View Full Version : Hacking Gr's

Ren
15-10-03, 13:19
Should it be possible to hack Genereps?
Say a hacker goes up to a generep within a certain wastes zone and hacks the generep (high TL) the next person who uses it should be either A) sent somewhere randomly B) sent to Apt C) Die D) Nothing happen.

Obv the % of each one happeing would highly vary and the GR's in plaza would be unhackable (as they are protected).

It could aslo make GR'ing cheaper, depending on how much of a good hacker you are.

Yes or no?

Views please

Darkborg
15-10-03, 13:25
I like the idea just dont like the options.

how about he be able to gr to it for 1000 gr.
And gain acces to gr settings or something. so you could hack a gr at an enemy op open it up for 2 mins for your faction and gr your force in then it closes again and you could attack.

I think that sounds pretty cool.
Or you could just send a hacker to hack crp so your hunting party could sneak through and hunt.

Rith
15-10-03, 13:33
How about to hack a "closed" GR

So in OP wars you send in a small team to "hack" the GR - this opens it for your clan and you can GR in without impair

Current owners still GR to underground as normal and without impair - and they also get a "warning" post that their GR has been opened...

Should make for some interesting OP takes :)

Cypher_Psy
15-10-03, 13:34
Posted something very simular in brainport...
See My sig for link.

ezza
15-10-03, 13:35
Originally posted by Rith

So in OP wars you send in a small team to "hack" the GR - this opens it for your clan and you can GR in without impair

Current owners still GR to underground as normal and without impair - and they also get a "warning" post that their GR has been opened...

thats sounds like a cool idea

jernau
15-10-03, 14:08
Originally posted by Rith

Beat me to it :(

I like this idea a lot. I'm not keen on the "next person dies" thing.

You could maybe have various levels :
First hack (HCK~120) = open GR for 5 mins
Second hack (HCK~150) = open GR for 5 mins and no SI
Third hack (HCK~200) = open GR for 5 mins, no SI and owning clan get SI (still sent to basement though).

Put a 2 minute gap between hack attempts so it takes a lot of skill and time to get all three.

Rieper
15-10-03, 14:17
dunno about owning clan gets SI..maybe buffs drop, or something like that, but i really dont like owning clan gets SI

\\Fényx//
15-10-03, 14:44
''I'm not bothered''

OMGOMG REN BIASS POLL !!! KOSKOSKOS :p ;) :lol:

Anyways O_o good idea, however not what you suggested, maybe making the GR in that zone open to all factions :)

Oath
15-10-03, 14:48
I like the idea, but remove he H4x joo to death option, thatd make it worse than gr locking, we know how many asshole ninja's there are around, gr to MB OMFG IM DEAD GR GANKED WTF...............oh wait no-ones hear OMFG ASSHOLES KOS KOS KOS SHIT OMFG OOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIITTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY KKKKKOOOOOOOSSSSSS.

Aside from that hAx tO t3h m4x.

RAWR
OMZO> RAWR.

Rieper
15-10-03, 14:54
moep moep

This should just be op GRs... too many people use MB and TG including n00bs who never did nothing to no one.

Ransom
15-10-03, 16:59
And while you're at it...
Perhaps you would be able to implant/hack data into a genrep that a runner has yet to visit and activate it for them. They could then genrep to your position... but somehow it would have to be made a little harder than genrep to b, hack friends data, friend genreps. Perhaps the data could not be transported through the genrep.

If you were feeling particullarly evil, perhaps you could remove someone from a genrep... would hate to be the CS smurf that logs on after ganking a few spies to find he could only genrep to his apartment.-This should also cause soulight loss, and loss of reputation with NEXT (as they own the genreps)

Ascension
15-10-03, 17:03
Say you can hack it for 30 seconds which allows you to get a few members through after that it is locked for 15 mins?:)

KRIMINAL99
15-10-03, 17:20
Well thats kind of pointless but what if grs could be hacked and then it allows your clanmates to gr there when they couldnt other wise? Thatd be cool...