View Full Version : FA on Saturn doomed?

superfresh
13-10-03, 07:27
Is FA on Saturn screwed? I heard some TG's are allied with TT's now, and some mix their alts between the two and both kill FA indiscriminately. FA was the plaything of TT all weekend. It also looks like the entire faction is comprised of spies and PE's, and has absolutely no organization or defense. A lot of FA's are going TG now. Like they need more players. jeesh.

Anyway, would be nice if some of the old powerhouse FA clans were still around. Saiyan, NAT, etc. Seems like NC is all about joining the biggest faction now. 13 factions total, and everyone is in 4 more or less. Not impressive.

Anyway, not an anti TG thread, or even anti TT. Just wondering if there are any enthusiastic Saturn FA's out there. I'll be FA even if there are dozens of my backpacks around TH 2 :)

C'mon FA

Lanigav
13-10-03, 08:13
Yeah, FA is really in the dumps right now. We no longer own a single OP (TG took over the ones we had to the northwest), and TH ops are completely surrounded by TT. BD's have also been giving us problems. TT and BD also seem to like camping the GRs within TH and PKing people elsewhere (such as right outside apartment elevators), since there's pretty much zero effective security anywhere. TH is basically an anti-FA playground now.

Saiyan is still around, but we're nowhere what we used to be. Some left for TG, some made their own clans, and others just quit the game.

The big problem with FA on the whole is there's just too many small-medium sized clans and not enough players. We need to merge and make at least two large clans with a sizable amount of active players for each time of day. We also need to have much better organization, and a lot more offensive power. I haven't seen a near capped FA tank in a long time (aside from my own). TH security also needs to be beefed up big time, though something is supposedly in the works. The faster that gets implimented, the better.

I for one plan on staying FA (at least with my two main characters) as long as I play the game through thick and thin.

superfresh
13-10-03, 08:45
Interesting. I'm trying to talk some folks into a merge...

And I agree. Too many small to mid sized clans that don't do much together except die :(

trigger hurt
13-10-03, 08:51
I can attest to the sadness that is being FA. My first char on Saturn was FA *RIP*. Deleted him and recreated a TG char. I was tired of trying to play in a faction that doesn't defend it's members. I attempted tradeskilling in Sector 3, noone ever came there. There are more city admin, tagent and other factions in Tech Haven than there are Fallen Angels.

Perhaps if there was a little more showing of manpower in Tech Haven, us former Angels wouldn't need to leave in order to find people who will help us defend our territory.

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 09:03
Words are true and there's nothing else to do than agree
Personally I feel that a 100% PvM Spy can't do jack schitt against
2xCS + 3xmonks + 2xspies with [whatever] rares..
So I felt the urge to NOT be in TH this weekend
And to those belt hackers, enjoy my vehicle 1 imp u looted..
o_O
Sometimes u gotta love being full of junk
Anyways, I still say, get TH some guards that actually are capable
of doing something
Specially against LEd morons running around
had a 7*/6* LEd TT named [No not gonna say it] half the weekend
When I came back last night he was STILL there
But not with the LE in...
And that just soooo sucks
Put turrets in there damnit!

Warlogis
13-10-03, 09:05
Yeah, for last weeks seems that FA almost powerless. BD, TT, PP and even Crahn (who was our ally conquering OPs with TG) camping TH.
Factions relations system of NC so dumb :mad: FA allied to NEXT, but NEXT allied to TT; FA allied to TG but TG to Crahn and same s...t.
About organization - we should create something like FA alliance ;) Personally I dont want to merge my clan with another one - because its language-based (not nation :cool: ). We're from different countries, but speaking russian. We will join any OP war or RP actions with other FA clan, but we dont have enough "fire-force" to do in by our own (need at least 3rd hacker, 2 PPUs and few Tanks or APUs).

ezza
13-10-03, 09:19
what happened to EOE and Fuzzy Animals, they both used to be active FA clans

Death
13-10-03, 09:24
Fuzzy are still active, although were not on as much as we like (damn work and school). We haven't seen much of EOE lately though.

