PDA

View Full Version : sick of enemy factions in TH

slay3r
12-10-03, 22:47
how many ppl (on saturn) are sick to the back teeth of enemy factions just walking into tech haven uncheck by and security bots (which dont do anything but perhaps tickle a ppu) all we want is just a little bit of help on the defence side of it! instead of "TT r in TH" oops 10 fa pked!
im sorry it just realy annoys me.
tell me what u think then may be someone will listen!!:mad:

NS_CHROME54
12-10-03, 22:48
me

:rolleyes:

VetteroX
12-10-03, 22:57
no no no bo, and NO. Ill come and pk any time i want. dont like it? cant stop me? well then TH belongs to BD, TT or anyone who wants it. If you cant defend it, tough luck.

Necrosadistic
12-10-03, 23:05
The problem with TH is that it is not populated. If there were more players, there would be FA about there all the time.

With the player numbers atm, we get the unrealistic situation where a STRONGHOLD in the wastelands is undefended.

If there were more players, more FA, then VetteroX's comment would be valid. But the situation just ends up being unrealistic.
A strongohld should be well defended - there should be at least double the defences it has now.

Maybe the TH GR should be closed to factions hostile to FA?

The enemy should not just be able to GR into someone's home like that... Same with MB and the Canyons - enemies should not be able to GR there.

cobrajay157
12-10-03, 23:10
[leave these things in game and do not troll]

unTouch
12-10-03, 23:16
I'd love TG to be like TH , TG is deserted all the time :(, well at least on pluto it is.

Xaru
12-10-03, 23:20
[keep names out of this] He knows that FA dont have the same chance to raid his place, thats why he is rubbing his hands and jumping up and down feeling proud of himself. Please forgive my rudeness, but i hate for my tradeskillers to die 3 times every online hour i am in TH.

I can understand that he WANTS to come to TH an PK, but aslong as we cant come to NC and PK, it just sucks. So, [leave the names out], just ask KK to get rid of the Safezones in NC, and i can support your argument. Otherwise shut up, think a bit, and then after that, tell me again, that FA have enough security, and its only fair that you can come anytime and kill everyone around. Well, i think you are smart enough to get my point. I dont want TH to be like on Venus, cause thats just plain silly, but give us an equal to TG or MB. And then remove the Savezones in NC. They have hundreds of Copbots now. That should be sufficient.

Just my two cents.

Xaru

BTW: This is about the 100th post about this, and no response to this from and GM or KK yet as far as i recall. So i guess you will have it your way after all VetteroX :)

Gotterdammerung
12-10-03, 23:22
This is a valid thread and it's already heading to a she said-she said route. Keep it clean, no baiting, trolling or naming names.

ezza
12-10-03, 23:40
Originally posted by Xaru
[keep names out of this] He knows that FA dont have the same chance to raid his place, thats why he is rubbing his hands and jumping up and down feeling proud of himself. Please forgive my rudeness, but i hate for my tradeskillers to die 3 times every online hour i am in TH.

I can understand that he WANTS to come to TH an PK, but aslong as we cant come to NC and PK, it just sucks. So, [leave the names out], just ask KK to get rid of the Safezones in NC, and i can support your argument. Otherwise shut up, think a bit, and then after that, tell me again, that FA have enough security, and its only fair that you can come anytime and kill everyone around. Well, i think you are smart enough to get my point. I dont want TH to be like on Venus, cause thats just plain silly, but give us an equal to TG or MB. And then remove the Savezones in NC. They have hundreds of Copbots now. That should be sufficient.

Just my two cents.

Xaru

BTW: This is about the 100th post about this, and no response to this from and GM or KK yet as far as i recall. So i guess you will have it your way after all VetteroX :)

id rather see TG and MB downgraded in there security, its should be the players who defend there base not the NPCs that KK stick there to make it so the bad guys cant get you:rolleyes:

i would also want all the safezones removed

Xaru
13-10-03, 11:05
Originally posted by ezza
id rather see TG and MB downgraded in there security, its should be the players who defend there base not the NPCs that KK stick there to make it so the bad guys cant get you:rolleyes:

i would also want all the safezones removed

I wouldnt have a problem with that, aslong as the defences are about equally distributed. If there are no guards at all and no safezones, i wouldnt mind.

