PDA

View Full Version : sPy PA

Slick
12-10-03, 18:30
Why is there no droner spy PA.

Why do droners always get screwed over by KK.

FuzzyDuck
12-10-03, 18:32
what I'm more annoyed about is that it's -ve to INT. Spies need int for the belts, without belts you're buggered. Kinda pisses me off. Also, since all the other PAs take off non-major skills to that class (e.g. Tanks - DEX, Monks - (used to be) CON, PE - Psi). Also, I agree on the droner point ;)

Keyol45743241
12-10-03, 18:38
Well... I can live without even more skillpoints. There is a minimal difference between minreqs and capped for drones, since it all is based on percentages of a base value. And that base value is low, and 50% more from a low value leaves still a lot to be desired.

I rather think stealth unintentionally gave the final death blow to the droners. :(

Ascension
12-10-03, 18:42
cos KK are ....[Insert Flame here];)

Spikadelia
12-10-03, 18:51
When the armours and their various combinations were put to the community with a request for our input I thought, leaving aside my own personal interest as a Droner/victim *sobs in attic with bad skin and albino eyes*, that the most logical approach was to gear the PA towards rifle and pistols. In terms of combat immediacy pistol, then rifle, then drone is the progression. So I was not suprised to find the decision swinging that way.

However, unless KK address the endless Drone annoyances I have to say then Tylors Biochem will have another major sale of LoMs to a disappointed fly-boy. I was waiting to see what would happen and now once I finish my time in the Graves and cap INT and DEX then it's goodbye PB-20s and hello to anyone of the seven rare rifles. Choice and effectiveness are pretty convincing arguments.

I don't think I will be alone in this decision. The PA and its INT hit don't help but there are a lot of good things about the armour on offer if you are a pistol or rifle user.

Is there anything in the pipeline to hold out a glimmer of hope to the "other spies"....? There have been so many good, intelligent posts and proposals for changes to the Drone situation.

KK throw us a bone or this dog will starve.

alig
12-10-03, 19:10
Originally posted by FuzzyDuck
what I'm more annoyed about is that it's -ve to INT. Spies need int for the belts, without belts you're buggered. Kinda pisses me off. Also, since all the other PAs take off non-major skills to that class (e.g. Tanks - DEX, Monks - (used to be) CON, PE - Psi). Also, I agree on the droner point ;)

Tank PA takes away CON btw.....The tanks second skill.

Spy PA takes away INT.....The spies second skill.

:rolleyes:

Tazo
12-10-03, 19:17
Originally posted by Slick
Why is there no droner spy PA.

Why do droners always get screwed over by KK.
Why do droners need armor.

Divide
12-10-03, 19:49
Originally posted by Tazo
Why do droners need armor.
my sediments exactly... I feel the same way about the rumored, but obviously falce Droner Kami chip--- you cant be killed, if you are a good droner, so why do you need armor in the first place? For some reason, every single time I see a bitch about drones I just feel like DAMN BITCHES HAVENT YOU TAKEN ENOUGH. You arent in pvp, if something bad happens, just launch another drone and get on with your mundane life. You dont need pa, you dont need a kami chip, that is for damned sure... you got your riggers interface, eye implants, and experimental mindcontrol implants... take what you have and smile

Tazo
12-10-03, 19:52
the only thing droners really need are a ton of bugfixes. if a droner gets found he is dead, pa or not.

Shujin
12-10-03, 19:57
instead of bitchin bout no droner armor u read shit.

not to long ago i read that they are making one, they are just holding out on it atm to try to get the setup right, im pretty sure you can find it pretty easy if u jus fuckin read,

neocronicle contains alot of info u ppl should actually read
its not KK's fault if your own ignorance prevents you from looking for the info on your own wants.

Tazo
12-10-03, 20:02
*you* read the cronicle, shujin. what youre talking about was an earlier issue. later on, tangent stated that they would only do pistol and rifle pas, and "something new" for droners.

Shujin
12-10-03, 20:10
I hope you droner guys will have the patience to wait for me trying to sort you out. A retail patch is imminent though, so for now, I just had to decide somehow. If my plans work, you will get your PA. Hell, if my plans work, most people will be screaming "BOOYA", trust me on that one. But right now, I am asking for a bit more patience. I know you're upset and disappointed now. Give me a chance to make it up for you. http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75227&highlight=droner+armor

not to old

Eddie
12-10-03, 20:18
Well some of the other reasons people wear PAs are for the status and (combat) bonuses it gives. Wearing PA means you are obviously high level enough to wear it. And using it usually gives some sort of combat bonus - which droners definitely need as they can't cap their super-high-TL drones.

So there. It's not just about armour.

But then again.. what kind of penalty would there be for a droner? A droner is dead when he is found anyway, so any of the -CON/-ATL/-DEX/-INT or whatnot wouldn't affect them as much as it would affect other classes, if you see what I mean.

But I'm sure Callash will work something out. The clever git.

Eddie

Spy<VS>Spy
12-10-03, 20:18
not that i am a droner anymore...but uh...how about you redue drones, instead of putting in more skill points to use drones.

and when i mean redue...i mean redue, not, fix, alter, add or change the drones...scrap them...delete them, start over. you'll have to dig into the archives for some older drone posts.

but pretty much, drones need their own vendor, there needs to be several kinds of drones and several uses for drones in support/assualt/and defence.

if ya decide to do that kk, shoot me a mail, i'll type you up a manual on how exactly drones can go into the game. do a little editing from your core devs, scratch out whats not possible and alter a few things with your balance people...then get several well known players in all fields...monkage, tankage, and spy/pe-age...shoot it by them, take addressed issues and modifie it further.

THEN shoot it out to the community...fire out some tests on the test server to get a go for how the princible will work with the science...few more minor adjustment...and BANG, make it happen.

i bet you can peice that together in a month, two at the most.

Spikadelia
12-10-03, 20:24
Shujin thx for the link to that piece by Mr Callash.

Miss a day or two in the forums and you can lose important info.

Back to holding my breath then..... (gulp)