PDA

View Full Version : drones should b sold at capped quality at hew ;/

Shujin
13-10-03, 04:14
seriously buying drones at 23% is jus fuked up... and if u get them researched and constructed ur gonna go poor as shit from construction / research fee's / tips

its fucked up how drones are sold at stores atm... 23%..... and they( noob drones ) that are even capped quality die in like 3-5 hits of almost anything

so u'd have to go get drones remade like every 5 mins, and there are so many drones almost every 2 or 3 levels u gotta upgrade to a higher tl drone....

*Sigh

Heavyporker
13-10-03, 05:32
No.

Nothing's sold at cap quality (unless you count tools). And they shouldn't be.

There's the point of player interaction or skilling needed to be able to surpass stores in item quality.

And you DON'T have to keep jumping on anotehr drone everytime you get to the point of using it. Just stick with the ones you have until they burn out or break apart.

And the noob drones are supposed to be shit. ANYTHING noob level is shit, don't expect drones to be better. Noob level are just stepping stones.

And if you only make one or two drones at a time, I'm not suprised that you have to run to a few tradeskillers every five minutes. There's something called a gogo, and tradeskillers are certainly capable of making more than a few items a time.

Shujin
13-10-03, 05:54
dude seriously drones are fucked up atm

when u buy a pistol/rifle/cannon/psi spell from a store they are at gimped condition.. but they dont break every 30 secs no matter what quality they are....

u dont have to constantly get a new pistol/rifle/cannon/psi spell...

drones annoy the hell out of me

and yea tradeskillers can make alot of shit at a time, but the thing is, 90% of the time they make u pay alot to do so.

im lucky enought o have a TL 175 res and TL 225 cnstr

but im not speakin for myself, if a noob starts neocron with the amount of start money u get as a droner he is fucked, utterly fucked

Heavyporker
13-10-03, 07:04
a droner with any sense will take up one of the critical tradeskills that is involved in his skill -either research or construction, so at least he wouldn't be so severely screwed in that regard.

Yes, droning takes up a lot of resources. But, geez, figure it - you got crazy abilities with drones - huge ranges, superior recon abilities, auto-tracking weapons along with AOE weapons along with high rof weapons and so on and on. While things MAY be problematic with drones, I don;t think that they're so gimped as to be unusable.

{MD}GeistDamnit
13-10-03, 07:39
Originally posted by Heavyporker
a droner with any sense will take up one of the critical tradeskills that is involved in his skill -either research or construction, so at least he wouldn't be so severely screwed in that regard.

Yes, droning takes up a lot of resources. But, geez, figure it - you got crazy abilities with drones - huge ranges, superior recon abilities, auto-tracking weapons along with AOE weapons along with high rof weapons and so on and on. While things MAY be problematic with drones, I don;t think that they're so gimped as to be unusable.

that still eludes the point. you make it sound like an unfair advantage to drone. but being a droner sucks if your not rich.what if you dont feel like having a tradeskill?

I think drones should be sold at least outstanding. this way if you lose all your drones, you still dont have to wait mad long to get new ones and go back to leveling.

Mantus
13-10-03, 07:52
Yah when I was a droner getting my drones was always a big production. Basically i took advantage of researchers any time I found them. Had about 25 extra BP's in storage just incase there is a lack of researchers. Also made sure that I always had a batch of 10 new drones to replace the 10 drones in my gogo once they wore out, so that i didnt have to wait for a repairer.

Now all this wisdom took a while to attain. After getting stuck without any drones for days at a time while I searched for people to build them for me I went with the method above. Mind you I wasn’t clanned back then.

Starting a newbie droner is very hard, you lose allot of drones while learning the controls and capabilities. I usually just practiced with the poor store bought ones until I got a hang of them, then got them built.

As I got better and smarter things became easier though. You start loosing less drones, you get a big stockpile of them made, you make friends with tradeskiller. My favorite thing to do was making orders for batches of drones. I would go up to my research and tell him I would like 50 BP’s by the end of the week. This makes it easier for the researcher as he can do it in his downtime makes them you friends. Same goes with the constructors.

Droners are not the best newb class. Which is a shame since drones appeal to allot of newbs.

So i guess what i am saing is that nothing needs to be changed.

Heavyporker
13-10-03, 08:27
Well, okay, drone quality from stores should be upped to good or something (to the range of about 40-50%). Not outstanding though, that'd supersede player tradeskilling.

If you choose not to take up a tradeskill central to your weaponry, then you bought it on yourself - that's like saying drivers shouldn't be penalized for not knowing how their vehicle works - if it breaks down, they got the choice of knowing how it works (involved in optimal operation of the vehicle, and also the ability to fix it) or waiting around for someone that knows how to fix it.