The only thing that really pisses me off, is that FA enemies can come into TH and kill everyone, but i cant do the same to them. And after killing us, they run, when some real defenders arrive (cause mostly tradeskillers hang around TH, the others are hunting out in the wastelands or somewhere else) then they run. And you meet them again in NC Plaza, and they laugh at you, and you cant draw a weapon and blow them away. That is just not right. As long as this is not possible, i want a safezone in TH or better defences.

Xaru

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 11:11
Well problem is that there's not enough players to defend at any time
Mostly
So raise up some NPC defence
And if TH, MB and TG homes can be raided whenever someone feels like it
Why can't NC?

s0apy
13-10-03, 11:24
Originally posted by VetteroX
no no no bo, and NO. Ill come and pk any time i want. dont like it? cant stop me? well then TH belongs to BD, TT or anyone who wants it. If you cant defend it, tough luck.

"bo"?

true, though, that it's not well enough defended by FA runners. but to be honest, why should we bother? it's not like the PKs are gonna be trashing the place, upsetting tables, spraying graphitti and harassing our hookers after all. no lasting damage done. my advice to FA is, upon hearing that "pk#x" is running around killing noobs (big man) in TH, to just say "meh", and go about your business elsewhere. this goes double if "pk#x" is bringing his pet PPU with him.

give them nothing to shoot at.

and if the problem in TH is not the security bots, but the runners, how come PK attacks in TG are so rare? could it be that they have decent security NPCs?

there will, however, be a pressing need for decent bots in TH if we are to become KoS to copbots in plaza. if everyone else has somewhere safe to go, except FA, then that will be an unbalanced state of affairs.

Stigmata
13-10-03, 11:26
there is another thread about this just a few lines down.

dont forget Vet is a talanted PK'er who only attacks well prepared and skilled high level players, aspecially at TH.

but on that point it has been brought up many many times, TH lacks any form of security.

MB has the Gatlin rifle guards, mercs complain about the dmg of them but if you get a couple of em shooting you it starts to hurt.

TG has the fusion rifle guards which can hurt you if you're careless.

NC is a safezone so no more need be said

TH has what 2 bots in sector 1 ? i have never seen any others ?

Andy

Dissenter
13-10-03, 11:32
you forgot to mention the bots work like some retarded clockwork toy.

st0ckman
13-10-03, 11:37
Originally posted by stigmata
dont forget Vet is a talanted PK'er who only attacks well prepared and skilled high level players, aspecially at TH.

If Vet is who i think he is then yes he is a good PKer shame about his twatty attitude, however the statement above is only half true. Firstly he quite happily kills any level runner. Secondly, a runner coming back into TH with hunting weps which might not be his best e.g. a redeemer for warbot hunting is not what i would call a prepared player no matter how high level he is. If u are prepared to go PKing with a PPU attached to ur ring you are going to have the upper hand. You could also get a steady flow of runners coming to defend but they will all get killed if they are trying to hit a fast target that can't be hurt coz of a PPU. Organisation in FA is a bit crap but i don't think many factions would do much better in TH.

st0ckman

Stigmata
13-10-03, 11:40
If Vet is who i think he is then yes he is a good PKer shame about his twatty attitude, however the statement above is only half true. Firstly he quite happily kills any level runner. Secondly, a runner coming back into TH with hunting weps which might not be his best e.g. a redeemer for warbot hunting is not what i would call a prepared player no matter how high level he is. If u are prepared to go PKing with a PPU attached to ur ring you are going to have the upper hand. You could also get a steady flow of runners coming to defend but they will all get killed if they are trying to hit a fast target that can't be hurt coz of a PPU. Organisation in FA is a bit crap but i don't think many factions would do much better in TH.

st0ckman

stockman you missed everything i said, ever heard of SARCASM

st0ckman
13-10-03, 11:44
Maybe coz there are a lot of ppl that think he is a good PKer that the sarcasm was lost on me.

