PDA

View Full Version : Monk PA nightmare

PsynetNeo
13-10-03, 17:56
I have a part time char, a ppu monk 57/51. Anyway, i seem to be having problems getting my hands on the lv 2 pa.. or any pa for that matter. I did all the gubbings that is needed - First off, pepper park to speak to the guy, got the package... so far so good... :rolleyes: then i found a nOOb running around pp, so i asked him if he would be as so kind to allow me to have his LE chip, which he did. After getting the LE, i then went to see the sewer king.. and got my 20 chittin... really easy i thought to myself... now onwards to MB for that lv 2 tank pa. Got to MB, bought the pa, which btw cost me almost my entire f***ing money stash. Then i became a tree... so i asked a passing tank to help me to the gogo ;) Then i repped to oz station and ran to the village, where this NPC is located. All is well so far.. when i got there, i saw the npc was stood just a few steps away from the gogo... which meant i had to throw the PA over to the NPC in order to even move over to him, when i got to speak to the NPC, he said.... well he said NOTHING.. it didn't even work! WTF, i stood there for like 30 mins trying to get the NPC to even say something... wtf have i done wrong?? or is it just a buggy NPC?

o_O

Anyway, after a few more mins of swearing to myself, i ran back to the gogo ( throwing the pa again) .. and no i can't skill transport up yet) :) I noticed i had a heal in my gogo... and i remeber someone once saying something about needing a heal as well... so i took it out of the gogo... threw my PA over to the NPC.... OHHH WHATS THAT! THE PA HAS GONE.. oh well :mad:
I was slighty peed off. My point is.. yeah there is one... why do monks have to go on a "quest" for PA when all other classes just BUY theirs!? And if anyone could shed some light on this problem.. i would be thankfull

ezza
13-10-03, 17:59
seems to be a fair few probs with the monk PA run atm, i know of 2 other people who have/are having problems getting there PA, they should just make it vender bough now, been out a while now.

Tratos
13-10-03, 18:06
i got mine first time yesterday on pluto i was amazed then a couple mates went to get theres and guess what.....is was fubar'd so i think he just works when he wants....

..and i feel your pain i waited 2 yes that 2 WEEKS to get mine b4 he worked it was a nightmare but it worked in the end, only thing i can say if it dont get fix...keep trying, lol :D

~T

Balthasar
13-10-03, 18:14
Did the NPC say nothing (blank chat menu) or have you been unable to even start the chat (right click > no effect) ?

I had the problem that I couldnt even initiate a chat with the guy. In this case you can use the ingame help system and ask for a respawn of the NPC like I did. The next day I logged on there was a new vendor and I could get my PA ... not sure though if respawning will fix the blank text bug.

PsynetNeo
13-10-03, 18:56
yep.. there was no text.

ok, i'll try later on when i can be arsed ;)

Progenitor
13-10-03, 19:37
I'm probably lucky, but except for when the NPC(s) have been missing I, I haven't had any problems that wern't caused by myself.

I know you have to have only 1 of the packages from the guy that starts the quest. Unfortunetly, when I went out to DoY to get the DoY parts, I grabed a lot and they are indistiguishable from the starting package. So sometimes I have to cycle through items in inventory/gogo to get the right combination.

You should be able to stand half-way between the gogo and the NPC out at tweekan villiage and target both, no need to throw stuff on the ground.

-p

Darkborg
13-10-03, 19:40
Relog a few times if you initiate chat with him and he says nothing.
Works for me.