PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Modding

cpl101
12-10-03, 16:59
I've just ordered my messiah 2 mod chip, so i can play all my backed up games :)

Just wondering how hard it is to install, I don't want to pay £80 to get some guy to do it when i have a perfectly good computer graduate as a housemate :) He modded his xbox, and i'm wondering just how more difficult is it?

Style
12-10-03, 17:35
i used to do this quite alot, and i tell you this... it takes skill with a welder. if you mess up, you can really fuck shit up.

you can find guides of the internet.

but just remember it is not easy to install.

[edit] i would recommand letting someone know what they are doing, just bevery caeful if you do it your self

Omnituens
12-10-03, 20:53
IIRC, the messiah 2 chip doesnt need welding.

im sure there is one that doesnt

MjukisDjur
12-10-03, 23:38
if you can handle solder points big as needle pins then you are fine. If that sounds really tiny then you should really consider hire a friend trained with this kind.

cpl101
13-10-03, 02:03
Well like i said my friend is doing it for me, he successfu;ly modded his xbox which had a few trickey connections, i think there are just MORE for the messiah. At £80 its not much more expensive if he does do it and fucks up tbh :)

I've got everyfaith in him

Heavyporker
13-10-03, 02:40
Hrm. I think I recall hearing that Messiah 2 or whatever was about a little kiddy angel that possessed people?

Richard Slade
13-10-03, 11:38
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Hrm. I think I recall hearing that Messiah 2 or whatever was about a little kiddy angel that possessed people?

No that's just "Messiah", thank God they didn't make a second game
I didn't really like the thought of looking at some baby butt in diapers
for a few hours while jumping and bumping around
No seriously, I didn't.

Sanch0s
13-10-03, 20:25
I've wanted to mod my ps2 for ages!!! :(