That analogy, or maybe this: If you're a programmer, do you have to know how your computer works? Maybe not, but it helps a hell of a lot if you do in making your code optimized to the computer (and others on a general basis).

And yes, I know how hard it is to be a newbie droner. Fortunately I had the good sense to start out with some construction skill and some research skill - that helps a HELL LOT with the first few types of drones (man, weaponparts become a LOT cheaper when you do them yourselves, too). Remember that you can focus on a specific skill later, LOMming out your excess, but from the start, being a JOAT is critical, especially for a droner.

Shujin
13-10-03, 08:41
not all droners choose to pick up trade skills.
thats called a stereotype ;P and they even exist in neocron
ex:
all droners are trade skill
all tanks are hc
all pe's are pistol
all CM are german

El Barto
13-10-03, 09:52
NO the shouldn't be a capped stats, should have better stats say like radmonly between 40% - 60%.

[SP]Ostrich
13-10-03, 10:02
all tsunami are german (uranus)

edit: intended as a joke

Shujin
13-10-03, 10:08
btw i didnt mean cap as in 120, meant cap as in like 94, or the TL cap of its TL...

and i'd settle for somewhere between 70-94%, under 70 is jus ;|

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 11:07
Originally posted by Shujin
not all droners choose to pick up trade skills.
thats called a stereotype ;P and they even exist in neocron
ex:
all droners are trade skill
all tanks are hc
all pe's are pistol
all CM are german

Mostly true mostly true
Except for the last part
I'm not German,
but I belive I'm the only one
(And DAMN I get SHIT for that too!)
Add more to the topic?
Yeah, we need some buffin' in the droning puffin'
I mean come on.
Sure the good sides are a safe body(at times), good range and tracking
But does that make up for
1)No body control making it possible to die without being able to do shit
if a HL drops by or a [add whatever]
2)No loot whatsoever if there's people nearby, or too many mobs
3)The building AND researching time of drones is LONG, horribly long
4)Droners have ALOT of bugs (Find proper topic urself)

Maarten
13-10-03, 13:37
Check the tradeskiller/shop topic in my signature to get rid of those boring, predictable, low quality weapons in all the stores...

Shujin
13-10-03, 20:30
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Mostly true mostly true
Except for the last part
I'm not German,
but I belive I'm the only one
(And DAMN I get SHIT for that too!)
Add more to the topic?
Yeah, we need some buffin' in the droning puffin'
I mean come on.
Sure the good sides are a safe body(at times), good range and tracking
But does that make up for
1)No body control making it possible to die without being able to do shit
if a HL drops by or a [add whatever]
2)No loot whatsoever if there's people nearby, or too many mobs
3)The building AND researching time of drones is LONG, horribly long
4)Droners have ALOT of bugs (Find proper topic urself)
heh i wasnt sayin all CM were german i was saying thats a stereotype people associate with CM

SovKhan
13-10-03, 20:34
NO

unless u sell all PPU lvl 3 long buffs at artifact quality.

Shujin
13-10-03, 20:36
Originally posted by SovKhan
NO

unless u sell all PPU lvl 3 long buffs at artifact quality. wtf.... im not fukin askin for artifact quality. and ppu spells dont fuckin break evey 10 secs and u gotta get new ones made,

that was the fuckin stupidest comment ive ever seen out of you dude...

{MD}GeistDamnit
13-10-03, 20:39
Originally posted by Shujin
wtf.... im not fukin askin for artifact quality. and ppu spells dont fuckin break evey 10 secs and u gotta get new ones made,

that was the fuckin stupidest comment ive ever seen out of you dude...

amen. sometimes people post just to post :/

BlackPrince
13-10-03, 20:43
HEll I think Melees and Drones should be sold at good quality. The wear and tear on them is atrocious, and for drones, they're damned hard to build.

Plus, a pure droner is at a huge advantage over a trade skill droner, much more useful in combat. Even with the Cap on drones as is the store boughts will never be that great.

Whats so bad with giving one class something that you don't even need?

Progenitor
13-10-03, 20:45
I understand the concept of the storebought items being sold at less percentage than constructed items, otherwise who would need constructors?

But, in a perfect world, store bought items would be sold at 80% and constructors would have the abilit of making them at a minimum of 100% and maximum of 120%

-p

Itth
13-10-03, 21:10
psi spells are sold at good quality, and so should drones yeah.

Shujin
13-10-03, 23:02
Originally posted by Itth
psi spells are sold at good quality, and so should drones yeah. good would b a start, but dude, do psi's have to constatly rebuy there spells? unless its a really stupid psi that buys it, uses it for about 5 hits, then throws it on ground, but no one does that that i know of, and it'd be their fault ;P

ghandisfury
13-10-03, 23:58
Originally posted by SovKhan
NO

unless u sell all PPU lvl 3 long buffs at artifact quality.

