PDA

View Full Version : New Customer (3 weeks) Dissapointed

Crashtec
15-10-03, 17:00
I have been playing Neocron often for the last 2 or 3 weeks and have been very excited about playing. I have been leveling inside the city and outzone areas looking forward to the exploration of the wastelands.
While experimenting without the LE chip implant I was slaughtered by someone who understandably was an enemy faction to mine but multi levels higher. Death means very little and the obvious solution was to re-implant the LE chip, so I am not in the least bothered.
I have constructed a hovertech and driven out to military base to find that the guards at military base are also displeased with my faction. Again, this is understandable and actually very entertaining.
I took a trip to Twilight Guardian to try and find a fusion pistol but half way there I was attacked by some huge flying UFO. I was thrown from my bike and had to regroup in the city and make a trek on foot to find my bike. I had found it after a long run.
After continuing along on my hovertech to TG I came to the conclusion it would be wise to activate any genereps I came across so as to have a close spawn point to retrieve my hovertech and backpack if I was again killed. I found 2 genereps and activated them.
On my way again, speeding past huge monsters and dinosaur sized bats, I spotted in the distance a structure I assumed was part of the Twilight Guardian stronghold. As I am speeding recklessly toward the structure imagining the fusion pistol I am about to purchase I hear the unmistakable sound of fusion explosions and bright orange bursts blow past me on all sides. I veer off to the right in a panic and crash into the side of a cliff. Not even a moment later a slew a fusion bursts slam into my back and I'm dead.
I choose the most recent generep to spawn and think a of quick ninja style plan to get my hovertech and backpack. However I find myself in my apartment about 100 miles away from where I wanted to be. I try to generep to the closest point and I get the message that I cannot warp because another faction is in control of the generep. Now I'm extremely irritated and was having a great time trying to get to TG, only to have my fun severed and flushed down the proverbial toilet. I stop playing in frustration.
A day passes and I find that luckily my hovertech has respawned to the garage and have given up the trek to TG for the time being and surrendered to spamming the plaza for the gun or its blueprint I was in search of. I never found one nor was it nearly as fun as the adventure I tried to take to find one.
I again decided to venture out into the vast wastelands in search of danger and to quench my thirst for exploring the vast areas of the world. I had read that there were Cyclops to fight at or around Chester Lab and hopped on my hovertech to investigate. After about 10 or 15 minutes I finally arrive and disembark. I found the generep and activated it and started to look around. I didn’t see any Cyclops but I found other runners at a terminal. I proceeded to ask if I was in the right place for the monster I was searching but got no response. I found a basement and took a look around the very clean looking subterranean laboratory. After only finding a medicament salesman I returned to the surface. I saw an interesting weapon in the ground and assumed it to be a turret that I had heard about. The turret turned toward me and pointed right in my face and blew my away. I was suprised to say the least. I selected the generep and again found myself in my apartment, now about 300 miles from where I wanted to be. I tried desperately to generep to the laboratory only to receive the same message about the ownership of the genereps.
This is where I am now, VERY disappointed and frustrated that I cannot explore the vast area of the world without the assistance of the genereps. Basically I can venture out into the wastelands to try to fight monsters but if I die I'll have to spend a month running back to where I was, considering my hovertech would be stranded out in the middle of nowhere for hours before it respawned in the garage.
What a waste of time. Is this game supposed to be fun or a restrictive burden? I assure you I will not be paying for it much longer if I cannot have the convenience of the genereps like I understood from the description of the game when I purchased.
What a rip-off.

New and soon to be former customer,
Crashtec

Genty
15-10-03, 17:07
Just out of interest, have you ever tried to DM someone in the clan that holds an OP you are trying to get to? I am sure if you requested they opened it for a few mins they would allow you to pass through. It seems a shame for you to leave over such a minor thing, you are yet to experience many things this game has to offer so I really do advise you stay a little longer.

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 17:08
What server?

And @ "Genrep woes" heh, don't ever play everquest....

Cyphor
15-10-03, 17:10
Unfortunatley this game is structured strongly on a faction system, in order to gr to a warzone gr the clan that holds it has to allow access to it, most clan will only allow acess to their allies. Also areas such as MB (the home of city mercs) have faction guards who will attack their enemies. Perhalps dimond real estate or crahn are a better choice of factions for starting out. Crahn for anti city, dimond ofr city. You can always change later if you decde you dont like them ;) .
Another option would be to join a strong clan, they should be able to help with getting weapons and if they hold alot of ops it may be easier for you to get about. Depending on your server you may have to change faction to find a big clan.
Whats your faction btw? Im guessing black dragon as mb guards and tg guards dont like you, imo BD arent a good starting faction if you dont know the game as they have alot of emnemies.

