PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks till FFXI hits retail in US

Owain
15-10-03, 02:44
Well there's 2 more weeks till it comes and to get ready for it I joined a linkshell; LS, which is sort of like a neocron clan. If you are interested in FFXI click on my sig. and it'll take you to the website.

(mods, is my sig. too big?)

Hippieman
15-10-03, 03:12
Cant wait either. Did you get the free overnight shipping with the free mousepad? Damn cant wait till im a lil midget black mage frying someones ass.

Owain
15-10-03, 03:16
Originally posted by Hippieman
Cant wait either. Did you get the free overnight shipping with the free mousepad? Damn cant wait till im a lil midget black mage frying someones ass.

From ebgames? Yeah I did.

<<< Mithra theif :D

Hippieman
15-10-03, 03:17
Oh yea shrink the height of your sig by 111 pixels mkay?

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 03:17
111 Pixels too tall you godmode hax0r :p

Hippeh...........
..........damn you.....

Drake6k
15-10-03, 03:18
Sig limit is 100 pixles tall

(yours is too big)

Dribble Joy
15-10-03, 03:20
How much is FFXI a month and when does it come to the UK (If ever)

Owain
15-10-03, 03:22
Bah, okay...I took out my sig. so here is it (not as a sig though) so you can get to the LS site.

http://www.frozen-sun.com/ofsbanner1.gif (http://www.frozen-sun.com)

How much is FFXI a month and when does it come to the UK (If ever)

It's $12.50 a month for 1 character and an extra $1 for each extra character. Supposedly it's a better deal than most MMORPG's out there.

(I'd be paying $20.50 a month for my neo account)

111 Pixels too tall you godmode hax0r

Hippeh...........
..........damn you.....

Seldon pwns j00. :p

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 03:30
http://www.smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/FFXI.jpg (http://www.frozen-sun.com)

Best I could do....

Hippieman
15-10-03, 03:32
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
111 Pixels too tall you godmode hax0r :p

Hippeh...........
..........damn you.....

Hehe owned.

Anyways that 12.50 a month dont sound bad but that damn a buck a character deal kinda sounds like.... BULLSHIT>

Clive tombstone
15-10-03, 04:00
Tell me if this sounds good?
I WANNA be a whitemage/Dragoon

Think itd be tight, I really hope we meat one of us online
if anyone wishes to know, My name will be Clive the White (PS I read WAY to much J.R. Trolkin :D )

Also, hope that some smacktard blackmage chick is there soo the shinanagins can begin :wtf: :wtf: :D

BTW anyone gonna get the tetra maste upgrade? I got really good at it in ff8, (PPS I also play way to much FF :p )

PE

Owain
15-10-03, 04:03
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
Tell me if this sounds good?
I WANNA be a whitemage/Dragoon

Think itd be tight, I really hope we meat one of us online
if anyone wishes to know, My name will be Clive the White (PS I read WAY to much J.R. Trolkin :D )

Also, hope that some smacktard blackmage chick is there soo the shinanagins can begin :wtf: :wtf: :D

BTW anyone gonna get the tetra maste upgrade? I got really good at it in ff8, (PPS I also play way to much FF :p )

PE

The tetra master thingy is another extra $1 a month though =/

@QD

^^ it's exactly 100 pixels now, cool.

Clive tombstone
15-10-03, 04:11
I know, hehe, it sucks, but I love card games, well, tetra and poker, but i like tetra more (since I tend to loose less cash in that venture :D ) anywho, one thing I dont know about the game right now (I know allot already, have a friend in japan who played) but I forgot to ask him, and that was whats with chocobo's can you "own" one or is it like DAOC and you rent one and it takes you somewhere without any player imput?

PEace out

(PS I need an avitar, but since I dont have Photshop [and my luck with finding o\an avitar online sucks] can someone find one that goes with my name [no avitars from the movie daliverence please you sick bastards:mad: :mad: :D ]

Pill
15-10-03, 12:18
isn't FFXI out on PC already? I do believe so, might be mistaken.

what i can't get over is how people belive that sense the consoles aren't "computers", then both video and internet lag don't apply to them :)

J. Folsom
15-10-03, 13:12
Originally posted by Pill
isn't FFXI out on PC already? I do believe so, might be mistaken. It's currently in beta testing, as a amatter of fact.