Rizzy
13-10-03, 09:32
New dawn will _never_ aly with tt

Stigmata
13-10-03, 09:49
I heard some TG's are allied with TT's now

i cant comment on the TG clans but we would never allie ourselves TT.

Fuzzy's are mainly a american clan i think as they always seem to be on very late, like 4 am BST.

EOE seem to have lost alot of actives, they have a larger number of clan members then ever before but alot seem to be inactive.

Saiyan ? do they still exist ? another clan that doesn't seem to like fighting anyway.

NAT left long since, probably the first of the FA clans to leave.

Smookin fools are still around as far as i know, they are active but tend to be more focused on mc5 atm.

Andy

edit/ hmm i remember changing my sig when i was drunk saturday, and i said i wasn't gonna read on here when i was drunk o_O

st0ckman
13-10-03, 11:19
I don't think FA are doomed i just think we have it difficult, mainly coz of the TH defences and regular exploiting of this by enemy factions TT/BD and Crahn more lately. Ok it does get a bit confusing when u see a TG in there and you are not sure if he is going to start shooting, but then this is where the Saturn faction politics has all gone a bit pear shaped.

Yes defences are needed and maybe the players have to club together a bit more but i really do not want to stand in TH watching 2 GR's, the appartments and 2 exits all day, i wanna enjoy the game.

Some BD players who will remain nameless, you know who you are, are saying that TH now belongs to BD. As i have made very clear, yeh sod it, u are welcome to it coz it's of no use to us in its current state. All that will happen is that if BD find a use for it maybe getting some tradeskillers in then they will just get pissed of defending them against the FA rebels :) . Tables turned.

As for organization in FA and getting runners to defend it, well it might be good if the guys that get on Faction chat saying that they have just seen an enemy runner PKing in TH would actually try and do something themselves, yeh ok there are the lower lvl runners but they are not always low lvl runners. If you get killed then get yourself sorted and get back out there. Doesn't take much to GR to plaza and get poked. It just makes everybody get complacent and just not bother, if i can run in there with a spy and try to do something then the tanks/monks and PE's can do much more. I am now at a point where i am not willing to lose belt contents no matter how small coz FA cannot get enough ppl to defend, its the same ppl down there losing everytime trying to defend TH and the same ppl who go quiet on the faction channel, then later on say something like, "Is TH safe now?". Thats my rant. ;)

Clans getting together to make a big clan will not work, it has been proven to fail and it will not work with us. Too many clan leaders will not be clan leaders any longer. Faction chat and clans talking to each other regularly and coming up with plans should be enough. Which i think is currently being worked on.

st0ckman

Crest
13-10-03, 12:03
This weeks flavour is TG CM and TT, Next eek its FA, PP and Next, Week after its .....

Its the way the game goes. 3 month cycles before a new power start to become iminent.

Templars have been around for over a year, and I have seen them rise and even be on the verge of a fall (Speculation and personal opinion).

then New Dawn, once the server powerhouse, now they are in contest with other TG clans...

CM same story
As for cross faction chars...it happens, live with it.
What does it help , having a spy in clans. If clan is strong then cool, if week then helps even less

Syntax-Error
13-10-03, 12:22
na im sorry FA always been in the shit house. we lost our biggest clan. were still recovering.

FA on Pluto isnt THAT bad right now due to the kind efforts of TG.. without them we wud be fucked again.

i feel with you brother and sister FA.

Rizzy
13-10-03, 13:20
Tg are reluctant to help FA because they formed a NAP with citymercs. however, I would never attacked a fallen angels unless something serious happened and I would hope the rest of my clan would act the same also.

Stigmata
13-10-03, 13:28
Tg are reluctant to help FA because they formed a NAP with citymercs. however, I would never attacked a fallen angels unless something serious happened and I would hope the rest of my clan would act the same also.

depends who and what they did ?

