PDA

View Full Version : Anime / Manga ?

Valmur
15-10-03, 19:03
Check out the poll ^^

http://www.tzcrew.net/animegirl.jpg
- "Oh Valmur!" she said
- "Yeah, I know you love me" I replied

Sorry for bad drawing ;) I took the picture from my sketches with a crappy webcam and colored it with erm. Nevermind that ^^

*ph33r*
15-10-03, 19:07
^________________________^

Lol er, never really been a big Anime/Manga/Whatever fan.. looks kinda cool... but eh doesn't appeal to me for some reason 8|

Hippieman
15-10-03, 19:13
I like some animes. Just not the ones that whisper so low you cant hear even with the TV on max and its a drama. I like ones where the guy of the show gets punched into the air by the one hes attracted to since he barged into the group of girl's hot spring( Love Hina). Oh and I dont like the American DBZ, thats a disgrace. Anyone know if the real Japanese DBZ is more enjoyable then the American one?

Valmur
15-10-03, 19:18
Love Hina was and is great. The manga is even better.
I wish they'll bring Hinata dormitory back... Along with Naru, Keitaro and everyone else ^^ So sad it's over now.
DBZ Japanese has very crappy voice actors but it IS better than the American one. Everything dubbed from Japanese to English is crappy ;)

RuriHoshino
15-10-03, 19:22
Yes, I like Anime/Manga. After all, my ava is from The Devil Lady.:D

MrBane
15-10-03, 19:24
Watch: Jihn Roh - Wolf Brigade for a great drama film. Best script I've heard in a long while.

Of course, GITS: SAC is just... Orgasmic.. Rarrrrgh

Hippieman
15-10-03, 19:27
Also I hate hate hate hate La Blue girl type animes. I never knew tentacles could do that to a women.

nonamebrandeggs
15-10-03, 19:28
I'm watchin Hellsing/Chobits right now, a lot more entertaining than American TV with misleading ads that make people commit suicide on Xmas.

Valmur
15-10-03, 22:03
Hellsing has very fine animation and the voice actors rock.
Chobits... I'm going to miss it.. Even I still have everything related to it .. ^^

Richard Angelus
15-10-03, 22:14
*searching a CD with a very cute anime picture*

/Edit: ah found
these was wallpaper on a game CD...so I hope that I get no Problems
picture 1 (http://home.arcor.de/holyangel/Bilder/D03L24.JPG)
picture 2 (http://home.arcor.de/holyangel/Bilder/D04L24.JPG)

/Edit 2: oh yeah i like Anime/Manga

Jest
15-10-03, 22:38
Originally posted by MrBane
Watch: Jihn Roh - Wolf Brigade for a great drama film. Best script I've heard in a long while.

Of course, GITS: SAC is just... Orgasmic.. Rarrrrgh Yah I'm up to episode 16 for GITS: SAC and my old room mate is gonna send the rest to me on cd once he gets a chance. It is probably the best anime series there is. I'm definitely gonna buy it on dvd when I get the chance.

I've really wanted to see Jihn Roh but I haven't had a chance yet. I actually forgot about it until you reminded me. Might have to rent it for a Friday night viewing... you know, after all my hot dates are also done that night... :lol:

icarium
15-10-03, 23:52
mmmm manga hellsing is brilliant, superb music. trigun rocks also. am looking for next series to get my hands on, am considering cowboy bepop.

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 23:53
I hate anime with all my heart.

icarium
15-10-03, 23:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

boooooooo :mad:

:angel:

you still love the ARS shad? 0_o

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 23:59
Do I still love the anti-radiation suit? Why yes I do. :)

Dribble Joy
16-10-03, 00:02
FLCL
Love hina
.hack//sign (currently half way through, still trying to decide whether I like it)
SE: Lain
Blue Gender for some reason.
Cowboy Bebop

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 00:30
God don't make me list :p

btw;

Nadesico in it's english dub was several times better than it's japanese original version...

But then again Nadesico's english dub was nearly the whole ADVUK "Stars" in one cast :p

may post pictures later :p

Kasumi
16-10-03, 01:08
Ohhh Anime is the bestestest ;P By the way QD thats the first time i ever heard someone say an english dub is better than a japanese version of anime lol ^_^;; than again it might be but i think Nadesico was horrible :) BY the way if anyone wants a good action but less serious anime than i would reccomend Ikkitousen :P

Birkoff
16-10-03, 01:43
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

:-/ And i was beggining to think you were alright :/

Just started watching Love Hina again.. hence being called . Naru Narusegawa on saturn :/

Kasumi
16-10-03, 01:55
hehe oohh Love Hina -_-* hte 3 Episode OVA was alot better than the actual 25 episodes ^_^;; the Christmas special was okie.. spring special wasnt so good :\

Birkoff
16-10-03, 01:56
Haven't seen the special episodes.. Getting them now :)

Dribble Joy
16-10-03, 01:59
Is there only 3 episodes to the 'squel' ? (sp?) I have only watched the first one, so I don't know the ending, if there is one.

