PDA

View Full Version : [BrainPort] Second 'health bar' ?

\\Fényx//
14-10-03, 18:44
Hi,

Just had a Idea about people that sit there after dieing waiting for a rez... Make a second health bar, so that over their head once they die, showing in red their health bar is full again but dead on the floor, this is their corpses condition lol, anyway you can use any weapon to damage the corpse, but I believe things like melee should be more effective, as would force/pierce weapons like gat's and SMG's etc see where im coming from ? Then once that health's down to 0 it can either make the corpse dissapear, or make them auto GR to their apartment...

It's just a quick idea atm, so uhm, add contributions :)

Scikar
14-10-03, 18:46
Yeah sounds alright to me. It should just make the corpse disappear though, there would be nothing more disappointing than to go to an OP war, die in the first few minutes, and then get forced to auto GR and not even get to watch the fight.

\\Fényx//
14-10-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Scikar
Yeah sounds alright to me. It should just make the corpse disappear though, there would be nothing more disappointing than to go to an OP war, die in the first few minutes, and then get forced to auto GR and not even get to watch the fight.

thats one of the points tho, theres nothing more annoying that someone running in (while connected to teamspeak) and telling you how many of what they have, because of the fucking colourcoding by class, weapon typoe GAYNESS that they though was a good idea *sigh*

CoDi... you know that basket of egg's, chuck em at the guy that thought of that great idea :rolleyes: ;)

Scikar
14-10-03, 18:50
People can already spy with teamspeak anyway. There should be a time limit on how long they can stay, basically just something to boot them to their apts when the fight is over, but they should still be able to watch the action.

t0tt3
14-10-03, 22:51
If you wanna watch a OP fight just make a droner and you can spy miles away :p

"just hope you are in the canyon and while night :D"

Krll
14-10-03, 23:04
Like it...

It would stop there being shed loads of bodies piling up waiting for a rez if you can just chop them to bits.

I would agree on the auto genrep though to help stop spying. Maybe make the body invulnerable for 5 seconds after dieing to give people plenty of time to genrep out though.

-Krll

Mantus
14-10-03, 23:12
I dont mind this idea.

I still think that a 5% SI penalty after a rezz would really balance that spell out. If you kill some one twice, at 10% SI, chances are they cant use their weapons anymore, so u effectivelly take them out of the fight for a minute. It would be very effective.

Void Dildano
15-10-03, 12:52
Why would the corpse need a complicated healthbar system?

Why not just make a corpseremovaltool that requires recycle?
(use resurection system along with GR system (i.e. you end up GRed to home)

Then at last recycle would be useful.

Shockwave
15-10-03, 13:08
Even easier - Have the screen slowly fade to black on the "Press Mouse2 to select a GeneReplicator" screen over about 15 seconds.
Bingo - no more corpse-spying.

Shock.

Scikar
15-10-03, 15:36
It's not just about spying though. It's also about how you have an OP fight, you spend the entire fight killing an enemy clan, only for one ppu to survive, and res them all. So there should be some way of removing a corpse.

Shockwave
15-10-03, 15:45
Originally posted by Scikar
It's not just about spying though. It's also about how you have an OP fight, you spend the entire fight killing an enemy clan, only for one ppu to survive, and res them all. So there should be some way of removing a corpse.

Ok, 15 sec fade-to-black, then a 30 sec timer to allow you to choose a GR before it auto-spawns you in your Apartment? That gives a PPU 45 secs tops to get to the corpse and Rez it (Giving them a chance to save their clan-mate if they're on the ball), and reduces the necromancer-style PPU "raising an army of the dead" thing. How does that sound?

Shock.

Scikar
15-10-03, 15:47
Well I kind of like that, but it's still unfortunate to low level people who die early on in a fight and then miss the rest of the fight. How about just a 60 second timer from when you die, no fade to black (can't really spy in 60 seconds) and after that you auto-GR to apartment.

Shockwave
15-10-03, 15:58
SOunds good to me. Would be remarkably easier to put in the game than a second health bar and do the same job, that's for sure. :)

Shock.

Lathuc
15-10-03, 16:11
that would suck when your on cave runs and grave runs when the ppu dies and everyone else with him

Scikar
15-10-03, 16:15
Maybe it would just teach people to try not to die. Then they might realise it's possible to do the caves without a ppu. I really hate it when I'm on a cave run without a ppu, and everyone's being careful not to die, then as soon as someone gets killed they ask me to log my ppu. When I get there, everyone starts suciding against the mobs because they think I'm going to rez them. :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
15-10-03, 16:15
Originally posted by Lathuc
that would suck when your on cave runs and grave runs when the ppu dies and everyone else with him

well when the PPU dies, and everyone else dies... isnt that time to GR out ? or noy ? you normally sit there untill some other PPU shows up ?

Ryuben
15-10-03, 19:22
maybe a 2 min timer and the screen fades to black, meaning u can only read the right click thing and the lsit of GR's

then after 3 more mins, your courpse decays and spawns you in BIO-Tech HQ with a line of, if we had left you much longer there would have been irriversable brain damamge welcome back. to the world of the liveing citizen.

works for me and omg its actually RP so would omg fit in with the omg story line

(also if ur bio tech u get 5 less SI Then rest :D might be a reason for people to go bio-tech then)

Cubico
16-10-03, 11:52
Hi,

making sex to dead people should also bring second health bar down.

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 12:00
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

Hi,

Making posts like yours there gets you slapped for spam...

