PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Don't Say "Sex" In Tribes 2!

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:02
Well, my friend and I went to a Tribes 2 server we play on from time to time. Usually we keep our mouths shut and have a good time. But now I guess him nor I will ever play there again. Why?

My friend blurted out to me the simple word "Sex". He got no warning, and got banned from the server. I tried defending him by saying it's in other games as part of the game (Neocron), and they told me they should just ban me for my name as it is; my name is |GO|2Hell. I told them to go ahead and boom, I was banned :)

So I guess Tribes 2 is going to turn into a kiddy game? I mean they already have a swear filter implemented; that's not enough? No one go to the server AREA 51: FORTRESS unless you plan on acting like an angel.

Legoias
16-10-03, 01:05
Originally posted by Mankind
Well, my friend and I went to a Tribes 2 server we play on from time to time. Usually we keep our mouths shut and have a good time. But now I guess him nor I will ever play there again. Why?

My friend blurted out to me the simple word "Sex". He got no warning, and got banned from the server. I tried defending him by saying it's in other games as part of the game (Neocron), and they told me they should just ban me for my name as it is; my name is |GO|2Hell. I told them to go ahead and boom, I was banned :)

So I guess Tribes 2 is going to turn into a kiddy game? I mean they already have a swear filter implemented; that's not enough? No one go to the server AREA 51: FORTRESS unless you plan on acting like an angel.

ROFL they're marketing guys will be wondering why the servers only have 5 players online at a time.

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:10
uh you do realize that tribes 2 servers are private hosted (unlike KKs business serves) and if the admin wants to, he can ban you for using the letter "a" in your name, right?

spydre1070
16-10-03, 01:11
i think they banned me cause i kept killing the host :) so after about 10 kills.. i "sexed" his dead body. and he banned me lol uber n00bs :P

=Chojin=
16-10-03, 01:11
and i thourght u could turn the filter off???

SHAZBOT!!!!!!!!

Ch0

spydre1070
16-10-03, 01:13
you can. i did, but i dont normally talk.

•Super|\|ova•
16-10-03, 01:16
haha :lol: that's some true carebear shit :D I'm happy that in NC we don't have that shit. That's like Salvation Army Carebear Association's own server or something :p like even the kiddies wouldn't hear the bad language in school or somewhere else IRL :rolleyes:

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:18
Originally posted by Tazo
uh you do realize that tribes 2 servers are private hosted (unlike KKs business serves) and if the admin wants to, he can ban you for using the letter "a" in your name, right?

So, the game is for 13+. Any 13 year old has heard the story about sex unless their parents locked them into a private school controlled by aliens...but nonetheless being banned for saying "Sex" is the dumbest thing since chocolate bread.

I understand they can do what they want but they are still stiff Admin's who wanna be sissy's and won't let you have the slightest bit of humor with friends.

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:20
of course the admin of the server you played on was being an idiot, no argument there :p

im just saying that it has nothing to do with tribes 2 itself. that would be like saying "LOL valve are wussys" because you got kicked from a server in counterstrike.

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:21
Oops, you're right, the generalization of the topic would say don't say it at all in Tribes 2 or you get banned. Bah I'll leave it :p Most people will get what I was pretty much trying to say.

Legoias
16-10-03, 01:23
chocolate bread.

Mmmmmm Choc-o-late bread .......

I understand they can do what they want but they are still stiff Admin's who wanna be sissy's and won't let you have the slightest bit of humor with friends.

Just because there server are privately hosted that doesn't mean they have to censor everything.

If they want to protect children then they should implement a more restrictive server and leave those that can handle "sex" alone. A poor policy if you ask any online-gamer.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 01:25
BAH tazo is right. You see Mankind, you gave me the wrong impression. :p

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:25
Originally posted by Legoias
If they want to protect children then they should implement a more restrictive server and leave those that can handle "sex" alone. A poor policy if you ask any online-gamer.
there is no spoon... err i mean policy.

a server admin in tribes 2 can do whatever the hell he pleases. if that constitutes banning you for using the word "sex", well, then chuckle at the idiot and go to some other server. its not like the admin is getting money or something.