--

On a side note I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't seen any, "OMG FFXI IN 2 WEEKS, END OF NEOCRON!!" posts yet. Though most likely after I check the topics listing again there'll be around 3 topics now.

alig
15-10-03, 13:27
Ill be going to FFxi....but loosing internet this friday for a few weeks.....i hate moving house :(

Also, there are hybrid monks as we know them and i bet they dont dominate:rolleyes:

Lareolan
15-10-03, 17:25
Red mages! Red mages! The perfect "uber" hybrids! :p

Anyone else read 8-bit theater? :D

Owain
15-10-03, 18:47
Originally posted by Lareolan
Red mages! Red mages! The perfect "uber" hybrids! :p

Anyone else read 8-bit theater? :D

I don't remember the url for 8-bit theater. :(

It's all about the theif. ...Until I hit lvl 30. :D

J. Folsom
15-10-03, 18:49
Originally posted by Owain
I don't remember the url for 8-bit theater. :( Here. (www.nuklearpower.com)

Great comic that is, by the way.

Hippieman
15-10-03, 19:16
Anyone know if you can be a Black mage/White mage/Summoner/ Ninja guy? I want to be all my favorite classes.

Owain
15-10-03, 19:22
Originally posted by Hippieman
Anyone know if you can be a Black mage/White mage/Summoner/ Ninja guy? I want to be all my favorite classes.

I'm 75% sure that you can only have a main class/sub class.

Hippieman
15-10-03, 19:29
Oh damn I really wanted to summon and also rain firaga down and chop em up with katanas

Cliffraiser
15-10-03, 21:01
i cant find the english site of FFXI if there is one please post the link :)

Lethys
15-10-03, 21:04
If/When it eventually gets released in the UK, I will be there straight away. Still no word on a UK release yet tho :(

Owain
15-10-03, 21:09
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
i cant find the english site of FFXI if there is one please post the link :)

it's www.playonline.com

but that's not too good for playing info(newbie guides and such)

http://www.shadow-dragons.com/

is really good for ingame info

@lethys

If you really want to play you should import the US version. (I don't think there's a little tag on PC's that keep you from playing foreign games)

Clive tombstone
15-10-03, 23:50
HEy Owain? I hope I can join ur clan, cuz, Im not good at leading, mainly supporting, Hope we end up on the same server.

Anywho, Im still lookin for a good avitar, something cool and FF, (maybe from FFT) anyone know any good ones?

PS Im gonna be a human male whitemage/lancer(dragoon)
PPS fighter is a genius [and master of the quiet game :D] (and I quote) "The Genius of the sword chuck is neither the sword nor the chuck, but the synthisis that makes them deadly":cool:

whats everyone else gonna be?:cool:

Owain
15-10-03, 23:56
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
HEy Owain? I hope I can join ur clan, cuz, Im not good at leading, mainly supporting, Hope we end up on the same server.

Anywho, Im still lookin for a good avitar, something cool and FF, (maybe from FFT) anyone know any good ones?

PS Im gonna be a human male whitemage/lancer(dragoon)
PPS fighter is a genius [and master of the quite game :D] (and I quote) "The Genius of the sword chuck is neither the sword nor the chuck, but the synthisis that makes them deadly":cool:

whats everyone else gonna be?:cool:

It's not mine clan, I'm just a member of Frozen Sun and trying to recruit some people. If want in you can apply here (www.frozen-sun.com). :D

Clive tombstone
16-10-03, 00:13
THanks, I guess I will, I hate playing a game alone, soloing may have its benefits (all the rares, and no one to share :D ) but it does get lonely

So Im gonna join up!

Whitestuff
16-10-03, 00:15
Everyone must post how good this game is. I got the bench mark and read a bit on it, but it doesn't appeal to me so much like the single player ones have. I hope it is good, cause if so, I am right there with you guys (until I wanna jump back in neo ;) )

Spy<VS>Spy
16-10-03, 00:46
yeah i got in on the preorder too, even preordered the book...hey why not. the only thing which bothers me about it...is that i dont see any mention of PvP...so i assume none is planned or involved.

that bums me out a little...however, the part system, classes and game world. *heard allot about the quests as well* seem like they would be pretty enjoyable not only that it will be avaible cross plateform...which means for the first time in history PS2 owners and PC gamers will be united under one flag...it will make for a very interesting community.

i'm all for non pvp games, long as there are plenty things that keeps you co-opting with people to make it needed to interact rather then just have a dumb built in chat interface...

but the spy, at this point. i'm willing to bring my busniess around to try new things anyways to get my weekend warrior kick. the gm's could probably use a break from me anyways for awile. ;)

Owain
16-10-03, 00:51
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
yeah i got in on the preorder too, even preordered the book...hey why not. the only thing which bothers me about it...is that i dont see any mention of PvP...so i assume none is planned or involved.