El Barto
13-10-03, 11:46
Form a good FA clan and go kick their asses, but I don't play on that server much so dunn ohow hard it will be.

Crest
13-10-03, 11:47
Imagine a FA clan pk' TT in their own clan APP. Never heard that one now did you. Or Mebbe FA/TG Killing in PP. Nice place to do it....

Part of the game. You can walk into any area without being attacked.....Even MC5, granted the MC5 gaurds will shoot after alot of warnings, but hey thats cool

TH Turrets shoot without warnings. Pkers normaly sit at GR areas in A and B, there are no Guards there...

PS. this is should be kept in game...

Nid comming with the in game wonder stick ... and I wonder

sira
13-10-03, 11:59
at least our MB guards can spamm your chat
and hopefully make your nc crash cause of that -
the TH bots' click-click-click is not even in chat! O_o

would be cool to get some NPC bountyhunters
to keep the PKs busy in the times that u r just sick of looking for them
or when u want to do other things...

Syntax-Error
13-10-03, 12:03
Its funny. ive seen more then 10 of these posts. yet still i hear people say "its just your view" to me.. (im talking GMs here!!!!!)

(this is NOT a flame to DarK there welcome to raid TH now and then. we all like a little action NOW AND THEN.)

Right now TH is a shithole to defend. with two entrances each side it means we continually have to split our force or risk getting attacked from behind. hell DarK attacked yesterday, 2 PPU a APU a TANK vs 3 APU (no anti-buff) 1 PPU (lvl 40) and about 5 PE/TANKS capped or close to it. sure we killed one or two of them. but due to the fact they attacked from behind half of us had no frickin clue. not only that an UN-BUFFED tank attacked me in TH1 and after my death was able to stand there with 2 spider bots shooting him. without more than a quick heal and ignore.

but.. that said

Im currently working with callash to talk odin and a few other round to a brand new defence idea. (theres already a plan that wont be implamented yet)

SO hang tight :P

Jaenus
13-10-03, 17:32
On a side note (unrelated to people PK'ing in TH) there is a route you can take from the wastelands to get into TH Sec 2/3 without even seeing a turret* or security bot.

* Well if you have your viewing distance turned right up then you can see a turret or two but they can't shoot you.

ezza
13-10-03, 17:35
only thing the turrets outside are good for is a nice massage and the occasional push down the hill side

VetteroX
13-10-03, 19:21
All joking aside, TH does not need more defences. Have you ever thought about MY fun, or Templars fun, or Darks fun? does that cross your minds at all? We need to have places to raid. TH is one of them. Sometimes, tons of defenders show up and push us out. Sometimes, we win and own all, and dont leave till we feel like it. Thats life, deal with it. sometimes FA wins, sometimes BD/TT wins. I have a lotta fun doind PVP... no god damn copbots or spider bots or merc npcs bugging me. I HATE when its just me and xer0, and the city mercs have 8 guys but are so cowardly the keep running back to their guards. I HATE it. try walking a mile in my shoes. Factions HQs are up to the players to defend, not npcs.

And i donno what u guys are smoking. I take MAX 70 from CS, usually a lot less, 40 from a fire of xray pain easer, and 36-38 from rog. And let me tell you, thoes spider bots/merc npcs/tg guards hurt like HELL if i stand around for any more then 3 seconds, so dont tell me they cant do jack.

And stigmata, yeah i attack enemies of any level (enemies are enemies) but unless you have some secret name, ive never once seen you defend TG canyons from us, or cycrow the times he hacked it, or even given me a duel... which many ND have. So what would you know of my skill?

Jest
13-10-03, 19:26
All joking aside, TH does not need more defences. Have you ever thought about MY fun, or Templars fun, or Darks fun? does that cross your minds at all? We need to have places to raid. TH is one of them. Sometimes, tons of defenders show up and push us out. Sometimes, we win and own all, and dont leave till we feel like it. Thats life, deal with it. sometimes FA wins, sometimes BD/TT wins. I have a lotta fun doind PVP... no god damn copbots or spider bots or merc npcs bugging me. I HATE when its just me and xer0, and the city mercs have 8 guys but are so cowardly the keep running back to their guards. I HATE it. try walking a mile in my shoes. Factions HQs are up to the players to defend, not npcs.

