PDA

View Full Version : Synch Help!

the_claw
13-10-03, 00:41
Hi, I just purchased this game and after installing it and setting it up I attempted to log in. I created a character, however whenever I attempt to log that or any other character in it tells me it's synchronizing and after a minute or two sitting there it kicks me back to the log in screen and gives me an error similar to this World server: Sync to world server failed... sometimes it sits at a black screen and does this and other times it allows me to get into the game, and to an underground looking area in which I can see NPCS and backpacks however it will not allow me to move.

I am on a university wireless network. Please help me! Thanks!

Cruzbroker
13-10-03, 00:49
Seems like you don't have so good connection...

sry, can't help now, maybe later, gotta get sleep...

which server you are on? if uranus, then I can help you, if you aren't US..

the_claw
13-10-03, 00:54
I believe I created my chars on Saturn...

Spoon
13-10-03, 00:55
Originally posted by the_claw
I am on a university wireless network.

The entire Uni. is on a wireless network, or just a wireless network within your dorm room?

Have you actually made into the game on any of your characters, to where you could move around and kill shit?

*EDIT*
Check out the Connection Issues page (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=36)

btw, you wouldn't happen to be PenguinNicks' (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78625) brother, would ya?
He has a similar problem, he needs to assign ports in his .ini file...

the_claw
13-10-03, 17:21
My dorm is connected through a wireless connection although the rest of the unversity is connected with a ethernet connection. I happened to get the guinea pig one. :-p I cannot get into the game to the point of moving around or playing, I can just look at the landscape around myself. Also I have tried everything on the connection help although nothing has helped. I also sent in a ticket but got no response. And Penguin Nick and myself have no relations although doing something like that might help, although I have no idea how I would go about doing it. Thanks for the help, any more would be a great help.

Spoon
13-10-03, 17:54
If you any way to check to see if these ports are open, do so:
TCP/IP: 7000, 8020, 8040, 12000 (all remote)

UDP: 6000, 6001 (both local); 5000 - 5016 (all remote)

Those are what Neocron uses.
You may have to get ahold of the IT weenie to find out,
your wireless hub may have some kind of built in firewall.
I don't know much about wireless networks, though...

It could be a bandwidth issue also...

You may want to ping the launcher and server IP's to see if your getting packet loss.

And also, check your Error logs and Callstack logs in your Neocron dirctory, see what they say.

*EDIT*
It may have something to do with your proximity to the hub, too..