@mankind: agreed :)

EDIT:

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
BAH tazo is right. You see Mankind, you gave me the wrong impression. :p
OMG 8| *marks day red in calendar* im right! mustve been the first time in years! ;) :p

sparrowtm
16-10-03, 01:30
Maybe you should go back to the server and say "violence". Bet you won't get banned for that o_O

@Tazo: You've been right many times before. People just don't admit it, cause you tend to flame 'em to the ground. :p

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:36
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Maybe you should go back to the server and say "violence". Bet you won't get banned for that o_O

@Tazo: You've been right many times before. People just don't admit it, cause you tend to flame 'em to the ground. :p
hurhur, that might be true. both of it. :D

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 01:40
Mankind we gotta hook up sometime to do some LD or somethin :p

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:42
hurhur, that might be true. both of it. :D

http://www.ukdirt.com/Gallery_files/Jam_PORC_5th_Oct/Night2.jpg = Tazo

phsoot
16-10-03, 01:42
Got myself banned from a BF1942 desert combat server once, I bombed the bejesus out of the airfield while the admin was waiting for a plane :D

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:45
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Mankind we gotta hook up sometime to do some LD or somethin :p

What's LD?

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 01:47
Light Defence o_O

spydre1070
16-10-03, 01:48
im commin!!~

Mankind
16-10-03, 01:50
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Light Defence o_O

Ahh, gotcha. Spydre1070 and I usually play the War2003 mod, so I haven't really played regular Tribes in ages. I'm used to sniping off Mechs and realizing it's not doing shit. Mainly that's what I do. Go off and find an empty area in the darkness. Get out my .50 cal and fire at will. I love emptying a bases turrets and stations :p

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 01:50
Tonight? Tomorrow?
Tomorrow Afternoon/eve would be best for me o_O

Sounds like you're HO ...(Heavy offence), hmmm, maybe we should do some BeoWulf Pwnz0ring :p

spydre1070
16-10-03, 01:52
right now even? lol. gotta be war2003 mod tho. ( i sux at the regular game ) tho i havnt played any other mods.

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:52
http://www.ukdirt.com/Gallery_files/Jam_PORC_5th_Oct/Night2.jpg = Tazo
ROFL

maybe its time for a new avatar :p

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 01:54
I don't have War2003 :|
Base++ = Teh Win generally... out of the stuff I tried, which was sphynx, renegades2, base, base++ pizzamod (?) and some other stuff....

Heh, simply because I love LD/LO/LMid-field-fucking-everyone-off-as-they-move-between-areas-because-noone-else-does o_O

Mankind
16-10-03, 02:02
maybe I should post this on the AREA51: Fortress forums if they got em:

http://www.leaveittobeaver.org/images/vagina.jpg

sparrowtm
16-10-03, 03:31
maybe its time for a new avatar :p

Nooooooooooooo ... you know I love your's :eek:

TraumaTeam
16-10-03, 16:49
being banned for saying "Sex" is the dumbest thing since chocolate bread

You forgot about Pepsi Blue... :)

•Super|\|ova•
16-10-03, 16:55
Originally posted by TraumaTeam
You forgot about Pepsi Blue... :)

LOL! That was pathetic :lol:

RuButt
16-10-03, 17:06
ya...

i hate lamers...

swear filter = suxx, esp. on private servers

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 17:15
Originally posted by sparrowtm

It's better than sex when he's wrong tho :D even tries to deny it, untill everyone in the thread's against him *cough*apparitionbossmob*cough* :lol:

Tazo
16-10-03, 17:17
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
It's better than sex when he's wrong tho :D even tries to deny it, untill everyone in the thread's against him *cough*apparitionbossmob*cough* :lol:
hey, at least i admitted i was wrong, heh :o

besides, looks like callash made the same mistake, so i seem to be in good company :p

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 17:20
hey, at least i admitted i was wrong, heh :o

besides, looks like callash made the same mistake, so i seem to be in good company :p

nah you were just being a parrot :p

jokez :angel:

OMG YES NID THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU FOR REMOVING RUBUTTS FECKING SIG :D

P4mp3rk3
16-10-03, 17:23
the dumbest thing since chocolate bread.

