PDA

View Full Version : SPY PA not quite what we expected

Netphreak
12-10-03, 23:46
Well im sure most of you have got or seen the new spy pa, how ever it does confuse me abit.

The new pa gives dex, r-c or p-c, xray resist, peirce resist but it also gives eg. PA3 -6 INT and gives no weapon lore.

which is odd considering Neocronicle Friday Issue 3-6/1 (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=125)

Tangent Technologies almost finished their work on the next version of the anti-radiation suit. According to Tangent, the release of the “Tangent Assassinationsuit v S-11 will be within the next two weeks. Dr.Borsas, the lead director of this project also gave us the following statement:

“The Tangent Assassinationsuit v S-11 is a vastly improved version of the Tangent anti-radiation suit prototype. We could completely eliminate the negative effects on the cerebral cortex, and integrated an optical targeting system which will fuse with the wearers consciousness, giving him an increased control availablity over rifles and pistols.

Of course the anti radiation technology is still present in this version of the suit. The first shipment will be within the next two weeks.”

So from the above you would have expected there to be very little if not no INT loss from wearing the PA. As it is wearing PA3 which has the same dex requirement as the prototype did gives -6 INT thats more than the original prototype did (-5 INT).

Also you would think that it would also give some weapon lore too
integrated an optical targeting system which will fuse with the wearers consciousness, giving him an increased control availablity over rifles and pistols.
but it doesn't o_O

And one last point the PA says its made from duranium so how come there is no energy resist? :confused: even if it was engineered for xray resist surely the duranium would still have some natural energy resist. :wtf:

This is not meant to be a flame or complaint about the SPY PA, just confused on the above issues.

P.S Callash keep up the good work.
:D

Mankind
12-10-03, 23:51
It's better than nothing...

Netphreak
13-10-03, 00:00
Sorry maybe i didn't state it clear enough, i'm not trying to say the armor is useless or anything like that. Its for from that i really do like the armor (well except the -INT = back to med belts again for awhile!) but i just thought it doesn't quite fit with the RP side of things.
But then again maybe the INT loss was due to the hackers in TT's computers and the plans that allowed the user to negate INT loss where corrupted. So this could be a version 1 of the Spy PA.

"hoping!":rolleyes:

Mankind
13-10-03, 00:02
hehe INT doesn't matter to me since I'm using the Kami chip. I can only wear light belts anyway lol with it in :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
13-10-03, 00:03
it should give a lil tc and a lil weaponlore. but then what would it -? it's a pain in the ass to balence, so I'm hapy for now.

Frotto
13-10-03, 00:09
This is referring to a new suit that is coming out... not any of the power armors... it seems that spies are getting a new anti rad suit that will have no pierce or force associated with it.. and will give rc and perhaps some weapon lore... its not talking about the pa we just got... its talking about another suit that we havent recieved yet...

thats my take on it.

Latter

Frotto

Netphreak
13-10-03, 00:19
Yeah some t-c would have been possibly even better than having some wep lore.

New suit........... maybe guess we will have to wait and see.

So only about 1 year to go then.. :eek: :p :( 8| o_O o_O

OpTi
13-10-03, 01:19
Originally posted by Frotto
This is referring to a new suit that is coming out... not any of the power armors... it seems that spies are getting a new anti rad suit that will have no pierce or force associated with it.. and will give rc and perhaps some weapon lore... its not talking about the pa we just got... its talking about another suit that we havent recieved yet...

thats my take on it.

Latter

Frotto

The Tangent Assassinationsuit v S-11 is a vastly improved version of the Tangent anti-radiation suit prototype. We could completely eliminate the negative effects on the cerebral cortex

thats funny thats the one my spy is wearing right now o_O

Frotto
13-10-03, 01:25
eh well i see the power armors as their abbreviations... pis (power infiltration suit) etc. etc. anyways, i guess thats all we get.. sorry guys.. but it is a vast improvement over the anti rad suit... and perhaps the lack of imparment to the cerebral cortex it refers to is the lack of a hacking penalty.

I dunno though

also it says we could completely remove the negative blah blah blah... perhaps it was a typo and it was supposed to say we could NOT completely remove the negative blah blah blah... just a thought since it isnt gramatically correct in its original state.

frotto

Neo LoneWolf
13-10-03, 01:28
AFAIAA, that neocronicle article was released prior to the decision to make seperate pistol- and rifle-suits for the spy.

Personally, I'm more than happy with my PA.

Shadow Dancer
13-10-03, 01:29
I'm happy with my spy pa. :p

Frotto
13-10-03, 01:32
me too :)

Thundra
13-10-03, 01:40
i think both the PA's are fine.

id just be happy as u can now get pretty much all the x-ray u need from that one suit adn put ya con points into energy along with an energy belt. add that to battle 3 and u got a pretty nice armour set up now. spys wont be as paper like as they used to be.