CkVega
16-10-03, 12:18
Originally posted by Ryuben
maybe a 2 min timer and the screen fades to black, meaning u can only read the right click thing and the lsit of GR's

then after 3 more mins, your courpse decays and spawns you in BIO-Tech HQ with a line of, if we had left you much longer there would have been irriversable brain damamge welcome back. to the world of the liveing citizen.

works for me and omg its actually RP so would omg fit in with the omg story line

(also if ur bio tech u get 5 less SI Then rest :D might be a reason for people to go bio-tech then)

I think its NEXT that controls the Genreps.

I like the idea for getting rid of corpses

athon
16-10-03, 14:18
Originally posted by Ryuben

If you're gonna go along roleplay lines wouldnt it be even more fitting that biotech don't ressurect their enemies. I mean why would they? No enemies = biotech rule.

Athon Solo

Lathuc
16-10-03, 15:02
@fénix well when im hunting with a ppu and we both die he normally comes back but not always :rolleyes:

@ryuben well being a tt i can´t see that happening since the guards would try and kill me and probably would :lol:

boneybob
16-10-03, 15:18
Nice idea \\Fényx//, i like it.

This way you can show some one just how much u dislike them when u kill them by thrashing their corpse as well! :lol:

cool, i think this one should get put ingame.

BB

Heavyporker
16-10-03, 19:10
NExT controls all transportation. Period.

Biotech only deals in implants and medical equipment.

I say there has to be a 15 second fade to black, period. You'd be suprised how much you can see even in so short a time. You want to watch the fight - stay on the sidelines, or take up droning and use scout drones, or GR out and back.

Timer on auto-GR to apt would be a bit tricky. 60 seconds until autores sounds fairest - not too short, not too long.

ghandisfury
16-10-03, 19:28
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Hi,

Just had a Idea about people that sit there after dieing waiting for a rez... Make a second health bar, so that over their head once they die, showing in red their health bar is full again but dead on the floor, this is their corpses condition lol, anyway you can use any weapon to damage the corpse, but I believe things like melee should be more effective, as would force/pierce weapons like gat's and SMG's etc see where im coming from ? Then once that health's down to 0 it can either make the corpse dissapear, or make them auto GR to their apartment...

It's just a quick idea atm, so uhm, add contributions :)

I love it, but PSI damage should do nothing at all ;)

RuButt
16-10-03, 19:33
ya, and make it so that u can chop the corpses with melee, youll get a SL loss though :p

but when youve chopped the corpse, you can get stuff like "head of blablablabal" "left leg of blablablabla"

that would be awesome :p

and everyone would use stilletos to chop 'em corpses!

Archeus
16-10-03, 20:27
30 seconds is too short. The timer should be 1 minute or more, but hacking the body (with melee weapons) will allow you to speed up that timer.

Also I would put limits on who can actually hack the bodies to remove them. So a certain class is required to sweep the dead up ^^ (Give the job to the tanks as god love them they never have anything to do at op fights).

I think for anarchy zones the timer must be disabled or longer.

\\Fényx//
16-10-03, 20:44
Originally posted by Archeus
30 seconds is too short. The timer should be 1 minute or more, but hacking the body (with melee weapons) will allow you to speed up that timer.

Also I would put limits on who can actually hack the bodies to remove them. So a certain class is required to sweep the dead up ^^ (Give the job to the tanks as god love them they never have anything to do at op fights).

I think for anarchy zones the timer must be disabled or longer.

Hunting grounds yes, anarchy grounds hmm... maybe a extension to 5 mins then auto GR to apt

fatwreck
16-10-03, 23:17
what about if you die while hunting at cycrow or something and want to get rezzed and keep hunting, and dont wana be bothered with the SI, pokes, and time it takes to get back out there. could you log out, log another char to tell someone, since not all of us use teamspeak and still log back onto the dead guy to get rezzed? theres too many other situations where you may need to lie dead for more than a min. what if your team is killing a few grims and the ppu needs to focus their efforts on keeping everyone else alive and not picking up the dead guy who's gonna drop again first hit. it sounds good for op fights, but remeber not all of us play the game solely for op fights. if a ppu drops while hunting it can take 5 mins to get them back to the team to rez everyone, but if your in a team full of people you dont know, how can you be sure the ppu is coming back or not if your screen blacks out, or even worse... your forced to GR. maybe make a spell that you can cast on a dead body that blacks their screen out or brings their sight down to only a meter or 2, just so they can see if they are being rezzed or not.

Archeus
17-10-03, 00:22
Originally posted by Cubico
Hi,

We should implement a third health bar for that.. but then Lexxuk would only get the skill nerfed for speed sex'ing.

ghandisfury
17-10-03, 00:41
Originally posted by fatwreck
what about if you die while hunting at cycrow or something and want to get rezzed and keep hunting, and dont wana be bothered with the SI, pokes, and time it takes to get back out there. could you log out, log another char to tell someone, since not all of us use teamspeak and still log back onto the dead guy to get rezzed? theres too many other situations where you may need to lie dead for more than a min. what if your team is killing a few grims and the ppu needs to focus their efforts on keeping everyone else alive and not picking up the dead guy who's gonna drop again first hit. it sounds good for op fights, but remeber not all of us play the game solely for op fights. if a ppu drops while hunting it can take 5 mins to get them back to the team to rez everyone, but if your in a team full of people you dont know, how can you be sure the ppu is coming back or not if your screen blacks out, or even worse... your forced to GR. maybe make a spell that you can cast on a dead body that blacks their screen out or brings their sight down to only a meter or 2, just so they can see if they are being rezzed or not.

If you're hunting in an anarchy zone, there are alternative methods to "removing" you:angel: .....However, in a warzone, there is no way to remove a "dead spy". So giving spies/PE/tanks a way to remove the bodie is something I'm all for.