Andy

st0ckman
13-10-03, 14:14
There seems to be a lot of emphasis put on NAP. I must admit that i wasn't part of putting it together but i just hought it was to adhere to the fact that CM are supposed to be neutral, nothing more nothing less.

Xian
13-10-03, 14:26
What's so bad about the NAP?

I don't see it as any agreement - I see it as a confirmation of our neutrality to the Fallen Angels. It was getting annoying putting the entire faction on KoS because most really did want to remain neutral.

Stigmata
13-10-03, 14:35
back in the day when you where CA Xian all of FA fought and won in most cases against CM, now the powerful/active/fighting clans left the weaker clans have been forced by weak leadership to sign an agreement with the faction that their only/main allie is enemy to.

if you cant see why their is no longer backup towards them then you need to read through the history of the game.

Andy

Xian
13-10-03, 14:39
Originally posted by stigmata
back in the day when you where CA Xian all of FA fought and won in most cases against CM, now the powerful/active/fighting clans left the weaker clans have been forced by weak leadership to sign an agreement with the faction that their only/main allie is enemy to.

Back in the day. :p

When I turned CM there was a lot of fighting between us and FA - I remember the whole Saiyan thing, endless trips to the Citycom to get more soullight when we were on -30.

Thing is, CM accept jobs from everyone, it's the whole idea of them being neutral to everyone (which is why I don't think we should have allied factions, just neutrals), us killing FA seemed out of place. =/

ezza
13-10-03, 14:41
maybe FA should back there allies up more instead of making NAP with CMA, if i was FA id rather have TG as a strong allie than have CMA not attacking but TG not careing about there allie.

though tbh dunno how much TG would help FA with there Pkers anyway, as i remember TG are ment to be the people who provide the muscle for them.

just sent Stig to deal with the pkers, youll be sorted then;)

you dont need guards, you need a reason to actually be in your base to defend it, TG and CM always have a decent number of runner in or near there base

Stigmata
13-10-03, 14:45
maybe FA should back there allies up more instead of making NAP with CMA, if i was FA id rather have TG as a strong allie than have CMA not attacking but TG not careing about there allie.

though tbh dunno how much TG would help FA with there Pkers anyway, as i remember TG are ment to be the people who provide the muscle for them.

just sent Stif to deal with the pkers, youll be sorted then

you dont need guards, you need a reason to actually be in your base to defend it, TG and CM always have a decent number of runner in or near there base

who the hell is Stif ? :p

that is what i was trying to get at "if i was FA id rather have TG as a strong allie than have CMA not attacking but TG not careing about there allie."

then again they could always try and call on FA to come defend their home they do have them defending their op's. well did you can see how successful that ws by the number of op's FA hold now

Andy

edit/ btw Ezza do you still have ceres blademaster ?

ezza
13-10-03, 14:47
dunno what your talking about i clearly wrote stig :D

and nope deleted him a few months back, Diabolus Decors my tank now

Stigmata
13-10-03, 15:17
Diabolus Decors my tank now

ah yes i know who he is now,

i went to MB on a pk run with my tank, when i got their i realised i had fully energy armor on, and very little fire resist (due to my setup) i killed a few mid level/noobies then a PE and your self ran out i killed the PE and looked at the health bar to see i had 120 hp left, i was like argh i got 2 rares and all my armor so i ran like a little girl.

im guessing you had a fire CS because it was hurting me alot.

Andy

Lanigav
13-10-03, 15:21

Well, I had nothing to do with the NAP with City Mercs, but I think its a good idea, at least for now. FA is barely able to defend what we have against TT and BD, and the last thing we need is the CMs, who own the entire northwestern region of the map and then some, down our throats as well. When/if FA gets in a position of power again, we can reevaluate what to do and take it from there. I personally believe we should keep the NAP anyways because we are a neutral faction to them. Granted they're TG's enemy, but I figure since Crahn is TG's ally and our enemy and we're okay with them being allied, its a fair deal.