that bums me out a little...however, the part system, classes and game world. *heard allot about the quests as well* seem like they would be pretty enjoyable not only that it will be avaible cross plateform...which means for the first time in history PS2 owners and PC gamers will be united under one flag...it will make for a very interesting community.

i'm all for non pvp games, long as there are plenty things that keeps you co-opting with people to make it needed to interact rather then just have a dumb built in chat interface...

but the spy, at this point. i'm willing to bring my busniess around to try new things anyways to get my weekend warrior kick. the gm's could probably use a break from me anyways for awile. ;)

There's a very popular rumor going around most, if not all, of the FFXI forums; it say's that pvp is already integrated in the game but won't be implemented until the PS2 version comes out in the US, and/or they figure out how to fit the pvp into the game's story-line.

I've also heard that the level cap at the moment is level 70, when the US version for the PC comes out it'll be raised to 75. It's planned to be raised to 255 sometime in the future.

Owain
16-10-03, 04:55
It won't let me edit my post....

Anyway, the FFXI frozen sun isn't accepting anymore members until the game comes out and we get an established server.

So if you're interested check back with us when you have your game. :D

hose187
16-10-03, 05:52
The payment plan seems kind of ..... hm..... shady. An extra dollar a month for each character? An extra dollar for the mini-game? Don't like that one bit.

I never use to PvP in games before NC, but I was also wondering about it in FF XI. If anyone could balance it, I bet it would be Square. But then again, PvP isn't exciting in EQ or AO. For that matter, those games aren't exciting in general.

When's the PS2 release? My computer died, and have been playing NC on a friend's, but I may not get a new computer if something good doesn't happen with NC soon. Too much money for a gaming system, anyway. Believe it, or not, I actually HATE computers. I just love games.

Kenjuten
16-10-03, 05:57
The point behind the $1 per extra character is that Square wants you to have only one character, but still will allow the option...

As in FFV, you can hybridize and/or omnize your character... considering the level caps for the time being, it will certainly not be as easy as in FFV, but the option still exists...the job system leads to an entirely new way (online anyway...) to customize your character.

Considering it'll be a few months before they up from 70 to 75, and then have 255 be the cap at an undisclosed later date, it tells me it will take quite a long time to level your character..not as hard as in current beta, or so I've been told by friends of mine who are beta-testers (Yes, I have seen screenshots when I asked for verification of them being testers.)...this is why Square is doing $1 per extra character and not more.

Spy<VS>Spy
16-10-03, 19:56
to be honost, thats a great deal, 1 dollar for an additional charactor? you dont have to buy anouther box, or pay anouther monthly account...

thats dirt ASS cheap...i was paying 20 bucks a mouth to keep my charactor going, many pople in my clan was paying onwards to 30-50 dollars a month, not to mention for those of us who didnt wait untill you could register online and had to buy the box, which was an EXTRA 30 dollars PER reg key.

a cheap ass 12 bucks with a extra dollar for more charactors or other shit...

That my friends...is pretty good value in my eyes. for twenty bucks a month you could have what...7 charactors in the addition to your first? thats allot better then what you'll get in SWG. ;)

If there is half way decent PvP planned, i might be in heaven.

this month whats left of the clan is cancling most of their secondary accounts and moving our asses over to saturn...get four charactors.

Its a good thing the whole clan didnt orginally start on saturn, when i think of how uber we would be if everyone in our clan had a capped passive monk, agressive monk, gentank and tradeskiller...or two trade skillers, its monkacron yo!

i'd sudder to think of the carnage...but thats why i enjoy pluto...its a hard core chalange.

Mekarex
16-10-03, 21:03
well its deffinately great that you will be able to switch classes freely with your one character^^

Well people have hacked the files and found PvP and square admitted that it is there but there is no need for it yet since PvP has nothing to do with the story right now. Their plan files have also been released (search for it on the ffxionline.com forums) and it states that the PvP system will be activated right before the PS2 release though the details on how it will work is unknown.

Spy<VS>Spy
17-10-03, 02:29
well...kick ass then. :)

hopefully it wont be too shabby, btw i've clocked 3226 for a high score in the FFXI benchmark on low rez. whats everything else getting? i have an intel 2.4 800fsb, 1 gig ram DDR duel channel 266mhz and a geforce 4 FX 5600 128mb card.

so i guess that means i might get 'slightly' higher frame rates then that what i get in neocron.

