PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* And this is why I #$&*#)&$#* hate the rare system!

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 05:56
I busted my ass for weeks to get parts to silent hunter. I got like ONE part of my massving hunting, and I had to pay outrageous prices for the rest of the parts because people are greedy and hardly anyone was selling them.

Then it comes out with no slots. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so pissed off the drop rate was decent and the pool had no useless parts, but alas the combination of crap drop rate and 30847120740237480273740234 useless rare parts is enough to drive me insane.

wolfwood
15-10-03, 05:57
omfg dont start with me, i spent 1 month gettin parts..............

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 06:02
At the very least I wanted one slot so I could put an ammo mod.

Spoon
15-10-03, 06:05
OMG, you can use the SH already??!?!?!?!?!?!?

The drop rate aint too bad these days..

It's the bullshit KK refuses to take out of the Rare pool that suxx...low tech melee, slot enhancer parts etc.etc......

lullysing
15-10-03, 06:07
shadow, send a tell to juju this week, i think i got 2 parts of that rifle in my stuff, and i also got 2 parts of the obliterator, which would be most useful for your spy.

And don't worry about getting bad rares : i had 5 Pain easers constructed before i even got a 2 slotter. That's 25 tech parts of something that was hard as hell to get of at the time.

VoxteX
15-10-03, 06:09
One thing I never really understood is why all weapons NEED 1 slot to be useful...especially true for rares. Who would ever use a no slot CS? Anyway, on the otherhand, PSI spells don't NEED any slots. They don't need an ammo mod or anything, and they are just as good except a little bit of stats. Without an ammo mod a gun that is capped is not as powerful as an ammo modded one, but a no slot spell can be just as powerful as a 5 slot. I never knew why this was true...I don't know a solution, just saying :)

Vid Gamer
15-10-03, 06:15
Jesus Christ Shadow you level fast.. 8|

Sounds like my story and trying to get a decent CS. :(

Spoon
15-10-03, 06:26
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Jesus Christ Shadow you level fast.. 8|

I doubt he's over 75 DEX yet.......

Lenard
15-10-03, 06:36
I don't see anywhere where it says that he's actually able to even use the gun yet :p

Richard Slade
15-10-03, 09:03
Originally posted by Spoon
OMG, you can use the SH already??!?!?!?!?!?!?

The drop rate aint too bad these days..

It's the bullshit KK refuses to take out of the Rare pool that suxx...low tech melee, slot enhancer parts etc.etc......

And now what's ur problem with Lo-techie Melee?!
The Paws are used quite often you know
Since u can use it without spending points on melee more or less
what needs to get out is the freezers since they don't even work
Melee stuff are to be left alone tho
And slot enhancers are also used at times
(Read: When building black-suns)
As said, the freezers are the shit in the pool here.

Original monk
15-10-03, 09:07
of the 10 parts i hunted last night i got 3 slotenhacer 0.9 parts, 2 particle nemesisparts, 1 punisherpart, a PoB part, 2 devils grace parts and woohooo 1 cursed soul part (frame) now thats what i call good hunting (sarcastic)

Pi-Oh-Pah
15-10-03, 09:33
I usually get good parts overall when hunting - now I gotta get off my ass and get all my 'E' techs ID'd

massic
15-10-03, 09:41
I've gotten about 70 parts this week and all but about 3 of them were junk. I started running out of room with all the crap parts so I started building them just to save space.

Every rare weapon seems to have some use to somebody except the shockers, they are so nerfed I see no reason for them to be rare items. I would be happy to see them removed, but untill then I'll keep building them and placing them in random trashcans.

Leebzie
15-10-03, 10:06
Why dont they just giev up the supposed 'RP value' of rare parts being rare (or extinct rather) and un-nerf the drop rate. because that was FUN.

FUN is the biggest factor. Where the hell is a game without fun ?

Lanigav
15-10-03, 10:23
Originally posted by Leebzie
Why dont they just giev up the supposed 'RP value' of rare parts being rare (or extinct rather) and un-nerf the drop rate. because that was FUN.