Saiyan ? do they still exist ? another clan that doesn't seem to like fighting anyway

Yeah, we're still here, but we have a much smaller amount of active members now. Our clan leader Sh0dan wants to turn the clan into a pure tradeskilling clan (with a few tanks and whatnot for offensive muscle in emergencies), since its impossible for us to be the FA superpower we were before in our current state, so we're working towards that. Some of us still keep in close contact with members and clans that splintered off from us such as Smokin' Fools as well.

Whiety Bulger
13-10-03, 16:04
Saiyan are night time ninja hackers

X452
13-10-03, 16:06
well, FA seem to hav been picking on my CA clan alot latley, every time i see one of them i get attacked for no reason and this has happened to many of my clan mates, as a countermeasure we hav just started to take out every FA member we see without askin questions to save all the hassel.

btw CA are getin bin on saturn ;) giv us time and we will own j00 all :P

:lol::angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :lol:

ezza
13-10-03, 16:16
CA need to get organised skilled high level players before they start owning.

dont FA have any other allies they could rely on to help or is it only TG they can/could call on

@Stig :p : actually its was a no slotter CS, id only just gone back to HC around that time and i had given my 3 slotter to a mate:rolleyes:

Stigmata
13-10-03, 16:18
Well, I had nothing to do with the NAP with City Mercs, but I think its a good idea, at least for now. FA is barely able to defend what we have against TT and BD, and the last thing we need is the CMs

you must have a pretty short memory, before the NAP who defended TH the most ? TG namely ND,
now pou have a NAP agreement who defends it ? NO ONE

its not dificult to see why we wont defend your home for you anymore.

On a side note TG seem to be sticking together, now more than ever.

Andy

EDIT/

@Stig : actually its was a no slotter CS, id only just gone back to HC around that time and i had given my 3 slotter to a mate why the fuck it hurt me so much is an answer i dont have.

ezza
13-10-03, 16:20
i blame it all on NAT going TG:p :D

Stigmata
13-10-03, 16:25
i blame it all on NAT going TG

i do believe we where the only FA clan which where actively interested in pvp. We left all the other followed.

Andy

Matthew.v.smith
13-10-03, 17:15
Im a Fuzzy Member along with Death.

I gotta admit that the situation may be kinda bad (ASEN and most TGs except ND attack and steal our OPS!!! lol talk about team spirit)but if u ask me i wouldent be in any other faction :D

Because we are a pretty small Faction its easy to get to know all of the members and make friends...infact it feels like a big family.

Im not against TH being attacked (Hey at least its a bit of "Action" :wtf: ) I am against Hacking and Resskilling OUR Factions members on our own doorstep :eek:

Or (take notice After Dark) A lame tactic Camping our clans doorstep and then crouding outside it and finally managing to get in and ress kill about 4 of us 8| thats not on.

But apart from this its fun to keep some ops (even if its like 2) and its nice to know your neighbours.

and its nice to have a good clan leader.

Matty:angel:

Stigmata
13-10-03, 17:22
i wasn't aware my fellow TG where taking your op's but i understand why, and even within ND we have had many arguments on whether or not to take FA (fuzzy inparticular) OP's.

alot of our members dont like FA and alot of us dont agree with the way they are behaving towards CM.

And no one has answered my point

before the NAP who defended TH the most ? TG namely ND
now you have a NAP agreement who defends it ? NO ONE

would you disagree with this ?

Andy

ezza
13-10-03, 17:23
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
Im a Fuzzy Member along with Death.

I gotta admit that the situation may be kinda bad (ASEN and most TGs except ND attack and steal our OPS!!! lol talk about team spirit)but if u ask me i wouldent be in any other faction :D

Because we are a pretty small Faction its easy to get to know all of the members and make friends...infact it feels like a big family.

