PDA

View Full Version : Neocrack is Real!

boneybob
16-10-03, 12:16
Hay ppl,

You might of heard of the word "Neocrack" and thought of it a a joke to explain your obsesion for playing this game..... however it might acctualy be posible that the Joke of Neocrak is actualy a real medical condition.

At this point you may think im bonkers, but any one in the industry of computer-grafics/animation/psychology/physics might already know what im about to say.....

I have been playing this game from Beta 4 and its only when i get REALY bored with it that i have to take a brake for about 2->3 weeks (that has only ever happend twice in all the time iv been playing). All my charicters throught the games servers arent particualy powerfull, im not *That* well known through-out the servers and i dont have Lots and lots of money or rares, basicaly im no UBER charicter, but yet something alwasy draws me back to NC.

Neocron is obsesive and compulsive!

Now the reason for this might be something to do with a mixture of things or somthing more sinister.

* Neocron recives updates frequently to keep the community entertained.

* Neocron dose have a story line which players CAN become involved in (but moast never get the oppertunity appart from role-play PK).

*The people who maintain the game strive to atain balance and happy-ness through-out the population (thats a hard job).

now here comes the dojey bit.....

*Neocron when displayed through a window or full screen on your desk-top or lap-top resinates at a frequency that trigers certain parts of the brain to be stimulated (Neocrack).

When you find your self bored and totaly without a cule as to what to do next, when u find that the Game (or any game for that matter) is compeatly pointless and a wast of your life and electricity, and you ask your self "why am i doing this?" but then you still find your slef coming back to play....... Then you have an addiction for Neocrack!

:wtf:-= NEOCRACK=-:wtf:
:wtf: Have you had your fix today?:wtf:

BB
:p

ezza
16-10-03, 12:23
wasnt able to get on till late last night as problems with internet, didnt know what to do with not being able to play neocrack:(

managed to get on a bit later so was happy again:)

Original monk
16-10-03, 12:45
I dont need a doctor to tell me that im addicted to this game, why on earth should i else still be here :P
I was addicted to gaming and hi-tech some time but after playing beta4 for 1 month non-stop (little brakes for eating, even littler brakes for sleeping) i know i was hooked, im honest about it, also to myself but i try as good as possible to mix my real life and virtual life, sumthimes there are complications but i did real well till now :P
If ya really cant handle it an youre job/school/family/girlie/parents/enviroment/yourself gets problem with this game i suggest stopping or getting a brake, nothing wrong with that...
As soon as im really tired im off fo good :P but that wont be in the near future i think :)

Back to work fo me know, good luck gaming, cu online

icarium
16-10-03, 13:11
bob can you go pick up your alts backpack from northstar? for some reason it irritates me just lying there :p

boneybob
16-10-03, 13:27
Feer if ur going to talk off topic dont talk at-all!

GRRRRRRRRRR

:D and on the funny side, yer i do intend to go get that back-pack in the near future but thanks for reminding me!:p

Now going back to topic, as i said Feer if u dont suffer from Neocrack then get off me poast! *slaps Feersum*

8|

BB

Oath
16-10-03, 13:29
Originally posted by boneybob
Neocrack is Real!

Indeed it is.

ichinin
16-10-03, 14:34
> Neocrack is Real!

Welcome to the real world neo...

ReefSmoker
16-10-03, 14:45
There is a cure, but I don't think anyone wants it... having used computers since I was a wee bairn, 25 years or so of bad posture have done my back and neck in !!

I can only spend 20 minutes at a time at the computer before I have to go rest again :(

If there's any advice I can give to prevent others suffering the same fate, then I have to say sit straight, don't slouch ! I'll be back in action in roughly 3 months' time after god knows how many physiotherapy sessions, and apparently I've got to endure torture at the hands of an osteopath too...

