PDA

View Full Version : Do You Play - Or Roleplay

PenguinNick
14-10-03, 23:26
I've been wondering, how many people out there actually play Neocron for the roleplay experience. Do you try to stay in character, or are you constantly out of character? Or does it just depend on the day your having?

Kenjuten
14-10-03, 23:44
I myself don't like to be constricted to be all roleplay or all play, but I do configure whatever I do to be part of my RP persona whenever possible...yeah, on some days I prefer just to hack/slash/'hack'/burn/etc, but I could think it as a training day for me...or when I go explore... When I don't feel like I'm capable of playing or roleplaying I just don't play the game for the day.

Catmanoct
15-10-03, 00:01
I prefer to roleplay, but all to often, you're kinda coaxed out of it by people talking about the latest "pwnage" or someone taking requests in Plaza on what song to sing.

Sometimes, you simply can't cause the other players won't.

Oh well :)

Judge
15-10-03, 00:14
I'm a hybrid.... My main characters personallity is quite similar to my own and of course I use some of the NC termanology (like "runner" etc) so it could be considered in character but I don't generally try and keep in characters.

I do however consider myself a Roleplayer, if only casually, as I try to interact with the world as if I was looking through Drikie's eyes, thinking about friends, alliances and enemies. I also used to try and organise various RP events on saturn but recently have given up to be quite frank. Considering moving my efforts in that department over to pluto with my pistol tank.

Alex Mars
15-10-03, 00:18
I was hoping there would be more RP in this game. I don't bother because I gave up after not finding anyone who roleplays in NC.

Dribble Joy
15-10-03, 00:40
Uranus is the WORST place for RP.
I try to do it but no-one else will, and besides no-one actually wants to hire a merc.
My char is more-or-less the same a me, but the political situation/mentality of Uranus sucks cock.
I'm having a bit of fun over on Pluto atm with TgR. :D