Lorcin
15-10-03, 17:16
You do not mention which faction you are but it sounds like you picked the wrong one.

You could either change faction (but you need 300k to do this and 50 sympathy with the faction you wish to go to) or start again!

City Mercs sounds like it would be a good choice for you atm as they control sizeable parts of the map and your character will start at MB rather then having to level in NC again.

The other "smart" choices on Saturn atm are Tangent and Twighlight Guardians (scum ) between the 3 factions they control 99% of the maps GR's.

If you want to change faction drop me a PM and I'll happily help you out in game.

Don't give up on the game just because you picked the wrong faction - it has a LOT more to offer if you only just left the city.

ezza
15-10-03, 17:20
from what you say id say you have gone BD, if thats the case you proberbly have chosen a tough starter faction, as all the major factions have a dis like for us(on saturna anyway).

the genreps are a pain, but just a small point but you could of tried walking, my char cant drive but he runs all over the place as BD there is very few Grs that i can chose from but i still get about the place.

maybe protopharma would of been a better starter choice they to my knowledge can prety much go anywhere on the map

and you still had a laugh getting to where you wanted to go.

i remember setting off to the MB for the first time as a noob with 6 other clan mates, by the time we got there only 2 of us made it lol and we all went on foot

Heavyporker
15-10-03, 17:23
Crashtec - make your way to the public GRs (you will know when there isnt OPs in the same zone as them)

and there are other areas to find Cyclops than the MB sector. In fact, there are cyclops in the Outzone... try going down in the storage areas ;)

And you really shouldn't be going alone in the wastelands unless you're experienced in the ways of the wild. Try teaming up with people your level.

Crashtec
15-10-03, 17:24
I am BD but I don't mind being attacked by the guards, it is actually fun and thrilling. If I got killed at military base at least I could respawn there instead of the huge distance back to the city. The main complaint is I don't know how I can explore the wastelands when once I die I am returned to the city with no transportation. I don't want to leave the game, I have been very excited about all the possibilities but the frustration of being restricted from warping to parts of the map after activating the generep outweighs the fun.

Though I didn't realize the clans can change the status of the generep to unlocked. But what a logistics nightmare to contact someone to unlock it for just me. Or is it?

Are there numerous public genreps? I looked at the map from http://neocron.ems.ru/world.jpg , but it looks as though each is at an outpost.

Going alone so far has been fine, my character is almost level 40 overall, and I dont mind the deaths, but just the slingshot back to the city sucks.

and I am on saturn.

Heavyporker
15-10-03, 17:28
Not really a logistics problem, usually - just use F9, worldmap, and then you SHOULD be able to see who/what owns what and if there are public GRs (note - you might need a special map made by players for that)

Failing that, use a citycom, search Info for Outposts, see what clans own the OP and the OP's security settings.

Then you can do a search on the citycom for the clans, see who of their members are on, then Direct Message them.

ezza
15-10-03, 17:28
as poker mentioned there are a few GRs that are open GRs like the obvious ones of MB TG and TH, als o point red, crest village(think its village) also the one at elfarid and umm that other one, damn cant remember the name

if you BD on saturn give me a shout should be able to help you out in some way, you can contact me in game on Diabolus Decor, though not in game atm:( damn work:mad:

Heavyporker
15-10-03, 17:30
Aw, man, don't give it all away. Let him have the joy of finding out.

shend
15-10-03, 17:30
directing someone from a different clan/faction is actually a way to meet people. just look at the city com who owns the op, look who's online and talk to the highest in rank.
or better, join a clan and takeover the op :D

if u play on pluto, just yell for help

KRIMINAL99
15-10-03, 17:32
Sounds to me like TG is hostile to you. You can't go places that are hostile to you without being shot. There are certain genreps in the game that are not OP controlled. They are the ones not in the same zones as OP's Also press f9 and the faction button and security buttons. Look for any OPs that say AE, and Any OP owned by your faction that says AF. Those are the genreps you can use so you should explore there if you want to leave the city.

Why don't you explore Neocron itself until you are higher level and have an understanding of the game? (Assuming you are not someone posting on an alt account who just doesn't like gr ownership)

Judge
15-10-03, 17:34
Ah yes the genrep changes.......

A mixed bag indeed.

Gotterdammerung
15-10-03, 17:34
Though you don't mention your faction, it's safe to say you'd have been killed at TG anyway as those orange fusion balls comming at you on your trek were most likely fired by some TG npc guards in the wastes as you are probably a hostile faction. The same sounds true for the military base.

However, having the genreps at an owned op open for any/everyone wouldn't bode well for the owning clan would it. It would essentially mean that any opposing clan that wanted to take the op could genrep right to it's front door at any time.

Try using the venture warp, stick to using your hoverbike or if you havn't done so make a character on a 4 character server and choose a more mainstream faction. The exp you glean from a character that has many more options open to it will invariably help you on your main character.

