PDA

View Full Version : More windows RPC woes!

Lexxuk
15-10-03, 15:19
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14866

VigilantMinds has successfully validated the claims regarding the latest
Microsoft Remote Procedure Call (RPC) vulnerability. Specifically,
VigilantMinds has validated that hosts running fully patched versions of
the following Microsoft operating systems REMAIN subject to denial of
service attacks and possible remote exploitation:

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Microsoft Windows XP Home
* Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation

Although it has not been verified at this time, other versions of
Microsoft Windows are also suspected to be subject to this
vulnerability.

As with the prior RPC vulnerability (MS03-039), these attacks can occur
on TCP ports 135, 139, 445 and 593; and UDP ports 135, 137, 138 and 445.

:)

\\Fényx//
15-10-03, 16:12
Originally posted by Lexxuk
http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14866

:)

man thought i was gettin some shitty dos attacks lastnight... just blamed my ISP for being shite..... havent had any 60 seconds till your PC selfdestructs messages yet tho O_o

Odin
15-10-03, 16:30
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
man thought i was gettin some shitty dos attacks lastnight... just blamed my ISP for being shite..... havent had any 60 seconds till your PC selfdestructs messages yet tho O_o

I reinstalled when I moved here last week. 5 minutes after I get XP reinstalled it was already hitting me. At least it was a quick reminder to go into the settings and just turn the thing off.

\\Fényx//
15-10-03, 17:01
Originally posted by Odin
I reinstalled when I moved here last week. 5 minutes after I get XP reinstalled it was already hitting me. At least it was a quick reminder to go into the settings and just turn the thing off.

rah odin quited me

that reminds me of something I quoted Odin saying...

went a little bit like this

Originally posted by Odin
I have been tossing stuff off thanatos for the past few hours

:D

Anyway yea, Im still getting some customers calling through saying we sold em fucked PC's, yet it turns out within minutes of them instaling the net on their new PC, they have blaster :lol:

Odey gimme a job on KK customer services/tech support, im teh man :D If I can handle 80 customers a day, 10 of which are absofuckinglutely furious that our monkeys in build 'forgot' to put the heatsink onto the XP3000 in this £1500 PC's then im sure I can handle some of the crazy asses that play NC :lol: uhm, like me o_O anyway....

Lexxuk
15-10-03, 17:21
local business down the road recently installed XP to go with their new BB installation. Instantly they were hit with Blaster, I had to go there, install a firewall, anti virus software (they were using norton, which did nothing cept screw up their system), then connect them, then download the updates to prevent Blaster, now there are more problems with the exploit still being exploitable, but the business will be fine, hopefully the firewall/av combo will keep the worm away till the update is available.