WTF what's your problem dude!! 8| ;)
anyway, it is stupid to ban you for saying sex, lol, bit funny too though:lol:

Tazo
16-10-03, 17:28
http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/5/tazoparrot.jpg

Mankind
16-10-03, 17:31

jokez :angel:

And his sig was against the rules?

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 17:40
And his sig was against the rules?

it gave 99.9% of all forum readers a instant fit upon viewing the damn sig o_O

tazo if i knew your chars name ingame... i'd goto your server and grief you 24/7 :p

VetteroX
16-10-03, 17:41
playing counter-strike and BF 1942, there have honestly been some admins that have made me wish i was an expert hacker so i could crash thier servers. I HATE servers where you cant curse, i mean its ok to blow somenes head off, but not say "die bitch" or "fuck you" I mean wtf? is the server in a church or in a kindergarden classroom or something? People who curse in every sentance they make are a bit annoying, but people who never curse are weird too.

And then we have the admins who kick you because your better then they are... god I love thoes. I cant count how many times ive shot down the wrong plane with my plane too many times and hear "ok fuck this thats it. bye vet" *kick* Or mowing down 1/2 the terrorist team in CS dust hall or milita sewer with m249 para "omg ok thats BS, bye vet" *kick* damn punks... are about the game so much you have your own server but suck so bad at the game they have to kick me.

Tazo
16-10-03, 17:43
tazo if i knew your chars name ingame... i'd goto your server and grief you 24/7 :p
that would be most interesting to see, as i am in a 3 members clan with stealthspys only :angel:

obliterator + silent hunter > fenyx

:cool:

RuButt
16-10-03, 17:51

hehe, was gonna remove it myself, but thx to niddy i didnt have to! :D

and it wasnt breaking any rules...but ppl didnt like it (i actually blocked it myself - heh)

oh, and i would have changed it to something like, 'nice' - but a text saying that niddy removed my sig, makes me feel...awesome :p

anyways....here is the sig:

http://photopile.com/photos/asdffff/family/42707.gif

Original monk
16-10-03, 18:52
With all violance - sex - drugs and wathever of that sweet stuff on television, in the news, newspapers, magazines, well in every so called media there's atleast one off those 3 ingredients and if you say sex on a tribes2 server ya get banned ? Who is the leadGM there ? the pope ? :p

weird people over there in the tribes2 community i say

(respect fo the pope, altough he wont last long i think. But they been telling that fo 10 years now)

Cryotchekk
16-10-03, 19:08
rofl, i loved tribes one coz it was a hardcore alternative to say UT and CS, but it became all noobish close before tribes 2 came out and the banned names like 'got milk' and then tribes 2 was shit so i stopped playing

phunqe
16-10-03, 19:18
MY GOD!!!

Getting banned for saying "sex". WTF is this world turning into... a kiddy MTV version where all "hand signs" are blurred out, the mouth blurred when you say a fould word and beeps to go along with it.

I'm so f*cking tired if this shit.
We we born naked, screaming from the top of our lungs. IF we could speak at that time if would be "WTF PUT ME BACK IN H4X SEX". No, just ban nudity and all other stuff that we all(?) so intelligently decided is bad(????), all in good MTV CRAP STYLE.

I will refrain from mentioning countries where people apparently are more "sensitive" or some crap...

out

EDIT: Yes, I'm in a CRAP mood today

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 19:37
Originally posted by phunqe
We we born naked, screaming from the top of our lungs. IF we could speak at that time if would be "WTF PUT ME BACK IN H4X SEX".

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAA
bastard i spit coffee on my £50 keyboard :(

Leebzie
16-10-03, 23:32
One thing i gotta really give KK credit for is not being really sad about swearing. Yeah if ur being genuinely totally out of order then fair enough. KK even gave us an emote for sex :D :D :D

banned for saying "sex"

how the hell do you greet people man O_o

Just reminds me how lame some people can be. a big STFU to u lame pplz. :p