And i donno what u guys are smoking. I take MAX 70 from CS, usually a lot less, 40 from a fire of xray pain easer, and 36-38 from rog. And let me tell you, thoes spider bots/merc npcs/tg guards hurt like HELL if i stand around for any more then 3 seconds, so dont tell me they cant do jack.

And stigmata, yeah i attack enemies of any level (enemies are enemies) but unless you have some secret name, ive never once seen you defend TG canyons from us, or cycrow the times he hacked it, or even given me a duel... which many ND have. So what would you know of my skill? Vet is some ways I think your post is bull shit but yet I still some what agree with you. Im fine with TH having no guards, but only if the other HQs loose all their guards too. I like to kill people too you know. Have you ever thought of MY fun?

cobrajay157
13-10-03, 19:29
Speaking of tg/th raids when does regant come out im tired of raiding tg and th and having lil protopharm and crahn try to attack me forcing me to own them all and getting -32 sl again i got it 2 days in a row just because tg/th cant defend to well proto and crahn come.

VetteroX
13-10-03, 19:29
sure, lose all guards, and cops in pp. I want em all gone. I hate them bugging me.

btw jest, the lib has been brought back. I can kill anyone with it. in old days it did 58 to cyclops, then did 49 on nerf, now does 55. The burst bonus might be down a little, but standing toe to toe I can kill a tank wth lib before he kills me. Its a nice gun now... just hard to aim and I wish more bullets hit, but bullet damage - tech level wise its good.

cobrajay157
13-10-03, 19:32
:D :D

Jest
13-10-03, 19:35
sure, lose all guards, and cops in pp. I want em all gone. I hate them bugging me.

btw jest, the lib has been brought back. I can kill anyone with it. in old days it did 58 to cyclops, then did 49 on nerf, now does 55. The burst bonus might be down a little, but standing toe to toe I can kill a tank wth lib before he kills me. Its a nice gun now... just hard to aim and I wish more bullets hit, but bullet damage - tech level wise its good. Yah Ive been using the BS some but I find myself using the Libby still more than the BS. Those high tech points for stealth are worth it though, hit and run tactics on big groups invading TH is awesome haha.

slay3r
13-10-03, 19:48
lol vet every time im on line some ones attacking TH and i dont think ive ever been on when we've (fa) won u get 2 ppus and any think else be it a tank/pe/spy/apu and we're all screwed! its just no chalenge for ya shurly that aint fun? if there were more defences working with defending fa runners that would b more of a chalange hence more fun! i know id enjoy it more, dont get me wrong im all for roll playing but coming in owning every thing and everyone is just frustrating well for me any way! just a thought

superfresh
13-10-03, 20:16
I've got a thread on this here. http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78658

Anyway. There's really no one to blame. Why? Because there's no one in the FA anymore. It's not TG's responsibility to protect us and its not the CM's responsibility to ensure we have OPs. It's certainly not the responsibility of dumb little NPC robots to protect TH. If TH had better security, no one would finish a day saying, "Aw yeah, I love the FA. We have great bots."

slay3r
13-10-03, 20:27
Anyway. There's really no one to blame. Why? Because there's no one in the FA anymore. It's not TG's responsibility to protect us and its not the CM's responsibility to ensure we have OPs. It's certainly not the responsibility of dumb little NPC robots to protect TH. If TH had better security, no one would finish a day saying, "Aw yeah, I love the FA. We have great bots."

this isnt the point here. its not about whos going to help who cuz its never been like that i dont thinki can ever recall when another faction has helped another in defending TH,mb or any other faction hq because the faction alied thingy is all screwed up odd factions are alied to other odd factions like y is ca alide to fa???
odd dont u think? but all that aside we need defences to help out when no one else will ture we cant rely on them and true there arent many fa left no big guns any way NAT etc cuz they all think the grass is greener on the other side yadda yadda yadda and we do need more numbers but for now give us the good defences untill fa can once agian rise from the ashes and shake off thier"care bear" label and once again become a respected name like back in the days of NAT and Co!!!