Kasumi
16-10-03, 02:03
Yes dribble its only 3 episodes ;P but it looks alot better than Love Hina as well the animation and design of the character is far better :) than the original 25 ^_^;; but could be because it came out 2 years after Love Hina :P

Lareolan
16-10-03, 06:04
I didn't really like Love Hina myself. I thought Ai Yori Aoshi was much better though. :p

I really like all the characters and the concept is somewhat similar. So if you want to see a Shounen-ai (is that what these are called?) anime, I'd recommend "Ai Yori Aoshi" :)

But yes, I LOVE anime and I've seen hundreds of shows :P

(Not to mention I have 70GB of HDD space and ~600CDs full of fansubbed anime. Only been collecting for 4 years really. I'm behind.) :D

Kasumi
16-10-03, 06:09
lol bah tlak about abuseing fansubs... fansubs are there to get you interested into anime... :) and if you cant get them they are there.. by the way 600 CDs? hehe i would say your stealing more than using.. ;) lol ^_^ I am a big anime fan as well.. 400+ DvDs :P but mines is all paid for ^_^;; by the way Ai Yori Aoshi was awesome.. so its the second season :)

Drexel
16-10-03, 06:26
I just thought id contribute because of my avatar.

<---- Shes cute, gotta love the redheads.

Oh, and why is a guy with HATE as his avatar making such cute sketches O_o

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 06:48
.......Asuka...........cute.........?

Kasumi
16-10-03, 06:52
QD you goober get on AIM i have a question for you! lol and Asuka? -_-* bah shes from the worst anime ever created.. i have no ideas why people have such a facination with Eva.. it was probably the second or third worst anime ever produced in my opinion..

Drake6k
16-10-03, 06:57
Naruto > everything

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 06:58
You seem to hate all the animes I like :|

Lareolan
16-10-03, 07:30
Originally posted by Kasumi
lol bah tlak about abuseing fansubs... fansubs are there to get you interested into anime... :) and if you cant get them they are there.. by the way 600 CDs? hehe i would say your stealing more than using.. ;) lol ^_^ I am a big anime fan as well.. 400+ DvDs :P but mines is all paid for ^_^;; by the way Ai Yori Aoshi was awesome.. so its the second season :)

Well, technically it's not stealing since I can't use them. Not only do I not have a DVD player, but also I do not know Japanese making it hard to order Japanese DVDs. And since 99% of the shows I downloaded and burned weren't available (And some still aren't) over here in any format OTHER than fansubs, then you really can't use the stealing clause with me. And yes, I'd buy stuff if I could afford it, but considering I'm a university student with current debt at ~20k and will get even more debt before I graduate and get a job, I can't really afford to either. Also, in my defence, I'm a packrat, I like collecting stuff I probably will never even use. I still have anime on those CDs I haven't watched yet and I also never returned to watch anything a second time after some of the shows got released over here. Finally, I have not distributed any shows that have had North American releases and are therefore copyrighted here, hence I'm good in that aspect also. Now, I'm not saying it's 100% ok to just watch fansubs, but it's basically the case of, I can't afford to spend money on anime at the moment being in debt as I am. So it's either I watch fansubs, get my friends who have money insterested and they buy it (for themselves or as presents for me) and hence generate some income for the industry indirectly then I deprive both myself and my friends of the joy of good anime and the industry of the money they wouldn't get from my friends. (Since they won't get any from me in either case).

So there goes my quasi-justification for being a quasi-immoral anime fan. :)

(In my defence, I do have a few of my most favorite anime on DVDs collecting dust since I don't have a DVD player. Among them "Ah! Megami Sama - the movie" and "Mononoke Hime". I also watch all anime that comes to theaters. hehe. I give back what little I can.)

And as for Ai Yori Aoshi 2nd season? I didn't even know there was one... :(
Somehow I doubt the show will be released in North America.

Kasumi
16-10-03, 07:42
hehe the AI Yori Aoshi second season just started airing in japan :) it will be awhile before its liscensed by americans hehe ^_^;; hehe and i understand what your saying i suppose.. sorry for what i said..

QuantumDelta
16-10-03, 07:48
It's completely legal to download non-US/UK Lisenced anime in those countries, and distrubute them if you do so without looking for a corperate profit.

Valmur
16-10-03, 08:42
I'm trying to find cheap-ish Mahoromatic season 2 DVD's and OVA's ^^
Neocron should have an anime character O.o

Kasumi
16-10-03, 08:51
@Valmur lol do you know what your signature means ? ^^;;\
@QD Yes i know its legal..but i wont go into it lol ^_^;;

Valmur
16-10-03, 10:56
@Kasumi-san
Ano.. un -> "Ecchi/being pervert is wrong" ;)

‚»‚Å‚Ë ^^

Kasumi
16-10-03, 11:08
hehe Valmur you speak japanese? lol or just know a bit of it? ^_^;; sorry for OT..