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 17:38
He's BlackDragon;
Hostile to;

City Mercs, Fallen Angels, Twilight Guardian, City Admin, Tsunami Syndicate ..... anyone else?

ezza
15-10-03, 17:44
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Aw, man, don't give it all away. Let him have the joy of finding out.

give the Gr names outo_O not that much of a give away really there noted on the map

MjukisDjur
15-10-03, 17:45
[leave the cheeseball remarks at the door]

ezza
15-10-03, 17:46
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
He's BlackDragon;
Hostile to;

City Mercs, Fallen Angels, Twilight Guardian, City Admin, Tsunami Syndicate ..... anyone else?

diamond scum real estate

Ren
15-10-03, 17:49
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
[edited for consistency]

why flame a new person?
thats what keeps the population low.

MjukisDjur
15-10-03, 17:52
Take any game in the market - you cannot just stroll around how you want in the world without getting killed really fast as a noob.
Even I understood that in the beginning and I really suck at this shit

superfresh
15-10-03, 17:55
Don't be so quickly discouraged.

Supposedly BD is one of the hardest factions to play because they have so many enemies, and some very well populated ones.

Also, IMO, TG is the most well protected place in the game. You first have to get by replicants to get near it, unless you come from the North, and then the geography makes it tough to escape the firemobs and hoverbots you'll run into. Then you meet the guards, who are a lot tougher than what you'd see at TH or the Military Base. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a BD at TG. Not a live one anyway.

KK is a little slow with the bugs and changes but over time responds to and resolves most technical and gameplay issues. The current genrep system is unpopular with a lot of people, and KK has said that they plan to add more neutral ones to the Wastelands.

Personally I think if you're brand new and are trying to get to TG as a Black Dragon then you're very ambitious.

Crashtec
15-10-03, 17:56
MjukisDjur:
If you read me correctly I posted serverly times I don't mind being killed. I know the risks, but I didn't know I wouldn't be able to respawn at most GR's.

LTA
15-10-03, 17:57
RTFM!!!!!111.....

o wait the manual is for a completely different neocron.. i keep forgetting O_o

ezza
15-10-03, 17:58
Originally posted by Crashtec
MjukisDjur:
If you read me correctly I posted serverly times I don't mind being killed. I know the risks, but I didn't know I wouldn't be able to respawn at most GR's.

you do now:D

hopefully you wont quit the game over this as its a cool game if you give it a chance

icarium
15-10-03, 18:01
unfortunately m8 the gr rules are a major annoyance to everyone (except fanboys of course) and just one of the inconsistencies of neocron, the focus is on clans / op wars sadly. there is no place for the new or solo player. find the biggest clan you can, join that faction then ask to join that clan. it used to be you could travel anywhere with an le but they stopped that as well.

btw the inconsistency i am referring to is that they are making the focus of the game PVP / op wars for which you need to be high level and have rares, yet they have made it much harder for people to get anywhere to level and made rares very hard to get hold of, this would be fine except players who have been here a while have all the rare weps they need or want, its only the new player who finds it incredibly difficult to level or get decent weapons. if i were you i would leave the game, leave it a few months and try again, hopefully kk will start to get the message, because i bet you sure as hell aint the only person to have left due to the problems you describe.

SigmaDraconis
15-10-03, 18:25
even tho FA is supposedly a "harder" starter faction i suggest trying to start a new charactor there because
1) more nuetral factions
2) even if you get knocked back to yur apt your still in the middle of the world :D
3)i like blue, and FA reminds me of blue...

umm just make sure you dont go FA on Pluto o.0

Spy<VS>Spy
15-10-03, 18:39
Greatings! new runner, and welcome to neocron...I'm your local board whore known simply as spy.

Well, frankly i'm surprised that not only did you download or buy this game, but you succedded on surviving the patch process! so your already a tough cookie in my book and clearly from your adventure i can already see that you would probably be a good companion to have in a team or clan. a sencible reasoning system and the thirst for exsperincing a game by the horns to enjoy its entirety.

You, above all people, are not daunted to by the cut and paste rules set forth that vets everywhere take for granted. you roll with the punches.

First, let me state, bugger that to your black dragon choice in faction. a better exploring clan would be fallen angles (they start off in the middle of the map.) and protofarm. (the faction is only at war with like two other factions.)

from your story i observed you have run into neocrons many ill thought ideals. in the past, activating genreps was vital to exploration...walk for a long time and decide, hey lets stop and take a break, well treck on tomorow. head to the nearest genrep and continue from that point.

Not true! those genreps arnt for you, those are for clans, well...BIG clans. clans of factions that are not balanced in the least.

bully for you that you went hovertech, a smart move. though you might want to allocate the full 62 points into vehicle use and enjoy the complete humble protection of the APC...with a remote repair tool and some nanites, along with a 60 repair skill you can survive most sitations without worrying about trying to seek out those hidden and far between warp garages!

You see, the fatal flaw in this game right now...is that KK doesnt honostly give a rats ass, for your single runner. sad but true, they dont give it a second thought what faction a new runner will join, how that will reflect their game play exsperince and how in the hell they will enjoy it on their own. because...haha...you cant.

the friendly GM's advice here was a kind gesture...but lets be realistic here...you COULD throw yourself all over the wastland...but whats that going to accomplish really...the only genreps of ANY value to you are city genreps...and if your black dragon...the ONLY city you can collect them in is neocron...yeah, you can tell kk placed ALLOT of thought when setting black dragon up.

All is not lost however, you are simply trying to have fun by yourself, which KK doesnt want you to do, you should join a big clan. probably led by some short little austrian guy with a funny mustash under his nose. haha...well no, some clans are cool...but at any rate.

you MUST change your faction, preferably reroll your charactor. i'd suggest a monk, they are the most powerful class in the game. while being a hybrid (a monk who does both agressive and defencive spells...think red mage) wont be very good at PvP he's a PRIME explorer class and depends mostly on himself.

your best bet though, is to find some friendly type buddy's, sometimes it can be hard...face it, if you wanna avoid the painful aggervation this game gives you, someones gona have to tell you how to avoid it. (there are some very good things in this game.)

in short, i do hope you stay a bit longer. and if you need any help, my name is the same as my forum name in game on the pluto server. if your on the saturn server, give me a DM i will tell you my charactors there.

i know pretty much every map, faction, clan, class, weapon in the game...I'm also a master constructor on the pluto server, so if you need items for anything...i can get it for ya.

just dont tell anyone i was a helpful player or anything, i have an image to maintain about hateing the game and everyone in it and all that garbage. ;)

evs
15-10-03, 18:44
lol spy so true :)

Spikadelia
15-10-03, 18:45
Crashtec,
Hang in there, I believe there are more public GR's planned to be introduced which will avoid some of the lockdown problems.

The faction/OP/turret situation is tricky and believe me after almost a year playing I still make mistakes or find myself turned into a cloud of blood regularly. Joining a dominant faction will open GR access to you at lower level and then later on you can choose a clan to fight for your right to GR where the hell you want!

Good luck, it's a tough world out there.... particularly if when you finally get to TG you run into a City Merc raiding party and get caught in the crossfire!
But that's another story....

Original monk
15-10-03, 19:05
Originally posted by icarium
unfortunately m8 the gr rules are a major annoyance to everyone (except fanboys of course) and just one of the inconsistencies of neocron, the focus is on clans / op wars sadly. there is no place for the new or solo player. find the biggest clan you can, join that faction then ask to join that clan. it used to be you could travel anywhere with an le but they stopped that as well.

btw the inconsistency i am referring to is that they are making the focus of the game PVP / op wars for which you need to be high level and have rares, yet they have made it much harder for people to get anywhere to level and made rares very hard to get hold of, this would be fine except players who have been here a while have all the rare weps they need or want, its only the new player who finds it incredibly difficult to level or get decent weapons. if i were you i would leave the game, leave it a few months and try again, hopefully kk will start to get the message, because i bet you sure as hell aint the only person to have left due to the problems you describe.

Man, i dont say this alot to people but: youre a 100% right, 300% even, i could not said it better myself, not in the world.

@ crashtec: welcome here in neocron, i will start telling you that you will meet more off these dissapointments in the future, but dont phear, these feelings are getting rarer and rarer as soon you play a bit longer, it happend to you once but it wont happen to you again cause now you start to know youre way around neocron. You will be impressed/amazed more if ya keep playing, theres always sumthing new to know or see. But: danger is always behind the corner :) thats what keeps it intresting hé.
You will know by now that drivin full speed in dangerous area's like the wastelands isnt always the best thing to do hehe, i can tell ya that when i was a beginner, then i mean playing this game 2 to 3 weeks i was still wondering around exploring in the city hehe, it took me a month even longer before i went outside (outzone one that was :) ) to discover the wastelands and get my first ray of real neocron outside sunshine :). It was virtual heaven.
So i think its allready pretty brave of you that youre determined to go to MB and TG etc with youre vehicule, in my first 3 weeks my monk was still recycling chittins ya see.

By the reading of youre txt i noticed you are determined, opening a forumaccount and telling you youre toughts of the game after a few weeks of playing is pretty smart also, i can honestly say that its very intresting reading youre first toughts, i suggest the developers of the game that they read youre thread , they will learn alot how people think about the game as they start out. I learned alot about it anyway.
In youre personal example i think if ya stick true ya will make it in no time in neocron, dont be pissed of for the many times ya gonna die and for the things ya gonna meet like the genreprules, the turrets, the hostile guards and that sort of things.
We all been true that and we all died alot, people who say they didnt are lieing, myself i got killed as a lowlevelmonk a million times by nasty agressors with them powerfull gatlingpistols :)
For the fusionpistol: darn thats a nice pistol, i know what you where thinkin when ya went to get it :P it looks pretty cool hé.
the weapon doesnt do that much damage as other weapons but is veery fun to shoot with and looks even better :)
When you keep commin back to the forum once in a while and read some threads so ya know whats happening around neocron it wont be long till youre addicted. For example: ever tried flying a drone ? them flying boxes that shoot ,with a camera in them, so you can fly with em :P very fun indeed
Lots to discover so i suggest relog and if ya cant get in TG then try exploring techhaven, also keep spamming the tradechannel or plaza 1 medicare so people know youre serieus and sell you youre bp or even the full weapon :)
Also thumbs up for Gotterdammerung to personnaly give crashtec some information.

Crashtec if ya wonna know anything more or if you have sumthing ya really need to ask feel free to do so, for the rest i wish you alot off luck with youre new virtual life in neocron
It wont be long till ya have youre sweet gun :)

btw on what server do you play ?

edit: and them giant flying ufo's are hoverbots, they live in the mountains and can be really really painfull. Do like i do: run away for em quickly :)

MjukisDjur
15-10-03, 19:57
MjukisDjur:

erm, ok well I gotta agree this is one of the more fucked up ideas they got. It really serves no purpose except acting as a timesink.
Bring back the old gr rules or setup new grs so people dont have to walk 6 zones just because they are the "wrong faction"...

Btw, did you play on Saturn? Try another server. Been at pluto now the last months and I have not been pk:d once yet.
People are rude and not the least helpful on Saturn. I have 8 months experience of saturn hospitality... was not really fun being raped everywhere I went :/

superfresh
15-10-03, 20:12
...this won't be the solution to all of your gripes but it may help, and no one ever mentions this on the forums. Try the venture warp. A friend of mine talked me into it once when I was trying to get to the graves. The first place I warped to (and this was a new char) was Grant mine. So I thought, nice, Ill grab TG while Im here. Second place was Rockshore, so I grabbed MB. Third place was Escador.

It may not always take you near where your going, but it's gotten me around the wasteland and I've discovered a lot of cool unfrequented places along the way. I also think you don't get synaptic impairment.

icarium
15-10-03, 20:17
Originally posted by superfresh
...this won't be the solution to all of your gripes but it may help, and no one ever mentions this on the forums. Try the venture warp. A friend of mine talked me into it once when I was trying to get to the graves. The first place I warped to (and this was a new char) was Grant mine. So I thought, nice, Ill grab TG while Im here. Second place was Rockshore, so I grabbed MB. Third place was Escador.

It may not always take you near where your going, but it's gotten me around the wasteland and I've discovered a lot of cool unfrequented places along the way. I also think you don't get synaptic impairment.

yes lets randomly spawn in a wasteland full of high rank mobs as a n00b. good suggestion :p

superfresh
15-10-03, 20:28
Originally posted by icarium
yes lets randomly spawn in a wasteland full of high rank mobs as a n00b. good suggestion :p

Not all the mobs out there are high rank. There are plenty of zones that have nothing but bats and bugs. If he's ballsy enough to waltz through 3 zones of firemobs etc to get to TG, might as well try venturewarp. Sounds like he's looking for an adventure anyway, and he said dying wasn't much bother to him. It's got its own level of excitement for that type of player.

superfresh
15-10-03, 20:30
Whoops. Double post, srry 8|

icarium
15-10-03, 20:32
Originally posted by superfresh
Not all the mobs out there are high rank. There are plenty of zones that have nothing but bats and bugs. If he's ballsy enough to waltz through 3 zones of firemobs etc to get to TG, might as well try venturewarp. Sounds like he's looking for an adventure anyway, and he said dying wasn't much bother to him. It's got its own level of excitement for that type of player.

good point, well made :)

Crashtec
15-10-03, 20:32
I now have new hope that the devs will introduce more public GRs that are not in the imediate proximity to outposts. It would continue to prevent battling clans from 'appearing' on the doorstep of their enemies, but allow innocent runners to utilize the genereplicator technology over the vaste landcape. I think public GRs would increase the value of the game for those who are not in a clan and who enjoy the role play of the world and choose to participate as a neutral entity.