Owain
17-10-03, 02:42
well...kick ass then. :)

hopefully it wont be too shabby, btw i've clocked 3226 for a high score in the FFXI benchmark on low rez. whats everything else getting? i have an intel 2.4 800fsb, 1 gig ram DDR duel channel 266mhz and a geforce 4 FX 5600 128mb card.

so i guess that means i might get 'slightly' higher frame rates then that what i get in neocron.

I got a benchmark score of 1499 on low res. :(
I'm hoping to get a new computer in 4 to 5 months.

Mattimeo
17-10-03, 03:01
Hopefully PvP will stay optional. I'm not a fan of PvP. As far as I know, last response on PS2 version was febuary, but I could be wrong.

I get a score of 2735 in high Rez, so anyone around that souldn't worry about performance.

People in the US both Gamestop and EB are doing free overnight shipping on pre-orders on their website ;)

Hippieman
17-10-03, 04:50
I got exactly 1899 on low res. Was doing great but my graphics card chokes on the weather part with fog and the rainfalls. Other then that I may have gotten a 2500+ had it been for weather.

Athlon XP 2000+
XP Pro
Geforce 2 MX 200 (The choker on weather)
768 PC 2100 Ram
40 Gig
16x DVD
24x12x40x CD RW
A7N8X deluxe

hose187
17-10-03, 05:07
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.

There will have to be multiple servers. Will I be able to have one character on each server? Otherwise, I don't see how that's a great deal. NC let's you have 11 characters per account, EQ 8 per server, AO 4 per server, SwG and UO both 4 per server I think.

The real kicker for me, though, is having to pay for tetra master (is that even still what it's called?). It's like having to pay extra per month to hack or construct in NC.

Cyphor
17-10-03, 05:55
can anyone recommend a good importer for the uk?

Spy<VS>Spy
17-10-03, 06:24
Originally posted by Mattimeo
Hopefully PvP will stay optional. I'm not a fan of PvP. As far as I know, last response on PS2 version was febuary, but I could be wrong.

I get a score of 2735 in high Rez, so anyone around that souldn't worry about performance.

People in the US both Gamestop and EB are doing free overnight shipping on pre-orders on their website ;)

ahh, your a bum. i only get 2037 in high rez. what kind of animal are you running there? heh, must be using some pricy ram.

Mattimeo
17-10-03, 06:34
ahh, your a bum. i only get 2037 in high rez. what kind of animal are you running there? heh, must be using some pricy ram.

actually, it's not that awsome a machine AMD athlon 2400+ 1.5GB pc2700RAM (CAS 2), Radeon 9700Pro, and my HDD are a RAID Array two 80GB Seagates.

I think my score is a fluke, but it happened every time, same number.

Owain
17-10-03, 07:36
Originally posted by hose187
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.

There will have to be multiple servers. Will I be able to have one character on each server? Otherwise, I don't see how that's a great deal. NC let's you have 11 characters per account, EQ 8 per server, AO 4 per server, SwG and UO both 4 per server I think.

The real kicker for me, though, is having to pay for tetra master (is that even still what it's called?). It's like having to pay extra per month to hack or construct in NC.

In theory you have have an infinite amout of characters, what server they goto depends on the random chance, you don't get to pick the server it's random, or you can use a world pass and bring all you characters to one server, even if it's 100+ characters you pay for.

As for compairing a card game to hacking and constructing in Neocron...well that's incorrect for one major factor.

The card game is outside FFXI, it has no effect whatsoever on the game you are playing in FFXI. You do not need the cards to find rare items, hack. Nor do you need the cards to synthisize rare items or even normal items for that matter, constructing.

Mad_dude
17-10-03, 09:22
i scored 5256 on high res with my 1 gig RAM,AMD XP2800+,radion 9700, alienware PC

Spy<VS>Spy
17-10-03, 15:25
whoa...its either that video card kicking my ass. (i honostly didnt see much of a preformance increase when i upgraded from a geforce 3 ti-200) or you guys have some REALLY good duel channel ram...which i have failed to upgrade because i'm cheep.

its a little muddling to me on the lack of perfance, i do think i should be getting a bit higher even if my machine isnt a high perfomance system...i'd at least exspenct 2500 in high rez.

oh well, i'll have to do some guess work...on the most part its either my geforce FX 5600 sucks ass...or my ram is lagging like a bitch, and thats easy enough fixed. ;)

Mattimeo
17-10-03, 17:39
whoa...its either that video card kicking my ass. (i honostly didnt see much of a preformance increase when i upgraded from a geforce 3 ti-200) or you guys have some REALLY good duel channel ram...which i have failed to upgrade because i'm cheep.

its a little muddling to me on the lack of perfance, i do think i should be getting a bit higher even if my machine isnt a high perfomance system...i'd at least exspenct 2500 in high rez.

oh well, i'll have to do some guess work...on the most part its either my geforce FX 5600 sucks ass...or my ram is lagging like a bitch, and thats easy enough fixed. ;)

Could be one of those instances where the Radeons mysteriously perform beyond the Geforce cards. I'd also look into the drivers you're using and things like that. The 5600 is the one that has the gigantic fan right? I'm just curious as to why you'd score low, it sounds like a good a machine and you seem knowledgeable.

