builds guns t help defend the city.

your views are pointles and make no sense

my idea wasnt extreem at all and in hardly any way favours the pk'er . just means that they might get something for ther trouble.

this is ment to be a tough harsh world set in the futre and it used o be that way . not its one of he least scary palces ever. if i die i will never drop anything i cant replace in a few mins trouble. so i have no fear. this isnt however the main problem. i liked the feeling that i might get attacked at any minute and wiht the system i suggest it means people will still figth back and pk'ers will still do it to make there living.

now either suggest ya own idea or adjust mine

if ya gona come on here with ya self rictious crap about pk'in sod of an do it somewhere else as thats not what this is about . its about the drop system

edit -
one more thing berty

u only ben here a while , you are welcome to add your own opinion but u ahve no idea what it was liek at the start of retail when there servers where a lot more popular.

this is gettin more and more as wimpy as DAoC each change. i think its time to go slightly back a few steps kk

berty
03-11-03, 17:53
Oh dear Thundra just cos I aint been on the server for 100 of years like some old farts dont mean I havent got a valid point, free and frank opinion should be tolerated not bitched at - I have my opinion you have yours - from reading most of the threads people seem to be of the opinion to leave the pking "presents" alone.

Why not put your considerable bitching mouth to complaining about something more important - FREs unnamed PE etc?

:p

ezza
03-11-03, 17:56
you waited 2 weeks to post that:eek: