PDA

View Full Version : *Brainport* Another new drone

Jaggeh
15-10-03, 02:30
A new scout drone, that can See a target box for stealthers, this drone will have no weapons.

(Archeus told me to suggest a Particle cannon drone similar in efect to pc from command and conquer :P )

Heavyporker
15-10-03, 04:23
no new scout drones. just give the ability to current scout drones.

Technocrat
15-10-03, 04:28
Not a terrible idea so long as the drone's Tech Level and T-C requirement were simular to the requirements on the steath activators.

greploco
15-10-03, 08:56
drones don't have TC do they? a change like that would unbalance the system

Richard Slade
15-10-03, 08:58
Err me droner had T-C and I hope everyone has
Every droner will always have a need of a stealth themself
quote:
"There's never a reason to why anyone wouldn't want 90sec stealth!"
*lol*

Archeus
15-10-03, 09:11
My idea was a drone that only fires when at a certain altitude, then fires a beam that kills anybody for 10 seconds before exploding. You can't fire it while it is targetting something though.

Shujin
15-10-03, 09:28
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Err me droner had T-C and I hope everyone has
Every droner will always have a need of a stealth themself
quote:
"There's never a reason to why anyone wouldn't want 90sec stealth!"
*lol* y would a droner need steath really tho?

my droners jus settin up to do as much damage he can do as a droner, and b as fast as he can be, im puttin 95% of his con into ath, drones dont need any resistances or any armor imo, they hide
armor is just extra weight. however i would wear a droner pa, bcuz it'd + to dex/ stats

but i might change my opinion wonce i actaully pvp w/ droner ;p

RayBob
15-10-03, 09:28
I suggested a long time ago, and several times since, that scout drones should be able to see stealthed runners. This would give droners some sort of "unique ability" that would make them slightly useful.

But it's too late for me....I give up on droning. 107 LoMs between me and rifles.

Ray

Archeus
15-10-03, 09:54
Without stealth a droners life expectancy drops radically if found.

Watching Jaggeh, normally once hit drone is dropped and stealth hit to escape. Without that... dead.

Jaggeh
15-10-03, 12:44
ive escaped so many times with stealth its not funny :P

the only time i die while droning now is when kurai stealths right into my face and unleashs on me. :/

Shujin
15-10-03, 21:43
*starts thinkin bout T-C ;o.....

bah i can spare the points, ill b gettin a riggers dream and interface anyway

Heavyporker
17-10-03, 18:18
drones should never require TC - they have that built into them with the RCL thing anyway.

Just put the ability to see stealthed runners into scout drones. Simplest and fairest thing.

Archeus
17-10-03, 18:22
I think to keep it fair, have it so that the ability to see stealthers is a long range feature. When the drone gets closer the stealth field confuses its sight and the person vanishes.

Otherwise all the droner has to do is fly the scout right above the stealthers head and people can just attack below the drone. The player will still be able to relay the location of the stealther, just can't use a visual guide.

QuantumDelta
17-10-03, 18:59
Considering spacial awareness seems to be of great difficulty for many droners already, I don't really see it working at short range as a major problem.
Stealth has no real counters, True Sight Sanctum has a Range of 6m.

However, it wouldn't be a good idea to give this to all the scout drones, since the lowest ones can be made available to the PE or other classes with the minimum of gimping.

It would be nice to see
A) The droner be useful (currently, drones die too fast, to APU weaponry).
B) The spy to be the class to get a REAL counter to stealth.

Since PPUs "stealth counter" is more likely to find a fish in a fireball.

Heavyporker
17-10-03, 19:09
PE use drones... well, good! At least the cookiecuttering would be trimmed down a bit! No problem there with me matey.

Make it so that the level of drone determine how close you have to get to see a stealther... Short range has to be within 30m, Medium range has to be within 100m, long range has to be withing 175-200m to see a stealther.

Droners are better with situational awareness than people give us credit for... landmarks and and relational contexts could be used ( "hey, stealther over by that dick-shaped rock spire! no, he's by rizzy now! no, hes moved over to the grim chaser now! leave him alone - hes a goner now!"

QuantumDelta
17-10-03, 19:12
Originally posted by Heavyporker

Droners are better with situational awareness than people give us credit for... landmarks and and relational contexts could be used ( "hey, stealther over by that dick-shaped rock spire! no, he's by rizzy now! no, hes moved over to the grim chaser now! leave him alone - hes a goner now!"

Talk to the other droners around they always seem to be yelling they don't know where their drone is or where their body is or where anyone in the zone is o_O

I credit you with some skill if you can do that when most others can't...

edit;
I'm probably skeptical and unsympathetic to the droners who complain about such problems because I came from a game where flying was a very major thing, and spacial awareness was required at maximum at all times.
Without even SEEING the enemy and friendly ships around you, you needed to know where they would be, and you did it by predicting their movements.

I have however agreed that droners need several bug fixes, and that they need armor on their drones.
Other stuff needs to come after that really..

Archeus
17-10-03, 19:19
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Talk to the other droners around they always seem to be yelling they don't know where their drone is or where their body is or where anyone in the zone is o_O

The world looks so different from so high in the sky.

shenten
17-10-03, 19:29
The scout drone that see stealther should have really hight reqs because any ppu with Drone combat 3 can use the lowest scout drone.

Spikadelia
17-10-03, 19:33
Very interesting proposal about a True Seeing Scout Drone. Votes Yes.

Spatial awareness becomes hard to maintain even in really familiar terrain. I often hunt near Gab mine and I lose the location of the "Little House on the Prairie" where I leave my fat package (droners tend to be overweight due to lack of exercise) regularly when at distance and chasing MOBs.

This is partly 'fog distance' and the loss of any navigation aids like compass bearings etc etc once a drone is launched. Simply introducing that one feature in-flight would help so much.

Now droning whilst stealthed, time limits notwithstanding.......aaah
(rudely awoken by a CS up the land of endless night)

QuantumDelta
17-10-03, 19:38
Hehe, Tantra, Cap your STR dump it all in TRA and find a nice hiding spot :p

Spikadelia
17-10-03, 21:04
SHOCK HORROR LARDY FATTIST DRONE PROBE

Returns from making Blood Viper shoes and handbags in the Graves to find QD poking fun at me large lady droner.

Be gentle, I need help, if eating is a compulsive disorder so is Droning.... believe me!!!

(Hides in corner eating lard between PN launches)