Spy<VS>Spy
17-10-03, 18:06
actually it has a smaller fan, its made by MSI, and they make very high quality, less bulky and quite cooling methods. i am using the latest drivers so i am unsure where the shortcomings must be...its 'possible' that perhaps some old drivers are still sticking in there so while the newer interface software drivers that the hardware drivers are not being used correctly.

I think i might try a complete window's restore. whipe the sucker instead of a reinstall and go over driver by driver. though it may be a one of those odd reasons...and if so future driver updates will eventually previal.

while both my board and my processor have a good 800 FSB my Ram, while plentiful at one gig and in duel channel mode, is not the speediest thing this side of the block...i'll have to do some tests to determine if its REALLY causing that much of a perfance decrease.

hardware can be a mystory sometimes.

Mekarex
17-10-03, 20:48
Plus Tetra Master is a hell of alot more fun than hacking and constructing^^(as a mini game that is) believe me, I got to play the beta for a short time and at first I wasent gonna play Tetra Master but now I will not be able to resist =P

Mattimeo
18-10-03, 07:11

hardware can be a mystory sometimes.

all the time.

Originally posted by Mekarex
Plus Tetra Master is a hell of alot more fun than hacking and constructing^^(as a mini game that is) believe me, I got to play the beta for a short time and at first I wasent gonna play Tetra Master but now I will not be able to resist =P

Me either. for $1.00 it's a pretty nice add-on. I bet we're going to see more companies pull stuff like this if it takes off.

is anyone else counting the days?

I think I'm going to scare the delivery man.

Mankind
18-10-03, 08:02
so this is a MMORPG thats going straight to retail without open beta?

gostly
18-10-03, 09:25

well, since it's shipping out on oct28th, i dont think their would be much reason to pull out open beta...got mine on pre-order waiting for it to come...good thing i quit neocron 3 months ago, or else i'd be quitting right now to play FFXI... :lol:

Lorcin
18-10-03, 11:18
Originally posted by gostly
well, since it's shipping out on oct28th, i dont think their would be much reason to pull out open beta...got mine on pre-order waiting for it to come...good thing i quit neocron 3 months ago, or else i'd be quitting right now to play FFXI... :lol:

It's been out in Japan for about a year - and already has an expansion pack (comes free with US version). I think I heard it has 250000 subscribers already - think it's been tested enough really!

Mattimeo
18-10-03, 16:48
Originally posted by Mankind

You mean like most betas where some people get in, or like neocron's open beta? Neocron is the only game I can think of that had a free public open beta. Earth and Beyond had a thing if you pre-ordered it, but that's about the only thing I can think of thats close to that.

Spy<VS>Spy
18-10-03, 19:47
jumpgate also had an open beta...but we called it a stress test, in which you let every tom dick and nidhogg pile onto the server to make sure that when people actually pay money to play the game they will actually be able to get in and play it when you buy it.

its also used to anticipate how many possible new subscibers you get...if on your open beta your servers take in 60k accounts in 2 weeks, and your servers survive...you know you had better upgrade your shit cause you hit pay dirt. ;)

most games dont these days because of new network simulation software allows you to better gauge your networks performance.

the benifit can be a double edge sword though, while on the bright side you may make someone who is shrewd with spending money for a new game relax easy trying your game for free for a week, let them get a sample of your service and support. then when they go to the software store and they are faced with competers software...they will already KNOW whats in store for them, and may go on a sure thing they liked over something they didnt...

but then that may also turn the other way too. FFXI did have a beta, if you where a file planet subsriber or bought a new alien ware PC with their free promotion package you got in to try the game...

being the neocron fan that i was, i opted to skip it...but now it looks like something i would enjoy trying out.

Owain
19-10-03, 03:46
www.shadow-dragons.com

It has some good newbie guides here. There's also some cool pics also.

guywithnoears
19-10-03, 05:10
i'm gettin this game...always been a fan of ff series. never been let down by them...well..cept for ff9 :O

Nooq
24-10-03, 11:11
Yay this is where im headed too :)

pre-ordered already from dvdboxoffice

see u there :)