I appreciate the advice from everyone and have since calmed my frustration and again look forward to playing. I have spent too much time on this particular character to delete and start over but I think I will devote one of my other characters to another faction. I am leaning toward Protopharma considering someone said they are the most neutral faction presently. I have been developing this character(Roscoe) for his construction skill from the begining. Before begining the game and after reading about the skills and classes, my plan was to first level Roscoe for construction. Afterwords I would develop my main character(Crashtec),with the ability to utilize Roscoe to create the best weapons for him during his growth. After all I do enjoy the construction process.

I guess my suggestion as a new player to the developers is to please allow the individualy oriented players to enjoy the wastelands without having to spend half of their gaming time running to where they need to go or running to find the vehicle they left stranded.

Voodoochicken
15-10-03, 20:34
I'd suggest being Protopharma (preferably on Pluto).

PP are allied to many factions (including Blackdragon = a natural faction change when you are more experienced) and neutral to all but two of the others.

Being PP allows you to investigate (and level in) all areas of the world without being shot at by most runners/most faction guards.

Enough of the genereps are open to you to get by, plus you can get bonuses at a lot of the ops (eg. 50% at any owned by Twilight Guardian/City Mercs - useful if you want some recycling skill/ enough research and construct to make your own weapon parts).

[Also, the PP epic gives a worthwhile reward + you get a nice appartment in Viarosso.]

PP is a good faction in which to be a solo runner.

[edit] Pluto being a one character server doesn't mean it's hard to find a good researcher/constructer/Implanter.

Plaza 1 seems to frequently have all of these (not necessarily all at the same time) and I'm sure that asking on the skills channel for assistance will work most times.

[Advice:

The first step is making money, then all you have to do is plan ahead.

eg., If you are using pistols, then occasionally advertise that you want to buy all tech/non-tech pistol blueprints/"implants".

This will save you a lot of money (buying weapons from stores to bp is expensive), plus whenever you see an appropriate researcher you can run off some copies for future construction.]

Plus, the economy on Pluto isn't as inflated as Saturn's, which makes everything more affordable for a new player.

All I can say is:

I pitty the new players to this game.

When I got bored with my spy on pluto, I started a monk on saturn.

Being my first character on Saturn, I had no contacts/ money/ extra appartments/ equipment from previous characters.

Unfortunately, the majority of people on Saturn actually have loads of money/several characters/loads of equipment and rares, etc. etc..

Despite having quite a large population, there are very few people willing to take the time to help low lvl runners (Either because they can't be bothered, or because they assume you are an alt of a "veteran" player).

The HELP channel has very little traffic, and the only things being traded (on the trade channels) are rare parts/chips (ie. focused on high level characters).

I guess that joining a clan would help this situation, but that's not for everyone (including me).

The only advantages of Saturn are:

-one of the larger server populations atm.

-Enough people to level alongside, due to newcomers (who join a server with a "large" online population) plus rerolled alts of "veterans".

-4-characters (if you're into that sort of thing)

I got bored of Saturn (at lvl xx/50), so chose to go back to pluto, rerolling my Spy in the process.

Although the server population is too low atm, (and low level runners are rare), people are much more helpful/willing than on Saturn.

(all I wish is that I hadn't thrown most of my stuff on the floor in Plaza 1 when I stopped playing my spy. :))

IMO, the atmosphere has always been better on pluto and it's only disadvantage is its (currently) low population (unfortunately, this is quite a big disadvantage).

Maybe Uranus is ok, but it sounds like its database is falling to pieces. (I've never played on Uranus or Venus.)

msdong
15-10-03, 20:39
.....New and soon to be former customer,
Crashtec

ok, thats you choise and i dont think we can make you stay.
but what really makes me wonder is that you quit but all you wrote sound so fUntastic. ok, you have that suckers you meet.
it seems that you quit because no1 is on you side and you are all alone in NC.
if you dont like to stay, i hope you come back one day to take a look, because it seems you like the game.

trigger hurt
15-10-03, 20:40
Crashtec,

If you are on saturn. Start a protopharma char. Get to about 6 dex and I will hook you up with some weapons and buff you while you level. Some friends and I have a protopharma clan that we used to level our noob chars in.

Just message Mr. Oblivion, Mr. Oblivious or trigger hurt. One of those chars can help you out with some starter cash. And if you use pistols, I have tons of 3, 4 and 5 slotters lying around that I used to level my chars with.

Crashtec
15-10-03, 20:51
Originally posted by msdong
...if you dont like to stay, i hope you come back one day to take a look, because it seems you like the game.

I do like the game and I admit I wrote "soon to be former customer" out of frustration. I take it back. Sorry Neocron I didnt mean to spit on you. :rolleyes: Just like any good drug it has its ups and downs but you always come back for more. :p

Spoek Hagbard
15-10-03, 21:16
Just like any good drug it has its ups and downs but you always come back for more. :p

starting to sound like a vet now :p

alig
15-10-03, 21:26
I read a little on the first page....not much interested but this isn't about "asking the owning clan to open the GR" this is about the fact KK have restricted any form of fun lvl'n you can have in this game....first they _make_ u specialise and now there _making_ you have to be a certain faction, ffs.