EXACTLY

Tycho C
15-10-03, 13:07
If I knew where the post was Id link to a comment from Rade about the old droprate and losing rares. It was no big deal. ya got another built and it made PvP fun cause not as many people ran for the zone line I guess. (In my dreams)

As for the most likely cause of the drop rate nerf, maybe KK likes the thought of people being able to have a gun no one else has.... The problem is that aint how it is. Everyone has one and it's just a pain to get it. It wouldn't be so bad to just go back to the old rate, or nerf it to hell, but makes rares -no more powerful than their highest TL non-rare counterpart-. That's the only way to get the "Hehe, I have this cool gun that few other people have" and it just be fore RL, like a customized gun. But that's just my thought.

Style
15-10-03, 13:16
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78684&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

yes, rare tech part drop rate is sucks

MjukisDjur
15-10-03, 14:40
from 40 parts this weekend 3 of them were SH parts.

/me is a happy puppy who is soon to be a evil sniper

BramTops
15-10-03, 14:43
Originally posted by Leebzie

whats the fun in always geting what you want when you want it....

* MAKE A FREAKIN EFFORT FGS *

fun != easy

ezza
15-10-03, 14:51
when we had the old drop rate i didnt mind hunting cos you know you would get some decent parts and a good amount of them, now sometimes you can come back with 2 or 3 techs others times maybe 10 either way its still poor, and hunting is now boring with the time it takes to kill stuff.

i get a cursed soul part once in a blue moon with the current system, and last time i checked the moon wasnt even blue.

give us early retail drops is what i say

ericdraven
15-10-03, 14:51
Originally posted by BramTops
whats the fun in always geting what you want when you want it....

* MAKE A FREAKIN EFFORT FGS *

fun != easy
Exactly. I don't see where is the fun when you can get everything easily. Try out the testserver if you want this..

Itth
15-10-03, 14:54
IMO a no slot SH is fine.

Spoon
15-10-03, 15:26
Originally posted by Richard Slade
And now what's ur problem with Lo-techie Melee?!
The Paws are used quite often you know
Since u can use it without spending points on melee more or less
what needs to get out is the freezers since they don't even work
Melee stuff are to be left alone tho
And slot enhancers are also used at times
(Read: When building black-suns)
As said, the freezers are the shit in the pool here.

I didn't say they were useless, I just said they don't belong in the rare part pool...

REMUS
15-10-03, 15:41
I cant be asked to read the thread becuase its useless

the reason you got a 0 slot SH is, the game has to be balenced, if KK changed it to we all get 1 slot on all our fucking weapons then, you can bet your ass people would then want two slots standard, yeah it might sound stupid but so does having 1 slot as standard to me + its part of the economics of this game also, when you want a 5 slot tpc you have to spend 2 mill+ on parts with a barter, simple as that! if you change this then there will be less of a demand for mass csting, screwing spys even more. 0 slot weapons also put more value on 1+ slot weapons making them more valuable and also adding to the kudos of having a 3+ slotted weapon!

there are two ways your wingeing can work.

1) KK up the rare drop by 200% so you can make 2-3 SH's a day
2) KK drop the rare pool by 50-100% and make all rares 1 slot

before you get started with epics, a tank with a 0 slot speed cannon will buy a 3 slot speed cannon off a monk, which promotes inter class barging and tradeing between factions.

this is more relevant to pluto with 1 char slots tho.

Scikar
15-10-03, 15:51
It doesn't have to be easy. But it would be nice if it was possible. When a vet takes several weeks of hunting to get a single rare, imagine how long it takes for a newbie. So the vets are fed up of the PvP system, and the newbs are fed up of the rares system.

Ryuben
15-10-03, 16:06
erm...:confused: unless its got crap stats whatswrong with a 0 slot SH ...does pure force/piercing dmg thats good on a monk :confused: why u bitching ?