Im not against TH being attacked (Hey at least its a bit of "Action" :wtf: ) I am against Hacking and Resskilling OUR Factions members on our own doorstep :eek:

Or (take notice After Dark) A lame tactic Camping our clans doorstep and then crouding outside it and finally managing to get in and ress kill about 4 of us 8| thats not on.

But apart from this its fun to keep some ops (even if its like 2) and its nice to know your neighbours.

and its nice to have a good clan leader.

Matty:angel:

they dont have to be res killed, they can GR out:rolleyes:

when i was a merc it used to annoy me that they(CMA) were more concerned about ops than defending there own base, but then thats just me, when im a faction, i fight for that faction, when you have a base you fight to keep that base clear of enemy scum.

it sounds like you have the problem but you are not getting anyone to come and defend you base, and its not like you dont have the numbers cos i see a fair few FA runner who are capped.

dont give FA more guards give the actual runners a reason to be at the base.

TG: nice hunting area outside the base, grims doomy leapers etc all easy stuff to fight.

MB: warbots with the nice leveling area at the bunker

then TH: well there hoverbots, but most of them can own a single runner easy.

shouldnt TH have the warbys as they make the techy stuff(at work so cant remember story about warby so there)

Edit: on the TG taking FA ops, i noticed they took a Crahn op as well, though cant remember the clan who took the op was

hudsonbeck
13-10-03, 17:26
Well,
A lot may not know me anymore but I have been here and a FA member since the US release. I recently had a lot going on in RL so had to take some time off (almost 2 months) but i am back in full force now. I need to reconnect to some of my old buds and get this FA bullshit back together. I am not sure when this NAP bullshit took place but you can definitely keep me out of it. TG is and has always been a good friend to me and I'll be damned if I am going to lay off anyone who opposes them, even if they may be neutral to me. Not trying to be harsh here but some of you guys need to get some balls... I wondered why i can no longer gr to any ND OP's... now I know. I don’t blame them for getting pissed. They should. ND or any other TG clan can rest assured that I for one will be beside them on the battlefield no matter who their foe is, I hope a few more FA can follow along and gain back the pride and honor that we use to hold so dear. FA is a proud faction and its time remember that! So I for one will be spending my time in my homeland until these TT and BD get the picture that TH is not theirs for the taking. If you come... be ready, because someone will die even if I am one of only a few left who remembers what FA use to be.

After that rant....
I personally don’t see the benefit in consolidating into a large FA clan. That is not the issue. The issue is that (from what I have picked up on) there are few FA that care. Its as simple as that. I know that I took any attack on TH as a personal insult. Communication is fine without having to use “clan chat.” I guess I better get all my Alts back to FA (few were out doing epics)

I hope that I haven’t insulted any FA but it seems as though some need a kick in the ass to get going. I hope we can fight together and I can promise you that I for one will be by your side defending FA’s honor until I take my last breath.

@TG/ND
I would like to pass on my apologies for this NAP bullshit. It does not float with me. You who know me and my alts… give me a ring, its been too long.

Hudson

Whiety Bulger
13-10-03, 18:23
CM are TG's arch enemy on saturn(but lately with Smokeyj and friends raiding it seems that BD are worse) thats is why TG won't help Fa anymore

Rith
13-10-03, 18:40
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
@TG/ND
I would like to pass on my apologies for this NAP bullshit. It does not float with me. You who know me and my alts… give me a ring, its been too long.

Why apologise for something thats got nothing to do with you?

If your apologising on behalf of the FA clan leaders, don't you think you should let them speak for themselves?

The NAP is working nicely, FA have free access to the MB to level and we've got over the initial teething problems from disgruntled members on either side.

That TG have decided to desert their allies in FA is a shame, but not one you can blame on a NAP. All the NAP means is that for designated OPs around each of our respective homes, we will cease open warfare. We extended the common courtesy of allowing each others runners into our home bases. This is hardly a grand alliance.

If FA leaders truly wish to own OPs around TH, they are welcome to purchase CMA support - as I believe they did with Titans? FA alone might be having difficulty pushing back TT, but the CMA is willing - for the right price - to help paint the map any colour our clients want :D.

