PDA

View Full Version : Put A Halt To Apartment Camping

Ryleck
16-10-03, 01:35
What they have done already has been good but there is one easily fix the last of the problems. You should have a 10 second waiting period to enter an appt IF you are an enemie or neutral faction. (this is to stop what is commonplace in the canyon. People come out, kill a nub, and go up into their appt and wait for a few min before doing it again)

Your opinions please

Birkoff
16-10-03, 01:47
Change your pwd or don't let n e 1 else know it.... I've advertised my apt pwd many times on trade on Pluto and never been killed in it :) (except by clannies or friends while generally messing around)

NS_CHROME54
16-10-03, 01:50
never been killed in my appy.

Distaria
16-10-03, 02:09
Just make it so you can change the password to your first apartment, add an option in Runner Info in the CityCom. That would put a stop to anyone getting into your starter apt.

Jaggeh
16-10-03, 02:29
hes talking about pks hiding in thier own apartments cos canyon apts are copzones

G.0.D.
16-10-03, 03:22
http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/cares.jpg

errrm... sorry just hadda post it somewhere ^_^

Marx
16-10-03, 03:44
Nice pic' g.0.d.

:lol:

Psychoninja
16-10-03, 04:26
0mg h4x!!!11oneoneone CAREBEARS!!

:rolleyes:

Nice pic g0d :P

Whiety Bulger
16-10-03, 04:27
But camping in N30's appartment is so fun.

Marzola
16-10-03, 05:56
i find it a nice challenge to hack the person't appt pass.

nice pic god

NeoChick
16-10-03, 07:37
I would hate having to wait to get into my own apartment, what if an enemy is chasing me?

I even think we should be able to give our appartment password to friends or our alter to enable them to enter our apartment, like it is on SWG, especially for ppl who have more than one char on Saturn (and I bet most people do have alter chars). It is a real hassle having to log in, log out, log in to let your alter into your apartment.

msdong
16-10-03, 08:08
its better to use ingame mechanics like app hacking or stuff.
not that anyone should be able to enter you app but maybe block the lift so the one badguy is not able to get out unless hes a hacker.

use hacktool on lift > insert name of the guy you like to block > and he is lockt in there for 20 min and only use GR out.

that is good for both sides. something to do for hackers and the appcode is not given away to others with app camping from the other side :)

Scikar
16-10-03, 14:24
The biggest problem is the fact that anti city apartments are safezones. So people use their TG apts to hide and heal in because the magical copbots protect them, then they come and gank a few noobs, then run away again.

der Ed
16-10-03, 14:28
The same goes for raiding TH/ MB.

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 14:52
Originally posted by Scikar
The biggest problem is the fact that anti city apartments are safezones. So people use their TG apts to hide and heal in because the magical copbots protect them, then they come and gank a few noobs, then run away again.

another problem is when anti city come to plaza 1, jump into the aggy pits, holy pest the place, zone upto the plaza 1 safe zone and take no SL hits and cant be shot there.....

Void Dildano
16-10-03, 15:48
Hmm, let me remember something here.... *crankcrank*

Yes now I remember : TG is one of the "difficult factions not recomended for noobs". So if noobs get starting apartment in TG and get Pked, then though sh*t.

It's not like it is a common occurance?

ezza
16-10-03, 15:56
Tg have been doing this at the MB for a long time, personally i dont have a problem with it, just gank him then unless the apartment is set as his primary he wont be back for a while

Scikar
16-10-03, 17:32
There's a difference though, the people that do this keep their apts as primary apts. And you can gank newbies from the ledge outside the upper level apts. In MB, when you raid using an apt you have to go outside or to the GR to gank someone. In TG, you get people stepping out of their apts, killing a newb, then running back into their apt before anyone can kill them.

And if you want to argue that TG is for experienced players only and therefore this is OK, then I say city factions are for new players only, and you shouldn't be in dangerous places like CRP so you have no right to complain about not being able to go there. :rolleyes:

ezza
16-10-03, 17:39
Originally posted by Scikar
There's a difference though, the people that do this keep their apts as primary apts. And you can gank newbies from the ledge outside the upper level apts. In MB, when you raid using an apt you have to go outside or to the GR to gank someone. In TG, you get people stepping out of their apts, killing a newb, then running back into their apt before anyone can kill them.

And if you want to argue that TG is for experienced players only and therefore this is OK, then I say city factions are for new players only, and you shouldn't be in dangerous places like CRP so you have no right to complain about not being able to go there. :rolleyes:

personaly i dont complain dont go there unless its to kill someone or to get killed whichever:p

and as a simple solution to the home GR in the TG people, just stop enemies having the GR set as home if its enemy territory, i dont see a prob with enemy owning a apartment in the TG or MB/TH but i dont think they should be able to GR right in

i though TGs were born capped:D

der Ed
16-10-03, 17:58
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
another problem is when anti city come to plaza 1, jump into the aggy pits, holy pest the place, zone upto the plaza 1 safe zone and take no SL hits and cant be shot there.....

Hopefully this will be solved soon by copbots shooting them.

It would also be a good idea to track kills over zones...

RuButt
16-10-03, 18:02
ive killed many ppl in their appies, and i love it....and i also like it when ppl follow me into my appie! :p

btw, if u see any of my chars running into an apt, just use the password 'nope' - i got like 14 appies a lil bit allover....all with the psw nope :p

-lets go to my appie
-psw?
-nope
-What you mean, nope? - you just invited me to your appie
-nope
-fuck you!
-are you retarted? the fucking password is nope!
-oh