There a server we dont know about ?

God damn waste of a decent game

--- Acc closed -----

sparrowtm
15-10-03, 01:14
Uhm .. I downloaded it three times alone. :rolleyes:

Marzola
15-10-03, 01:15
I believe that number is the number of people who clicked the button to download the game, not the number who have completed the download, so theoretically someone could have sat at his computer clicking the download button 15k times :p

Also with the state MC5 was in i'm not surprised that we don't have a lot more people on the servers.

sparrowtm
15-10-03, 01:18
Originally posted by Marzola
Also with the state MC5 was in i'm not surprised that we don't have a lot more people on the servers.

Aye aye, absolutely right. But since the MC5 "fix" I've noticed an rising number of LE-noobs on Jupiter ... dunno if many people just rerolled or if the server really experiences an increase in player numbers.

Barar
15-10-03, 01:19
so of 15000 possible downloads

10% actually finish the download - 1500

Problems with installer only 10 % bother to get it working = 150

Of these 150 people 10 % look past MC5

15 people cross 5 servers 3 players each server

That might explain it

Alex Mars
15-10-03, 01:26
What MC5 fix? I missed that.

The most common responses when I mentioned in other forums that I was going to play NC were:

1) I tried it but gave up after a while because of bugs (these tend to be from people who tried the game when it was new).

2) I wandered around the newbie zone and it wasn't fun.

3) Too many asshat PKers in the game.

4) The game is unbalanced and a poor PvP game.

5) Why should I pay to play a shooter (this was from FPS gamers)?

nonamebrandeggs
15-10-03, 01:27
Originally posted by Alex Mars

3) Too many asshat PKers in the game.

Negative.

Birkoff
15-10-03, 01:27
Sad thing is that probably 2 :/ then only half of them play the gme for a half decent amount of time.

KRIMINAL99
15-10-03, 01:41
Yeah that MC5 man. I remember every time I rerolled a character there was like 5 noobs at MC5 asking for help cause they didn't have the slightest clue what was going on, half of them saying screw this and leaving before I left. I helped who I could as long as I was there but it didnt do much. The worst was one time there was this red pker at NEWBIE mc5 (named mc5 moida) who was an apu monk that had managed to level to 4 bars. There was a bunch of newbies who said people had told them to take out their le's right away :rolleyes: and here they were already being slaughtered for it. There are no sl guards there so the pker had free reign.

The LE needs a specific warning telling the newbies that the person who told you to take out the chip is an idiot and doesn't know what hes talking about.

sparrowtm
15-10-03, 01:44
Well, another point:

The first thing a potential newbie sees when he tries to gather information about this game is this forum (or one of the other two main discussion forums). And what's the content of these ? Babble babble bitch bitch rant honk zork narf fjord. I'm glad I did not care for neocron.jafc.com when I started playing Neocron. :rolleyes:

So, together with the other points already made there are just too many causes for the current stagnation ... :(

sparrowtm
15-10-03, 01:45
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
The LE needs a specific warning telling the newbies that the person who told you to take out the chip is an idiot and doesn't know what hes talking about.

Yeah, but some newbies would do better at start if they just RTFM ! :D It may be outdated, but the basic principles are still the same.

/edit: trying to be constructive with my double-post :p

Alex Mars
15-10-03, 01:51
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Negative.

Sorry, that is one of the things that people say about the game.

joran420
15-10-03, 02:15
ummm the manual is basically garbage imho

enablerbr
15-10-03, 04:40
Originally posted by joran420
ummm the manual is basically garbage imho

lol it's never been any good. though it does have a nice neocron history but thats it.

garyu69
15-10-03, 10:57
Originally posted by Marzola
Also with the state MC5 was in i'm not surprised that we don't have a lot more people on the servers. Maybe they are all lost in the MC5?

But fair play to KK they have turned MC5 into a nice theme park with big signs and stuff :)

Original monk
15-10-03, 11:43
Originally posted by Barar
Over 15k people have downloaded the NC game

There a server we dont know about ?

Lol i laughed like 7 mintues then i posted this reaction: this is funny LOL

Shockwave
15-10-03, 12:52
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Sorry, that is one of the things that people say about the game.

It's also true. There ARE too many asshat PKers. Not including PvP in that BTW, just the twat random gankers.

Shock.

Lareolan
15-10-03, 17:19
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Negative.

Uranus: NCAT
Saturn: New Dawn
Pluto: NDA

Need I say more or list any additional groups? (Not to mention individuals)

Smugly
15-10-03, 22:11
It's true about random twat gankage. Newb walks into game, gets killed by some bloke he never had a chance against. And since it'll probably take a good month or two before they're even near the point of posing a threat (as it is with most MMORPG's), they're likely to just click the great big uninstall button. Before they have to start paying for it.

First impressions count. If your first experiance of a game is having your newbie character repeatedly ganked by a pack of capped assholes, most will not return for a second helping.

Nullifidian
15-10-03, 22:22
The game mechanics are fundamentally flawed and uncorrectable.

At the heart of things, this game sucks ass.

It's only saving grace is it's atmosphere.

Lareolan
16-10-03, 06:10
Originally posted by Nullifidian
The game mechanics are fundamentally flawed and uncorrectable.

At the heart of things, this game sucks ass.

It's only saving grace is it's atmosphere.

Yeah, I agree with that. There's just too little RP in this RPG and it's not just the player's fault but also the fault of the game's mechanics.