If TT feel this is in someway threatening, its not meant to be - but business is business... you are welcome to retain our services - for a price - to prevent FA from recruiting us :D

The best thing about this NAP is that it gives us some freedom to properly RP being mercs... hopefully with TG seemingly quiet and only a minor annoyance from BD to worry about, we can become real mercs again.

Rith

PS
As for prices - they are all negotiable/confidential and are discussed between the CMA and representatives of the client clans. Disclosure of the prices beyond the terms laid out in our Professional Services Contract is grounds for immedidate cancellation - no refunds.

hudsonbeck
13-10-03, 18:56
Originally posted by Rith
Why apologise for something thats got nothing to do with you?

If your apologising on behalf of the FA clan leaders, don't you think you should let them speak for themselves?

I am FA and if FA has an agreement with someone, it has everything to do with me.

I am only speaking for myself. Thats all i stated above.

I hardly know what the hell is going on anymore. A lot has changed in the last few weeks. All I know is that when I came back and saw what has been going on, when there are 20 backpacks lying around in TH, when I cant gr anywhere anymore... Something is wrong.

All i know is that the last tag i took b4 my absence is that of an O_o member... now i learn that he is my friend? I don't think so;)

Its all in good fun and i am just glad to be back.

Hudson

Death
13-10-03, 19:09
The CMA/FA NAP has nothing to do with this at all actually. Things were going downhill long before it was signed. And in reality, all it has accomplished was allowing FA access to the north and MB areas and defining OPs that we can take and support our allies at (although the CMA giving a Titan OP to FA was kinda dumb, why the fuzzies signed a NAP with the Titans saying we won't help FA take Malstrom anymore). As far as the AD rez killing our members, we found out we had an AD spy in our clan and have taken steps to track down and eleminate him so thats problem is solved. Finally, this business of FA fighting TG, the only clans at war with TG (that I know of personally) are the Fuzzies and Asen and thats over the NE op and its mostly because they took them from BD one night when everyone was asleep, and we took them back the next day, then got in this argument with them saying they've controlled those OPs for over 3 months (which we all know FA and BD has been controlling them in that time) so it lead to war.

I will agree with Stigmata on one point, we did have a lot less raids on TH when TG was helping us, but its also because FA has lost so many members to other factions, it doesn't have anything to do with the NAP (although when CMA invaded, gave them a good excuse to come to TH and PK them). While FA seems to be decreasing, we'll bounce back sometime, and probably soon (we keep getting members from TG who are sick of pking and want to lvl and tradeskill everyday). Seems like every month some faction starts dominating the map and wars, so we just got to wait for the new flavor of the month (lol, although seeing Diamond controlling an OP last month was the funniest thing i've seen since beta).

hudsonbeck
13-10-03, 19:22
There is more than one thing being discussed here.

Here is quote from earlier

Tg are reluctant to help FA because they formed a NAP with citymercs...

As i remember defending TH in the months past, there were as many TG as FA there pushing the enemy back. As i see it, when TG does not assist FA anymore because of the NAP and we are getting our asses handed to us all day long something is wrong. What do we have in return? some shitty lvling at the bunker? what else? OP's? I dont think so.... we had more b4. Sorry but the only benefit i see is the bunker and I use to lvl there b4 anyway, and there are many more places to lvl that are much better anyway.

I am just trying to understand why?

