PDA

View Full Version : LoMs should work instantly inside Neofrag

RayBob
15-10-03, 09:23
I think it would be fun if LoMs worked instantly inside Neofrag. This would allow people to test different setups but also to have some fun, and after all....fun is the name of the game.

For example, I would love to take a tank and LoM him to pure melee and have some fun duels, or maybe to pistols. Also a rifle spy to pistol and have some slasher duels. I don't see how this would hurt anything and it would be a lot of fun.

Ray

\\Fényx//
15-10-03, 09:28
Originally posted by RayBob
I think it would be fun if LoMs worked instantly inside Neofrag. This would allow people to test different setups but also to have some fun, and after all....fun is the name of the game.

For example, I would love to take a tank and LoM him to pure melee and have some fun duels, or maybe to pistols. Also a rifle spy to pistol and have some slasher duels. I don't see how this would hurt anything and it would be a lot of fun.

Ray

might just bring some variety back in :)

RayBob
15-10-03, 09:30
Good morning Fenix! :D

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 19:07
OMG YES YES YES YESY ESY EYS YESY EYSY YEYS

SeXy Happy
15-10-03, 19:16
Very cool idea, would be used mainly by most to see how they could setup their characters though.

Judge
15-10-03, 19:30
That would be a really good idea.

would be used mainly by most to see how they could setup their characters though

Indeed.... This would greatly improve the PvP quality in Neocron. Lets face it, certain people are just good with numbers and can work out an entire setup on paper, but others have to do it labouriosly with LoMs all the time. Most of the population just can't be arsed to do that for hours on end when they would prefer to just fight or hunt. Thus people could tune their setup in Neofrag then do exactly what is needed for the real world later on, thus improving the overall setup making skill in the population.

Once again very good idea.

Progenitor
15-10-03, 19:33
It would be nice to be able to just experiment.

It also would be nice if you could choose a class of character you want to be too.

-p

VVerevvolf
15-10-03, 19:36
You cant work out a proper setup in NF, it is bugged as hell :D

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 19:48
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
You cant work out a proper setup in NF, it is bugged as hell :D
But you can have fun.
Sadly you can't change implants anymore...

nstantly and with no EXP Loss :P

ghandisfury
15-10-03, 19:49
LOMs should work instantly everywhere....not just neofrag. LOMs have a double penalty. First you lose a crapload of XP which means you have to re-level, which means a huge timesinc. Then you have to wait 5 hours to LOM.......it's a joke....hope they fix it soon.

Archeus
15-10-03, 20:43
That was the fix.

SeXy Happy
15-10-03, 20:43
I wouldnt say a crap load of XP...guess it depends how much you are lomming and from what level, but I have never experienced any probs loming.

Though the five hours of lomming is pretty bad.

SeXy Happy
15-10-03, 20:44
I wouldnt say a crap load of XP...guess it depends how much you are lomming and from what level, but I have never experienced any probs loming.

Though the five hours of lomming is pretty bad.

But its also a good thing, I dont believe in being able to just lom real quick. It should be something that needs to be considered, and the wait time helps facilitate that. TBH I would be happier with more xp loss and 0 lom time. that would compensate it. But thats just me, I am sure there might be some out there who hate the xp loss and would rather have more lom time added on if it meant 0 xp loss.

Edit: sorry for the double post.

Rade
15-10-03, 20:52
I would rather see neofrag removed completely, then we would
probably see alot more of real PvP happening. Every mud or
mmorpg I have played where there was some sort of arena
implemented suffered from a drasticly lowered amount of real PvP
afterwards. :(

ghandisfury
15-10-03, 20:57
Originally posted by Rade
I would rather see neofrag removed completely, then we would
probably see alot more of real PvP happening. Every mud or
mmorpg I have played where there was some sort of arena
implemented suffered from a drasticly lowered amount of real PvP
afterwards. :(

Agreed...but that's not the point of the thread now is it :p

@ Sexhappy, go ahead and try to LOM at INT 100. LOM from construction to research......You'll lose at least one level, maybe more. The XP loss is about right, because you're going to spend a couple DAYS trying to regain those levels.....you should not have to wait to reconfigure your character.

Progenitor
15-10-03, 21:19
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Agreed...but that's not the point of the thread now is it :p

@ Sexhappy, go ahead and try to LOM at INT 100. LOM from construction to research......You'll lose at least one level, maybe more. The XP loss is about right, because you're going to spend a couple DAYS trying to regain those levels.....you should not have to wait to reconfigure your character.

When the hybrid nerf occured, I had fully cap'd PSI, max xp 170-odd million.

LOM'ing the 90-odd ppu points I had cost me 2 PSI levels.

That was a lot of XP.

-p