PDA

View Full Version : safe quickslot #1

greploco
14-10-03, 18:20
I know that this was in another post, but that thread was much broader. one thing (among other) that was touched on was the safe quickslot - I think it deserves it's own thread.

the posit was that the safe slot makes the game less fun. when the safe slot first came out it also seemed to come out with (about the same time) some very strong SL rules that did drasticly alter the flow of the game. establishment of hunting grounds, massive SL loss for killing raw noobs and NPCs, I'm sure there are other things. this is true.

the thing is, even with all these things in place there are still a bunch of dedicated gimped-for-speed twink (now power armored and stealthed) pistol weilding PEs that routinely rip through my chars every now and then. I still drop plenty of expensive items, most expensive are the various power armors that are now available in the game. And even if I don't drop a thing these guys still rip though me. it's not about the drops, it's about the kill

is it like it was? no - and that's a good thing. if you will remember, once hard to get uber wepons came out the number of op fights fell through the floor. you would have people thinking "hell no, I just got my CS I'm not going to lose the damn thing". the addition of the warzone was very welcome and changed that.

if all these things were changed you would have rogue groups traveling around collecting uber wepons and armor. instead of farming mobs they would be farming the players. trade skilling except among alternates would die because no char which is played to any degree can afford to put points in anything other than combat. it would no longer be safe to explore and hunt unless you had a group of your "peeps" to back you up.

on the whole, I think people would be less happy - except of course for the few who really want to do this most of the time.

about the only reccomend I would have would be to relax the SL system a little bit. perhaps the SL losses in anarchy zones could be reduced. dropping from 40-50 to negative 10 in one swoop is a bit of a shock.

QuantumDelta
14-10-03, 18:26
The reason it drops so harshly, is that currently no soul light that is positive and over 10 effects the soul light after the first kill.

that's all there is to it really....

\\Fényx//
14-10-03, 18:35
Personally it should be like this.....

Hunting grounds... hell keep them as they are, big ass SL loss there, belts aswell so nobody can steal your shit as easy by just running and shving their CS up yer ass while your shooting mobs...

Warzones... keep them as they are, no drops, no SL loss, free for alls :D

Anarchy zones... now heres the one, belts are sucky imo o_O Anarchy zone's should be a dangerous place, still with the SL hits, but no belts, you just pop a random item when you drop dead, this would also stop people hanging around when you die... HOWEVER !!! make it like dogtags, afaik dogtags only drop if its a player kill and not a mob kill, so if a player is killed by a mob in a anarchy zone, they dont drop a weapon/belt at all, fair deal ?

Would bring back a few ppl to the game imo, a actual reward for killing people, would also bring a bit of fear into people while their out hunting, lookin over your shoulder etc..

Whitestuff
14-10-03, 20:42
Like I posted in a previous post:

I like the safe slot. KEEP THE SAFE SLOT! But as said, there is ONLY 1 safe slot. So you don't drop your CS, but you drop your lvl 2 PA or maybe your stealth device or maybe you drop a rare part you were farming.... point is just because I put my valueable thing in the safe slot, does not mean that I don't have anything else that is not valueable. And sure, let it drop on the ground. I don't care. I usually get ganked by a hacking PE anyway.

Oh and BTW, on average, I drop my pants. You want my pants? You got em.

EDIT: I also agree with Fenyx's last post.

Kenjuten
14-10-03, 22:52
Erm..QD, for some reason I failed to understand your post...would you mind if you elaborated? x_o (Yes, I seem to be having a bad day today with my mind, very sorry.)

Ether230
15-10-03, 00:00
Imho this would destroy PvP in areas other than warzones ( I mean PvP where people actually choose to fight each other rather than random gankage :) ) Ill be damned if i,m gonna try and clean out raiders in TH and keep coming back for more if every time I pop my clogs I am guaranteed to drop something which someone can just pick up as they run along shooting someone else. Quickbelts give another reason for hackers to actually have there skill rather than just ops. I see a hell of a lot of spies in PvP who are there almost exclusively to hack belts.

Birkoff
15-10-03, 00:22
Don't care about Safe slot... Everything on me is 50k-2mill and the thing i have in slot 1 is worthless... but used the most as a ppu :)

QuantumDelta
15-10-03, 00:33
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Erm..QD, for some reason I failed to understand your post...would you mind if you elaborated? x_o (Yes, I seem to be having a bad day today with my mind, very sorry.)

It doesn't matter if you have 10, or 100 Soul Light, the game will always treat it like you have 10 if you have more than 10.

G.0.D.
15-10-03, 01:36
but if u have super high sl (80ish) then ur belt becomes really hard 2 hack

Rade
15-10-03, 02:19
I used to play and later administrate a mud where there was full
loot, you could take _everything_ your target had, and it was not
restricted to areas. Also each person usually carried about 10
items that were as hard to get as rares are here. Yet the PvP
was alot more alive and fun that it was on neocron. And most
people werent "pkers", there was a mix of all sorts of players,
and all enjoyed it. When someone in a clan needed equipment
people banded up and got it. Since there was a big circulation of
equipment people spent time hunting because they wanted to
get more for a rainy day, and noobs in big succesful clans could
sometimes be given items they never ever could have gotten on
their own. It promoted camraderie, PvP and hunting, and it gave
the game alot more "content" in the endgame. Also since there
were no safe areas there were no place were pkers could hide,
so the ganking was alot less common than on neocron, because
you would have to pay eventually. And since it was so common
that you found a suitable target to kill you didnt have to kill
people everytime you saw them, only when you actually had a
reason to, which was often enough. Hence there were basicly no
random killings, just clanwars or feuds, and certain camps such
as the bandits against the lawful etc.

But yeah, you guys are right, looting and lack of restriction kills
PvP. :rolleyes:

Birkoff
15-10-03, 02:33
played UO for over 3 years and u lost everything there if u died straight away yet there was still loads of pvp (unless u were a tramy), the pvp system worked great. Mainly because a good player could beat some1 with a exceptionaly made common weapon even if the bad player had the rarest of rare weapon.

be nice to see that in NC then slot 1 wouldn't be needed.

joran420
15-10-03, 02:37
I say keep the belt gives hackers something more than OP's and WB's.....I also think safe slot should stay safe or they should up the drop rate of rares ALOT....I really like QD's idea(i think it was qd) that belts only drop when another player kills you...I think that your SL should drop X points so if u have 150 SL and kill someone you shouldnt you lose 25- 50 SL( of coarse this creates a problem for ppl who only have 10 SL...but basically if they wanna kill they better get it up) instead of automatically dropping to -10 or 12 or whatever it is