Hudson

/edit... i am the worlds worst speller (thanks spell check) and too tired to correct them all

greploco
13-10-03, 19:48
I've always thought that the architecture of tech havan screwed the place.

the linear nature of it means too much walking around, and the decorations are so bland it makes my brain hurt. everything looks the same.

the shops and stuff just aren't centrally located, they are off to the side

everything is all closed in and claustrophobic, true MB is also closed in but it's much smaller and functional. most everything is handy and it's easier to level there.

and for starting out as FA it's even tougher, you pretty much have to have hack skill to get to places to level and there are many "flat spots" where the baddies are either too tough or too weak.

and doing missions there is tough too, too many times the missions fail before find what you need to kill. that's true for TG too, but everything is in one sector there so you can make up for it by doing quick delivery missions

so tech haven just isn't much of a haven

advice? please read KK

open it up, make a huge open air or domed multi level central portion that contains all the shops, goguards, citycoms, FA personelle, apartments, clan apartments, and a string of good sewers, you could have hovers flying overhead guarding the city or something like that

put some strong aggro guards in the place

make a space where lots of traffic will be more traffic == more people == more fun

chop off the north and south arms, or just make the hallways shorter as the entries are quite interesting.

StryfeX
13-10-03, 21:21
I plan to return to FA eventually. My PE left Saiyan a while ago to go run epics and he's still in the process, although finally getting close to done. My main char, Stryfe, got kicked out of FA for having massive negative symp after leaving the clan to attend to a little personal "buisiness" (e.g. - killing some bastards that I had personal grudges with :D :p). All those BioTech HQ raids while I was Tangent kinda caught up to me. :p

I'm not really sure if I like the CM/FA NAP because I still remember the huge wars we had and all the nasty shit that went along with it. A lot of my friends went to TG, but I'm not entirely comfortable with them (TG) even though they are our (F6) allies. Memories of early retail... *shudder*

Overall, I don't think FA is doomed, but they certainly aren't a strong faction at the moment.

I also wouldn't mind a redesign of TH as the current structure just sucks. Not to mention that the bots blow chunks.

--Stryfe

Xin
13-10-03, 22:35
re: New Dawn: As a current fuzzy and an ex-TT, I'm still just happy with 'em not ganking me every time I step outside :D They are an allied faction, so if they asked for help, I'd go, but since they are ND I wouldn't expect the same in return :D

re: rezkilling and gr'ing out: we were AFK, as is often the case when we're in the clan apt. AD got in and rezkilled. Hard to GR out when you're watching a movie, sleeping, etc, some rooms away. Not saying we didn't deserve it; as long as they got in fair and square, then, well.. we deserved it, but.. it still sucks. I'm sure their small minds got a lot of enjoyment out of killing people, over and over, with no resistance. I'm equally sure we didn't enjoy it at all :(

re: attacks on TH: now that I'm rank 60ish, i don't mind the attacks, personally. Looking at the bigger picture, it sucks that a lot of people don't join my faction just because it means their starting apartment opens into a PK zone.

I still like Fallen Angels. Like Death said, the faction'll bounce back. TT and TG have too many enemies, and the other factions aren't a real contender for a % of player base at the moment.

ichinin
14-10-03, 00:58
> Is FA on Saturn screwed?

FA - Who?

Lanigav
14-10-03, 05:25
FA - Who?

Flatulence Avengers.

Try reading any of the posts in this thread. :p

Its true that New Dawn helped out FA quite a lot in the past, and we appreciated it, but I think its rather unfair to simply cut off all support because of the NAP. As someone stated before, this isn't some of grand alliance, its just a "don't shoot us and we won't shoot you" type deal.

Perhaps if TG were to break their alliance with Crahn, who continues to harrass us, then maybe something will change (though I have no control over that). Its not particularly fair that we can't have a NAP with your enemy, yet you're allowed to be allied with ours.

superfresh
14-10-03, 07:50
I would never argue that the NPC defenses at TH are horrible. March into any city HQ and attack a guard and see what happens.

Anyway, this was more about FA whoopass and where it has gone. I also agree with Hudsonbeck. If this NAP is a factor in the whole mess, then maybe its time to question its worth to the FA as a whole. It has no bearing on me as far as I'm concerned, nor on most other FA clans, other than that we've lost TG support and we can be all fuzzy-warm in the reassurtion that CM won't attack OPs we don't own to begin with. Personally I've made a lot of friends in the TG. I know no one in the CM and am quite unsure of what this pact gains the FA as a whole except a lack of pride. CM are hireable mercenaries. I fought in a lot of OP wars with the TG. I don't ever remember them charging or paying for it. It's also amusing that this pact was made to ensure territorial OP's. Where are all the FA OPs now?