Ozambabbaz
15-10-03, 16:10
some days ago, i got 21 parts from 2 hours of BBQ'ing...the following evening, also 2 hour run, i got 13...next 3 2hour sessions i got 6..combined :(

Scikar
15-10-03, 16:13
Originally posted by Ryuben
erm...:confused: unless its got crap stats whatswrong with a 0 slot SH ...does pure force/piercing dmg thats good on a monk :confused: why u bitching ?

Maybe because you need the explosive mod to actually do reasonable damage to a buffed monk?

Ryuben
15-10-03, 16:36
Originally posted by Scikar
Maybe because you need the explosive mod to actually do reasonable damage to a buffed monk?

i had a 4 slot one (only 3 slots used) and i never modded it with a ammo mod as it did about the same to buffed and more to unbuffed targets so .....:o

enablerbr
15-10-03, 16:44
the whole slots formula needs to be changed. to make slots a lot less random than they are now. 0 slots are only any good if artifact and can be sold back to a npc vender.

Judge
15-10-03, 17:08
Originally posted by ericdraven
Exactly. I don't see where is the fun when you can get everything easily. Try out the testserver if you want this..

.: Uranus :. Trading MC5 parts (71) and rare parts (2090; only LIMITED anymore)

You may like camping for hours just getting rare parts but not all of us do.

Also you and bram.... why take everything to extremes ffs. You are always saying "oh yeah you guys just want people to hand out 5 slotted rares" (yes you did say that eric) when all we want is for it to be easyer than it is now to get rares but also to lose them easyer as it was in early retail so as to make PvP fun with adrenaline.

1) KK up the rare drop by 200% so you can make 2-3 SH's a day
2) KK drop the rare pool by 50-100% and make all rares 1 slot

Once again someone taking it to extremes. Of course we don't want to be able to get 2-3 rares a day (unless you hunt for 24 hours, which would be..... sad :p). We would want to be able to get maybe a rare for about 2-3 hours hunting then one hour trading with the parts that you got.

ericdraven
15-10-03, 17:16
Originally posted by Judge
You may like camping for hours just getting rare parts but not all of us do.

If i would "camp" i would probably already hit the 5000 parts mark.
I don't play much anymore, but 100 parts on a weekend day is NO PROBLEM at all. And that's still not enough? You want 1000 per day?
And if *I* can find 100 parts then everyone else can do it also. But instead of moaning on the forum and giving up after one hour hunting because you just found five parts try to keep on hunting.. because the drop rate goes up and down.
If i would give up everytime when i find only 5 parts / hour then i would have never gotten that many parts.

Marx
15-10-03, 18:25
ONOZ, I DON'T WANT TEH RATE UPPED CUZ I'M ON TOP OF TEH MARKET!

:rolleyes:

Progenitor
15-10-03, 18:30
I don't play much anymore, but 100 parts on a weekend day is NO PROBLEM at all. And that's still not enough? You want 1000 per day?
And if *I* can find 100 parts then everyone else can do it also. But instead of moaning on the forum and giving up after one hour hunting because you just found five parts try to keep on hunting.. because the drop rate goes up and down.
If i would give up everytime when i find only 5 parts / hour then i would have never gotten that many parts.

I have the hardest time finding tech parts on the weekend.

I spent most of Saturday on, but only found 25 techs. Sunday only spent a couple of hours on, but only found 6 techs. The weekend before that was simular.

Last night, I spent 2.5 hours on and found 13. Most weeknight, I only spend 2-4 hours on but end up with tech part count in the teens. (I still think tech drop rate has to do with time)

Eric, I think you are the luckies SOB around - I never find the amount of techs you do. I don't do badly, but not near as close. If I was you I'd invest heavily in lottory tickets :)

-p

Shadow Dancer
15-10-03, 18:34
Originally posted by Itth
IMO a no slot SH is fine.

Really? If that's true then I wouldn't be complaining. But in the past people have always referred to a 0 slot CS or Pain easer as crap, I always thought guns needed an ammo mod.