Valmur
16-10-03, 11:16
Mm.. Watashi wa Nihon-jin dewaarimasen demo...Still can talk it.
I've started writing with hiragana lately.. It's way easier to learn than katakana O.o. Then I'm taking kanji. Have to master it all ;)
It's quite easy-ish for me to learn since I am Finnish.. Finnish and Japanese have many similarities in the language.
I'm going to Kyoto for some months sooner or later.. ^_^

Lareolan
16-10-03, 14:59
@Kasumi, sorry about the offtopic question but I was wondering if you are Japanese or if you simply live in Japan. Because for a native Japanese girl, you have a remarkably good control of the English language. (This is said from exposure to Japanese guys and girls who have been in Canada for 1-4 years and still hardly speak the language). So I was just really curious.

Lathuc
16-10-03, 15:09
vandread owns all

ichinin
16-10-03, 16:34
In general i think it sux. Except for "Ghost in the shell".

Marx
16-10-03, 16:40
http://andre.lopes.free.fr/Hentai/banner3.jpg

Give me oddly proportioned schoolgirls in a school full of demons and aliens saying things I cannot understand.

:D

Tombad
16-10-03, 18:13
Yup, I like anime too, but I can't be arsed to list all the animes I like, so
I'll just list the ones I'm currently watching:

Naruto - Rocks (And so does the manga)
Last Exile - Well, it's GONZO, whaddya expect. Rocks too.
Planetes (or Planet ES) - Quite good serie.
Full Metal Alchemist - Yeah, this is nice too.
Peace Maker Kurogane - Reminds me of Kenshin.

And some other series not worth mentioning.

(And btw. I think NGE is seriously overrated)

StryfeX
17-10-03, 00:02
I like anime. I've personally watched the full series of Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, and Trigun.

Personally, I don't really know why Eva's considered really good. It has good animation, and the plot is one hell of a thinker, but meh. It just didn't strike my fancy. Also... Whoever thinks Asuka is cute ought be shot. Beauty is only skin deep with her... if that. Quite frankly, she's a bitch and makes no secret about it.

*Ahem*

Anyway. Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are definately favorites of mine, CB probably moreso because of the setting (psuedo cyber-punk). I've seen a few episodes from other shows, but none have really caught my attention yet.

@Hippieman, I don't think La Blue Girl is quite classed as "anime" per se. :lol:

--Stryfe

Kasumi
17-10-03, 00:11
Originally posted by Lareolan
@Kasumi, sorry about the offtopic question but I was wondering if you are Japanese or if you simply live in Japan. Because for a native Japanese girl, you have a remarkably good control of the English language. (This is said from exposure to Japanese guys and girls who have been in Canada for 1-4 years and still hardly speak the language). So I was just really curious.
hehe yes i am japanese.. I have been studying english for hrmm 15 years... :) so my english isnt the greatest but its "ok" ^_^;;

(And btw. I think NGE is seriously overrated)
Wow cant believe someone agrees with me -_-*

Anyone know if the real Japanese DBZ is more enjoyable then the American one? real japanese DBZ? :P lol its alot better than the american version... even though i dont like either -_-*

ino
17-10-03, 01:00
OI!.. ppl need to start download Naruto :).. it's really really good. I saw like one who mentioned it..

to list fav animes is just a pain cause there are so many good ones

:The famous edit.

oh.. and obviously I enjoy both anime and mangas

Lareolan
17-10-03, 01:26
Originally posted by ino
OI!.. ppl need to start download Naruto :).. it's really really good. I saw like one who mentioned it..

to list fav animes is just a pain cause there are so many good ones

:The famous edit.

oh.. and obviously I enjoy both anime and mangas

Please don't make me list. I'm anime addict :(

And yes, Naruto is definitely one of the best. And fuzzy-eyebrows (Rock Lee) rocks! :P

But I'm too lazy to list all the shows I like, especially considering that the list will probably get this message board to crash and burn :P

QuantumDelta
17-10-03, 01:51
Naruto isn't my favourite anime, but it's still one of the very best.

AlphaGremlin
17-10-03, 13:51
Geji Mayu!
I've recently gotten into Naruto, and am eagerly awaiting 54's arrival. :)

AlphaGremlin
17-10-03, 13:53
Sorry for double-post. Accidentally hit Enter twice :S
Favourite scenes would have to be Sasuke vs Orochimaru, and Rock Lee vs Gaara.

ino
17-10-03, 16:12
Ohh.. lock lee :)..

But Gaara is oohh so much cooler..