Xaru
13-10-03, 23:47

VetteroX, if you would be the only one coming to TH, i wouldnt mind, but when you are gone there are usually others. I wonder that you dont step on each others feet :)

And while getting rid of all the guards throughout NC, lets especially get rid of the Copbots and the safezones in NC.

I personally decided not to get involved in any more fights in TH. Ill just leave and wait till you are bored and leave. So lets see, if you like that more.

Xaru

Marzola
14-10-03, 00:11
People need to realise that TH is not just another place on the map. It is FA's faction head quarters. How many faction headquarters do you know of that don't have semi-decent defense? TH is the only place I can think about. Yesterday I was raiding the TT HQ with a few people. The guards hurt. I could never venture too far into the place or else I could die if I didn't find good enough cover. In TH, you can go arround freely with out having to worry about a single bot/turret. Even if you do find one, they to the same damage as a pinfire nail gun :rolleyes: . I don't want TH to be an in-penetrable fortress. That would be lame. I just want it to have equal defense as all the other faction HQ's. If you PKers are so good, then you definatly should be able to withstand a couple of guards shooting at you, right?

*** Just to be known, I don't have a houge problem with TH being raided, I like the fights, and I love the con XP :p I just want TH to have equal defense as all the other faction HQ's. FA is supposed to be a faction for experianced players, so it should be a bit tougher to play than the other factions.***

Lanigav
14-10-03, 06:38
Players of all factions need to have at least one safe haven in their faction homes to do whatever they feel, without having to worry about some clan raid or random dork pking everyone. The fact that you drop belts in TH makes it even worse.

TH needs beefed up NPC defense and fast. There's simply not enough players to properly defend it at all times, and pk'ers often just GR out when the going gets rough. The fact that its also one of the main places GR to in order to reach various places in the outworld makes the problem even worse.

rookee
14-10-03, 16:07
TH needs beefed up NPC defense and fast. There's simply not enough players to properly defend it at all times, and pk'ers often just GR out when the going gets rough. The fact that its also one of the main places GR to in order to reach various places in the outworld makes the problem even worse.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I went to TH for the first time. I would have expected the techies to have the best defensive systems ever, or at least something very tricky. It feels like an abandoned place somehow to me.

I also understand the need of a non-protected area where battles can occur, so the suggestion of having one part defended and the other not sounds pretty sensible. But then it should be the same way at TG HQ, since if I was FA I would definitely want to be able to pay any raiders back without NPCs intervening.

Btw. not being able to draw guns in Neocron sucks, but if it was possible the Copbots should react immediately and put any shooter quickly out of action, so there is a very small chance to kill someone in NC - and an even smaller chance to get out of NC alive... but possible.

40$Poser
14-10-03, 16:20
has anyone realize why the hell there's not even security bots roaming about the Gen Rep areas? That doesn't make sense to me.

You go into other faction headquarters and there's security guards about, but for some reason Tech Haven gets the crappy guards who only guard apartment areas and can't even stop people.

Dru Blood
14-10-03, 16:28
well its a HQ like any other faction it gets raided, i for one are constantly raiding tech haven and city admin HQ and NCPD, its part of the game, its an RPG people are playing there roles. i dont moan when i goto crahn hq and get raped by 12 city admins, i just get my revenge by killin em all at military base :D

slay3r
14-10-03, 18:01
well its a HQ like any other faction it gets raided, i for one are constantly raiding tech haven and city admin HQ and NCPD, its part of the game, its an RPG people are playing there roles. i dont moan when i goto crahn hq and get raped by 12 city admins, i just get my revenge by killin em all at military base

:o OMG has every one not aready said we dont mind roll playing?
but in that case then get some realy realy uber defences in TH seems its suposed to be the most advanced (technology wise) place in the game and let them kick ur asses, then see who moans"oh TH defences r too tough we cant get in to pk any one" well ill b there to reply "sorry boys and girls but that roll playing"

*Mwaa*

superfresh
14-10-03, 18:24
Yeah. No problem with the attacks. Just think TH should be more like Norad and less like a mall.