Originally posted by REMUS
I cant be asked to read the thread becuase its useless

the reason you got a 0 slot SH is, the game has to be balenced, if KK changed it to we all get 1 slot on all our fucking weapons then, you can bet your ass people would then want two slots standard, yeah it might sound stupid but so does having 1 slot as standard to me + its part of the economics of this game also, when you want a 5 slot tpc you have to spend 2 mill+ on parts with a barter, simple as that! if you change this then there will be less of a demand for mass csting, screwing spys even more. 0 slot weapons also put more value on 1+ slot weapons making them more valuable and also adding to the kudos of having a 3+ slotted weapon!

If I told you what I thought of you I'd get banned. So i'll just put you on ignore.

Originally posted by Progenitor

Eric, I think you are the luckies SOB around - I never find the amount of techs you do. I don't do badly, but not near as close. If I was you I'd invest heavily in lottory tickets :)

-p

No, he simplys spends his entire life Everquesting. He can "downplay" the amount of time all he wants, but to get that many parts and multipled FULLY capped chars, including a monk with FULLY capped INT, means that he spends an insane amount of time playing.

The reason I barely put any thought to what Eric says is because like Judge said he always has to take it to the extreme. I don't listen to "fanatic" extremesists, unless they have a good arguement. But his arguement just consists of "OMG U WANT HOLY LIGHTNING AT YO'S!" and the like.

Eric do you really think you're gonna convince people of anything when you just make silly exaggerations?

Zanathos
15-10-03, 18:48
Poor Guys, I got my spy a Pain Easer in 2 days of actual hunting for the parts (I got them all myself too, no clan help.) = 5 hours rougly total of game time.

I got the tech and component myself, I traded for the Core, Hull and Frame.

Got a 2 slotter too.

VVerevvolf
15-10-03, 18:55
http://mitglied.lycos.de/vverevvolf/Neocron/Pics/Conster/SH1-4.JPG
http://mitglied.lycos.de/vverevvolf/Neocron/Pics/Conster/SH2-4.JPG

:cool:

kurai
15-10-03, 18:56
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I busted my ass for weeks to get parts to silent hunter. I got like ONE part of my massving hunting, and I had to pay outrageous prices for the rest of the parts because people are greedy and hardly anyone was selling them.

Then it comes out with no slots. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be so pissed off the drop rate was decent and the pool had no useless parts, but alas the combination of crap drop rate and 30847120740237480273740234 useless rare parts is enough to drive me insane. I feel your pain ... I've had 8 built now ... best one was a 3 slotter. It's the one I've been using for 3 months now. If I ever lose that, I am fuxxored.

The rest were 3 x no slotters, 3x 1 slot & 1 x 2 slot (but with crap stats) :(

Still - with the new uber droprate it shouldn't be hard to grab a few cabfulls of rare parts to start the SH Part Pokemon Trade game again.

lullysing
15-10-03, 18:59
If i'm not mistaken, all ammo mods on sniper rifles give DOT damage, save explosives. ( unless they changed it again)

So if it is true, then having a no slot SH is not that great a loss.

VVerevvolf
15-10-03, 19:02
They changed it again, I learned it by hard.. one of those 4 slotters has the wrong ammo mod in it :mad:

FuzzyDuck
15-10-03, 19:59
Sorry but I feel like pissing you off too:

http://www.geocities.com/fuzzelduck/pictures/SH.JPG

Breschau
15-10-03, 20:06
A minor point, but at the moment getting tech parts really doesn't take much effort.

It does however take time and, depending how long you've been playing, a tolerance for repetition.

icarium
15-10-03, 20:25

so essentially eric, what you are suggesting is that we turn the game into campocron in order to get the weapons we NEED for pvp?

yet another sterling suggestion, well done.

Progenitor
15-10-03, 20:41
Originally posted by icarium
so essentially eric, what you are suggesting is that we turn the game into campocron in order to get the weapons we NEED for pvp?

I don't think he is suggesting that - I think he is implying that without much effort he collects tonnes of techparts and doesn't see why the rest of us poor slobs don't get the same drop rate.

