PDA

View Full Version : neocron wont open

iainy13
15-10-03, 04:57
Ya im having another problem with neocron. This one looks pretty simple but i cant seem to figure out why. When i open neocron it goes 2 a black screen and closes to desktop. I heard ppl with raideon cards have this problem. But i have a geforce. I have directx 9 an the latest nividia win 98 drivers aswell. Worked fine for me while i was running xp. Also i did a filecheck and it said everything was fine. I have all the latest patches.
1000 htz k6 proccesor.... im pretty sure
geforce 2 mx
512 ddr
win 98 se
thats pretty much it. Need any info just ask an i will post it. All help would be nice.

NS_CHROME54
15-10-03, 05:05
i'll pray for you :lol:

Scikar
15-10-03, 21:53
Use an older version of graphics drivers. I had the same problem on a GeForce 2, the latest Detonator drivers didn't support it properly and 3D games didn't work at all. I rolled back a version and all was well.

Archeus
15-10-03, 22:30
Win98 Sucks. It is pretty old now so it could just be that alone.

Another thing to check for (which I can't remember where in W98 if it is there), if you have set your memory usage as system cache instead programs it will do exactly as you described, and you will have log files in NC about DX failing.

iainy13
15-10-03, 23:44
Use an older version of graphics drivers. I had the same problem on a GeForce 2, the latest Detonator drivers didn't support it properly and 3D games didn't work at all. I rolled back a version and all was well.

THANK YOU! this solves my problem. Thx 4 everyone else who helped aswell. Im off 2 play neocron.

Psychoninja
15-10-03, 23:45
I think your computer is tryign to tell you something ;)

:p