Neat, just noticed the clock says 13:37, you lot have rubbed off on me ;)

Take care all and happy 'cronning !! Oi you, stop slouching, you honestly do not want this pain. Splitting my head open a few years ago smarted, but was bearable. Putting a chisel through the back of my hand a few months back was shockingly painful but wasn't the end of the world. Doing my neck in is most definitely the most painful thing I've ever experienced, I need an anti-grav module for my head considering that the head is approximately 1 tenth of total body mass :)

Take care,

ReefSmoker

boneybob
16-10-03, 14:55
Thank you Reef man, and on another noat i was wondering why i havent seen you in ages, sorry to hear about what Neocrack did to you.:rolleyes:

I to suffer from neck pains if i have too much of a fix :lol:

But so far, the general consesus is that Neocrack IS REAL, i have to say im realy enjoying this poast..

Now KK, i would like a formal statment eather confirming or denying the claims that the condition known as Neocrack is a real obsesive, compulsive addiction to some sort of out-put from the game :lol:

BB

icarium
16-10-03, 16:00
it is addictive, its subliminal messages that pop up every 10th frame saying "keep playing keep playing"

my enjoyment is only really spoilt by people leaving their backpacks lying about

Oath
16-10-03, 16:19
Originally posted by icarium
it is addictive, its subliminal messages that pop up every 10th frame saying "keep playing keep playing"

my enjoyment is only really spoilt by people leaving their backpacks lying about
heh like the matrix reloaded adverts featuring one of the agents, Drink More, Drink More, Drink More................Drink More.

Advert was for gatorade? correct me if im wrong.

Judge
16-10-03, 17:08
I think that it was powerade Oath

And yeah Neocrack is real. I'm addicted :)

ezza
16-10-03, 17:18
Originally posted by Judge
I think that it was powerade Oath

And yeah Neocrack is real. I'm addicted :)

and im entranced by that badger:eek: make its stop, cant get that damn video and song out my head

boneybob
16-10-03, 17:40
Cheers Feer,

Yep , thats the word i was looking for to describe this....

Subliminal messages

Now kiddes, its time 4 MY fix! Ah yes, i know i should be doing my UNI work, but I JUST CANT HELP MYSELF!!!!!!!!

+ i fished my work 2 hours early :D

ezza
16-10-03, 17:51
another 15 mins then i finishm another hour or so before i can play though:(

Original monk
16-10-03, 19:16
Originally posted by ReefSmoker

Take care all and happy 'cronning !! Oi you, stop slouching, you honestly do not want this pain. Splitting my head open a few years ago smarted, but was bearable. Putting a chisel through the back of my hand a few months back was shockingly painful but wasn't the end of the world. Doing my neck in is most definitely the most painful thing I've ever experienced, I need an anti-grav module for my head considering that the head is approximately 1 tenth of total body mass :)

Hehe by reading this i believe you that it must be the most excrutiating pain, reminds me to sit a bit more straight, gl on the doin the neck in sessions

boneybob
16-10-03, 19:25
I have just been reading through some legal documents i had posted through to me by a friend.......

Guess what.....

Subliminal messages are illegal, no matter what the message or were its displayed or the context its displayed in!

Now untill an hour or so ago i dident know this......

o_O

Well, for the sake of KK i hope their arent any dojey mind messages being beamed into our heads 8|

hummm,..........

Itth
16-10-03, 21:39
"Neocrack is Real!"

Welcome to yesterday!

EDIT: i read in some science magazine that satisfaction, is really some sort of hormone that teh brain gives you. of course this is addictive

games are a way to trick the brain to think you have really accomplished something

so when getting that 5 slot rare or completing a game on the hardest difficulty, u get that thingy, u get satisfied, and not to forget... addicted.

Leebzie
16-10-03, 22:47
Originally posted by ReefSmoker

Neat, just noticed the clock says 13:37, you lot have rubbed off on me ;)

Theres something very wrong with me... because I seem to just have this impluse to look at the VCR clock at exactly that time.

Maybe its a sign of my immense 1337ness... :cool::p

Or maybe the cheese is sliding off my cracker... :wtf:

icarium
16-10-03, 22:49
Originally posted by Leebzie
Theres something very wrong with me... because I seem to just have this impluse to look at the VCR clock at exactly that time.

Maybe its a sign of my immense 1337ness... :cool::p

Or maybe the cheese is sliding off my cracker... :wtf:

u need to glue it on with a bit of primula cheese and ham cheese spread m8