I just think he is luckier than anyone else or has sold his soul for unlimited techparts :)

I get good drops, I just never get the parts I as a monk are particularly looking for.

-p

ericdraven
15-10-03, 20:41
Originally posted by icarium

No, if you would have learnt reading at school you could see that i clearly stated - i do not camp. Maybe you should repeat some reading lessons?

/EDIT: Progenitor, check out my list, maybe i got some parts you need to complete your gloves. I see that you put effort into the game and just have not much luck.. therefore i support you with pleasure. Other people sit on their lazy ass, PK people or give up after 15 minutes of hunting and complain that they get no rare parts. Those people i will never support. End of message.

FuzzyDuck
15-10-03, 22:29
Progenitor, check out my list, maybe i got some parts you need to complete your gloves. I see that you put effort into the game and just have not much luck.. therefore i support you with pleasure. Other people sit on their lazy ass, PK people or give up after 15 minutes of hunting and complain that they get no rare parts. Those people i will never support. End of message.

I love you too. Come visit me in the summer.

NS_CHROME54
15-10-03, 22:49
lol dude my last hunt i only got 3 parts but 2 of them turned out to be Silent Hunter parts :p

mdares
15-10-03, 22:52
i know how u feel... i get mostly ppu parts and drone parts these days... i ended up trading my old stockpile of rifle and apu parts for pistol parts i needed... then i went overboard cuz i was paranoid and bought a spare 4 slot pistol for a few mil just in case i fux up my build... and traded for a efew other s...

end result: i now have 2 4 slot pistols... yeah made it meself... i want a refund... :( and a 2 slot slasher... shitty stats but still art.

well this jsut goes to show... its all luck... that and time... most of use who dont have the time just need to suck it up... :(

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

DartVader
16-10-03, 00:00
i would say lower the rare-parts droprate...
When i'm out hunting (and leveling too) i get about 30 to 40 rareparts per evening. (thats about 4 hours playtime max)
There are Days with only 20 - but there are Days with 50 too ...

Just think about why you need rares for PvP: only because they are NOT rare. If they where really rare (like 5 CS on the whole Server) you would not need them just because your Opponent doesnt have it too ...
That would be more work for Researcher/Constructor too...

ericdraven
16-10-03, 00:10
Originally posted by DartVader
i would say lower the rare-parts droprate...
When i'm out hunting (and leveling too) i get about 30 to 40 rareparts per evening. (thats about 4 hours playtime max)
There are Days with only 20 - but there are Days with 50 too ...

Just think about why you need rares for PvP: only because they are NOT rare. If they where really rare (like 5 CS on the whole Server) you would not need them just because your Opponent doesnt have it too ...
That would be more work for Researcher/Constructor too...
OMG KOS KOS!! How can you say this?! :lol:

I agree 100% with you, but psssssht... otherwise people will be after me again... :D

Shadow Dancer
16-10-03, 00:11
That would seriously overpower the few people who did have rares.

mdares
16-10-03, 00:13
if this ever goes through i;mma start making lotsa e-beams and tpcs

WTS: TPC/E-Beam 3+ SLOTS PRICE 500k!

:D

NeoChick
16-10-03, 08:19
What about the noobish or not so good players who never get any tech parts at all. We'll never get anything good to even manage mobs that will give us tech parts eventually. Can't buy them any more because it is mainly trade nowadays.

Like I go kill a WB near Bunker where I can hide in vehicle depot and promptly before I can hack, one of those sneaky spies already hacked it and took of with my second rare ever in the game - I wanted to cry

And here are people who go hunting and get 25 in one hunt - I am eating my heart out

DartVader
16-10-03, 13:20
Originally posted by NeoChick
What about the noobish or not so good players who never get any tech parts at all. We'll never get anything good to even manage mobs that will give us tech parts eventually.

You don't need rares for mobs.
Just a decent weapon (TL 50-60) and of course some Skill ...
(i never hunt mobs with my rares ...)