Stigmata
14-10-03, 09:41
Perhaps if TG were to break their alliance with Crahn

ND have no alliance with any crahn clan.

We dont fight with them, and in the past we have not assisted them becuase they where attacking FA, what more can we do ?

we wont assist you now mainly because of the NAP and also one of the clans in FA who we have taken a disliking to.

Andy

p.s hopefully their will be a re-vamp of the faction system then it can looked upon in a more black and white terms, non of this allied to an allies enemy bullshit.

Alan
14-10-03, 16:13
On a side note. The CM-FA NAP is causing certain TT clans to Get VERY paranoid. Even though they are an allied Faction with CM. It might help to remember that CM's 'try' to enforce a No pk policy around MB. This applies Equalley to 'ALL' runner's, I have seen this enforced from both points off view. (Being as i have alt's on both sides) ((nb i play these alts independentley))

ezza
14-10-03, 16:16
Originally posted by Alan
On a side note. The CM-FA NAP is causing certain TT clans to Get VERY paranoid. Even though they are an allied Faction with CM. It might help to remember that CM's 'try' to enforce a No pk policy around MB. This applies Equalley to 'ALL' runner's, I have seen this enforced from both points off view. (Being as i have alt's on both sides) ((nb i play these alts independentley))

there was a fair bit of fighting between titans and templars if im not mistaken, though Titan are now blackdragon again now

superfresh
14-10-03, 16:18
The clans in TH didn't look very paranoid.

ezza
14-10-03, 16:20
Originally posted by superfresh
The clans in TH didn't look very paranoid.

there only there to watch there backs, at least if there in your base they know whats happening:p

Scikar
14-10-03, 16:28
The FA-CM NAP affects ND because ND are expected to help FA fight off attackers in TH, but they can't get any help from FA at OP wars because CM are always there. In general I've always been happy to help out FA, but I've never really had anything back in return. The defining moment was when I stayed up all night defending OPs, asking FA for help and being told they were all busy, then when the fights are over and we start hacking OPs back suddenly FA show up with hacker teams and hack all of the OPs we just lost. If that's how the main FA clans repay their favours then I don't see why they deserve my help? That's why I'll help FA now if I'm asked, and if I see an FA I know and he's in trouble I'll help him out, as far as I'm concerned there are too many FAs who can go screw themselves.

Sigma
14-10-03, 16:33
Originally posted by stigmata
...and also one of the clans in FA who we have taken a disliking to...

may i ask which clan?

answer via PM plz, thx

DigestiveBiscui
14-10-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Scikar
but they can't get any help from FA at OP wars because CM are always there.

thats bullshit, you might wanna go to help them before saying that

Yesterday was the first time i have helped FA in an op fight since the NAP, and it was pathetic. 1 FA was there, rest CM

Scikar
14-10-03, 18:31
Originally posted by DigestiveBiscui
thats bullshit, you might wanna go to help them before saying that

Yesterday was the first time i have helped FA in an op fight since the NAP, and it was pathetic. 1 FA was there, rest CM

Perhaps you didn't take the time to read my post and understand it? 70% of OP fights as TG are against CM. Therefore, to call for help from FA requires that they fight CM which is a breach of the NAP. CM often help TT. This means that 95% of OP wars end up with TG fighting against at least one CM. And as long as there is a CM on the other side, FA can't fight alongside TG. Therefore, FA can't help TG any more. Thus, when FA ask for help defending TH, what do they have to offer in return? We're not mercs, we don't want money, we want people who'll fight alongside us, and FA can't do that as long as they have a NAP with the people we fight. If all they have to give in return for help defending TH is money, they should ask CM.