KK sort the game out, he might only be 1 measily person to your selfish attitude but hes probably 1% of the games player base, n00bs.... :rolleyes:

edit/ also Crashtec, dont live in hope that the devs will do anything to this game, were still waiting for DoY that was getting released in April, mkay.

-FN-
15-10-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Crashtec - make your way to the public GRs (you will know when there isnt OPs in the same zone as them)

yeah, all 3 or 4 of them.

Tazo
15-10-03, 23:32
seriously... what the hell was your business in the wastelands after just 3 weeks of gameplay? you being a newbie to this game (no offense), i assume youre not very highlvl, so its only natural that everything and its mother kills you. dont leave neocron city so soon, its walls mean safety to you. i play a spy (aka fastest dropping character class) and hoverbombers (your giant ufos), tg guards or something are hardly a problem.

LTA
15-10-03, 23:37
First ppl who say things got boring are told to explore the vast world, then next they are told not to??

He should still have the ability to get grs and be out there as there's lotsa both high and low lev mobs

mdares
15-10-03, 23:47
heheh the first time i stepped out to the wastes on my n00ber apu monkey back in march... /24... climbed the hills ... wow... then i crossed another hill and saw the fabled "dragons" (i.e. see the outdated manual) firemobs, mutated beasties... anyway i managed to down one and i was quite proud.... then... heres where i can relate to u: i saw a floaty thing in the air... i was like wtf is that??? i just stood there looking at it wondering whether to kill it... :D suddenly 2 blue beams came outta the sky and i r dead... wow i said...

the game never ceases to amaze me... just walk around and see things... be prepared to die but its that first time which makes it all worthwhile...

yeah grs are a pain but join a good faction and u should be fine: like trig says go proto and we can set u up... (tho ur bd scum so eh... :p)

talk to trig if u need some assistance.

Whitestuff
16-10-03, 00:26
Again this just goes on to show that the GR rules suck.

We either need:
A) Old GR rules back

OR

B) MORE GRS EVERYWHERE ELSE (THAT WORK, UNLIKE EL FARID WHICH IS STILL BUSTED AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE HAS NEVER WORKED CORRECTLY)

Rant off/

Spy<VS>Spy
16-10-03, 00:35
Originally posted by Tazo
seriously... what the hell was your business in the wastelands after just 3 weeks of gameplay? you being a newbie to this game (no offense), i assume youre not very highlvl, so its only natural that everything and its mother kills you. dont leave neocron city so soon, its walls mean safety to you. i play a spy (aka fastest dropping character class) and hoverbombers (your giant ufos), tg guards or something are hardly a problem.

normally i come up with a witty if not sarcastic thing to say when someone says something competely absurd, but this time i am just going to say...

i disagree, with that statement. :)

Vampire222
16-10-03, 00:41
Well i agree with him that the genrep system sucks, and he probably was (read: his faction was/is) Black Dragon
the main problem with bd on every server is..... they dont hold much ops, and get like 2/3rd the server hostile.... id go for a more friendly faction when ur new, like tangent, or photopharm, its shit to see you go, if youve played on pluto, id gladly help you out on getting anywhere....

ino
16-10-03, 01:01
One good thing for you to try is making a ppu monk friend with the ability to ressurect you if you die.. That way the ppu can acompany you to the very few public genreps arround without you having to start from 10 zones away or more (and we can do alot more for you aswell)..

ppl seem to hate us ppu's but I guess we can do some good now and then.. You can always try and dm lain. with a dot at the end :) if you need to get to a place like escador oasis, or el fahrid.. 2 public genreps in the north..
And I might be able to help you survive those pesky firemobs that enjoy so much to fry the poor spies up.

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:04
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
i disagree, with that statement. :)
yes, but you disagree with everything :p

anyway, tbh i was trying to be serious instead of pointing and laughing. "aww meh = n00b and meh dies all the time in big bad wastes! meh feeling st00pid now :(" because frankly, him being a noober is the only problem i see here. with a hovertec, you can get from TG to regant and from neocron to mb in about 5 minutes. people complain all the time that the wastelands would be too small. but then, either walking 10 minutes or driving 5 minutes seems to be too much to ask for. he always got killed on the way, HEY! i would be killed all the time too if i was xx/24. but im xx/69 and i point and laugh at the hoverbomber.

Breschau
16-10-03, 01:12
The way I interpreted it, his problem wasn't/isn't that he got killed out there - seemed to accept each individual death he mentioned as fair enough. The problem was that he had to start again from scratch each time it happened - the role of genreps as a way to sorta save your progress across the wastelands is gone, unless you happen to be on one of the dominant sides.