Yup, and those can't even be blue printed.

hose187
14-10-03, 03:53
Not capped quality. Like Itth said, "good" would be fine. Storebought psi spells are usable. A disposable weapon like drones need to be usable from the store also.

What about the poor newbie droner? An actual newb. First character ever. If they're even lucky enough to choose the template that gives you a drone to start, what will they do when that drone gets smashed? That starter drone can only take 2 spider hits. Then they're stuck in MC5, which sells no drones, but would be shabby if they did, or stuck in NC with 200 nc to their name. Enough to buy ONE new drone. Not enough for cubes, parts, or tips to get more made.

Birkoff
14-10-03, 04:10
I you don't llike it then drones arn't for you, I leveled a spy from 0/2 to PB20s(not imped jsut for dex) and i made a hellova lot of cash and i didn't have atrade skill. The only reason the character was LOMed to rifles is b/c of that dam bug when u can't lauch a drone or when u can but it appeared in front of u 5 minutes later

I did like the idea of drone launchers though.. butthat was way in the past now.

Shujin
14-10-03, 09:14
Originally posted by Birkoff
I you don't llike it then drones arn't for you, I leveled a spy from 0/2 to PB20s(not imped jsut for dex) and i made a hellova lot of cash and i didn't have atrade skill. The only reason the character was LOMed to rifles is b/c of that dam bug when u can't lauch a drone or when u can but it appeared in front of u 5 minutes later

I did like the idea of drone launchers though.. butthat was way in the past now. thank you for input, not no thank you for that lie.

from 0/2 to PB20's jus from dex, not imped. i'd at least check to see if my lie could stand about 5 mins. bcuz it took me about 2 secs to realize thats a lie, then even read it about 5 more times, and yep still a lie.

Cap- 100.
pb20- 102... hmm magical powers?!

Cliffraiser
14-10-03, 17:21
drones should sell like spells round 70-75 quality

craio
14-10-03, 17:40
Just wanted to respond to this

Originally posted by Heavyporker

Huge ranges :
you think 3km range is huge,th bulk of drones doesnt even get to that range.

Superior Recon:
a)We dont have a compas
b)we cant see if the person is LE'ed or not
c)we dont see local list of drones

auto-tracking weapons:
one,the mr type ,thats all

AOE weapons : agree on that one ...

high RoF weapons :
you call the RoF of an MR type or PB types high?Damn, start comparing then,i've yet to see a weapon of the same type and tl that fires slower.

Back on topic:
I agree that drones should be sold at shops at atleast 80%.

AxeMan
14-10-03, 17:54
i disagree with them being storebought at capped quality. i'd agree with "better" or "good" quality like the psi spells.

i know you use them up faster than psi spells but just look at the relative costs. you can buy 10 - 15 drones for the same price as the same tl weapon.

besides most of the drones i have lost were due to them being blown up, caught in water, bugs etc. very few to complete wear-and-tear. so buying them at capped quality will have little effect on that.

newbies should start with more than 1 drone cos at that level you lose them easy (to the above situations) then your f*cked

@ shujin i think birkoff meant he only used imps for dex, thats the way i read it anyway.

Whitestuff
14-10-03, 20:23
higher quality, not capped. I am a droner and it is sick to see a rat jump 2 feet off the floor and bite a drone and it explodes..... my god.

Shujin
14-10-03, 21:13
Originally posted by AxeMan
i disagree with them being storebought at capped quality. i'd agree with "better" or "good" quality like the psi spells.

i know you use them up faster than psi spells but just look at the relative costs. you can buy 10 - 15 drones for the same price as the same tl weapon.

besides most of the drones i have lost were due to them being blown up, caught in water, bugs etc. very few to complete wear-and-tear. so buying them at capped quality will have little effect on that.

newbies should start with more than 1 drone cos at that level you lose them easy (to the above situations) then your f*cked

if a newb started out with more than 1 drone he couldnt carry it. spys + drone weight = cant walk.

@ shujin i think birkoff meant he only used imps for dex, thats the way i read it anyway. oh ;o ;P sry birkoff ;D me = dumbass

Heavyporker
15-10-03, 04:40
craio, have you even looked at the gatling and gatling laser drones? Crazyass rof. And before you say weak, actually use them for a while. You'll be suprised. Laser drones, btw, get one of the best weapons range along with quite decent control range.

You CAN use landmarks to navigate - any decent droner does that.

Easy enough to see if he's LE-ed - clanless, for one. A simple test shot across his butt will check that also.

You forget the blobs of triple-fusion shooter thingie also tracks.

And about range, oh, yes I'd say many drones routinely surpass 3km of range, it's just that one usually doesn't go that far with the drone.

I say make drones be bought at 15-20% higher than currently.