Anyway, going into the wastelands as a newbie is a lot more interesting and exciting simply because you can get wasted so easily. I go out now and it's just a dull trek because I *know* I'm not going to die out there (barring bugs, or zoning directly into 10+ rank 80+ mobs with a noob char). As a newbie there's the tension, the wonder at all the mobs you've never seen, that those mobs can squash you with ease, etc. But that's spoiled a bit when dying means start over from scratch. I know it's like that in many (all?) other mmorpgs, but I hate it in them too (though it wasn't present in the MUD - precursors to mmorpgs - I used to play, where you could 'recall set' in all but the nastiest of locations).

Tazo
16-10-03, 01:16
Originally posted by Breschau
The way I interpreted it, his problem wasn't/isn't that he got killed out there - seemed to accept each individual death he mentioned as fair enough. The problem was that he had to start again from scratch each time it happened - the role of genreps as a way to sorta save your progress across the wastelands is gone, unless you happen to be on one of the dominant sides.
and thats exactly the thing, imho. with genreps, there was nothing a newbie couldnt do. "ill just go to the dangerous radiated wastelands because i feel like it, if i die, ill just genrep to the closest op and have no loss". well tough bananas, dear newbie, those days are over. from now on, only go to the wastes if you feel strong enough. if you die all the time and have to restart from scratch all the time, dont fukin go to the wastes.

wun
16-10-03, 01:20
ah man... yes the old gr rules...

i remember reppin anywhere cost 500nc and there was no synaps...

you could rep round the whole of neocron within a minute and not be gimped into waitin to recover for 10 minutes...

as for the comment what he was doin outside.. i signed up for retail 3 days after pluto went live.. 3 days later i ran (yes on foot) from TG to MB... only to get to the gates and get shredded by the guards... (minor change from beta i wasn't aware of) first death for the whole trip... basically it was a case of see anything move.. go around it...

at this point i would like to point out my least favorite and most hated mob.... damn dragon flies/stingers... hard to see... and at low level a pain to kill... specially for my then paper mache spy...

anyway crashtec welcome to neo...

i played most of my chars as lone hunter... but it still helps to have some friends even if you prefer not to be in a clan...

if they are higher level they can help you get items (weap, equip, imps) and take that frustration away.. or if they are around the same lvl.. it's great fun to hunt together...

anyway.. back to work...

trigger hurt
16-10-03, 04:51
Eh.

I think we can close this thread really. As I have spoken to Crash ingame and he's going to tough it out a bit. I gave him a few pistols that he will be able to use at a later date. He seemed pretty surprised when I called a 3slot blacksun a dud :p.

Now all I gotta do is get my barter friend to get him a tl 150 constr tool.

Spy<VS>Spy
16-10-03, 20:15
Originally posted by Tazo
yes, but you disagree with everything :p

not everything, i agreed we needed a test server in order to see just how broke the game would be before KK released it onto the retail server. ;)

...rats, i dissagreed with you again...damn you!

•Super|\|ova•
16-10-03, 20:29
ProtoPharm is the best faction to a beginner. Only 2 enemies (TS and NEXT). By choosing PP you can level up in peace and find out new things and so on and then when you feel you're experienced enough for PvP and OP wars and clan things then you might want to change faction.

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 20:32
I love the way alot of people say there's no RP anymore, but when someone chooses a faction they can get into people tell them to go to XXX faction just for easier travel.

•Super|\|ova•
16-10-03, 20:44
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I love the way alot of people say there's no RP anymore, but when someone chooses a faction they can get into people tell them to go to XXX faction just for easier travel.

In my opinion pretty frustrating to try RP alot while knowing nothing about the world, characters, trading or even how could one get his character use spells. See my point now? o_O

Tazo
16-10-03, 22:52
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
not everything, i agreed we needed a test server in order to see just how broke the game would be before KK released it onto the retail server. ;)

...rats, i dissagreed with you again...damn you!
hurhur pwned :cool:

(btw: :lol: @ testserver statement :D)

Leebzie
16-10-03, 23:09
The GR Changes *on the whole* suck.

A few people feel that they add some value and challenge to the game. A vast majority get really pissed about them, especially when its causing them difficulty ingame.

The GR's were fine before the changes, and people were not calling for this change. While I accept and am very happy that at least a few people seem to be pleased, I like so many others, find this change incredibly irritating.

Bit of a "dont fix it if it aint broken" kinda thing.

Pros : made a few people happy, but they wouldnt have actually minded if it was never mantioned. (plz post if u feel differently, would you have suggested this system ? (did you ??? my forum life has taken off way after my neocron life did in January))

Cons : Made a lot of people unhappy.

Evaluation : Things were ok as they were.

Let me know what you think, because i know I cant actually speak for all of you. :D